Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15450 May 23, 2013
But on this forum, the hypocrisy in on the right. Look at the topics that have been discussed--Benghazi, the IRS, immorality. For some reason, republicans seem to think that they hold the higher moral ground on any of this. They don't. Honestly, when it comes to the issues, republicans just don't have a leg to stand on. If they complain about Obama's policies, then dems can just point out the republicans have offered nothing other than obstructionism. If they complain about deficits, all the dems have to do is point to Bush and Reagan (the man who invented deficit spending).
bushman wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree. I have never disagreed on that. But the hypocrisy on the left is no different. It is on both sides equally. That is all that I have tried to point out. That's just like in most marriages that fail it is both sides that is usually at fault. Neither side wants to give. All they want to do is take. You know one of the reasons I have addressed you more than anyone else on here is because I don't take to ugly insults and name calling unless it is in decent taste. But this stuff about filthy, nasty name calling and telling someone what to do with something between there legs or on there backside doesn't impress me much and invalidates the whole entire conversation with me. All this gay bashing amongst everyone on here is disgusting. I think it is better to disgusts issues and get out of the gutter. Which you haven't done to me and I respect that. But done others can't even hold down a conversation without calling someone a homo or coming up some disgusting remarks. It just makes people look ignorant. I am neutral in the whole gay movement and won't speak on that issue because it stirs up both sides of that issue. But I will say every human deserves the same rights and respect regardless of there orientation. So that is all ridiculous speech whoever says it. I detest crooks on either side of the political spectrum. My anger is, as long as everyone is fighting in politics and doing crooked deals nothing I mean nothing good comes out of it. Look at how much of nothing has been done for the good of our country. It has been decades and more than 2 decades. Our country has been in a steady decline for years. Yes we have ups and downs in the economy but our ups haven't been as high as low as our downs have been. So everyone's dollar pays for less and less every year. Our dollar is worthless. Go try and buy the same amount of gas now as you could in the past with the same income. Income has not kept up with the cost of buying. That is not a republican or democrat problem. That is a consumer problem.
bushman

Huntington, WV

#15451 May 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>But on this forum, the hypocrisy in on the right. Look at the topics that have been discussed--Benghazi, the IRS, immorality. For some reason, republicans seem to think that they hold the higher moral ground on any of this. They don't. Honestly, when it comes to the issues, republicans just don't have a leg to stand on. If they complain about Obama's policies, then dems can just point out the republicans have offered nothing other than obstructionism. If they complain about deficits, all the dems have to do is point to Bush and Reagan (the man who invented deficit spending).
Now, now. I am going to surprise you with this one. The last time our deficit spending was less than it is right now is when Bill Clinton was in office. He was one of the best domestic policy presidents we ever had. We had a surplus, then Bush and Obama came along. What Bush and Obama did was horrible for our deficit spending. When Clinton was in office our economy was better and we had a surplus. So the last two presidents screwed that up. We need Clinton's domestic policies back in place. See I have respect for democrats.

Since: Jun 11

Bluefield, WV

#15452 May 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you are 100% right about Obama. He was elected to destroy the republican party. Now to be honest, it didn't happen the way I thought it would. I had hoped that Dems would just ram everything down their throat the way the did Obamacare.
An interesting thing has happened though. When the Republitards took over the house in 2010, they actually began destroying themselves. Obama didn't have to do anything at all because with the help of the idiotic teabagging movement, the republicans began self-destructing. Rand Paul saying that civil rights should be repealed, a handful of ignorant republicans talking about rape babies, Boehner's complete ineffectiveness and inability to lead, Mitt Romney's 47% comments, Paul Ryan's disastrous budget cuts, Rick Santorum's homophobia, Rick Perry's famous "oooops moment," Newt Gingrich's disastrous presidential campaign just filled with racist undertones....all of it turned off just enough black, Hispanic, female, and elderly voters to get Obama re-elected in 2012.
Truth be told, I am very disappointed with Obama as president. Like everyone else, I had hoped for so much more, but I am more than willing to settle for him presiding over the destruction of the republican party. I wish he had taken a little more of a pro-active role in its destruction, but I think it will be a little more interesting to watch Hillary destroy the party after 2016.
And she will.
I disagree that Obamacare was rammed down their throats, it took over a year to get it done and was not all that impressive thanx to Lieberman being a captive of the insurance agenicies in CT, ruining the only chance we had of 60 votes then had to do it like Dubyas was able to pass tax cuts thru reconciliation, which gives the bill an expiration date of ten years once fully implemented.

