Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#12666 Apr 30, 2013
I get it right here:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

The rich pay a tax rate of about 17%. The middle class pays an effective tax rate approaching 30%.

That takes buying power away from the consumer class and gives investment power to the rich. Investments only help Wall Street. Middle class buying power helps the American economy.

If you do the math on how much we would gain if we taxed the poor, it's barely worth the administrative effort. Nothing from nothing is nothing. Taxing the poor will not get us out of this mess we are in. That's another deflection that you people have fallen for.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think all the taxes are paid by people making less than $100,000 a year. As a matter of fact most people making under $50,000.00 a year if they are smart enough to have H&R Block to fill out there taxes for them pay $0 Federal Income Tax. They still pay FICA and Medicare taxes but everyone pays them. So where do you get that rich people pay $0 taxes. That is laughable. What expenses does someone that makes $50,000 a year have to claim? You can't claim rent. People that make a lot of money have a lot of investments that help lower income people to have jobs. Have you ever seen a poor man hire anybody? That's fine tax the rich to death and they will pass the costs down to someone else by raising prices or just not hire anyone. It is better than having government own all the businesses. Try going to the system the USSR used to have. They were either rich or very, very poor. The government controlled everything. Capitalism is the best style of economy in the world. If you don't believe that you have more issues than liberalism.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12667 Apr 30, 2013
SatanasWitch wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed they would. They would have taken pics of that and shown them off to everyone they met for the rest of their lives.
Don't be so demented. Show some respect. You sound like another one that conservative. Show a little class. Your opinions go farther when you are a little more classy with you thoughts.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12668 Apr 30, 2013
By the way, this notion that the rich creates jobs is just dumb. First of all, Bush gave the highest tax cuts to the rich in the history of this country and what was the result? A recession. Secondly, Clinton had high tax rates on the rich and what was the result? A booming economy.

Lastly, and most importantly, it is DEMAND that creates jobs. If you put more money in the hands of the consumer class, you will create more jobs. Consumers buy more cars, houses, bread, clothes, etc, etc, etc, that rich people do simply because there are MORE middle class people.

You people need to stop believing the lies you are told by your party. You need to stop being so damn subservient.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think all the taxes are paid by people making less than $100,000 a year. As a matter of fact most people making under $50,000.00 a year if they are smart enough to have H&R Block to fill out there taxes for them pay $0 Federal Income Tax. They still pay FICA and Medicare taxes but everyone pays them. So where do you get that rich people pay $0 taxes. That is laughable. What expenses does someone that makes $50,000 a year have to claim? You can't claim rent. People that make a lot of money have a lot of investments that help lower income people to have jobs. Have you ever seen a poor man hire anybody? That's fine tax the rich to death and they will pass the costs down to someone else by raising prices or just not hire anyone. It is better than having government own all the businesses. Try going to the system the USSR used to have. They were either rich or very, very poor. The government controlled everything. Capitalism is the best style of economy in the world. If you don't believe that you have more issues than liberalism.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12669 Apr 30, 2013
Educate yourself:

http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-ec...

It's basic economics.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12670 Apr 30, 2013
LOL. Take a look at what your party is doing to women and then come back and lecture me about how to treat women.

Here's the thing. John and Bobby nailed Marilyn. She was a willing participant. George Bush was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people based on a LIE THAT THERE WERE WMD IN IRAQ.

Where's your moral outrage over that?

The problem with most conservatives is that you are basically infantile.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
And you talk about other people being mean and nasty. Say something like that to a woman that has any brains in her head and she would whip your rear. I wouldn't say that to my wife and she is an ultra liberal. That was spoken like your buddy that you despise so much Rush Limbaugh. I don't talk about women like that. I also have respect for my wife not to be a whore monger. Try being a little more nice to the opposite sex please. You want people to respect gays which I do, but I also have respect for women. I don't think of women like dogs, the way you are portraying them. I am not saying you are a dirt bag, but, that is what most women would think of you. Even more liberal women would think of you. I guarantee you don't talk like that in front of women. Grow up and be an adult. I wanna bet you are gonna talk crap about me and I haven't once got nasty with you. So please show some respect with your reply.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12671 Apr 30, 2013
SatanasWitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed they would. They would have taken pics of that and shown them off to everyone they met for the rest of their lives.
Absolutely they would have.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12676 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>By the way, this notion that the rich creates jobs is just dumb. First of all, Bush gave the highest tax cuts to the rich in the history of this country and what was the result? A recession. Secondly, Clinton had high tax rates on the rich and what was the result? A booming economy.

