Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
bacon hater

Acme, PA

#12694 Apr 30, 2013
It's impossible for someone to be successful enough to gross 250k and stupid enough to think he pays 110k in taxes at the same time.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12695 Apr 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
The problem with our tax system is that rich people don't pay their fair share. But it isn't their fault. Our taxes need to be based on wealth, not income. When you consider that the top one percent owns 90 percent of our wealth, you can see where it just isn't fair even for someone earning well over six figures to pay any taxes. That disparity is also the one statistic that has grown commensurate with the slide of middle class wealth.

You can't blame anyone for being savvy enough to avoid or reduce his tax burden. It's not a charity.
Who do you thinks pays 90 percent of the taxes in this country. It sure isn't the middle class. It is the top 10 percent income earners. It is not far for the top 10 percent to pay 90 percent of the taxes. Especially when the bottom 50 percent pay nearly nothing in taxes. You have to under stand that people making over $250,000 are considered rich in the presidents eyes. They are small business owners that employee people. They are not rich by no means. That is the people that the president wanted to raise taxes on. Please tell me how that helps the economy. These are people that run a plumbing business out of there garage, gas station owners, landscaping companies and some mom and pop shops that are going out of business because of government policies that run them out of business.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#12696 Apr 30, 2013
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Now wait a minute, I never said I wanted the US to go into Iraq did I. I just said they had WMD's and passed them to Syria.
There is absolutely no proof that Iraq passed any WMD to Syria. None. This is speculation by those who seek to save GWB's reputation.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Those idiots over there for all I care can kill each other off in my opinion. But I don't believe that Iraq had WMD's because of the crap that Bush or Powell said. I believe it because Assad's recent use of them on his own people.
So let me get this straight. If Asaad used WMD's on his own people, then he must have gotten them from Iraq? Is that what you're saying? I mean there is no way that he could have come up with them on his own or gotten them from some other source?
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care what they do to each other over there. They have been fighting for 6,000 years or more and that's all they know. But I was for dropping bombs and completely making Afghanistan unlivable, because of UBL and his band of drug producing thugs and for him ordering the attacks on 911.
And if we had stayed focused on that war instead of going into Iraq, we would have completed the mission and been home by now.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at what is over there now another thug running that country and still producing drugs that are killing people by the thousands in Europe. Don't preach to me when you don't like churches to begin with. You assume to much before you know the facts about what someone believes. If it was up to me I would cut off all aid to foreign countries. How can a country aid one country billions of dollars while owing another one trillions.
This is interesting. I specifically mentioned Iraq. Not Afghanistan. Yet you are trying to make this about Afghanistan. I had no problem with the Afghan war. None whatsoever. My issue was the fact that we were all lied to about WMD in Iraq. I never mentioned Afghanistan. Try to stay on point.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12697 Apr 30, 2013
Well the fact is, what you are spewing are not economic facts. They are economic fallacies. So in a sense, you are correct. The source of your economic fallacies is irrelevant.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Also why do you think everyone that disagrees with you watches Fox News. Try reading the Wall Street Journal. I don't get my economic facts from Liberal News Channels like MSNBC, CNN, ABC, or Headline News nor I get them from FNC or FBC. I read mines from a real source of economic news. Not some ex-Clinton or Bush hack. Grow some brain cells and read a little bit you might learn something. Also stay off the oped pages.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12698 Apr 30, 2013
SatanasWitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, a war based on lies which has caused the deaths of thousands of people including children is nothing compared to some dudes having a fling with a hot actress. What was I thinking.
These people don't have morals or priorities. They have agendas. If they could think for themselves, they wouldn't come to the conclusions they do.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12699 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, you don't gross a quarter of a million dollars a year, so please stop lying. Unless, of course, you get paid for being stupid and if that is the case, you are grossly underpaid.

Secondly, even if you did make that much money, that does not put you in the category of millionaire. Please try to keep up. At best, that makes you "upper middle class" and that's still working class.

The difference is between the working class and millionaires.

Now if you think you have what it takes to argue with Nobel Prize winning economists, please feel free to make a complete ass of yourself.

