Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10946 Jan 27, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
Top arguments with rebuttals

12. "The assault weapons ban didn't work!"
Nonsense. The rate of mass shooting during the ban was MUCH lower than before or after.
Http://everythingpossiblehappens.blogspot.com...
Show me some evidence mass shootings were MUCH lower during the ban? Fact is you cant because it is a lie. I posted the DOJ and a Penn study as sources, you post some wackos "blog". LOL Most of the other crap you posted is complete BS also. Can always tell when someone doesnt have a leg to stand on, they resort to lies and posting links to radical "blogs" and call it the truth.
hope

Huntington, WV

#10947 Jan 27, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
Top arguments with rebuttals
2. "Obama (Congress, etc.) has armed guards!"
You are not the president of the United States. You're just a gun nut with delusions of adequacy. How bleeping stupid must one be before one is unable to understand that the most powerful office in the world merits extra protection, especially as more than a few presidents have been SHOT? Is fork in the face stupid sufficient or must one be super dense, black hole, singularity-type stupid?
3. "In Australia (or England, Sweden, insert your favorite country to hate here) crime went UP after guns were banned!"
This one is double dumb. First off, it's simply not true, which is why not one of these nuts can provide any kind of citation to any such thing. Second, none of the favorite gun nut target countries banned guns.
4. "Chicago!(or NYC, LA, Detroit, etc.)
Gun nuts are too ignorant to know bringing up Chicago disproves their own argument. The fact is Chicago banned hand guns in 1982. Beginning in 1983 and continuing for 28 years, the murder rate trended consistently down, falling every year except 2.
In 2010 the Supreme Court overturned Chicago's ban. Once again cheap hand guns were easy to come by. Guess what happened? The murder rate skyrocketed.
As to comparing large states with large urban areas to empty rural states, what, are you gun nuts really THAT bleeping stupid?
5. "Mexico has strict gun laws and it's still flooded with drug gangs using illegal guns!"
Good point! Yes, Mexico is suffering terrible problems at the hand of drug cartels. Drug cartels that supply the American market using guns they bought legally in Texas, then smuggled into Mexico. IOW, our taste for drugs and our gun culture are in large part responsible for Mexico's troubles.
6. "Cars kill more people than guns!"
They do, which is why we require drivers to be licensed, which requires passing proficiency tests every few years. We require all vehicles to be registered with the state and pass inspections at regular intervals. We require liability insurance. We tax all vehicle sales, retail and private. By all means, yes, let's treat guns just like we treat cars.
7. "Hitler disarmed the Jews. If the Jews had guns, there would have been no holocaust!"
Yes, Hitler disarmed German Jews in 1938, long after the Nazis had consolidated total power and long after they had subjugated German Jews, taking not just their guns, but their citizenship, businesses, livelihoods homes, possessions...
Not to mention, Jews in Warsaw, Paris, Prague, etc., were not banned from owning guns until after Hitler had conquered their nations. Six million died. Fat lot of good their guns did them against the Nazi war machine.
8. "Criminals don't obey the law, so gun laws won't work!"
Following this toy train of logic to its inevitable flaming wreck, because some people will break the law, we shouldn't have any laws at all.
9. "You can't stop every tragedy!"
No, you can't, but it's stupid to argue that since we can't stop all tragedies we shouldn't try to stop any. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
10. "Banning weapons won't work!"
Learn to read. Nobody has suggested any such thing. Stop listening to those voices in your head.
11. "Israel and Switzerland have lots of guns and low crime rates!"
Both Israel and Switzerland have extremely strict gun laws, duh. Thanks ever so much for proving my point that gun control, does, indeed, reduce violent crime.
12. "The assault weapons ban didn't work!"
Nonsense. The rate of mass shooting during the ban was MUCH lower than before or after.
Http://everythingpossiblehappens.blogspot.com...
can we discuss child slavery/starvation now? this gun business is getting boring.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10948 Jan 27, 2013
MindlessFoxBot wrote:
A 2004 critical review of research on firearms by a National Research Council panel also noted that academic studies of the assault weapon ban "did not reveal any clear impacts on gun violence" and noted "due to the fact that the relative rarity with which the banned guns were used in crime before the ban ... the maximum potential effect of the ban on gun violence outcomes would be very small...."
In 2004, a research report submitted to the United States Department of Justice and the National Institute of Justice found that should the ban be renewed, its effects on gun violence would likely be small, and perhaps too small for reliable measurement, because rifles in general, including rifles referred to as "assault rifles" or "assault weapons", are rarely used in gun crimes. That study by Christopher S. Koper, Daniel J. Woods, and Jeffrey A. Roth of the Jerry Lee Center of Criminology, University of Pennsylvania found no statistically significant evidence that either the assault weapons ban or the ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds had reduced gun murders.
See, actual sources with evidence, not some weirdos blog. LOL
hope

Huntington, WV

#10949 Jan 27, 2013
Anonymous has declared online war against the government.

