Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

UrAnIdlot wrote:
<quoted text>Jealous? No. Cause a few to throw up, you betcha. 8o)
I'd say many have thrown up. Lmao
the truth

Taylors, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Why are you idiots still going on and on? This vote happened. It passed with over 90% approval. You can't get it off the books. Move on.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Hillbillyboy wrote:
Yes, there were people around here (Tennessee) talking just last year (before the Colorado shootings) about how that, whenever there is a big gun ban being discuss in Congress, or some secret gun restriction/removal treaty being discussed in secret with...by the UN...
...then all of the sudden there is a mass shooting somewhere.
Usually by somebody with a mental illness.
The gunman often kills himself.
Im not saying it was all planned and orchestrated, but who knows?
remember the movie....Manchurian Candidate?
Programming? Mind Control?
How much do you actually trust the government?
(This government)
One thing you MUST do...you must learn to understand that Movies have absolutely NOTHING to do with REAL LIFE! Movies are a product of the Screen Writer's imagination, that's all!
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Hillbillyboy wrote:
Yes, there were people around here (Tennessee) talking just last year (before the Colorado shootings) about how that, whenever there is a big gun ban being discuss in Congress, or some secret gun restriction/removal treaty being discussed in secret with...by the UN...
...then all of the sudden there is a mass shooting somewhere.
Usually by somebody with a mental illness.
The gunman often kills himself.
Im not saying it was all planned and orchestrated, but who knows?
remember the movie....Manchurian Candidate?
Programming? Mind Control?
How much do you actually trust the government?
(This government)
The US government is guilty of everything you mention and more; documented and easily verifiable so far. The Internet is a wonderful information source, and that's why they're trying to censor it as well.

No rational, thinking, and/or intelligent individual would trust the government, but we rational, thinking, and intelligent people knew that already. LOL
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you MUST do...you must learn to understand that Movies have absolutely NOTHING to do with REAL LIFE! Movies are a product of the Screen Writer's imagination, that's all!
Yeah, that's right, and .... oh .... uh .... wait a second here.
If that's so, why do companies pay millions of dollars to buy air time during the Super Bowl and other major events? Not to mention all the money they pay media to promote their products throughout the year.

Maybe movies DO influence people, as well as TV shows, News, and Documentaries. If they didn't, we wouldn't have all those pesky commercial interruptions. I'm just saying.
gayblackjesus

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

One of several reasons why the “debate” over guns, like a lot of other debates in this country, has been so intractable for so long is that neither side trusts in the other’s honesty or good faith. Each side believes its own stated arguments to be, quite simply and truthfully, their real arguments, and sees their opponents’ arguments as transparent smokescreens for their "real," more insidious agendas.

In my more charitable moods I ascribe gun owners’ passionate attachment to these weapons to fear. Their fear is grotesquely distorted--cultivated by the media and exacerbated by their own chosen propaganda--and guns are a delusional means of placating that fear, a semiautomatic security blanket. But fear is at least a motive I can empathize with. But I also suspect that some gun owners are driven by something deeper and creepier—a kind of castration anxiety or overcompensation, for which guns serve as fetish objects.
http://www.thepaincomics.com/weekly130208.htm
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

the truth wrote:
Why are you idiots still going on and on? This vote happened. It passed with over 90% approval. You can't get it off the books. Move on.
Actually, we can. In fact, we can change the entire Tennessee Constitution if we so desired. Perhaps you didn't know, but all governments, whether they serve or rule, exist because the people allow them to. Maybe you should consider the power of "We, the People". Gandhi understood this, and look what he did.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

gayblackjesus wrote:
One of several reasons why the “debate” over guns, like a lot of other debates in this country, has been so intractable for so long is that neither side trusts in the other’s honesty or good faith. Each side believes its own stated arguments to be, quite simply and truthfully, their real arguments, and sees their opponents’ arguments as transparent smokescreens for their "real," more insidious agendas.
In my more charitable moods I ascribe gun owners’ passionate attachment to these weapons to fear. Their fear is grotesquely distorted--cultivated by the media and exacerbated by their own chosen propaganda--and guns are a delusional means of placating that fear, a semiautomatic security blanket. But fear is at least a motive I can empathize with. But I also suspect that some gun owners are driven by something deeper and creepier—a kind of castration anxiety or overcompensation, for which guns serve as fetish objects.
http://www.thepaincomics.com/weekly130208.htm
That's kinda creepy, I was thinking that those who desire to surrender their weapons, rights, freedom, and sovereignty were victims of their own fetish to be dominated, subjugated, and emasculated. Perhaps driven by a need for some "Father figure" to guide them due to parental abandonment issues from their childhood. Then again, maybe I'm just being kind, but it does seem you're trying to fill some void with something you lack, perhaps in a position of genuflection {bowing}, or total subservience {down on all four}? It is also possible, judging from your chosen nickname, that there is a spiritual component at work here as well, but who would assume that a person would be so desperate to fill a spiritual void through physical means?
Hillbillyboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on! How can anybody be so naive as to think that violent movies, violent video games, and violent music (like rap) have no influence on young people?

