'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 228459 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

black love

United States

#160616 Apr 9, 2014
Kentucky is a raceist states? And Republicans are raceist against others whites are hated for good reason ra Paul is a bigoted fool as Alll Republicans are they hate minorities mostly black people They have hard hated from day one trash whites the race I'll never like our most black people and Muslim don't like, your political gain you can keep And your bigoted unjust white house,
Grand Old Tea Party

Fitchburg, MA

#160617 Apr 9, 2014
Say Mitch, take your medicine little petulant 70+ year old child!

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture...
Piss off a dim

Johnson City, TN

#160618 Apr 9, 2014
Tennessee Senate just voted for open carry without a permit.

The state senate voted for a bill allowing Tennesseeans to openly carry any type of gun without a permit. The bill also eliminates other restrictions, for instance, allowing guns to be removed from cars on school property.

A corresponding bill is waiting for a vote in the Tennessee House.

Kansas voted to nullify all gun laws.

KS lawmakers have voted to nullify all of the state's city and county gun restrictions, meaning that it will be legal to openly carry guns anywhere. Gun buyback programs using tax dollars are also banned.

The NRA has hailed the law as a paradigm for every state in the nation.

The bill will become law if Republican Governor Sam Brownback signs it. If he does, Kansas will have no gun laws at all, since in 2013 the state voted to nullify all federal gun laws.

Texas is debating open carry for handguns.

Texas lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow people to carry handguns openly in public. In Texas you're already allowed to openly carry long guns without a permit, but handguns can only be carried concealed, and require a permit.

The group Open Carry Texas believes the law has the momentum to get passed this year. They've been staging weekly protests, openly carrying long guns with them so as to acclimatize people to seeing firearms in public:

WHAHAHA
Piss off a dim

Johnson City, TN

#160620 Apr 9, 2014
If it's spam, incendiary and you disagree, prove it wrong.
Grand Old Tea Party

Fitchburg, MA

#160621 Apr 9, 2014
Piss off a dim wrote:
Tennessee Senate just voted for open carry without a permit.
The state senate voted for a bill allowing Tennesseeans to openly carry any type of gun without a permit. The bill also eliminates other restrictions, for instance, allowing guns to be removed from cars on school property.
A corresponding bill is waiting for a vote in the Tennessee House.
Kansas voted to nullify all gun laws.
KS lawmakers have voted to nullify all of the state's city and county gun restrictions, meaning that it will be legal to openly carry guns anywhere. Gun buyback programs using tax dollars are also banned.
The NRA has hailed the law as a paradigm for every state in the nation.
The bill will become law if Republican Governor Sam Brownback signs it. If he does, Kansas will have no gun laws at all, since in 2013 the state voted to nullify all federal gun laws.
Texas is debating open carry for handguns.
Texas lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow people to carry handguns openly in public. In Texas you're already allowed to openly carry long guns without a permit, but handguns can only be carried concealed, and require a permit.
The group Open Carry Texas believes the law has the momentum to get passed this year. They've been staging weekly protests, openly carrying long guns with them so as to acclimatize people to seeing firearms in public:
WHAHAHA
http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2... ;

Good luck with that. Remember, it's been done before and is the reason there are restrictions.
Piss off a dim

Johnson City, TN

#160622 Apr 9, 2014
Grand Old Tea Party wrote:
<quoted text>
http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2... ;
Good luck with that. Remember, it's been done before and is the reason there are restrictions.
That may be your way in dimoland, other parts of the country has different views. Tell me why where gun rights are restricted the most, crime rates are the highest. Do you honestly think criminals give a damn about restrictions?
Grand Old Tea Party

Fitchburg, MA

#160623 Apr 9, 2014
Piss off a dim wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be your way in dimoland, other parts of the country has different views. Tell me why where gun rights are restricted the most, crime rates are the highest. Do you honestly think criminals give a damn about restrictions?
yeah, except, what you said is backwards idiot.

"This model indicated that for each percentage point increase in gun ownership, the firearm homicide rate increased by 0.9%.

Read More: http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2...

The opposite is true in all studies flaming idiot...

"Fact-check: People with more guns tend to kill more people—with guns. The states with the highest gun ownership rates have a gun murder rate 114% higher than those with the lowest gun ownership rates. Also, gun death rates tend to be higher in states with higher rates of gun ownership. Gun death rates are generally lower in states with restrictions such as assault-weapons bans or safe-storage requirements. Update: A recent study looking at 30 years of homicide data in all 50 states found that for every one percent increase in a state's gun ownership rate, there is a nearly one percent increase in its firearm homicide rate."

"And what about gun control? As of July 29 of last year, Arizona became one of only three states that allows its citizens to carry concealed weapons without a permit. Might tighter gun control laws make a difference? Our analysis suggests that they do.

The map overlays the map of firearm deaths above with gun control restrictions by state. It highlights states which have one of three gun control restrictions in place - assault weapons' bans, trigger locks, or safe storage requirements.

Firearm deaths are significantly lower in states with stricter gun control legislation. Though the sample sizes are small, we find substantial negative correlations between firearm deaths and states that ban assault weapons (-.45), require trigger locks (-.42), and mandate safe storage requirements for guns (-.48).

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2...

Fool yourself, go right ahead but don't try your NRA BS on everyone else who uses their brain to determine facts!