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2013/01/27/transcrip...

this link has the released statement as well as the transcript.
Questioning

Mount Hope, WV

#10950 Jan 27, 2013
I saw something on Topix recently that reminded me of these guys. All these 'studies'. For decades I kept trying to find out - who is really funding things like - Heritage, Cato, Hometown, Reason etc etc. I couldn't find much about their funding but I always saw them as "sources" when others posted.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10951 Jan 27, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> Guns aren't cars. Cars serve a vital role in daily life. They are dangerous and we have a lot of laws regarding there use. I am so sick of the slippery slope argument. It isn't going to happen. We live in a new era. People 35 and younger think differently than the older population. Also, the Hitler stuff is complete nonsense. I couldn't say it any better than Alex Seitz-Wald from salon.org . http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_... Maybe it's generational. I hope we can get a lot done in the next 12 years. Obama's second term and Biden's two terms as well. Republicans are going the way of the Whigs. I'm Native American as well. So let's not be too mean to one another.
This country is still governed by the authority of the US Constitution, regardless of what you pansy a$$ commies want. What part of shall not be infringed dont you understand? Cars may play a vital role in daily life, but boats, ATV's, swimming pools, and jet skis dont. They are also not Constitutionally protected, but yet we still have them. Banning them all would save thousands of lives, but I dont hear the rally to outlaw them. Could that be because this is America, not China, were we are a free country? We dont need some commie nancy pants telling us what we can eat, read, drive, watch. It already appears the ban will fail. Glad there are still freedom loving Americans who respect the Constitution still left among our politicians. God Bless America!
hope

Huntington, WV

#10952 Jan 27, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
Here's the top gun nut arguments so far, with my rebuttals...
2. "Obama (Congress, etc.) has armed guards!"
You are not the president of the United States. You're just a gun nut with delusions of adequacy. How bleeping stupid must one be before one is unable to understand that the most powerful office in the world merits extra protection, especially as more than a few presidents have been SHOT? Is fork in the face stupid sufficient or must one be super dense, black hole, singularity-type stupid?
3. "In Australia (or England, Sweden, insert your favorite country to hate here) crime went UP after guns were banned!"
This one is double dumb. First off, it's simply not true, which is why not one of these nuts can provide any kind of citation to any such thing. Second, none of the favorite gun nut target countries banned guns.
4. "Chicago!(or NYC, LA, Detroit, etc.)
Gun nuts are too ignorant to know bringing up Chicago disproves their own argument. The fact is Chicago banned hand guns in 1982. Beginning in 1983 and continuing for 28 years, the murder rate trended consistently down, falling every year except 2.
In 2010 the Supreme Court overturned Chicago's ban. Once again cheap hand guns were easy to come by. Guess what happened? The murder rate skyrocketed.
As to comparing large states with large urban areas to empty rural states, what, are you gun nuts really THAT bleeping stupid?
5. "Mexico has strict gun laws and it's still flooded with drug gangs using illegal guns!"
Good point! Yes, Mexico is suffering terrible problems at the hand of drug cartels. Drug cartels that supply the American market using guns they bought legally in Texas, then smuggled into Mexico. IOW, our taste for drugs and our gun culture are in large part responsible for Mexico's troubles.
6. "Cars kill more people than guns!"
They do, which is why we require drivers to be licensed, which requires passing proficiency tests every few years. We require all vehicles to be registered with the state and pass inspections at regular intervals. We require liability insurance. We tax all vehicle sales, retail and private. By all means, yes, let's treat guns just like we treat cars.
7. "Hitler disarmed the Jews. If the Jews had guns, there would have been no holocaust!"
Yes, Hitler disarmed German Jews in 1938, long after the Nazis had consolidated total power and long after they had subjugated German Jews, taking not just their guns, but their citizenship, businesses, livelihoods homes, possessions...
Not to mention, Jews in Warsaw, Paris, Prague, etc., were not banned from owning guns until after Hitler had conquered their nations. Six million died. Fat lot of good their guns did them against the Nazi war machine.
8. "Criminals don't obey the law, so gun laws won't work!"
Following this toy train of logic to its inevitable flaming wreck, because some people will break the law, we shouldn't have any laws at all.
9. "You can't stop every tragedy!"
No, you can't, but it's stupid to argue that since we can't stop all tragedies we shouldn't try to stop any. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
10. "Banning weapons won't work!"
Learn to read. Nobody has suggested any such thing. Stop listening to those voices in your head.
11. "Israel and Switzerland have lots of guns and low crime rates!"
Both Israel and Switzerland have extremely strict gun laws, duh. Thanks ever so much for proving my point that gun control, does, indeed, reduce violent crime.
12. "The assault weapons ban didn't work!"
Nonsense. The rate of mass shooting during the ban was MUCH lower than before or after.-- http://everythingpossiblehappens.blogspot.com...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2012/...

