joe manchin is that man

Roanoke, VA

#11794 Apr 21, 2013
joe is the right man for the job!

“I'm A Whacko From”

Since: Sep 08

Waco, TX

#11795 Apr 21, 2013
Not true at all. There is more oil exploration going on than ever before. The problem is that coal use is declining. It's inefficient, dirty, and difficult to get to. Oil and gas are replacing it in almost every application. If it wasn't such a marginal business to begin with, coal companies would have no problems with the EPA.

Besides, how can coal companies compete with those billions of dollars that oil companies get from the government every year? By the way, Obama tried to do away with those subsidies, but republicans voted to keep them. So coal is being beaten by oil and the government, with the aid of republicans, is subsidizing the oil industry. Perhaps you should ask your REPUBLICAN reps to stop giving oil companies an unfair advantage over coal.

But then again, they've convinced you it is the big bad EPA that is costing coal miners their jobs.

LOL...it's funny when you think about it.
mcbill wrote:
Ouch... You sound like a mean person.. Smart and mean. So you prob should not hang round here with us idiots.
Your obama has done everything in his power through the epa to decrease the amount of exploration and production here in our country and near our shores. Just like he has done everything within his power to destroy our legal system through his wipping boy eric holder.
Go away Joe!
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#11796 Apr 21, 2013
here is obsama grade score so far in 5 years. ECONOMY = D-, JOBS = F , INFLATION = FF , ILLEGALS = F , GUN CONTROL A PLUS < hahaha, GOLF GAMES (with tiger on the gov. dole)= C
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#11797 Apr 21, 2013
protecting the american public = F
mcbill

Roanoke, VA

#11798 Apr 21, 2013
Yep... So he better live it up and get just as liberal as the rest of "the people he works with". You will see. Of course, if our economy crashes and the gimmes riot to the point where marshal law is declared and our constitutional rights are put on hold and the sky is falling and bacon rules the day... We all have nothing to worry about.
Joes gotta go.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Waco, TX

#11799 Apr 21, 2013
It crashed back in 2008--before Obama took office.

Republicans have had control of the house since 2010. What have they done to make the situation better? What have they offered up to help the economic situation?

Boehner campaigned on the promise of more jobs. What has he done to fulfill that promise? All the republicans have done is say NO to everything. They've not offered up a single thing to improve the situation.

Only idiots would vote republican.
mcbill wrote:
Yep... So he better live it up and get just as liberal as the rest of "the people he works with". You will see. Of course, if our economy crashes and the gimmes riot to the point where marshal law is declared and our constitutional rights are put on hold and the sky is falling and bacon rules the day... We all have nothing to worry about.
Joes gotta go.
Arthur

United States

#11800 Apr 21, 2013
http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201304210097

Manchin told the Gazette on Sunday, "I am not going to resign from the NRA. I am going to try to change it from within. I think there are more NRA members like me."

But NRA's current leadership, Manchin said, are trying "to portray the legislation as something it is not.

"They are saying you don't have the right to sell guns to your family members and friends [without background checks]. That is a boldfaced lie. They are not honest or honorable with the propaganda they are putting out.

"If you don't like it, that is fine. But don't make something up," Manchin said.

The Manchin-Toomey bill would have required background checks on weapons sold by dealers at gun shows -- who are not registered as gun dealers themselves -- and a growing number of web-based dealers. Today, those gun dealers are not required to conduct any background checks.

In a letter to NRA President David Keene, Busch wrote that he fails "to see how the NRA can disregard the overwhelming will of its members who see background checks as reasonable."

Busch also wrote, "One only has to look at the makeup of the [NRA's] 75-member board of directors, dominated by manufacturing interests, to confirm my point.

"The NRA appears to have evolved into the lobby for gun and ammunition manufacturers rather than gun owners."

Manchin urges law-abiding gun owners and everyone else to read his 49-page piece of legislation, which is available on www.manchin.senate.gov .

"Tell me if you don't believe this legislation protects and strengthens your rights as a gun owner by preventing someone who has been a criminal or has a mental problem from buying a gun without a background check.

"And this makes no infringements whatsoever on private transactions. If you want to post a gun for sale on your bulletin board at work or church, do it."

