'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 190370 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“I Walk On Water”

Since: Apr 13

..Just to PROVE I can.....

#142550 Jan 1, 2014
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
It'll take at least a year for him to define "rampid" Think he'll make a Wikipedia page for it?
Professor of Logic
...and my Grandma flies a B-2 Bomber

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#142554 Jan 1, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Professor of Logic
...and my Grandma flies a B-2 Bomber
The students are not taught about their 'rights' they are punished if they don't do as told.
Blame the PARENTS.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#142555 Jan 1, 2014
The students are not taught about their 'rights' they are punished if they don't do as told.
Blame the PARENTS.
ROTFL wrote:
Students Forced to Stand for 'Black National Anthem'
Selwyn Duke
Students at Capital High School (CHS) in Charleston, West Virginia have been regularly forced to stand during the playing of a song known as "The Black National Anthem."
The song, "Lift Every Voice and Sing," was played in the morning right after the American national anthem and the Pledge of Allegiance, and students were forced to stand for all three. While the law currently states that no child can be compelled to stand for any kind of pledge, controversy only arose at CHS after two students and a parent complained about having to stand for the "Black National Anthem" (BNA).
To make matters worse, Clinton Giles, the black principal of CHS who made the requirement, allegedly ridiculed a child for his refusal to stand during the BNA
Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/12/s...
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142561 Jan 1, 2014
RayOne wrote:
Blame the PARENTS.
<quoted text>
I do blame the parents, they are the ones that support a libtard administration, until they don't like something,
Jay

Paris, TN

#142562 Jan 1, 2014
It's only just begun. Watch when millions file income tax, that's when the sh*t will hit the fan....thanks to the democrats!

Lisa Myers has an excellent investigative reporting piece up at NBC News documenting how one small business is dealing with Obamacare. The quotes from the article are just brutal:

The 41 employees of Extreme Dodge in Jackson, Mich., are very familiar with trade-ins, but this year they’re learning about trade-offs as they come face to face with the new realities of health care. A few workers say they’re getting a great deal, but most have a severe case of sticker shock.

“I feel like I’ve been taken to the cleaners,” said Neal Campbell, a salesman.

“How is this helping the average American that’s working 40 to 50 hours per week?” said Terry Hardcastle, a salesperson.“How are we supposed to live?”

Cathy Smith, who’d hoped she’d qualify for a subsidy and made just a little too much money, had tears in her eyes. "You don't make that much money to begin with,” she said,“and the prescriptions are going to kill me."

"There are some people who do come out ahead, but I would say the overwhelming majority, they’re paying much higher rates and they have lower benefits.”

Among the hardest hit is Campbell, a salesman with a wife and three young children, all of whom are active in athletics. The premium payments currently deducted weekly from his paycheck will increase $77, to a total of $221 per week.“That’s a huge part of the budget,” he said.“We feel betrayed, lied to, and we're pissed off.”

Remember: President Obama delayed the employer mandate till 2015. So most Americans who have employer-sponsored health insurance really have not felt the Obamacare pain yet. That will change as more and more businesses make the same types of decisions Extreme Dodge did above. And when they do, Obamacare's approval ratings can only go down.

Myers does report that, "A handful of the Extreme Dodge workers came out winners -- mostly low-wage earners who qualify for subsidies and therefore pay very little for insurance." But even those who think they come out ahead today should think again. If they happen to get a raise, or get married, the IRS could come back and demand all those subsidies back. Politico reports:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/12/irs-cou...

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#142565 Jan 1, 2014
Here's the rest of the story on that Lisa Myers NBC segment about the Dodge dealership. What puddin' pop copy/pasted seemed to be slanted toward the negative - what a shocker.

"Rather than officially sponsor a new policy, the company -- voted one of the 100 best car dealerships to work for in the country last year -- will instead provide its employees with $2,400 apiece to buy their own insurance, or to pocket and pay the new federal penalty if they elect to go without it.

That’s a little bit more than the company says it spent on health insurance this year. Dealership owner Wesley Lutz said his decision to go in a new direction was driven by the fact that health insurance is “incredibly expensive” and getting more so. He says he needs to be able to control his future costs.

“As a business owner, we have to be viable first and then provide services,” he said. Lutz is not required to provide health insurance to workers, but has done so for 35 years.

By not sponsoring a company plan, Lutz also enables workers to shop around and see if they do better buying insurance through the health insurance exchanges established by the new law, where some qualify for subsidies, or through buying a new group plan recommended by the company.

A handful of the Extreme Dodge workers came out winners -- mostly low-wage earners who qualify for subsidies and therefore pay very little for insurance. The biggest winner is Brandon Chisholm, a detailer with two daughters, who will get health insurance for the first time, and will have to pay virtually nothing for it because he qualifies for a big government subsidy. That means he can bank the $200 a month the company is giving workers to replace the health insurance it previously provided.