let's talk about this^^ instead of guns. it's more intertwined into your life, how much of your stuff do you think has been made by their little enslaved hands?
Questioning

Mount Hope, WV

#10953 Jan 27, 2013
hope wrote:
Anonymous has declared online war against the government.
http://mensnewsdaily.com/2013/01/27/transcrip...
this link has the released statement as well as the transcript.
I don't have time to look things over tonight but perhaps this is related to that guys (Arron Swartz - spelling) suicide. I know they were upset at that. It really gets me that I haven't seen much discussion about how those copyrighted articles often come from governmental funded studies. It does seem to me in those cases it should be public domain.

Same thing gets me on drug companies - much of their research comes from NHI (government that spends tons more than them), but the drug companies take that research for free and charge us an arm and a leg.
Questioning

Mount Hope, WV

#10954 Jan 27, 2013
NHI should be NIH of course.

But get the government off my healthcare (LOL).
bubba

Oak Hill, WV

#10955 Jan 27, 2013
MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>This country is still governed by the authority of the US Constitution, regardless of what you pansy a$$ commies want. What part of shall not be infringed dont you understand? Cars may play a vital role in daily life, but boats, ATV's, swimming pools, and jet skis dont. They are also not Constitutionally protected, but yet we still have them. Banning them all would save thousands of lives, but I dont hear the rally to outlaw them. Could that be because this is America, not China, were we are a free country? We dont need some commie nancy pants telling us what we can eat, read, drive, watch. It already appears the ban will fail. Glad there are still freedom loving Americans who respect the Constitution still left among our politicians. God Bless America!
Haven't you heard sweetie,the Constitution is a really old book so we are throwing it out. kiss
hope

Huntington, WV

#10956 Jan 27, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
Top arguments with rebuttals
2. "Obama (Congress, etc.) has armed guards!"
You are not the president of the United States. You're just a gun nut with delusions of adequacy. How bleeping stupid must one be before one is unable to understand that the most powerful office in the world merits extra protection, especially as more than a few presidents have been SHOT? Is fork in the face stupid sufficient or must one be super dense, black hole, singularity-type stupid?
3. "In Australia (or England, Sweden, insert your favorite country to hate here) crime went UP after guns were banned!"
This one is double dumb. First off, it's simply not true, which is why not one of these nuts can provide any kind of citation to any such thing. Second, none of the favorite gun nut target countries banned guns.
4. "Chicago!(or NYC, LA, Detroit, etc.)
Gun nuts are too ignorant to know bringing up Chicago disproves their own argument. The fact is Chicago banned hand guns in 1982. Beginning in 1983 and continuing for 28 years, the murder rate trended consistently down, falling every year except 2.
In 2010 the Supreme Court overturned Chicago's ban. Once again cheap hand guns were easy to come by. Guess what happened? The murder rate skyrocketed.
As to comparing large states with large urban areas to empty rural states, what, are you gun nuts really THAT bleeping stupid?
5. "Mexico has strict gun laws and it's still flooded with drug gangs using illegal guns!"
Good point! Yes, Mexico is suffering terrible problems at the hand of drug cartels. Drug cartels that supply the American market using guns they bought legally in Texas, then smuggled into Mexico. IOW, our taste for drugs and our gun culture are in large part responsible for Mexico's troubles.
6. "Cars kill more people than guns!"
They do, which is why we require drivers to be licensed, which requires passing proficiency tests every few years. We require all vehicles to be registered with the state and pass inspections at regular intervals. We require liability insurance. We tax all vehicle sales, retail and private. By all means, yes, let's treat guns just like we treat cars.
7. "Hitler disarmed the Jews. If the Jews had guns, there would have been no holocaust!"
Yes, Hitler disarmed German Jews in 1938, long after the Nazis had consolidated total power and long after they had subjugated German Jews, taking not just their guns, but their citizenship, businesses, livelihoods homes, possessions...
Not to mention, Jews in Warsaw, Paris, Prague, etc., were not banned from owning guns until after Hitler had conquered their nations. Six million died. Fat lot of good their guns did them against the Nazi war machine.
8. "Criminals don't obey the law, so gun laws won't work!"
Following this toy train of logic to its inevitable flaming wreck, because some people will break the law, we shouldn't have any laws at all.
9. "You can't stop every tragedy!"
No, you can't, but it's stupid to argue that since we can't stop all tragedies we shouldn't try to stop any. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
10. "Banning weapons won't work!"
Learn to read. Nobody has suggested any such thing. Stop listening to those voices in your head.
11. "Israel and Switzerland have lots of guns and low crime rates!"
Both Israel and Switzerland have extremely strict gun laws, duh. Thanks ever so much for proving my point that gun control, does, indeed, reduce violent crime.
12. "The assault weapons ban didn't work!"
Nonsense. The rate of mass shooting during the ban was MUCH lower than before or after.
Http://everythingpossiblehappens.blogspot.com...
http://www.turnbacktogod.com/child-labour/