On Sunday, Manchin said he believes today's NRA leadership has "come to the point where they have this paranoia that the government is going to come and take your guns."

The Manchin-Toomey legislation, Manchin stressed, is "a compromise bill. It is not Obama's bill. I am sure they don't like the bill. It is a compromise. We don't go to the far left or to the far right."

The proposed legislation also "cleans up a lot of things about the way veterans are treated. If they had some problems when they came back [from service in wars], this bill gives them a chance to get well. This bill is still alive."
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#11801 Apr 21, 2013
manchin is playing up to the libbys. and fools fall for it. "im going to change the NRA from within". his azz is done and he peddling damage control.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Waco, TX

#11802 Apr 21, 2013
Actually, he is "playing up" to the 90% of the American public that supports background checks instead of the 10% nuts who hide behind their couches clutching their guns afraid someone is coming to "git" them.
fitness-guru wrote:
manchin is playing up to the libbys. and fools fall for it. "im going to change the NRA from within". his azz is done and he peddling damage control.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#11803 Apr 21, 2013
dear mr joe manchin. you along with obsama are need to focus on the state of affairs in the great state of west virginia. economy, jobs, inflation, illegals etc. that is plaging us. not gun control. my god mr manchin, im not a liberal and you cannot fool me. now get to work. or as donald trump says ... YOUR FIRED.
GOP Brain

Princeton, WV

#11804 Apr 21, 2013
I have malfunction, I need input.
mcbill

Roanoke, VA

#11805 Apr 21, 2013
Boehner... Darnit... I thought it was all bush to blame. Now i do feel like and idiot. And how bout this... How bout we all have a backround check and place our gun owning approval or lack thereof right there in the bar code of the new national id we soon must have. Matter of fact, we can put our voter registration, welfare credits and doobies, and any other pert info all on the same card. Oh heck, forget the card, lets just put it all on a microchip someplace handy. Crazy huh? Idiot? Both? Back to grafton education... 20% make the grade. Dang near the highest drop out rate in the state. You democrats own it. Blame it on poor people... I suppose you can because we are the fourth poorest state in the nation. Either way, be proud cause you own it.
Go Joe!
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#11806 Apr 21, 2013
dont you libbys see what the democrats are doing to your poor brainwashed minds ? your man is in the white house. he has you on some wild goose chase. its the economy stupid. < obsama = F for failure. A for diversion tactics.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Waco, TX

#11807 Apr 21, 2013
GOP Brain wrote:
I have malfunction, I need input.
Don't worry. Just sit tight. Hannity, or Beck, or Limbaugh will be along soon and tell you how to think. It will be okay. They will save you from those mean old "libruls" and all of their silly assed facts.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#11808 Apr 21, 2013
that son-of-a biatche has done nothing for 5 straight years. and the last 6 months it been nothing but gun control. its about the state of the union you crummy man. start with getting america back to work. my god you liberals are blind sheep jumping off the cliff.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#11809 Apr 21, 2013
the man is a liar. i dont care for him.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Waco, TX

#11810 Apr 21, 2013
Well, it's not like he hasn't tried to get America back to work. Problem is, you half-witted republicans keep blocking every effort. Well, not you, but those idiots you elect. Problem is, you're just dumb enough to believe it.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/11510/senat...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-19/sena...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57517160/...

Now as long as YOUR party continues to block any jobs bills, don't tell us that the president has done nothing about the jobs problems that was created by Bush.
fitness-guru wrote:
that son-of-a biatche has done nothing for 5 straight years. and the last 6 months it been nothing but gun control. its about the state of the union you crummy man. start with getting america back to work. my god you liberals are blind sheep jumping off the cliff.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Waco, TX

#11811 Apr 21, 2013
And by "liar," you mean black...right?
fitness-guru wrote:
the man is a liar. i dont care for him.
mcbill

Roanoke, VA

#11812 Apr 21, 2013
Black... Who's black? Is somebody black? Here we go... Redirect!
mcbill

Roanoke, VA

#11813 Apr 21, 2013
Leave it to a democrat to bring up race.
Go Joe!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min miss tuffet 150,564
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Uncle Tab 154,082
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 12 min Sargent Sid 97,068
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 13 min Victoria 59,775
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 19 min Synergy 55,691
Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) 38 min JAH 170
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 474
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••