But the fact is, so far all you have demonstrated is that you think making 250K puts you on par with millionaires and it does not.
No I never said that puts me on par with millionaires m. That puts me on par with the income level that Obama wants to punish.$250,000 or more. Like I said what I make is on wise investments from my father and now me. My dad was a wise ass womanizer. But that didn't make him or me stupid. Income from devices that has 0 overhead do you understand what that means. Nothing to right off. The only thing I have to right off is Mortgage on my home. The rest is income that is made from banking trusts and dividends. How do you right anything off of that? Please tell me I would love to know. Also you don't even know how old I am either. It is called retirement income that was also invested pretax. Do you know when you draw that money out what kind of taxes that you pay on them. More than you would working and drawing a paycheck.
bacon hater

Acme, PA

#12700 Apr 30, 2013
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you thinks pays 90 percent of the taxes in this country. It sure isn't the middle class. It is the top 10 percent income earners. It is not far for the top 10 percent to pay 90 percent of the taxes. Especially when the bottom 50 percent pay nearly nothing in taxes. You have to under stand that people making over $250,000 are considered rich in the presidents eyes. They are small business owners that employee people. They are not rich by no means. That is the people that the president wanted to raise taxes on. Please tell me how that helps the economy. These are people that run a plumbing business out of there garage, gas station owners, landscaping companies and some mom and pop shops that are going out of business because of government policies that run them out of business.
You're dead wrong. People making between 50 and 250k pay the bulk of taxes, not the top ten percent. You don't read the WSJ. You don't make 250k. Stop lying. Haven't you realized that's what has your party on the powerless margins of society by now? You guys all assume everyone is like you - dumb, won't do the research, religious idiots. Then they aren't like you and you get massacred in 4 out of the last 5 election and wonder why.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12701 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>There is absolutely no proof that Iraq passed any WMD to Syria. None. This is speculation by those who seek to save GWB's reputation.

The Great One wrote, "<quoted text>
Those idiots over there for all I care can kill each other off in my opinion. But I don't believe that Iraq had WMD's because of the crap that Bush or Powell said. I believe it because Assad's recent use of them on his own people."

So let me get this straight. If Asaad used WMD's on his own people, then he must have gotten them from Iraq? Is that what you're saying? I mean there is no way that he could have come up with them on his own or gotten them from some other source?

I really don't care what they do to each other over there. They have been fighting for 6,000 years or more and that's all they know. But I was for dropping bombs and completely making Afghanistan unlivable, because of UBL and his band of drug producing thugs and for him ordering the attacks on 911."

And if we had stayed focused on that war instead of going into Iraq, we would have completed the mission and been home by now.

Look at what is over there now another thug running that country and still producing drugs that are killing people by the thousands in Europe. Don't preach to me when you don't like churches to begin with. You assume to much before you know the facts about what someone believes. If it was up to me I would cut off all aid to foreign countries. How can a country aid one country billions of dollars while owing another one trillions. "