Lastly, and most importantly, it is DEMAND that creates jobs. If you put more money in the hands of the consumer class, you will create more jobs. Consumers buy more cars, houses, bread, clothes, etc, etc, etc, that rich people do simply because there are MORE middle class people.

You people need to stop believing the lies you are told by your party. You need to stop being so damn subservient.
That is absolutely ridiculous. That answer right there goes to show you nothing about how the economy works. What is the amount of money of 17 percent of a Billion dollars and what is 30 percent of $70,000. Also I know people that had made $50,000 dollars that got more money back than paid in. Earned income tax credit. That is a welfare check to middle class families who have kids. Used to be that you had to be unemployed and a woman with kids to get a welfare check. Now they just get them at the end of the year and also married with kids. Kinda a stupid safety net right. Not only does your employer pay you to work, so does the tax payers. Then you say the rich don't pay there far share. I think everybody that works and makes one dollar or more should pay an effective tax rate of 20 percent across the board. No deductions. That my response.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12677 Apr 30, 2013
SatanasWitch wrote:
<quoted text>It is the nature of the beast within men.
I don't think married men should go out and mess around on there wives. What was the purpose of getting married. You must hate men to think they all think like perverts. JFK and Bobby didn't think it while married they did it. Known fact. You as a woman think it is ok for men to fool around on there wives. I would rather be a prude than think the way you do. I have never thought adultery was right. I had to live with that with my dad growing up and a mother screaming at him on an average of once a month. Don't think that is good for anyone. You just told on yourself if what kind of person you are. Why would you even think that way much less think it is ok to do it.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12678 Apr 30, 2013
Sadly, you have been so brain-washed and are so ignorant that there is likely nothing anyone can do to help you.

How many millionaires are there vs. how many working class people? It's simple math.

All you have to do is look at the state of our economy since Bush lowered the tax rates for the rich.

One of America's leading economists can explain it to you. Probably not in simple enough terms, but he can at least try.

http://robertreich.org/post/4344201496

Republicans count on you being ignorant. That's how they can convince YOU to pay more taxes while making the rich pay less. I am sure that you are making them proud.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
That is absolutely ridiculous. That answer right there goes to show you nothing about how the economy works. What is the amount of money of 17 percent of a Billion dollars and what is 30 percent of $70,000. Also I know people that had made $50,000 dollars that got more money back than paid in. Earned income tax credit. That is a welfare check to middle class families who have kids. Used to be that you had to be unemployed and a woman with kids to get a welfare check. Now they just get them at the end of the year and also married with kids. Kinda a stupid safety net right. Not only does your employer pay you to work, so does the tax payers. Then you say the rich don't pay there far share. I think everybody that works and makes one dollar or more should pay an effective tax rate of 20 percent across the board. No deductions. That my response.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12679 Apr 30, 2013
Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Prize winning economist said this:

"It's not class warfare to ask everyone in the country to pay their fair share. To say the wealthy have taken advantage of their political position and have not paid their share of taxes is not class warfare. It's a statement of fact," Stiglitz told ABC News. "The fact is they are paying lower taxes and most Americans think this is unjust and unfair. Tax loopholes don't just appear out of thin air. They are the result of big political investments that rich people have particularly made to get tax preferences."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/nobel-prize-wi...