"Ramming down the throats" is what Republicans do, remember the charade the teabag governors done with tax cuts immediately after election without any debate on those state floors? Wis Dem senators had to leave ther state to slow thast thing down.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15453 May 23, 2013
The steepest rise in the deficit occured under Bush. Reagan actually started the trend. Clinton reversed it.

http://zfacts.com/p/318.html

I find it hilarious that republicans bitch about Obama, but never even mentioned the debt under Bush or Reagan and clearly don't want to talk about what happened under Clinton.

bushman wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now. I am going to surprise you with this one. The last time our deficit spending was less than it is right now is when Bill Clinton was in office. He was one of the best domestic policy presidents we ever had. We had a surplus, then Bush and Obama came along. What Bush and Obama did was horrible for our deficit spending. When Clinton was in office our economy was better and we had a surplus. So the last two presidents screwed that up. We need Clinton's domestic policies back in place. See I have respect for democrats.
Crowley

Fairmont, WV

#15454 May 23, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad. A little tired, but not bad. My pentacostababe always says, "Bacon" - she always calls me Bacon - she says, "Bacon you're so cute I wanna put you on a biscuit with egg and cheese and swallow you whole." Then she does it. Sans the biscuit, egg and cheese. Bitch has no gag refex.
Meat Lover, why would she gag on a cocktail weeny?

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15455 May 23, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree that Obamacare was rammed down their throats, it took over a year to get it done and was not all that impressive thanx to Lieberman being a captive of the insurance agenicies in CT, ruining the only chance we had of 60 votes then had to do it like Dubyas was able to pass tax cuts thru reconciliation, which gives the bill an expiration date of ten years once fully implemented.
"Ramming down the throats" is what Republicans do, remember the charade the teabag governors done with tax cuts immediately after election without any debate on those state floors? Wis Dem senators had to leave ther state to slow thast thing down.
Rammed was a bit harsh, but I thought that the best way to implement Obamacare would have been a little at a time. I'm a firm believer in building on small successes. I would have preferred if it was started as a program to deal with the 40+ million uninsured in this country. We could have worked out the bugs and the costs during a much smaller program.

Personally though, I like the idea of the pre-existing condition clause and the fact that I can keep my kids on my insurance until they are 25. Both of those things, I think are good.

The concept of universal health care is a good one, but as with any government program, it is going to come down to the execution. I have concerns about that.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15456 May 23, 2013
I corrected your misusage of the word. I just thought you should be more desriptive.
Crowley wrote:
<quoted text>
Meat Lover, why would she gag on a cocktail Crowley?

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15459 May 23, 2013
After the Bush presidency, why would we have any other goal?

One would think that if the goal was to improve the country, the republicans would be seeking compromise with the president (the way it is supposed to work) rather than obstructing his every move leaving the country in a pathetic state of deadlock.
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>its interesting how the democratic goal for a president is to destroy the other party. While that may be fun to do and make good conversation, the goal should be to improve the country. This democratic mindset if destroying people is more like an idea from radical Islam.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15460 May 23, 2013
I couldn't even grow a mustache in 1973.

By the way, lots of people have pretended that they know me on here and that has not changed one thing. I'm still here--whether you know me in real life or not. My real name has been posted, my old address has been posted, pictures of me have been posted, my wife's name, my kid's names, you name it--it's all been done.

I'm still here. So, if you want to waste your time, that's fine, but it's not changed one damn thing.

And the most pathetic thing of all is pretending that you know me, because you don't.

Obviously, you're just frustrated and lashing out. Try harder.
Brocko Bomma wrote:
<quoted text>you had a beard in 1973.
Floyd

Advance, NC

#15461 May 23, 2013
bushman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you ever take a break? Your head is going to explode. But, I guess democrats don't do anything wrong. Why don't you blame the whole entire political system. There is just as much corrupt corruption in the democrat part. I can name of one right now. Obama and his Chicago style politics. He is just as corrupt as Nixon ever was.
Don't I ever take a break? You definitely have me confused with someone else. But I can form an opinion as to why you're confused. Sure Democrats do wrong. My point was, since I have to explain it for you, politics on the federal level has become a "my side, your side" pissing contest. Leaders are elected and then they go to Washington and do not cast their votes for what is best for the country or the people. They cast their votes along party lines and party platforms. They cast votes which will hurt the working class in favor of corporations in order to pay them back for political donations or either in hopes of future donations. Each side will not cooperate with the other and will point fingers at the other in hopes of winning control in future elections. They spend millions of dollars on propaganda to smear the names and reputations of the other side. 99% are guilty. I go to the government website often and see how each one votes on certain issues. Until people like you and I wake up and hold every politician accountable for they way they vote this will continue and America and Americans will pay the price. What hurts is the average person votes for candidates based upon what party they belong and not their record and capacity to succeed. I didn't say I was a Democrat nor did I imply that I was one. The only statement I made was that I am an American. It is clear though, by your hostility, what party is listed on your registration card. Perhaps it might enlighten you if you did research on the issues I mentioned in my first post and learn your party's position on each of them. I will continue to research and make the decisions who to give my vote by a candidate's character and history. I would guess that you will cast your votes determined by what letter ( D or R ) is beside the candidates name. It is my belief that should the majority of voters continue voting for a party rather than a candidate will will continue the witness the decline of this country. Thank God for the ones who use their head to pick politicians instead of going by what party they belong or what gossip, rumors and propaganda they have heard. You can not pick politicians in the same way you can a favorite sports team or favorite racecar driver and expect any other results than what you are getting now. Good day.
bushman

