“Imagine Peace”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#36029 Dec 30, 2013
Jimmy Karen Love wrote:
Oh christ now a damn christian! this site really has gone too shit!
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mahatma Gandhi
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/m...

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#36030 Dec 30, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they never mention all the Democrats that voted to cut the veterans money so we could keep welfare. They know where there votes comes from
Why would it be a choice between welfare and veterans' benefits when we're building $75 million stealth F-22 fighters that have never been used in combat once in two+ wars? What are we saving these things for, the Transformers?

That isn't a choice this country needs to make. We have hundreds of thousands of troops abroad in every nation we've killed people in (almost all of them) and we give Exxon and other giant corporations more welfare than we spend on all safety net programs combined.

You guys talk cuts but you aren't ever willing to discuss the ones that pad the rich. Until you put corporate welfare and military spending on the table, your talk of spending won't ever be taken seriously.
Double standard

Ashburn, VA

#36031 Dec 30, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the link roo and see how these trashy no class people talk about a baby. They should all be fired.
Freedom of speech doesn't apply when a republican is offended. hypocrite!!

#36032 Dec 30, 2013
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Mahatma Gandhi
It's actually amusing how close the atheists of this country are to Christ and how far away the Christians are.

#36033 Dec 30, 2013
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Mahatma Gandhi
Weren't we just talking about capital punishment?

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." --Ghandi

Smart guy.
George

Charleston, WV

#36034 Dec 30, 2013
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- U.S. health official Michelle Snyder, who oversaw the building of the troubled Obamacare website, HealthCare.gov , is retiring from her job as chief operating officer at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).

CMS chief Marilyn Tavenner announced Snyder's departure to senior staff last week in a statement viewed by Reuters on Monday. The statement said Snyder had originally planned to retire at the end of 2012, but stayed on at Tavenner's request to, "help me with the challenges facing CMS in 2013."

==========
Yeah there were some "challenges" alright. I bet she retires to a nice fat bonus for her complete failure with the website. Obama rewards incompetence.
George

Charleston, WV

#36035 Dec 30, 2013
Hahahahahahaha. This is a knee slapper.:)

Sydney (AFP)- Passengers on an icebound Russian research vessel are preparing to ring in the New Year in remote Antarctica after blizzards hampered a helicopter rescue planned when several icebreaking attempts failed.

The MV Akademik Shokalskiy has been stranded 100 nautical miles east of the French base Dumont d'Urville for a week, hemmed in by impenetrable pack ice that three separate breakers have been unable to breach.
Sami

Gilbert, WV

#36036 Dec 30, 2013
Joe Manchin, is fighting for the coal mines, and thus far seems to be looking out for what is best for WV. He is suing the EPA, because they have destroyed our economy by giving the coal companies such a hard time. I will trust him until I see he shouldn't have been trusted.
Our representatives start out great, then some fall into the category of being there to line their own pockets. Time will tell.
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#36037 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you now pretending that the cuts in the budget were the democrats' contribution?
ROFL no pretending why don't you look up the democrats that voted YES two from WV just for starters
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#36038 Dec 30, 2013
Double standard wrote:
<quoted text> Freedom of speech doesn't apply when a republican is offended. hypocrite!!
ROFL ROFL Now that is about the pot calling the kettle I never said it was ok to go around making fun of any baby for any reason. It was wrong and all of those people should apologize I am just glad they have only a few viewers on any given day anyhow

Since: Sep 13

Fairmont, WV

#36039 Dec 30, 2013
Manchin needs to tell West Virginians that there is less than 20 years of coal left in this state (after that, the cost of accessing it will not be covered by the profit).

Considering West Virginia is dead last in college graduates and given the fact that business is attracted to an educated base and infrastructure, he also need to tell West Virginians to start getting a college education and for businesses (including the state and feds) to start hiring those with degrees to keep them in the state.

I know everyone in WV wants to live in this coal and gas fantasy land where those will always be the go-to energy resources, BUT THAT ISN'T REALITY! Other states saw that coming a LONG time ago.

Coal will not be viable in 20 years and the gas boom will either bust naturally or the excessive damages caused by fracking will lead to regulations to stifle it.

Time for reality WV.