You are more than welcome to listen to the talking heads on Fox News and then come on here and display your ignorance of the economy. Just don't think it will go unanswered with facts.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12680 Apr 30, 2013
Just because you had an unhealthy childhood in an unstable home does not mean that we all suffered the same affliction. Not everybody shares your sense of right and wrong.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think married men should go out and mess around on there wives. What was the purpose of getting married. You must hate men to think they all think like perverts. JFK and Bobby didn't think it while married they did it. Known fact. You as a woman think it is ok for men to fool around on there wives. I would rather be a prude than think the way you do. I have never thought adultery was right. I had to live with that with my dad growing up and a mother screaming at him on an average of once a month. Don't think that is good for anyone. You just told on yourself if what kind of person you are. Why would you even think that way much less think it is ok to do it.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12683 Apr 30, 2013
SatanasWitch wrote:
<quoted text>
All married men don't cheat but it is a fact that over half of them do. Even a good percent of the married men who do not cheat would still give their friend a pat on the back for landing a woman like Marylin. It's just how they are.
I'm married,my husband does not cheat on me coz he kinds likes breathing and having a heartbeat. jk
He doesn't cheat because he loves me and he was serious about getting married but you know damn well that many couples marry for the wrong reasons and soon cheating begins on both sides.
I take his moral outrage with a grain of salt. Obviously, he does not mind the fact that George W. Bush lied to all of us about WMD and sent troops into Iraq resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. That doesn't bother him at all. But let a Kennedy cheat with a good looking woman and he is completely offended by it.

LOL.

That's the kind of lunacy the republican party is counting on. They love it when their constituents can't think something through to a logical conclusion.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12684 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Sadly, you have been so brain-washed and are so ignorant that there is likely nothing anyone can do to help you.

How many millionaires are there vs. how many working class people? It's simple math.

All you have to do is look at the state of our economy since Bush lowered the tax rates for the rich.

One of America's leading economists can explain it to you. Probably not in simple enough terms, but he can at least try.

http://robertreich.org/post/4344201496

Republicans count on you being ignorant. That's how they can convince YOU to pay more taxes while making the rich pay less. I am sure that you are making them proud.
Well if you call be grossing a quarter of a million dollars a year and actually ending up with about $140.000 a year not paying my far share you are being a little whiny if you ask me. I pay a higher percentage than anyone making $50,000 a year no matter how you cut it. One reason why I pay so much low overhead because most of it is investments that has no overhead costs. Second is I don't get that earned tax credits that these so called poor people get. Can you imagine that people claim the maximum about of dependents during the year and pay close to $0 income tax during the year and getting $6,000 dollars back at the end of the year. Where is there contribution to the Federal Government. Learn a little bit about current tax laws. You must be one of those people that thinks that earned income tax credit isn't enough for you. Try paying taxes first out of your check.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12685 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Prize winning economist said this:

"It's not class warfare to ask everyone in the country to pay their fair share. To say the wealthy have taken advantage of their political position and have not paid their share of taxes is not class warfare. It's a statement of fact," Stiglitz told ABC News. "The fact is they are paying lower taxes and most Americans think this is unjust and unfair. Tax loopholes don't just appear out of thin air. They are the result of big political investments that rich people have particularly made to get tax preferences."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/nobel-prize-wi...

You are more than welcome to listen to the talking heads on Fox News and then come on here and display your ignorance of the economy. Just don't think it will go unanswered with facts.
Also why do you think everyone that disagrees with you watches Fox News. Try reading the Wall Street Journal. I don't get my economic facts from Liberal News Channels like MSNBC, CNN, ABC, or Headline News nor I get them from FNC or FBC. I read mines from a real source of economic news. Not some ex-Clinton or Bush hack. Grow some brain cells and read a little bit you might learn something. Also stay off the oped pages.
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12686 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you had an unhealthy childhood in an unstable home does not mean that we all suffered the same affliction. Not everybody shares your sense of right and wrong.
It is not a religious right and wrong or religious morals I talk about because those are subjective to what faith or religion you belong to. I am just talking about a standard that has always been around. There are also a ethics that are standard for atheist and agnostics that religion has nothing to do with. Murder is unethical to most humans, stealing is unethical, lying under oath is unethical, also so is adultery. I am a secular person that still believes in ethics. Do you have any ethics at all?
bacon hater

Acme, PA

#12689 Apr 30, 2013
The problem with our tax system is that rich people don't pay their fair share. But it isn't their fault. Our taxes need to be based on wealth, not income. When you consider that the top one percent owns 90 percent of our wealth, you can see where it just isn't fair even for someone earning well over six figures to pay any taxes. That disparity is also the one statistic that has grown commensurate with the slide of middle class wealth.