^this is a good conversation/debate starter
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

#10957 Jan 27, 2013
MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>See, actual sources with evidence, not some weirdos blog. LOL
Prove what I said to be inaccurate then. Just saying it doesn't make it untrue. Seems I hit a nerve.
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

#10958 Jan 27, 2013
hope wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2012/...
let's talk about this^^ instead of guns. it's more intertwined into your life, how much of your stuff do you think has been made by their little enslaved hands?
That is very true. This gun debate is over anyway. How do you propose we help these children? Do you have the name of an organization that helps?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10959 Jan 27, 2013
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you heard sweetie,the Constitution is a really old book so we are throwing it out. kiss
LOL Well actually if some people had their way not so funny. They have no understanding and respect for It's importance and would gladly discard it on a whim of the "times".

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10960 Jan 27, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>Prove what I said to be inaccurate then. Just saying it doesn't make it untrue. Seems I hit a nerve.
And their comes the next trick people with nothing to stand on resort to... the old "Prove the lie I told was a lie". LMAO
hope

Huntington, WV

#10961 Jan 27, 2013
Questioning wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have time to look things over tonight but perhaps this is related to that guys (Arron Swartz - spelling) suicide. I know they were upset at that. It really gets me that I haven't seen much discussion about how those copyrighted articles often come from governmental funded studies. It does seem to me in those cases it should be public domain.
Same thing gets me on drug companies - much of their research comes from NHI (government that spends tons more than them), but the drug companies take that research for free and charge us an arm and a leg.
yeah, his death is what sparked their action, they're threatening to release confidential government documents and emails, unless federal prosecution policy is changed.

there are a lot more hacktivists being charged the same as he was. this is being called operation last resort.

but check it out for sure. things could get nutty.
thanks for the link to the koch brothers doc.
hope

Huntington, WV

#10962 Jan 27, 2013
Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> That is very true. This gun debate is over anyway. How do you propose we help these children? Do you have the name of an organization that helps?
okay, the way i think we can help is to admit that we use products everyday that is a result of slave labor. We are responsible. and we can't rely on an organization the end the problem, we as collective consumers must demand change.

corporations in the USA use factories in developing countries for slave labor because it generates more profit. we are buying their products, thereby contributing to the problem. what can we do? >stop consuming from those corporations!!<<

which is almost everything we buy. unavoidable right? yeah, so the best we can do is when we put our clothes on in the morning, remember where it came from. start discussing this issue with other people, bring it to light, make them conscious to the fact that they are wearing the fingerprints of Indian children (one example of many)

what is the ultimate solution? i don't know...except to either bring down the corporations or force them to change their ways by stifling their profit, but this will only be done when everyone is awake.

do you have any ideas?