This is interesting. I specifically mentioned Iraq. Not Afghanistan. Yet you are trying to make this about Afghanistan. I had no problem with the Afghan war. None whatsoever. My issue was the fact that we were all lied to about WMD in Iraq. I never mentioned Afghanistan. Try to stay on point.
I never said that I was for Daddy Bush getting revenge through his son for Sadam's actions towards Daddy Bush. I told you I could care less about that entire area over there. It looks like you and I are in agreement on one thing it is Iraq. Really if we had left that country alone we wouldn't be putting up with Iran's crap now. Iraq would have kept those idiots in check.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12702 Apr 30, 2013
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
No I never said that puts me on par with millionaires m. That puts me on par with the income level that Obama wants to punish.$250,000 or more.
Actually, those who earn that much (not you) are in the top 2%. Obama simply wants to put the tax rate back to where it was during Bush's presidency. Now since everyone in WV makes 250K (sheesh!!), I would think that you wouldn't mind doing your fair share to get the economy back to where it was during Clinton's presidency.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said what I make is on wise investments from my father and now me. My dad was a wise ass womanizer. But that didn't make him or me stupid.
Right. Just like you and every other WV Topix poster.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Income from devices that has 0 overhead do you understand what that means. Nothing to right off. The only thing I have to right off is Mortgage on my home. The rest is income that is made from banking trusts and dividends. How do you right anything off of that?
If you had used some of that vast wealth of yours, you might have gotten an education and learned the difference between "write" and "right."
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me I would love to know. Also you don't even know how old I am either. It is called retirement income that was also invested pretax. Do you know when you draw that money out what kind of taxes that you pay on them. More than you would working and drawing a paycheck.
LOL. My, my. YOu do have a vivid imagination.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12703 Apr 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>You're dead wrong. People making between 50 and 250k pay the bulk of taxes, not the top ten percent. You don't read the WSJ. You don't make 250k. Stop lying. Haven't you realized that's what has your party on the powerless margins of society by now? You guys all assume everyone is like you - dumb, won't do the research, religious idiots. Then they aren't like you and you get massacred in 4 out of the last 5 election and wonder why.
I am a democrat idiot. I am not a republican. How do I get that through your bald thick head. Quit hating bacon and you might be a little happier. Protein is good for the body. Why would I be a republican because of my economic beliefs. I really don't like either party. They both have there I am better than you attitude. I am more of an independent thinker. But I am a registered democrat do I can vote for county and local officials that I want to vote for. No republicans ever run and you can't vote on both tickets in the primary so I am a registered democrat. I wish more registered independents would run for local offices. I don't care for the Republican Party because of the religious right that controls half the party. Stop lumping me in with all these religious nuts like Pat Roberts and all those other nuts that are on the religious talk shows. They no nothing about running there own church much less running a country.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12704 Apr 30, 2013
True. Taking out Saddam destablized the area. That's why we are having problems with Iran and Syria. Bush Sr. knew that and that is why he didn't take out Saddam in the first Gulf War. Little Bush listened to Cheney and that was his undoing.

That war has cost us a fortune and we have nothing to show for it other than creating a nanny state where we are pumping in billions of dollars for nothing.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that I was for Daddy Bush getting revenge through his son for Sadam's actions towards Daddy Bush. I told you I could care less about that entire area over there. It looks like you and I are in agreement on one thing it is Iraq. Really if we had left that country alone we wouldn't be putting up with Iran's crap now. Iraq would have kept those idiots in check.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12705 Apr 30, 2013
Actually, I have voted republican as many times as democrat in my life. I think it is sad to see what has happened to the republican party of today and even sadder to realize that some people still believe in their senseless rhetoric.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a democrat idiot. I am not a republican. How do I get that through your bald thick head. Quit hating bacon and you might be a little happier. Protein is good for the body. Why would I be a republican because of my economic beliefs. I really don't like either party. They both have there I am better than you attitude. I am more of an independent thinker. But I am a registered democrat do I can vote for county and local officials that I want to vote for. No republicans ever run and you can't vote on both tickets in the primary so I am a registered democrat. I wish more registered independents would run for local offices. I don't care for the Republican Party because of the religious right that controls half the party. Stop lumping me in with all these religious nuts like Pat Roberts and all those other nuts that are on the religious talk shows. They no nothing about running there own church much less running a country.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12706 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, those who earn that much (not you) are in the top 2%. Obama simply wants to put the tax rate back to where it was during Bush's presidency. Now since everyone in WV makes 250K (sheesh!!), I would think that you wouldn't mind doing your fair share to get the economy back to where it was during Clinton's presidency.

Like I said what I make is on wise investments from my father and now me. My dad was a wise ass womanizer. But that didn't make him or me stupid."

Right. Just like you and every other WV Topix poster.

Income from devices that has 0 overhead do you understand what that means. Nothing to right off. The only thing I have to right off is Mortgage on my home. The rest is income that is made from banking trusts and dividends. How do you right anything off of that?"

If you had used some of that vast wealth of yours, you might have gotten an education and learned the difference between "write" and "right."

Please tell me I would love to know. Also you don't even know how old I am either. It is called retirement income that was also invested pretax. Do you know when you draw that money out what kind of taxes that you pay on them. More than you would working and drawing a paycheck."

