Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
George

Charleston, WV

#36041 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You curse the darkness. We light the candle.
You drink the kool aid. We demand changes.

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#36042 Dec 30, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL no pretending why don't you look up the democrats that voted YES two from WV just for starters
It was a bi-partisan budget deal. Everyone voted yes (except a few fringe tea baggers that were hammered by Boner). What I am saying is that you're pretending that the cuts to veterans benefits was a democratic contribution when you know that's simply ridiculous. If this isn't clear enough for you, let me help.

REPUBLICANS CUT PROGRAMS AIMED AT THE POOR (which includes all of our veterans and military members) AND PROTECT THE RICH.

DEMOCRATS CUT THE MILITARY AND CORPORATE WELFARE.

The latest budget is just more proof of the obvious.
George

Charleston, WV

#36043 Dec 30, 2013
Space-Cowboy wrote:
Manchin needs to tell West Virginians that there is less than 20 years of coal left in this state (after that, the cost of accessing it will not be covered by the profit).
Considering West Virginia is dead last in college graduates and given the fact that business is attracted to an educated base and infrastructure, he also need to tell West Virginians to start getting a college education and for businesses (including the state and feds) to start hiring those with degrees to keep them in the state.
I know everyone in WV wants to live in this coal and gas fantasy land where those will always be the go-to energy resources, BUT THAT ISN'T REALITY! Other states saw that coming a LONG time ago.
Coal will not be viable in 20 years and the gas boom will either bust naturally or the excessive damages caused by fracking will lead to regulations to stifle it.
Time for reality WV.
That is because people like you Obama are trying to regulate coal out of existence based on debunked "theories" and thereby causing great economic harm to those who can afford it the least. What was once the economic driver of the country, our cheap and plentiful electricity, has now become an expensive burden due to ridiculous over regulation. Congratulations.
George

Charleston, WV

#36044 Dec 30, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL no pretending why don't you look up the democrats that voted YES two from WV just for starters
Both Repubs and Dems voted for this budget, all agreeing to cut pay for our retired military. The very people who risked their lives defending this country with their own sweat and blood are the ones who get screwed and BOTH parties agree to it. It shows neither care about the ones who actually fight for this country, they only care about their own personal agendas.
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#36045 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a bi-partisan budget deal. Everyone voted yes (except a few fringe tea baggers that were hammered by Boner). What I am saying is that you're pretending that the cuts to veterans benefits was a democratic contribution when you know that's simply ridiculous. If this isn't clear enough for you, let me help.
REPUBLICANS CUT PROGRAMS AIMED AT THE POOR (which includes all of our veterans and military members) AND PROTECT THE RICH.
DEMOCRATS CUT THE MILITARY AND CORPORATE WELFARE.
The latest budget is just more proof of the obvious.
Did the senate not pass this bill? Who has the majority in the Senate ?
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#36046 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Both Repubs and Dems voted for this budget, all agreeing to cut pay for our retired military. The very people who risked their lives defending this country with their own sweat and blood are the ones who get screwed and BOTH parties agree to it. It shows neither care about the ones who actually fight for this country, they only care about their own personal agendas.
No shitz George gee I didn't know that WOW that is the point I was trying to make

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#36047 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>You drink the kool aid. We demand changes.
Changes? We aren't the ones who blocked 22 separate jobs bills. One party has made changes and tries constantly for more. The other maintains failure. You know which is which.

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#36048 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Both Repubs and Dems voted for this budget, all agreeing to cut pay for our retired military. The very people who risked their lives defending this country with their own sweat and blood are the ones who get screwed and BOTH parties agree to it. It shows neither care about the ones who actually fight for this country, they only care about their own personal agendas.
Which party do you think fought against cuts for the poor (our military) and which one wouldn't sign it without them?

Since: Sep 13

Morgantown, WV

#36049 Dec 30, 2013
Shove your "debunked" bullsh*t up your ignorant a$$ George. Facts are facts and no matter how much you and every other WV yahoo wants to believe that West Virginia can sustain itself forever on a natural resource-based economy -- the facts show we cannot (I also use the word sustain loosely since being the second poorest state in the country hardly warrants the word "sustain.")

Recent independent studies are showing that coal is becoming more and more expensive to access and experts have stated that the technology is keeping pass to make the coal cheaper to access than the profit it will bring in.