You can't blame anyone for being savvy enough to avoid or reduce his tax burden. It's not a charity.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12690 Apr 30, 2013
First of all, you don't gross a quarter of a million dollars a year, so please stop lying. Unless, of course, you get paid for being stupid and if that is the case, you are grossly underpaid.

Secondly, even if you did make that much money, that does not put you in the category of millionaire. Please try to keep up. At best, that makes you "upper middle class" and that's still working class.

The difference is between the working class and millionaires.

Now if you think you have what it takes to argue with Nobel Prize winning economists, please feel free to make a complete ass of yourself.

But the fact is, so far all you have demonstrated is that you think making 250K puts you on par with millionaires and it does not.

The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you call be grossing a quarter of a million dollars a year and actually ending up with about $140.000 a year not paying my far share you are being a little whiny if you ask me. I pay a higher percentage than anyone making $50,000 a year no matter how you cut it. One reason why I pay so much low overhead because most of it is investments that has no overhead costs. Second is I don't get that earned tax credits that these so called poor people get. Can you imagine that people claim the maximum about of dependents during the year and pay close to $0 income tax during the year and getting $6,000 dollars back at the end of the year. Where is there contribution to the Federal Government. Learn a little bit about current tax laws. You must be one of those people that thinks that earned income tax credit isn't enough for you. Try paying taxes first out of your check.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12691 Apr 30, 2013
Ethics is very subjective. Personally, I doubt that anyone who would show moral outrage over the actions of consenting adults while ignoring the murders of thousands of people based on lies has any real ethics.
The Great One wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a religious right and wrong or religious morals I talk about because those are subjective to what faith or religion you belong to. I am just talking about a standard that has always been around. There are also a ethics that are standard for atheist and agnostics that religion has nothing to do with. Murder is unethical to most humans, stealing is unethical, lying under oath is unethical, also so is adultery. I am a secular person that still believes in ethics. Do you have any ethics at all?

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#12692 Apr 30, 2013
SatanasWitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Got proof of any of this?
50,000 per yr is working poor not middle class. That is nothing,you couldn't barely afford to live in NY on that.
I don't get it. Everybody from WV that posts on Topix makes 250K a year.

Wonder how in the hell it got the reputation of being one of the poorest states in the union?

;)
The Great One

Martinsburg, WV

#12693 Apr 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>I take his moral outrage with a grain of salt. Obviously, he does not mind the fact that George W. Bush lied to all of us about WMD and sent troops into Iraq resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. That doesn't bother him at all. But let a Kennedy cheat with a good looking woman and he is completely offended by it.

LOL.

That's the kind of lunacy the republican party is counting on. They love it when their constituents can't think something through to a logical conclusion.
Now wait a minute, I never said I wanted the US to go into Iraq did I. I just said they had WMD's and passed them to Syria. Those idiots over there for all I care can kill each other off in my opinion. But I don't believe that Iraq had WMD's because of the crap that Bush or Powell said. I believe it because Assad's recent use of them on his own people. I really don't care what they do to each other over there. They have been fighting for 6,000 years or more and that's all they know. But I was for dropping bombs and completely making Afghanistan unlivable, because of UBL and his band of drug producing thugs and for him ordering the attacks on 911. Look at what is over there now another thug running that country and still producing drugs that are killing people by the thousands in Europe. Don't preach to me when you don't like churches to begin with. You assume to much before you know the facts about what someone believes. If it was up to me I would cut off all aid to foreign countries. How can a country aid one country billions of dollars while owing another one trillions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 252,766
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr SMF classless dweeb 88,028
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 7 hr Trump WON Get Ove... 107,456
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) Nov 28 Chris532008 4,833
Election IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Nov 24 and keep going 1,311
Election Who are you voting for in the Texas Governor race? (Oct '14) Nov 22 dino 158
Election Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Nov 22 Positronium 6,483
More from around the web