LOL. My, my. YOu do have a vivid imagination.
No you are not to smart are you. If you were such a working poor paying more than your far share, how are you on here at 10:11 am on a Tuesday morning? If I didn't make what I said I make why would I stand up for the ones who pays the most taxes? If I was a poor slug like you I would be crying I think the rich don't pay there far share. I don't get enough earned income tax credit money. Please give me more welfare Pres. Obama. Come on give me a break. Why don't you hand that bull to the ladies you play strip poker with. I am not stopping to your level and acting like I am so much smarter and above the rest of the world like you do. So argue with those other people on here you like to argue with. You argue for the sake of arguing. You even argue with people who agree with you. That is what makes you a complete non understandable person. Why do you argue with just about everybody unless they talk filthy and nasty towards others? Do you think that makes you a more creditable person? It just makes you look mean, hateful, filthy and nasty.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12707 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I have voted republican as many times as democrat in my life. I think it is sad to see what has happened to the republican party of today and even sadder to realize that some people still believe in their senseless rhetoric.
What ruined the Republican Party for me is the religious right. We don't need preachers telling us how to vote or run this country. Especially when they get caught with there paints down to there knees getting serviced by a hooker. JSM is one of those holier than thou ministries when he got caught picking up hookers.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12708 Apr 30, 2013
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are not to smart are you. If you were such a working poor paying more than your far share, how are you on here at 10:11 am on a Tuesday morning?
I am far from the working poor, my friend. I am on here at 10:11 in the morning because I don't lean on a shovel to earn a living.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
If I didn't make what I said I make why would I stand up for the ones who pays the most taxes?
Because you are a subservient republican who wants to pay taxes so the rich don't have to.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a poor slug like you I would be crying I think the rich don't pay there far share.
I'm far from poor, but I don't mind paying my share of taxes as long as everyone else does. What I resent is having to pay so that millionaires don't.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get enough earned income tax credit money. Please give me more welfare Pres. Obama. Come on give me a break. Why don't you hand that bull to the ladies you play strip poker with.
That's just crazy talk, but I've come to expect nothing less from you.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not stopping to your level and acting like I am so much smarter and above the rest of the world like you do.
It's "stooping," not stopping. And I am not smarter than the rest of the world, just you.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
So argue with those other people on here you like to argue with. You argue for the sake of arguing. You even argue with people who agree with you. That is what makes you a complete non understandable person.
Sorry if you don't understand facts. Perhaps you should stick to Fox News.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you argue with just about everybody unless they talk filthy and nasty towards others? Do you think that makes you a more creditable person? It just makes you look mean, hateful, filthy and nasty.
You sound angry.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12709 Apr 30, 2013
The religious right ruined it for everybody.

Barry Goldwater said it best:

On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.
I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Barry_Goldwater
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
What ruined the Republican Party for me is the religious right. We don't need preachers telling us how to vote or run this country. Especially when they get caught with there paints down to there knees getting serviced by a hooker. JSM is one of those holier than thou ministries when he got caught picking up hookers.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12712 Apr 30, 2013
SatanasWitch wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called WiFi,all major cities has it and most people have tablets and androids and are not afraid to use em at work.
Good point. I post from 1 of two laptops, an iPad and one of two iPhones. The opportunities to post are endless.
Knows

Houston, TX

#12714 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. I post from 1 of two laptops, an iPad and one of two iPhones. The opportunities to post are endless.
All of which you store up your rear...
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#12715 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Conservatism is not a maturation process. It's a symptom of weak mindedness and retardation. After all, you gladly pay taxes so the rich don't have to.
Now how mature is that?
<quoted text>
They pay over 23% of existing taxes. Forty percent of americans dont pay taxes at all. These are the free loaders thats draining this country and love Obama for it.
THE LAST WARRIOR POET

Hurricane, WV

#12716 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
The religious right ruined it for everybody.
Barry Goldwater said it best:
On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.
I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Barry_Goldwater
<quoted text>
Well then , you have nothing to fear because you,ll never be convinced.
Its your judgement you need to worry about. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 1 min Stray- Dog 84,782
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min dixie 82,837
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min IND 232,825
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 27 min Johnny R 105,219
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) 41 min DIAMOND DAISY ALERT 11
Election Who are you voting for in the Michigan Governor... (Oct '14) 9 hr Water 22
Election California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sat Edrosenthaal 16,048
More from around the web