Huntington, WV

#15463 May 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>I couldn't even grow a mustache in 1973.

By the way, lots of people have pretended that they know me on here and that has not changed one thing. I'm still here--whether you know me in real life or not. My real name has been posted, my old address has been posted, pictures of me have been posted, my wife's name, my kid's names, you name it--it's all been done.

I'm still here. So, if you want to waste your time, that's fine, but it's not changed one damn thing.

And the most pathetic thing of all is pretending that you know me, because you don't.

Obviously, you're just frustrated and lashing out. Try harder.
Do you have anger issues or what? Your going to let this crap give you a heart attack. Not good. Not good, my friend.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15465 May 23, 2013
Islamist?

That's stupid. I don't believe in any of that religious bullshyt.
Chauncey wrote:
<quoted text>doesnt matter who you are. Just another radical Islamist blowhard.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15466 May 23, 2013
LOL...so can you show me in any of my statements where I showed anger?

That's stupid even for you.

How about you address the real issue here. Someone is so desperate to make a point that they will pretend that they know me in real life?

I think someone that desperate is obviously frustrated to the point of having a heart attack. I've been through this shyt before a hundred time on Topix. It has not changed one thing.

I think you need to get a grip on reality.
bushman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anger issues or what? Your going to let this crap give you a heart attack. Not good. Not good, my friend.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15467 May 23, 2013
Almost as childish as the goal of the republican party being not to cooperate with Obama on any level. Almost as childish as the republican party turning their back on Chris Christie for cooperating with Obama. But you already knew that, didn't you?
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>because the bush presidency is over. Lincoln and Jefferson are gone too. You really think the goal of a president should be to destroy the other party? Think about how childish that is.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Abescon, NJ

#15468 May 23, 2013
Floyd wrote:
<quoted text> Don't I ever take a break? You definitely have me confused with someone else. But I can form an opinion as to why you're confused. Sure Democrats do wrong. My point was, since I have to explain it for you, politics on the federal level has become a "my side, your side" pissing contest. Leaders are elected and then they go to Washington and do not cast their votes for what is best for the country or the people. They cast their votes along party lines and party platforms. They cast votes which will hurt the working class in favor of corporations in order to pay them back for political donations or either in hopes of future donations. Each side will not cooperate with the other and will point fingers at the other in hopes of winning control in future elections. They spend millions of dollars on propaganda to smear the names and reputations of the other side. 99% are guilty. I go to the government website often and see how each one votes on certain issues. Until people like you and I wake up and hold every politician accountable for they way they vote this will continue and America and Americans will pay the price. What hurts is the average person votes for candidates based upon what party they belong and not their record and capacity to succeed. I didn't say I was a Democrat nor did I imply that I was one. The only statement I made was that I am an American. It is clear though, by your hostility, what party is listed on your registration card. Perhaps it might enlighten you if you did research on the issues I mentioned in my first post and learn your party's position on each of them. I will continue to research and make the decisions who to give my vote by a candidate's character and history. I would guess that you will cast your votes determined by what letter ( D or R ) is beside the candidates name. It is my belief that should the majority of voters continue voting for a party rather than a candidate will will continue the witness the decline of this country. Thank God for the ones who use their head to pick politicians instead of going by what party they belong or what gossip, rumors and propaganda they have heard. You can not pick politicians in the same way you can a favorite sports team or favorite racecar driver and expect any other results than what you are getting now. Good day.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees BUSH-man for the republican that he really is.
bacon hater

Mckeesport, PA

#15469 May 23, 2013
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>because the bush presidency is over. Lincoln and Jefferson are gone too. You really think the goal of a president should be to destroy the other party? Think about how childish that is.
When that party's goal has been publicly announced as being solely the destruction of one man's presidency and their tactics are aimed squarely at keeping the economy in the funk, obstructing infrastructure programs and interfering with civil rights, yes. It's not childish, it's necessary for the country. But the tea baggers are taking the whole thing down the tubes. We don't need to do much except act as a laughing escort.
Venus

United States

#15470 May 23, 2013
IRS scandal = impeachment!!! Also, he has done nothing he said he would in 2008. Guantanamo is still open, more prisons have been built and filled all ready.