I hate the term, but it's godd*mn common sense that when your state OVER-relies on economies that are either on there way out or are boom and bust in nature -- you need to change the freaking paradigm. Pennsylvania saw this coming and did everything from reducing coal production by 80 percent while improving infrastructure and making college education in the sciences more affordable to focusing on luring tech companies to regions with a higher educated base.

I'm not saying we need to end coal production tomorrow -- what I am saying is that West Virginians are NOT good at looking at the facts and preparing for the future based on those facts. Hell, even the governor recently put out an editorial begging West Virginians to get college degrees because it is the major reason cited by businesses for why they can't locate here!

I understand how important natural resources like coal have been to WV in the past, I understand the coal culture -- I get it, but it is NOT going to last as more companies, individuals, and countries convert to other sources for their energy needs. It is WAY past time this state prepare for that. Unfortunately, you all seem to think things NEVER change, but they do!

Unless the people of WV start respecting education and start understanding the importance of a diversified economy, things are going to worse for this state long term.

That's a fact.
George

Charleston, WV

#36050 Dec 30, 2013
Leighla wrote:
<quoted text>
No shitz George gee I didn't know that WOW that is the point I was trying to make
Yes I know but you have to type very slow and spell it out exactly for the Obamazombie short bus riders in here. ;)

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#36051 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>That is because people like you Obama are trying to regulate coal out of existence based on debunked "theories" and thereby causing great economic harm to those who can afford it the least. What was once the economic driver of the country, our cheap and plentiful electricity, has now become an expensive burden due to ridiculous over regulation. Congratulations.
Now coal as a pollutant is just a "theory?" Go check the Shanghai air index and see how your the theory has been debunked. Then again, that shroud might just be from volcanoes.

You're funny George.
George

Charleston, WV

#36052 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Which party do you think fought against cuts for the poor (our military) and which one wouldn't sign it without them?
Senate Republicans were unable to stop military pension cuts when Senate Democrats blocked a vote on an amendment to prevent the cuts by closing a welfare loophole for illegal immigrants Tuesday evening.

The two-year budget deal brokered by Senate Budget Committee Chairwoman Patty Murray and House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, would cut military pensions by $6 billion over ten years, leaving some Senate Republicans scrambling to stop the cuts.

“Removing this unbalanced treatment of our military retirees ought to be one of the key actions we should take before this legislation moves forward. In fact, greater savings than this can be achieved by passing a legislative fix recommended by the Inspector General of the U.S. Treasury that would stop the IRS from improperly providing tax credits to illegal aliens,” Alabama Republican Jeff Sessions said Monday, announcing his co-sponsorship of Mississippi Republican Sen. Roger Wicker’s amendment to restore the military retirement benefits Monday.

Additionally, the Alabama Republican offered his own amendment to restore the cuts by targeting a child tax credit loophole that illegal immigrants have used to unlawfully obtain welfare benefits.

In 2011, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration found that “individuals who are not authorized to work in the United States” and therefore did not have a valid Social Security number were still able to obtain billions in Additional Child Tax Credits by filing returns with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.

Specifically the Internal Revenue Service watchdog found that unauthorized individuals received $4.2 billion refundable credits in Processing Year 2010.

Tuesday evening, Sessions attempted to force Majority Leader Harry Reid allow amendments the budget agreement.

Sessions hoped to attach his amendment to the deal — which would have closed the loophole by requiring a Social Security number to claim the refundable portion of the child tax credit and restore military retirement benefits.

Sessions’ motion failed on a 46 to 54 party-line vote, with North Carolina Sen. Kay Hagan crossing the aisle as the lone Democrat to vote with the Republicans.

“Reid’s majority just voted to keep pension cut for vets instead of cutting welfare payments to illegal aliens,” a Sessions aide emailed.

Meanwhile, Sessions slammed Reid and Democrats for blocking amendments and ideas that would prevent the cuts to military retirement benefits, including those for disabled retirees.
George

Charleston, WV

#36053 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Now coal as a pollutant is just a "theory?" Go check the Shanghai air index and see how your the theory has been debunked. Then again, that shroud might just be from volcanoes.
You're funny George.
Coal and other pollution actually blocks the sun and causes cooling, go back to the 70's junior and see what they were saying then. Educate yourself before making yourself look stupid.