#36040 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- U.S. health official Michelle Snyder, who oversaw the building of the troubled Obamacare website, HealthCare.gov , is retiring from her job as chief operating officer at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
CMS chief Marilyn Tavenner announced Snyder's departure to senior staff last week in a statement viewed by Reuters on Monday. The statement said Snyder had originally planned to retire at the end of 2012, but stayed on at Tavenner's request to, "help me with the challenges facing CMS in 2013."
==========
Yeah there were some "challenges" alright. I bet she retires to a nice fat bonus for her complete failure with the website. Obama rewards incompetence.
You curse the darkness. We light the candle.
George

Charleston, WV

#36041 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You curse the darkness. We light the candle.
You drink the kool aid. We demand changes.

#36042 Dec 30, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL no pretending why don't you look up the democrats that voted YES two from WV just for starters
It was a bi-partisan budget deal. Everyone voted yes (except a few fringe tea baggers that were hammered by Boner). What I am saying is that you're pretending that the cuts to veterans benefits was a democratic contribution when you know that's simply ridiculous. If this isn't clear enough for you, let me help.

REPUBLICANS CUT PROGRAMS AIMED AT THE POOR (which includes all of our veterans and military members) AND PROTECT THE RICH.

DEMOCRATS CUT THE MILITARY AND CORPORATE WELFARE.

The latest budget is just more proof of the obvious.
George

Charleston, WV

#36043 Dec 30, 2013
Space-Cowboy wrote:
Manchin needs to tell West Virginians that there is less than 20 years of coal left in this state (after that, the cost of accessing it will not be covered by the profit).
Considering West Virginia is dead last in college graduates and given the fact that business is attracted to an educated base and infrastructure, he also need to tell West Virginians to start getting a college education and for businesses (including the state and feds) to start hiring those with degrees to keep them in the state.
I know everyone in WV wants to live in this coal and gas fantasy land where those will always be the go-to energy resources, BUT THAT ISN'T REALITY! Other states saw that coming a LONG time ago.
Coal will not be viable in 20 years and the gas boom will either bust naturally or the excessive damages caused by fracking will lead to regulations to stifle it.
Time for reality WV.
That is because people like you Obama are trying to regulate coal out of existence based on debunked "theories" and thereby causing great economic harm to those who can afford it the least. What was once the economic driver of the country, our cheap and plentiful electricity, has now become an expensive burden due to ridiculous over regulation. Congratulations.
George

Charleston, WV

#36044 Dec 30, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Repubs and Dems voted for this budget, all agreeing to cut pay for our retired military. The very people who risked their lives defending this country with their own sweat and blood are the ones who get screwed and BOTH parties agree to it. It shows neither care about the ones who actually fight for this country, they only care about their own personal agendas.
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#36045 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a bi-partisan budget deal. Everyone voted yes (except a few fringe tea baggers that were hammered by Boner). What I am saying is that you're pretending that the cuts to veterans benefits was a democratic contribution when you know that's simply ridiculous. If this isn't clear enough for you, let me help.
REPUBLICANS CUT PROGRAMS AIMED AT THE POOR (which includes all of our veterans and military members) AND PROTECT THE RICH.
DEMOCRATS CUT THE MILITARY AND CORPORATE WELFARE.
The latest budget is just more proof of the obvious.
Did the senate not pass this bill? Who has the majority in the Senate ?
Leighla

Fairmont, WV

#36046 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Both Repubs and Dems voted for this budget, all agreeing to cut pay for our retired military. The very people who risked their lives defending this country with their own sweat and blood are the ones who get screwed and BOTH parties agree to it. It shows neither care about the ones who actually fight for this country, they only care about their own personal agendas.
No shitz George gee I didn't know that WOW that is the point I was trying to make

#36047 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>You drink the kool aid. We demand changes.
Changes? We aren't the ones who blocked 22 separate jobs bills. One party has made changes and tries constantly for more. The other maintains failure. You know which is which.

#36048 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Both Repubs and Dems voted for this budget, all agreeing to cut pay for our retired military. The very people who risked their lives defending this country with their own sweat and blood are the ones who get screwed and BOTH parties agree to it. It shows neither care about the ones who actually fight for this country, they only care about their own personal agendas.
Which party do you think fought against cuts for the poor (our military) and which one wouldn't sign it without them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 19 min WTSenior 1,837
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 46 min TN Voter 165,339
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 54 min Criminalize Repub... 99,493
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 hr IND 165,586
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 hr Cbutt 58,693
Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... 10 hr indeed 3
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 10 hr Cyrus5590 61,593
More from around the web