Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#38356 Jan 22, 2014
Space-Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah Palin is about as dumb as Hasselbeck, but Palin is possibly the biggest slut as she supposedly had quite a past before she married Todd.
Sarah Palin all the way.
I think it's Hasselbeck all the way. Let's not pretend she didn't screw every Seahawk until she landed on Matt.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38357 Jan 22, 2014
Space-Cowboy wrote:
Excellent graphs. I've been hoping someone would inform George of the difference between a short-term finding vs. a long-term trend. You can't cherry pick short-term data and ignore a very long-term trend.
I've been doing it for a month. They have no effect. Just watch.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38358 Jan 22, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
this just in. the mayor of toronto has a better approval rating than obsama. and that guy is a crackhead !
He's hilarious. I'd give him an A+.I want to party with that guy, but he makes me miss Chris Farley. The tape of him imitating the drunk driving crash is classic.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38359 Jan 22, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
Somebody tell George this is here when he comes back.
Quote from George: "OK for starters "Why16 years ago"? Because that is when the global temperature stopped rising in contradiction to their theories that said it would continue to increase. There was no cherry picking. It is a fact and not manipulated by anyone. 16 years ago the global temp was warmer than it has been since."
"For now lets try and keep this rather limited in scope if you dont mind because I have several things I would like to discuss. One is what we are discussing now, that global temps stopped rising 16 years ago despite their predictions that they would continue to rise. That is my first point. I should point out 16 years ago I also believed that they were likely right. Now with update facts I there is no way I can support spending billions of dollars on these theories. "
I spent an hour and a half on a long post that I thought would make things clearer, and it got lost somehow in posting. Now pay attention.
LOOK at the first chart here:
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/10/15/1...
Look at the long red line go up. This is how the Realist views the data points.
Look at the short blue lines go down. This is how the Denier views the same data points.
Even though you can find points in the short-term data where the trend is down, the overall longer term trend is up. The most recent short term leveling or decline is still higher than the earlier short term declines. The man who picked the period that the deniers have seized on as proof of their position picked it because it was the most favorable period for his viewpoint.!6 years is not a standard sample like 10 or 250 or 1000 years unless you happen to have a 16 year cycle, or that's all the data you have. In the case of this subject, we have a few million years of data. No matter how the high diver flips around, in the end he still gets wet. You can say, "Look his head's coming up on that backflip! He's still dry! Now he's spinning!" But in the end he goes down and gets wet. Short term trends are not long term results. Weather is not climate. Spin is not science.
If this isn't making it any clearer for you, ask for my beer fridge analogy.
Here's my other favorite toggling chart:
Go the Arbor Day Foundation website and find the hardiness zone map in the Media section. http://www.arborday.org/media/zones.cfm Go to "See an animation" and click on that. They also have a section on Climate Change http://www.arborday.org/globalwarming/
The USDA is
supposed to issue an updated map every ten years, but hadn't since 1990 (I suppose due to
opposition from the Bush administration), so in 2006 the Arbor day Foundation did their
own update. You can toggle between the 1990 and 2006 maps and see the warmth creeping
north. These maps depict the thirty-year average winter lows in an area. The bands are defined by a
range of ten degrees Fahrenheit. These maps are used to help determine what plants will
survive the winter in a given area. A map of summer average highs would look somewhat
different, but in most areas the zones of such a map would also be creeping north. At
some point a given plant will also find it too hot to grow.
Wait till he hits ya with the NASA video about solar flares being repelled by CO2 as evidence that CO2 cools the planet.
George