Good luck with that!
Piss off a dim

Johnson City, TN

#160625 Apr 9, 2014
<quoted text>
"This model indicated that for each percentage point increase in gun ownership, the firearm homicide rate increased by 0.9%.
"Fact-check: People with more guns tend to kill more people—with guns. The states with the highest gun ownership rates have a gun murder rate 114% higher than those with the lowest gun ownership rates. Also, gun death rates tend to be higher in states with higher rates of gun ownership. Gun death rates are generally lower in states with restrictions such as assault-weapons bans or safe-storage requirements. Update: A recent study looking at 30 years of homicide data in all 50 states found that for every one percent increase in a state's gun ownership rate, there is a nearly one percent increase in its firearm homicide rate."
"And what about gun control? As of July 29 of last year, Arizona became one of only three states that allows its citizens to carry concealed weapons without a permit. Might tighter gun control laws make a difference? Our analysis suggests that they do.
The map overlays the map of firearm deaths above with gun control restrictions by state. It highlights states which have one of three gun control restrictions in place - assault weapons' bans, trigger locks, or safe storage requirements.
Firearm deaths are significantly lower in states with stricter gun control legislation. Though the sample sizes are small, we find substantial negative correlations between firearm deaths and states that ban assault weapons (-.45), require trigger locks (-.42), and mandate safe storage requirements for guns (-.48).
Fool yourself, go right ahead but don't try your NRA BS on everyone else who uses their brain to determine facts!
Good luck with that!
Since you call me an idiot, I feel free to call you a New England Cock s--ker! Your libtard websites are good for backing up your liberal bullshit, that is all. I own several weapons, includeing but limited too a flamethrower and I have only killed 4 people, they were all dims, so it was no great waste; except lead of course! Hey I'm thinking of a vacation in Massatwosluts this summer!
Okay

Greenville, KY

#160626 Apr 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Good luck with that!
So you're saying that in areas with more guns owners there are more gun related deaths? Wow really? Don't need a study to figure that out. You know I also heard that there are more people with cash buying things with cash than people buying things that have no cash. Do you think that is true? Maybe we need a study. I also heard that even though there are some US citizens living in Australia, most US citizens live in the US. I wonder if that's true. Maybe someone will do a study. I also read a study already done that suggested people on Medicare used Medicare to pay for their medical treatments more than people that don't have Medicare. None of the patients without Medicare used Medicare to pay. I wonder if that's legit?
left coast

Taylorsville, KY

#160627 Apr 9, 2014
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that in areas with more guns owners there are more gun related deaths? Wow really? Don't need a study to figure that out. You know I also heard that there are more people with cash buying things with cash than people buying things that have no cash. Do you think that is true? Maybe we need a study. I also heard that even though there are some US citizens living in Australia, most US citizens live in the US. I wonder if that's true. Maybe someone will do a study. I also read a study already done that suggested people on Medicare used Medicare to pay for their medical treatments more than people that don't have Medicare. None of the patients without Medicare used Medicare to pay. I wonder if that's legit?
Isn't it funny how NRA gun nuts make fun of all studies unless the study agrees with their agenda? Isn't it a bit disingenuous to take a fact quoted from a reliable source and try to make fun of it with silly comparisons that do not relate to the factual argument? You all use quotes, radical web sites and all kinds of "studies" to try and back up your crap. So that won't work. More guns & less regulations absolutely mean more needless deaths. Duh
left coast

Taylorsville, KY

#160628 Apr 9, 2014
And thanks for the info about Tennessee. I already live in KY, hillbilly land - I'm already there. and I would love to be anywhere else, except Tennessee. And most of the South and the Midwest. But thanks for the info. I wasn't planning on a Tenn. vacation and I'll make sure to never go there now. Ugh.
Robo Idoot

Fitchburg, MA

#160629 Apr 9, 2014
Piss off a dim wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you call me an idiot, I feel free to call you a New England Cock s--ker! Your libtard websites are good for backing up your liberal bullshit, that is all. I own several weapons, includeing but limited too a flamethrower and I have only killed 4 people, they were all dims, so it was no great waste; except lead of course! Hey I'm thinking of a vacation in Massatwosluts this summer!
Or, how to piss off an idiot!!

You won't come anywhere near here, you're too stupid and people who come here are interested in learning or already smart.
Woman

Pecatonica, IL

#160630 Apr 9, 2014
What happens to People who don"t have insurance?
Nita

Jamestown, TN

#160632 Apr 9, 2014
Woman wrote:
Obama Care is GREAT Everyone should have it ,and it is cheap for most people.
Fed Up Again

Louisville, KY

#160633 Apr 9, 2014
Mao-bama Zombies wrote:
<quoted text>
True...!!
I see someone who has a brain.
Thanks
Non welfare rider

Johnson City, TN

#160634 Apr 9, 2014
Nita wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama Care is GREAT Everyone should have it ,and it is cheap for most people.
You are a goddamn liar!
Non welfare rider

Johnson City, TN

#160635 Apr 9, 2014
Woman wrote:
You post the same one line shit time and time again, why don't you just shut up and build a shrine to that wigger?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#160636 Apr 9, 2014
Duck dynasty is fake.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#160637 Apr 9, 2014
left coast wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how NRA gun nuts make fun of all studies unless the study agrees with their agenda? Isn't it a bit disingenuous to take a fact quoted from a reliable source and try to make fun of it with silly comparisons that do not relate to the factual argument? You all use quotes, radical web sites and all kinds of "studies" to try and back up your crap. So that won't work. More guns & less regulations absolutely mean more needless deaths. Duh
Here is one gun study nobody can deny...

I'm much safer with a gun than without a gun.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

#160638 Apr 9, 2014
Non welfare rider wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a goddamn liar!
Obamacare can fix your goddamn brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 1 hr BCAlien 80,734
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr MSRose 104,763
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr HOMEEE 644
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 2 hr Juan Carlos 83,867
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Aggie23 80,607
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr Another Damn Liberal 90,373
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10) Fri spoon 10
More from around the web