Asked if he was excited at the prospect of getting nearly free coverage on top of the cash stipend, he replied,“Oh yeah! Anything that can help me and my family out, that’s what I’m going to do.”

Twenty-six of the dealership's workers had been covered this year under the old company plan. Twenty-one have now decided to go with the new group plan recommended by the company for next year, though they realize that they face sharply higher out-of-pocket costs next year.

Some small businesses have been able to extend their current policies and delay the deadline for complying with the new law until sometime next year.

The Obama administration disputes the notion that the ACA puts small businesses at a disadvantage or forces them to shed health insurance. It cites a program created by the law – the Small Business Health Options Program or SHOP -- that enables businesses with fewer than 50 full-time equivalent employees to shop for group health plans and notes that many small businesses can qualify for tax credits to help pay for employee premiums.

Four younger workers opted not to sign up for any health insurance at all, according to a company official.

Lutz, the dealership owner, said he believes that his company is maintaining its commitment to provide health care to its workers through the $2,400 stipend.

“I think everybody should have health care, so as a company, we’ve always provided (it),” he said.“Going forward, I still want to do that. It’s just the format’s different.”

Added General Manager Marc Trudell,“The important part is to take care of the people that need it the most, and by doing it this way, I think it's what we're able to accomplish.”

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/...

Kudos to the owner for providing insurance options to his employees even though he didn't have to.

As for paying back subsidies, that's not any different than it is now. Most insurance companies require notification of significant changes, as does the IRS.
Jay

Paris, TN

#142567 Jan 1, 2014
Crow__ wrote:
Here's the rest of the story on that Lisa Myers NBC segment about the Dodge dealership. What puddin' pop copy/pasted seemed to be slanted toward the negative - what a shocker..
Nothing slanted about it. These people were quoted. Naturally low income people will pay less and qualify for subsidies. But what about those not in that bracket? They will pay way more, and not one mention of the deductible, which is so high it makes the insurance worthless. How can anybody pay these high deductibles within a year's worth of visits to a doctor, if you can even find one in your network?! Just wait for the shit to hit the fan next year when people will be paying back to the IRS.
Meanwhile, those of higher income are screwed having to pay for those whose incomes are lower. Sounds fair to me....not!
Jay

Paris, TN

#142568 Jan 1, 2014
New ObamaCare fees coming in 2014

WASHINGTON — Here comes the ObamaCare tax bill.

The cost of President Obama’s massive health-care law will hit Americans in 2014 as new taxes pile up on their insurance premiums and on their income-tax bills.

Most insurers aren’t advertising the ObamaCare taxes that are added on to premiums, opting instead to discretely pass them on to customers while quietly lobbying lawmakers for a break.

But one insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, laid bare the taxes on its bills with a separate line item for “Affordable Care Act Fees and Taxes.”

http://nypost.com/2013/12/25/new-obamacare-fe...
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142578 Jan 2, 2014
Hey tofy, I found your celebration pics on-line!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/01/lega...
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142579 Jan 2, 2014
Hillary 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Up all Night again you deadbeat pos.
still chasing chickens you chicophile,

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#142580 Jan 2, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing slanted about it. These people were quoted. Naturally low income people will pay less and qualify for subsidies. But what about those not in that bracket? They will pay way more, and not one mention of the deductible, which is so high it makes the insurance worthless. How can anybody pay these high deductibles within a year's worth of visits to a doctor, if you can even find one in your network?! Just wait for the shit to hit the fan next year when people will be paying back to the IRS.
Meanwhile, those of higher income are screwed having to pay for those whose incomes are lower. Sounds fair to me....not!
All the negatives were quoted, sure. Nothing in your post about the positives - the $2,400 compensation, the fact that small businesses can get tax credits, the quotes from the owner...nothing good, all gloom and doom and fear from your kind, as usual.

If there was no mention of the deductible, puddin' pop, how can you assert that it makes the insurance worthless? See, in the actual news story, the deductible IS mentioned (I had to cut some of the piece for space)- but you didn't bother to read the original, did you? You just repeated what was spoon fed to you by whatever regressive waste of bandwidth you copied and pasted from.

As for the politico item, you're determined to screech about "paying back to the IRS" when, in fact, if changes are reported in a timely fashion, there will be no penalties. In other words, honest folks won't have a thing to worry about!

The sh*t's going to hit the fan, all right, as the innate benefits of the ACA become more apparent and voters realize how the GOP and their minions (like you) have deliberately, continuously lied to them.
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142581 Jan 2, 2014
Man, this global warming is really, well, freezing us, single digit temperatures, blizzard conditions, sure glad al gore has this under control,

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

“True Gun Control”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#142588 Jan 2, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>That is what destroyed America's middle class. So you would have America be just like China? Maybe work teen girls 16 hours a day 6 days per week at .30 cents per hour while being held at the company compound? It's a dream world there for the rich American CEOs. No wage laws, no child labor laws, no EPA, no safety Laws, no medical, no retirement. There are nations that have your thinking in place like China and the third would African nations.
Presidential hopeful M.Bachmann,“Literally, if we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.”
Why try harder to be stupid. You're already doing a good job of it.