Wilsie, WV

#38360 Jan 22, 2014
I spent an hour and a half on a long post that I thought would make things clearer, and it got lost somehow in posting. Now pay attention.
Look at the long red line go up. This is how the Realist views the data points.
Look at the short blue lines go down. This is how the Denier views the same data points.
Even though you can find points in the short-term data where the trend is down, the overall longer term trend is up. The most recent short term leveling or decline is still higher than the earlier short term declines. The man who picked the period that the deniers have seized on as proof of their position picked it because it was the most favorable period for his viewpoint.!6 years is not a standard sample like 10 or 250 or 1000 years unless you happen to have a 16 year cycle, or that's all the data you have. In the case of this subject, we have a few million years of data. No matter how the high diver flips around, in the end he still gets wet. You can say, "Look his head's coming up on that backflip! He's still dry! Now he's spinning!" But in the end he goes down and gets wet. Short term trends are not long term results. Weather is not climate. Spin is not science.
If this isn't making it any clearer for you, ask for my beer fridge analogy.
Here's my other favorite toggling chart:
Go the Arbor Day Foundation website and find the hardiness zone map in the Media section. http://www.arborday.org/media/zones.cfm Go to "See an animation" and click on that. They also have a section on Climate Change http://www.arborday.org/globalwarming/
The USDA is
supposed to issue an updated map every ten years, but hadn't since 1990 (I suppose due to
opposition from the Bush administration), so in 2006 the Arbor day Foundation did their
own update. You can toggle between the 1990 and 2006 maps and see the warmth creeping
north. These maps depict the thirty-year average winter lows in an area. The bands are defined by a
range of ten degrees Fahrenheit. These maps are used to help determine what plants will
survive the winter in a given area. A map of summer average highs would look somewhat
different, but in most areas the zones of such a map would also be creeping north. At
some point a given plant will also find it too hot to grow.
Once again. You seem to be stuck on 16 years, but that isnt the important issue. 16 years is only cited because that is when the trend stopped that put their theories, predictions, computer models into question. Your own Politifact article you linked to earlier agreed it was truth that the rising trend stopped 16 years ago. So that isnt in dispute. Once again, your won article did not dispute the 16 year claim. And once again, yes we know the trend has been on the uptick, BUT, according to the people you now quote as knowing what they are talking about enough to be worth spending TRILLIONS of dollars on this shouldnt be happening. The temps should still be rising and wreaking havoc.Neither is happening. Yes because of a slight increase in temperatures and the grow zone moved north, but 16 years ago those zones stopped changing when the temp stopped rising. Now lets can we set that part aside and move on, Can we agree that yes the trend in global temperatures has been rising, but plateaued 16 years ago and move on?
George

Wilsie, WV

#38361 Jan 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait till he hits ya with the NASA video about solar flares being repelled by CO2 as evidence that CO2 cools the planet.
Naw, not a narcissist at all. LMAO
George

Charleston, WV

#38362 Jan 22, 2014
I think the question of Bacoliars narcissism and mental illness has been put to rest.... TEXTBOOK Narcissist. He is literally physically/mentally unable to control himself. The evidence speaks for itself.
leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#38363 Jan 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You tried to give Sarah Palin the launch codes. None of you get to call anyone an idiot.
Joe Biden has them and he does not even know he is vice president and he never knows where he is at. Sara Palin holds no office but you idiots voted for some real winners let me tell ya
leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#38364 Jan 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
He's hilarious. I'd give him an A+.I want to party with that guy, but he makes me miss Chris Farley. The tape of him imitating the drunk driving crash is classic.
I admit the guy cracks me up LOL

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38365 Jan 22, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>Once again. You seem to be stuck on 16 years, but that isnt the important issue. 16 years is only cited because that is when the trend stopped that put their theories, predictions, computer models into question. Your own Politifact article you linked to earlier agreed it was truth that the rising trend stopped 16 years ago. So that isnt in dispute. Once again, your won article did not dispute the 16 year claim. And once again, yes we know the trend has been on the uptick, BUT, according to the people you now quote as knowing what they are talking about enough to be worth spending TRILLIONS of dollars on this shouldnt be happening. The temps should still be rising and wreaking havoc.Neither is happening. Yes because of a slight increase in temperatures and the grow zone moved north, but 16 years ago those zones stopped changing when the temp stopped rising. Now lets can we set that part aside and move on, Can we agree that yes the trend in global temperatures has been rising, but plateaued 16 years ago and move on?
No, the trend has not stopped. No, the Earth has not stopped warming. No, no one will agree that the trend reached a plateau 16 years ago. You are predicting a divergence in the CO2-temperature correlation to which you have no evidence to support. If all you are willing to look at are 16-years slivers of temperature data, the Earth's warming has reached several plateaus. To think this one is the final plateau is to disregard ALL of the previous data. That is ignorant.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38366 Jan 22, 2014
leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit the guy cracks me up LOL
He's my favorite politician, bar none. He would win any election for mayor in any city in North America. His Jamaican accent is great too.