Since: Jan 13

Williamson, WV

#10963 Jan 27, 2013
ignorance wrote:
<quoted text> There is no bill to ban handguns that is a lie. All of your other facts, first of all, should have sources cited. Did you know that half of all mass murders in this country have been committed after the assault weapons ban? http://www.businessinsider.com/12-deadliest-m... You also were talking about why we have a second amendment. The reason was to protect white land owners from a slave uprising. It wasn't that the founding fathers thought one day you wouldn't like the president and you should be able to shoot him. It wasn't for you crazy fools to overthrow the new democracy they had just created. You are arguing about owning assault weapons and high capacity clips. You don't need those things for self defense.

Your forum name speaks for itself. If you can't use a search engine, pull up an article on any major news site, or go directly to her or congress's web page and read it you are sorry as they come. It's all over every site, I don't need to cite anything because you're too lazy or ignorant to look. If you had read it, which you did not clearly, it absolutely DOES seek for handguns and shotguns to banned as well. The reason we have a 2nd Amendment is for our self protection and protection from a TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT. Like what's happening right now, one who aids the enemy, strips rights from citizens, does not abide by the Constitution and has an illegitimate "President" playing dictator. Something else you clearly have not read or more likely don't understand. It's in plain english, says not one word in it about slaves or hunting. Also, they are MAGAZINES not "clips". Easy to tell you don't own a gun or know how they operate. You don't tell me what I need or what I don't need, that's covered in the Constitution as well but we all know you don't have a clue what that really means. It's like me saying you don't need a car because you can walk wherever you need to go. I "need" the best I can afford and as much as I can afford, that's also covered in there. An AR is the best you can get right now legally so I got a few, legally. Just because you can't handle or are afraid of them irrationally does not necessitate MY need. It's the best tool for the job, sorry you can't afford one or are a big pussy I guess. I was in the Army and it's nothing compared to what I had in there. Did you know Adam Lanza shot those kids with handguns? Yeah, NBC covered it and the video is online but I'm betting you're a Piers Morgan viewer (retarded) and never bothered to look anywhere but there or any other news site pushing the Obama propaganda. I have several AR 15's and they are no different than Remington 270 or similar hunting rifle in function, they only "look" different and have a larger magazine. Both fire the same bullet the exact same way and both kill things. No one is taking them nor will I register them under an illegal un-constitutional right infringing "executive order". Those are in violation of the Constitution as well, FYI. Do yourself a favor and check out some alternative news sites (ones not pushing the lefts biased propaganda and outright lies), read the Constitution and Bill of Rights and find out what it means and not what some racist actor (Danny Glover) "thinks" it means. All this stuff about cover-ups, us sending money to Al Qaeda, Benghazi cover-up, Fast and Furious gun running cover up, you think you wouldn't be so brainwashed but you are. ALL of that has been covered by the media and the truth found out. Why you are so quick to trust a government that no longer goes by it's own rules (Constitution) run by a President who lies consistently and violated his own NDAA act(aiding the enemy)along with his oath of office? It's pure insanity and socialism you are backing. Hint: we are a democratic republic, NOT a democracy or communists. Big difference and you are basically a traitor to your country.
hope

Huntington, WV

#10964 Jan 27, 2013
MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>This country is still governed by the authority of the US Constitution, regardless of what you pansy a$$ commies want. What part of shall not be infringed dont you understand? Cars may play a vital role in daily life, but boats, ATV's, swimming pools, and jet skis dont. They are also not Constitutionally protected, but yet we still have them. Banning them all would save thousands of lives, but I dont hear the rally to outlaw them. Could that be because this is America, not China, were we are a free country? We dont need some commie nancy pants telling us what we can eat, read, drive, watch. It already appears the ban will fail. Glad there are still freedom loving Americans who respect the Constitution still left among our politicians. God Bless America!
our government is sooo not governed by the authority of the US constitution. the patriot act, NDAA and sopa...ect, are all unconstitutional. the all mighty $$$ governs this country.
Ignorance

Fairmont, WV

#10965 Jan 27, 2013
MindlessFoxBot wrote:
<quoted text>And their comes the next trick people with nothing to stand on resort to... the old "Prove the lie I told was a lie". LMAO
Of the 11 deadliest shootings in the US, five have happened from 2007 onward.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/...

Now move on to child slaves. We might agree on that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 44 min now 189,706
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 53 min Ms Sassy 17,525
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr Aggie23 69,579
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr Big bad john 19,871
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in New Mexico'... (Oct '14) 16 hr Moe 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 17 hr REPUBLICANS LIE 102,148
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 18 hr 2010 farts 934
More from around the web