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#36054 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Senate Republicans were unable to stop military pension cuts when Senate Democrats blocked a vote on an amendment to prevent the cuts by closing a welfare loophole for illegal immigrants Tuesday evening.
The two-year budget deal brokered by Senate Budget Committee Chairwoman Patty Murray and House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, would cut military pensions by $6 billion over ten years, leaving some Senate Republicans scrambling to stop the cuts.
“Removing this unbalanced treatment of our military retirees ought to be one of the key actions we should take before this legislation moves forward. In fact, greater savings than this can be achieved by passing a legislative fix recommended by the Inspector General of the U.S. Treasury that would stop the IRS from improperly providing tax credits to illegal aliens,” Alabama Republican Jeff Sessions said Monday, announcing his co-sponsorship of Mississippi Republican Sen. Roger Wicker’s amendment to restore the military retirement benefits Monday.
Additionally, the Alabama Republican offered his own amendment to restore the cuts by targeting a child tax credit loophole that illegal immigrants have used to unlawfully obtain welfare benefits.
In 2011, the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration found that “individuals who are not authorized to work in the United States” and therefore did not have a valid Social Security number were still able to obtain billions in Additional Child Tax Credits by filing returns with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
Specifically the Internal Revenue Service watchdog found that unauthorized individuals received $4.2 billion refundable credits in Processing Year 2010.
Tuesday evening, Sessions attempted to force Majority Leader Harry Reid allow amendments the budget agreement.
Sessions hoped to attach his amendment to the deal — which would have closed the loophole by requiring a Social Security number to claim the refundable portion of the child tax credit and restore military retirement benefits.
Sessions’ motion failed on a 46 to 54 party-line vote, with North Carolina Sen. Kay Hagan crossing the aisle as the lone Democrat to vote with the Republicans.
“Reid’s majority just voted to keep pension cut for vets instead of cutting welfare payments to illegal aliens,” a Sessions aide emailed.
Meanwhile, Sessions slammed Reid and Democrats for blocking amendments and ideas that would prevent the cuts to military retirement benefits, including those for disabled retirees.
Paul Ryan is a republican. And stop cutting and pasting from your tea bagger sites. Nobody reads them, and you're too embarrassed to post a link that says www.teabaggercentral.com

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#36055 Dec 30, 2013
http://host.madison.com/news/local/writers/st...

Letter to Ryan goes viral over veterans' cuts.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#36056 Dec 30, 2013
I just read a MSNBC article. In all of the democratic run states the illegal immigrants, the call them undocumented, are so happy with the democratic party. Here is why.......they get drivers liscenses, college paid for the kids of illegals and the dems fought for better pay for them. So instead of deporting these law breakers, the dems give them money and give them your rights. But if we break the law we get fined or jail. Sound fair to the sheeple.

“Our founders”

NEVER COMPLIED

#36057 Dec 30, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Coal and other pollution actually blocks the sun and causes cooling, go back to the 70's junior and see what they were saying then. Educate yourself before making yourself look stupid.
Only in a nuclear winter scenario.

Are you SERIOUSLY claiming that burning coal and other dead plants and animals isn't bad for the environment?
George

Belleville, WV

#36058 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you SERIOUSLY claiming that burning coal and other dead plants and animals isn't bad for the environment?
No, I am not.
George

Belleville, WV

#36059 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul Ryan is a republican. And stop cutting and pasting from your tea bagger sites. Nobody reads them, and you're too embarrassed to post a link that says www.teabaggercentral.com

George

Belleville, WV

#36060 Dec 30, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying there is no evidence that manmade Co2 is causing a catastrophic rise in global temperatures, and therefore we should not be basing policy on "theories" that have been shown to be WRONG. Their prediction have been WRONG. I am all for economically reasonable and senseable environmental regulations, but I will not be silent while they regulate away our cheap energy that has helped build this country into the great country it is, based on junk scientists predictions who are continually proven WRONG.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in California... (Oct '10) 6 min Jenny 22
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Commodore Jedi 107,660
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Chris Jarvis 8272 280,061
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 7 hr Zeno 793
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 12 hr Stupid Obama Bitches 110,067
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 12 hr Rattlesnake Pete 959
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Ohio's 4th ... (Nov '14) 14 hr old timer 6
More from around the web