The federal police have started kidnapping protesters.... The FBI shot a man they were questioning about the Boston bomb. He wasn't a suspect of anything. Out of control.

Don't respond to this if you're trying to argue democrat or republican. Both parties are uselss.

Reality is scary. Stop living in denial, wake up, and face the tyranny. We've got to put a stop to the corruption.
bushman

Huntington, WV

#15471 May 23, 2013
Floyd wrote:
<quoted text>Don't I ever take a break? You definitely have me confused with someone else. But I can form an opinion as to why you're confused. Sure Democrats do wrong. My point was, since I have to explain it for you, politics on the federal level has become a "my side, your side" pissing contest. Leaders are elected and then they go to Washington and do not cast their votes for what is best for the country or the people. They cast their votes along party lines and party platforms. They cast votes which will hurt the working class in favor of corporations in order to pay them back for political donations or either in hopes of future donations. Each side will not cooperate with the other and will point fingers at the other in hopes of winning control in future elections. They spend millions of dollars on propaganda to smear the names and reputations of the other side. 99% are guilty. I go to the government website often and see how each one votes on certain issues. Until people like you and I wake up and hold every politician accountable for they way they vote this will continue and America and Americans will pay the price. What hurts is the average person votes for candidates based upon what party they belong and not their record and capacity to succeed. I didn't say I was a Democrat nor did I imply that I was one. The only statement I made was that I am an American. It is clear though, by your hostility, what party is listed on your registration card. Perhaps it might enlighten you if you did research on the issues I mentioned in my first post and learn your party's position on each of them. I will continue to research and make the decisions who to give my vote by a candidate's character and history. I would guess that you will cast your votes determined by what letter ( D or R ) is beside the candidates name. It is my belief that should the majority of voters continue voting for a party rather than a candidate will will continue the witness the decline of this country. Thank God for the ones who use their head to pick politicians instead of going by what party they belong or what gossip, rumors and propaganda they have heard. You can not pick politicians in the same way you can a favorite sports team or favorite racecar driver and expect any other results than what you are getting now. Good day.
I am an independent and I have voted for both republicans and democrats on about a 50/50 scale. I listen to issues and will not vote for any person whom I think is corrupt to the point that it will drastically destroy our country. I liked Bill Clinton but he had issues, but I still voted for him because of the two choices. I didn't really like George W. Bush but I voted for him because I knew Al Gore was a total nut case. I voted for George W. Bush again because I was in the military and couldn't very well vote for Kerry because of the things he did after and during Vietnam. I voted for Hillary Clinton in the first primary against Obama because a I trusted her more than Obama after I heard all the negative comment about Obama and his past associations and voted for McCain because of the lessor of two evils, voted for Mitt Romney because of the Lessor of two evils. So until we can nominate someone worthwhile in either party I guess it will be the lessor of two evils for me. How about you. I think the best president we have had to pick from in the past twenty years was Bill Clinton. That's just my opinion.
bushman

Huntington, WV

#15472 May 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...so can you show me in any of my statements where I showed anger?

That's stupid even for you.

How about you address the real issue here. Someone is so desperate to make a point that they will pretend that they know me in real life?

I think someone that desperate is obviously frustrated to the point of having a heart attack. I've been through this shyt before a hundred time on Topix. It has not changed one thing.

I think you need to get a grip on reality.
I was just trying to lighten things up. Chill a little we can still have a little fun with this. I just don't like getting nasty and mean spirited like others on here. It solves nothing. I think dems., repubs., and Indeps. alike can disagree on things without getting childish. But at the same time have a little fun.
bushman

Huntington, WV

#15473 May 23, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees BUSH-man for the republican that he really is.
Not a republican. Don't give two cents for that party or the democrat party. I don't call them republicans or democrats anymore. I lump both parties together and call them republicrats or democans. Because both parties are just as dirty as the other. I vote for individuals not party. I have never voted straight ticket but one time in my life and that was when Bill Clinton ran for president against George H. W. Bush and I voted straight democrat ticket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Panks 259,227
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 27 min dixie 93,990
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Stupid Obama Bitches 108,994
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 9 hr OnePhart 1,123
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 12 hr Gods 83,935
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... (Nov '14) Sun billystokes 22
Election Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sun Cordwainer Trout 6,510
More from around the web