George

Charleston, WV

#38367 Jan 22, 2014
Note I am ignoring the fact your link from what is basically a global warming alarmist blog. It is equivalent to a Republican posting a story from Fox. The same as a Mother Jones flow chart. But no biggie, I would like to continue with our discussion, I am just getting started. There are many complexities to this issue that deserve a civilized, intelligent, adult debate.
George

Charleston, WV

#38368 Jan 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the trend has not stopped. No, the Earth has not stopped warming. No, no one will agree that the trend reached a plateau 16 years ago. You are predicting a divergence in the CO2-temperature correlation to which you have no evidence to support. If all you are willing to look at are 16-years slivers of temperature data, the Earth's warming has reached several plateaus. To think this one is the final plateau is to disregard ALL of the previous data. That is ignorant.
Case closed. Too funny. What part of BUTT THE FCUK OUT didnt yu understand. I dont care what lies and BS you post. Are you seriously that mentally ill you cant let me and Damn have a conversation all on our own? My God man you need help.
George

Charleston, WV

#38369 Jan 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the question of Bacoliars narcissism and mental illness has been put to rest.... TEXTBOOK Narcissist. He is literally physically/mentally unable to control himself. The evidence speaks for itself. CASE CLOSED! Wowser what a freak.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38370 Jan 22, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>TEXTBOOK Narcissist.
Says the guy who thinks he decides who can participate on Topix.

George, you don't have to read my posts. The scroll button is on your right.--------->

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38371 Jan 22, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>Note I am ignoring the fact your link from what is basically a global warming alarmist blog. It is equivalent to a Republican posting a story from Fox. The same as a Mother Jones flow chart. But no biggie, I would like to continue with our discussion, I am just getting started. There are many complexities to this issue that deserve a civilized, intelligent, adult debate.
The data is accurate. Who reports it is immaterial.
George

Stollings, WV

#38372 Jan 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, TEXTBOOK narcissist who is physically/mentally unable to control himself. Obamacare has kicked in, you no longer have an excuse for you obvious serious mental illness.
George

Elizabeth, WV

#38373 Jan 22, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude are you seriously that mentally disturbed that you can not allow other people to have a conversation on their own without you interjecting your narcissistic lies and hostility into it? Are you that far gone? Are you so mentally ill that you cant socially interact with other even sorta normally? I asked for a civil discussion. You claimed that you like the hostility and incivility. I am trying to have a one on one conversation with someone else. I have asked you several times to mind your own business and let us talk without you lies and narcissism interrupting. Someone who isnt mentally ill and can socially interact with others in even a halfway normal manner would stop interjecting their opinion where it isnt wanted. Can you not see you need help? Seriously man, you need mental help. You are a delusional narcissist with God only knows how many mental disorders. Please get some help and let me and Damn have a conversation completely without your input. I know that is like asking water not to be wet but I will ask anyway, it helps show others how bad off you really are.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38374 Jan 23, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>Dude are you seriously that mentally disturbed that you can not allow other people to have a conversation on their own without you interjecting your narcissistic lies and hostility into it? Are you that far gone? Are you so mentally ill that you cant socially interact with other even sorta normally? I asked for a civil discussion. You claimed that you like the hostility and incivility. I am trying to have a one on one conversation with someone else. I have asked you several times to mind your own business and let us talk without you lies and narcissism interrupting. Someone who isnt mentally ill and can socially interact with others in even a halfway normal manner would stop interjecting their opinion where it isnt wanted. Can you not see you need help? Seriously man, you need mental help. You are a delusional narcissist with God only knows how many mental disorders. Please get some help and let me and Damn have a conversation completely without your input. I know that is like asking water not to be wet but I will ask anyway, it helps show others how bad off you really are.
George, ADL has called you an idiot and told you to grow up already. Take his advice. You do not get to have one on one conversations on Topix. You do not decide who participates. You can only decide what you read. If you cannot control yourself, move on. If you can, simply stop responding or reading my posts. It really is that simple.

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#38375 Jan 23, 2014
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/was-a-local-fox-re...

Woops.

Warning: Not suitable for work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min TRUMP WINNERS 252,788
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 34 min Norton 107,458
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr jeb stuart 88,030
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) Nov 28 Chris532008 4,833
Election IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Nov 24 and keep going 1,311
Election Who are you voting for in the Texas Governor race? (Oct '14) Nov 22 dino 158
Election Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Nov 22 Positronium 6,483
More from around the web