I bet you dont believe there is a Satan either, do you?

I ask that because I have met people that actually believe this stuff.

I believe in the existence of Satan as he is described in the Bible, and I believe that Satan uses people who dont accept Jesus as their Savior. Any way that Satan can get others to avoid the Bible and shun Christian values, he will do. And he then uses them to sew yet more seeds of evil and ruin more lives.

And all the while, using the pride and arrogance of the victims themselves to keep them anesthetized, so that they will not wake up from their deluded state and realize the damage that Satan is doing them, or where he is ultimately leading them to.

And that is the function of the violent music, video games, and violent mass media, especially for the ones made for teenage kids. And we have also the mainstream anti-God media, which is putting these deviant and un-Godly messages into the TV sets night and day.

Its all part and parcel to understanding the bigger image and how all of the question of violent media fits into it .

Satan is for gun control, and every other kind of big government program that enslaves people (like the Mark of the Beast- 666, as a well known example).

Satan is for enslavement of a free people and the loss of our freedoms, and Satan is for broken homes, violence in the streets, corruption in the government, Divorces, the organized killing of children as part of a de-facto human sacrifice scheme reminiscent of the ancient cult of BAAL worship ( another way of explaining legalized abortion), sexual immorality of all different sorts, theft and robbery, substance abuse, confusion, depression and suicide, and you name it.

In other words, all of the very things that modern music, video games, and movies are all about. It is what they push night and day.

So, who is the author of this?

Having said that, what kind of stuff do we see portrayed in the violent movies and video-games and music that is geared towards young people today?

It is the exact same, isnt it? The stuff the mass media is filling the kids heads with is exactly the stuff that Satan wishes to see pushed.

That is because it is harmful and destructive. Violence is harmful and destructive, and so it drug abuse, and deviant sex, and broken homes, and crime and so on, and all of the other stuff known as "sin". It is all part and parcel of the same package.

From the same author.

And absolutely none of it is harmless. It is all poison and lethal to the soul and mind, and the society that makes a place for it.

But before you label me as a nutcase, just remember that this is pretty standard Christian stuff. And Christians comprise about 2 Billion people on the planet today.

How many Christians have lived in the last 2000 years?

So, perhaps it is you that is in the minority view? Perhaps it is you that represent the small, nutty minority, not I?

Perhaps you dont believe in any of these things? That is entirely up to you. But whether you believe in them or not will make absolutely no difference. These things are far bigger than any one individual.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
The US government is guilty of everything you mention and more; documented and easily verifiable so far. The Internet is a wonderful information source, and that's why they're trying to censor it as well.
No rational, thinking, and/or intelligent individual would trust the government, but we rational, thinking, and intelligent people knew that already. LOL
The Internet is only reliable if you already know enough to be able to sort out the Truth from the BS. the Internet has an ample supply of both. I don't know much about computers, but I know that much about the Internet!
People have filled it to the brim with junk information and garbage!
Satan

Royse City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on! How can anybody be so naive as to think that violent movies, violent video games, and violent music (like rap) have no influence on young people?
I believe in the existence of Satan as he is described in the Bible, and I believe that Satan uses people who dont accept Jesus as their Savior. Any way that Satan can get others to avoid the Bible and shun Christian values, he will do. And he then uses them to sew yet more seeds of evil and ruin more lives.
And all the while, using the pride and arrogance of the victims themselves to keep them anesthetized, so that they will not wake up from their deluded state and realize the damage that Satan is doing them, or where he is ultimately leading them to.
I've been watching you, you go against gods wishes. You must really want to spend eternity with me.
Bow before me, for I am the Beast.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Just because you BELIEVE IT doesn't make it true. You believe Movies are as real as Life, that isn't true , either!
To paraphrase P.T. Barnum, "There's One born every minute".
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been watching you, you go against gods wishes. You must really want to spend eternity with me.
Bow before me, for I am the Beast.
When I see a post like this, it isn't the child posting that upsets me, it is the absence of any parental authority, and a little something we used to call "up-bringing". Just proof that the father that spares the rod hates his child, but statistically the father is probably absent, so strength of character simply isn't in the mix.

