The "English is the Official Language...

The "English is the Official Language of Oklahoma Act"

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

3,314 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

go now

Orange, CA

#11691 Jul 27, 2014
I'm voting no. This law sounds like a slippery slope that I don't want to be involved in, and in a way, it also sounds a bit authoritarian.www.welovenike.com
ninn

Orange, CA

#11692 Jul 27, 2014
I'm voting no. This law sounds like a slippery slope that I don't want to be involved in, and in a way, it also sounds a bit authoritarian www.welovenike.com
Jesus

United States

#11693 Jul 28, 2014
I prerfer Mexican.
WarForOil

Southlake, TX

#11695 Aug 6, 2014
Jenks wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope we're ( Oklahoma ) not like Arkansas.
True, in Arkansas the electricity stays on all night
nearly everywhere.
Sam

West Fork, AR

#11697 Aug 15, 2014
Jesus wrote:
I prerfer Mexican.
Mexican women
deb

Tulsa, OK

#11699 Sep 2, 2014
English already is the official language of Oklahoma. What would an amendment do? It's good to have other languages/interpreters as well. Almost any electronic item you buy is made in another country and the manual usually is written in English and several other languages. We need to expand our horizons not narrow them.
Mary F

Little Rock, AR

#11700 Sep 6, 2014
I think all Mexicans or Indians should vote for the Seditious Adulterous Ho Tramp who hates teenagers, Indians, Mexicans, poor people, old people, and Kids (baby Veronica) except the ones that have oil on their land and rich people from other states.

I think all okies should wallow in their self pity and blame Obama for their plight

Wonder how Failin and the state repugs are going to blame all the damages from the big earthquake on Federal interference and Obama.

They will just come to the Black ruler with hat in hand and on their knees begging for FEMA help and if they get it, curse FEMA, Obama, and the Federal government with all their pitiful might.
DoesntCare

United States

#11701 Sep 7, 2014
Mary F wrote:
I think all Mexicans or Indians should vote for the Seditious Adulterous Ho Tramp who hates teenagers, Indians, Mexicans, poor people, old people, and Kids (baby Veronica) except the ones that have oil on their land and rich people from other states.
I think all okies should wallow in their self pity and blame Obama for their plight
Wonder how Failin and the state repugs are going to blame all the damages from the big earthquake on Federal interference and Obama.
They will just come to the Black ruler with hat in hand and on their knees begging for FEMA help and if they get it, curse FEMA, Obama, and the Federal government with all their pitiful might.
This arky has the okies number.
Leo

United States

#11702 Sep 7, 2014
zzz wrote:
While on a deer hunt in Oregon I saw movement up on a ridge. Using a large fallen tree to balance the barrel of my hunting rifle I peered into the scope. What happened next could only be described as spiritual and profound. I couldn't pull the trigger, instead I dropped to my knees and thank GOD, our creator, for giving me this gift...
http://tinyurl.com/kqh9eew
ROFLMAO...
abcdefghijk

Laguna Niguel, CA

#11703 Sep 20, 2014
Left Hooverville wrote:
Lmao, idiots. It sounds like a trivial thing but just another form of racism and economic discrimination. If this passes there will be little to no public services for those who don't speak English. Does that mean they don't have to pay taxes either? Probably not. Taxation without representation was the primary reason for the real tea party in Boston yet ironically most modern day tea baggers would support this.
You Okies are so supid that you think Coons are animals.
Liz

Russellville, AR

#11705 Sep 22, 2014
Mary F wrote:
Mary F, you got it.
protect our children

Cleveland, TX

#11706 Sep 22, 2014
deb wrote:
English already is the official language of Oklahoma. What would an amendment do? It's good to have other languages/interpreters as well. Almost any electronic item you buy is made in another country and the manual usually is written in English and several other languages. We need to expand our horizons not narrow them.
Dear person, perhaps a trendy expansion to include might be English spelled backward, then English spelled diagonally maybe be added or English spelled whichever direction desire by the speller in the got-cha mode. Clever huh?
Gayner Trotts

Arlington Heights, IL

#11707 Sep 23, 2014
Oh, yes. An official language in Oklahoma. English! This is so worthy of my time, effort, and consideration. It's so crucial to my life! If this gets passed, then I will suddenly be given 10,000$ every month and not have to worry about money for the rest of my life. All those old piled up rusting car bodies amid tons of rubbish and decaying in the middle of Albion will just vanish. Shop owners who have closed will find all those who owe them money will suddenly return the money they owe. Why?! We will enter that promised land of milky honey and fried chicken with lots of gravy on our biscuits stuffed to the gills with butter. This is the most important bill to be considered in Oklahoma since that bill that was introduced to hunt deer with large kitchen cleavers. Oh, and also that bill to imprison anyone caught not using the King James Version of the Bible. Sadly, those bills failed but after this bill is passed, I intend on lobbying to revive them and other important things to waste my time on since I'm so upset at anyone who could possible believe that you are saved by grace and not by faith.
Ace

Memphis, TN

#11708 Sep 23, 2014
"""since that bill that was introduced to hunt deer with large kitchen cleavers. Oh, and also that bill to imprison anyone caught not using the King James Version of the Bible."""

These are very important bills and when passed the okie economy will boom. I support the bill that will require, under penalty of death, that everyone will have to go to a goood christian church on Sunday morning and night and on Wednesday night.

And when the okies get this bill passed, Failin, with all her good judgement as a Jezebel, can push for Southern Baptist Churches only .

And then Failin, just like the Queen of England who is head of the Church of England, can preside over the Churches of Southern Baptists.

All Hail Jezebel Failin,--------- Queen of the Right.---------
NYC

United States

#11709 Sep 23, 2014
FAKE Ace wrote:
"""since that bill that was introduced to hunt deer with large kitchen cleavers. Oh, and also that bill to imprison anyone caught not using the King James Version of the Bible."""
These are very important bills and when passed the okie economy will boom. I support the bill that will require, under penalty of death, that everyone will have to go to a goood christian church on Sunday morning and night and on Wednesday night.
And when the okies get this bill passed, Failin, with all her good judgement as a Jezebel, can push for Southern Baptist Churches only .
And then Failin, just like the Queen of England who is head of the Church of England, can preside over the Churches of Southern Baptists.
All Hail Jezebel Failin,--------- Queen of the Right.---------
Another fake Ace post.....hmmm, someone sure has an identity problem!
NYC

United States

#11710 Sep 24, 2014
I have an identity problem!

I think that I am in new York City with a fetish for TAMARA.
Will

United States

#11712 Sep 24, 2014
But Will Rogers did say: "If the Lord can see His way clear to bless the Republican Party the way it's been carrying on, then the rest of us ought to get it without even asking."
Zane

United States

#11715 Sep 25, 2014
Will wrote:
But Will Rogers did say: "If the Lord can see His way clear to bless the Republican Party the way it's been carrying on, then the rest of us ought to get it without even asking."
I always thought his saying was: "I never met a repughthug that I liked."?
Donnie

United States

#11717 Sep 25, 2014
FAKE Zane wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought his saying was: "I never met a repughthug that I liked."?
Hey stupid post in your own name!

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#11718 Sep 25, 2014
i lived in ok for years and it sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 min YIM 81,801
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 7 min LnP 23,397
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min An NFL Fan 194,264
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr guest 71,599
Election VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 3 hr observer 1,368
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 13 hr No Repub 727
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 16 hr WarForOil 83,228
More from around the web