“True Gun Control”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#142589 Jan 2, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us what the world of Seven T would look like in America. What exactly would you do with the poor, the working poor and those on Social Security and Medicare. In your kingdom would there be any type of social programs?
First we would produce jobs. Most people would rather work than be liberal mooches. Then reinstitute the welfar work program that CLINTON PASSED and Obama stopped so he could add more to welfare an phones.
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142590 Jan 2, 2014
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Lech Walesa:
Obama Has Failed,
'America no Longer Leads the World'
The Nobel Peace Prize-winning former president of Poland, Lech Walesa, says President Obama has failed to reclaim America's role as a world leader.
In an interview with CNN aired Wednesday, the 70-year-old Walesa — who supported Republican Mitt Romney in the 2012 election —
said the Obama administration has been a ---dangerous--- disappointment.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/lech-walesa-...
~-~
dangerous yes, disappointment, not for me, it was expected,
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142591 Jan 2, 2014
Fears grow of Al Qaeda 'resurgence'
in Iraq as death toll soars in 2013

Reuters

UN OFFICIALS REPORT that the civilian death toll in Iraq in 2013 was the highest in years, stoking concerns that the country is falling back into a pattern of bloodshed not seen since the pre-surge years.
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142593 Jan 2, 2014
Look at all this fright wing propaganda, this will never happen, after all, printing $85 billion a month to buy bonds will fix everything,

baaaaaaaaaaaaa

==========
Fisher Sees New Housing Bubble Signs, Warns of MBS Buys

Published October 17, 2013 /
Reuters

A top Federal Reserve official said on Thursday he is seeing signs of the United States re-entering a "housing bubble," and warned about the U.S. central bank's ongoing purchases of mortgage-based bonds.

"I'm beginning to see signs not just in my district but across the country that we are entering once again a housing bubble," Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher told reporters. "So that leads me ... to be very cautious about our mortgage-backed securities purchase program."
ROTFL

Lansing, MI

#142595 Jan 2, 2014
I am really trying to understand this, would one of you libtards please explain how this could happen in the realm of global warming? Just wondering, since you all disagree with opposing scientific views,

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

A BLIZZARD IS BREWING
100 million are in the storm's path

www.cnn.com
Hungsolow

Providence, KY

#142596 Jan 2, 2014
Jay wrote:
New ObamaCare fees coming in 2014
WASHINGTON — Here comes the ObamaCare tax bill.
The cost of President Obama’s massive health-care law will hit Americans in 2014 as new taxes pile up on their insurance premiums and on their income-tax bills.
Most insurers aren’t advertising the ObamaCare taxes that are added on to premiums, opting instead to discretely pass them on to customers while quietly lobbying lawmakers for a break.
But one insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, laid bare the taxes on its bills with a separate line item for “Affordable Care Act Fees and Taxes.”
http://nypost.com/2013/12/25/new-obamacare-fe...
In this article it is states that taxes were raised due to ObamaCare on Capital Gains income. That is totally untrue. The SS and Medicare tax on Capital Gains was put in place in 2012 with the new tax deal. People like Mitt Romney and the Wall St, Hedge Fund Billionaires had NEVER paid into SS and Medicare until starting on Jan.2013. That type of income had been tax exempt. The new 2012 tax law had nothing to do with ObamaCare.
Hungsolow

Providence, KY

#142598 Jan 2, 2014
ROTFL wrote:
Look at all this fright wing propaganda, this will never happen, after all, printing $85 billion a month to buy bonds will fix everything,
baaaaaaaaaaaaa
==========
Fisher Sees New Housing Bubble Signs, Warns of MBS Buys
Published October 17, 2013 /
Reuters
A top Federal Reserve official said on Thursday he is seeing signs of the United States re-entering a "housing bubble," and warned about the U.S. central bank's ongoing purchases of mortgage-based bonds.
"I'm beginning to see signs not just in my district but across the country that we are entering once again a housing bubble," Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher told reporters. "So that leads me ... to be very cautious about our mortgage-backed securities purchase program."
The banks are the ones buying up all the homes not private sales. All the major banks are buying up homes and renting them. Bank of America is one of the largest home owner groups in the US now and the largest rental company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 min Dalai Lama 80,148
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 12 min guest 69,929
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 3 hr little miss 18,163
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr Rancid Farts 19,890
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 7 hr DAN SELF DESTRUCTING 102,175
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Sat CorruptionKiller 35
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Gru... (Oct '10) Sat Walt Lomgmire - S... 44
More from around the web