Don't get me wrong, Satan, I don't really blame you, unless you're over 18. I blame those who conceived you and then left you to try to raise yourself with only TV and video games to guide you. As long as you're a minor, you always have "blame the parents" to fall back on so you never have to change. However, one day you will cross that legal threshold into adulthood, and when you do there are certain things you'll be expected to take on board. These range from responsibility for your own actions to responsibility to the community and society at large. You'll be expected to get a job and support yourself, or get with some dim witted female, get her pregnant, and ride the government gravy train until the child{ren} reach majority, and hope you've attained some form of disability so you can continue to draw a government check.

This is your life, Satan. This is what you have to look forward to. A word of warning though; at some point the government will no longer be able to afford to support you and your kind, so {according to history} you will all be organized into work gangs for free labor on public works projects to earn the money you've been paid. This is coming, you've been warned, and when you think to protest just remember that you've been bought and paid for already; that is to say, you sold yourself into slavery, no one did it to you.

Have a nice day, Satan.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Just because you BELIEVE IT doesn't make it true. You believe Movies are as real as Life, that isn't true , either!
To paraphrase P.T. Barnum, "There's One born every minute".
Who are you responding to?
Satan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
When I see a post like this, it isn't the child posting that upsets me, it is the absence of any parental authority, and a little something we used to call "up-bringing". Just proof that the father that spares the rod hates his child, but statistically the father is probably absent, so strength of character simply isn't in the mix.
Don't get me wrong, Satan, I don't really blame you, unless you're over 18. I blame those who conceived you and then left you to try to raise yourself with only TV and video games to guide you. As long as you're a minor, you always have "blame the parents" to fall back on so you never have to change. However, one day you will cross that legal threshold into adulthood, and when you do there are certain things you'll be expected to take on board. These range from responsibility for your own actions to responsibility to the community and society at large. You'll be expected to get a job and support yourself, or get with some dim witted female, get her pregnant, and ride the government gravy train until the child{ren} reach majority, and hope you've attained some form of disability so you can continue to draw a government check.
This is your life, Satan. This is what you have to look forward to. A word of warning though; at some point the government will no longer be able to afford to support you and your kind, so {according to history} you will all be organized into work gangs for free labor on public works projects to earn the money you've been paid. This is coming, you've been warned, and when you think to protest just remember that you've been bought and paid for already; that is to say, you sold yourself into slavery, no one did it to you.
Have a nice day, Satan.
I was not conceived, I was created. Do your homework.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you responding to?
HillbillyBoy, post # 8852.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Satan wrote:
<quoted text>I was not conceived, I was created. Do your homework.
And you Momma and Daddy regretted it too, didn't they? Well, so do all of us!

And you're not a Kid, you're an almost 50 year old Male, with the Mind of a Kid...a delinquent problem Kid.
Satan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're not a Kid, you're an almost 50 year old Male, with the Mind of a Kid...a delinquent problem Kid.
You're one to speak, we all know your sins.
Satan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Admit it, your mother and father were brother and sister, That is why you're not very bright.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the function of the violent music, video games, and violent mass media, especially for the ones made for teenage kids. And we have also the mainstream anti-God media, which is putting these deviant and un-Godly messages into the TV sets night and day.
Its all part and parcel to understanding the bigger image and how all of the question of violent media fits into it .
Satan is for gun control, and every other kind of big government program that enslaves people (like the Mark of the Beast- 666, as a well known example).
Satan is for enslavement of a free people and the loss of our freedoms, and Satan is for broken homes, violence in the streets, corruption in the government, Divorces, the organized killing of children as part of a de-facto human sacrifice scheme reminiscent of the ancient cult of BAAL worship ( another way of explaining legalized abortion), sexual immorality of all different sorts, theft and robbery, substance abuse, confusion, depression and suicide, and you name it.
In other words, all of the very things that modern music, video games, and movies are all about. It is what they push night and day.
So, who is the author of this?
Having said that, what kind of stuff do we see portrayed in the violent movies and video-games and music that is geared towards young people today?
It is the exact same, isnt it? The stuff the mass media is filling the kids heads with is exactly the stuff that Satan wishes to see pushed.
That is because it is harmful and destructive. Violence is harmful and destructive, and so it drug abuse, and deviant sex, and broken homes, and crime and so on, and all of the other stuff known as "sin". It is all part and parcel of the same package.
From the same author.
And absolutely none of it is harmless. It is all poison and lethal to the soul and mind, and the society that makes a place for it.
But before you label me as a nutcase, just remember that this is pretty standard Christian stuff. And Christians comprise about 2 Billion people on the planet today.
How many Christians have lived in the last 2000 years?
So, perhaps it is you that is in the minority view? Perhaps it is you that represent the small, nutty minority, not I?
Perhaps you dont believe in any of these things? That is entirely up to you. But whether you believe in them or not will make absolutely no difference. These things are far bigger than any one individual.
You're just plain NUTS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••