'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 233161 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128850 Oct 13, 2013
CONtinued:

Even during “Biblical times” they had the two-percenters. Those who had everything, building it on the backs of those who had very little. This is something Jesus Christ stood against.

So you’d think a party which claims to be the party of “Christian values” would rise against greed and embrace humanity. But they don’t. They base their “Christianity” on church attendance and fierce opposition to abortion and same-sex marriage.

And that’s about it.

Politically, their party constantly vilifies and attacks the poor while making victims out of the rich. The poor are talked about like “takers” while the rich are promoted as “job creators.” Programs that help the poor are seen as “drains” while tax breaks for the rich are seen as “the path to prosperity.”

“Welfare” is a word they detest. They paint anyone who needs government help as “the problem” while acting as if the greed of the 2% isn’t an issue.

Except, it wasn’t the poor who sank our economy, it was the rich. It was greed. The same greed which their party continues to support and enable.

So how is any of this representative of “Christian” values? Believing in God doesn’t make you a Christian. Jewish people believe in God, but they’re not Christians. Being a “Christian” means you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. Defending the poor, helping the helpless, accepting those who are different, not judging, loving one another, being hopeful—these are real Christian values.

And they’re values which Republicans don’t live by. Republicans are fearful, angry, judgement, hateful, spiteful and base their entire economic ideology on feeding greed. Basically the complete opposite of everything Jesus Christ stood for.

In fact, when I see Republicans talk about social programs, the disdain for the poor is evident.

Almost every budget proposal Republicans support doesn’t touch the rich — instead, it puts the burden of those cuts on programs that benefit the poor and middle class.

Think about it. When was the last time Republicans proposed anything that benefited the poor instead of the rich? I honestly can’t think of a single thing.

Hell, we’re in the midst of a government shutdown because Republicans would rather have our government cease to function than give access to health care for millions of Americans. Our nation has nearly defaulted our on debt because they fiercely opposed any mention of a tax increase for the rich.

Republicans quite literally would rather watch the whole country burn to the ground fighting for the benefits of those of us who have the most, while attacking those of us who have the least.

How in the hell is that “Christian?”

It’s not. And it’s time Republicans stop calling themselves “Christian” when they blatantly hate the poor.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/republican...

JESUS didn't teach us to hate the Poor and worship Wealth. Satan did.

Jesus doesn't care how many bible verses you have memorized.
He cares about how you treat people.

JESUS helped the poor, Repukes help themselves.

You might be a republiCON

if you believe that Jesus said, " blessed are the rich, for they have inherited the earth".

if you've ever tried to prove Jesus was a capitalist and opposed to welfare.

Yeah, that pretty much says it all about the
un-Christianlike republiCONS

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
UncleTab

Bardstown, KY

#128851 Oct 13, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh God, you're talking to dumbest ignorant liberal here on Topix ... uncle flabby...shut up you Witch...
I was talking about 50 states abbreviation according to Post Office, 50 stars on U.S. flag...not according to your lazy dumb America hater ...
pResident 57 states...SHUT UP...!!
Oz - ConservaCONS is not ignorant. She's freakin' NUTS. And she's another lib on here posting under numerous names. Just a little earlier she posted under "It's Subjective Really" and she often posts as "Fox News Is A Joke" throughout Topix.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128852 Oct 13, 2013
Its Subjective Really wrote:
<quoted text>
In your mind all the cool kids were hanging out with you on topix.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
GET YOUR OWN SLOGANS IMPOSTER FREAK

RIP GOP

DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH
Kitkat

Clay City, KY

#128853 Oct 13, 2013
Good point
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128854 Oct 13, 2013
AmericanLunatic wrote:
YoU libTARDS JUST
~~SPIn~~
'til'
"YOUR"
sO dizzy.
Ozzie, <3 <3 <3
OUR 'MESSAGES' "ARE" GETTING ACROSS!!
PEOPLE EVERYWHERE ARE
~FLOCKIING~
'TO' "TOPIX"
TO READ
'MY POSTS! <3
I mean 'OUR' posts!
Just not 'these' libTARDS!
~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus Loves YOU.
*KISS*
**MY**
Go
To
Hell
~~
AL 2016!
An American STAR & Patriot!
Shining B~R~I~G~H~T !!!
LET'S Goo A~M~E~R~I~C~A !!!
~-~
tHE hAWK is wATCHinG OVER US!
~~except illegalz and the poor~~
HAHAHA... PRICELESS

Got her down perfectly..LUNATIC

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
UncleTab

Bardstown, KY

#128855 Oct 13, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
GET YOUR OWN SLOGANS IMPOSTER FREAK
RIP GOP
DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH
Omg. Got caught and trying now to cover it up. Typical lib lol
Vern

Switzerland

#128856 Oct 13, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, missed you. I so love your comments to thebla bla. She is a crazy one. Poster child for gun control. NUTS haha
Sorry about your clouds. I liked the comment it was just the GOP. Hilarious. I hope they are gone soon. Still sunshine,free sky (hahaha), birds singing, perfect day.:)
I was on the phone, doing last minute what to bring....extra ice. etc. for our family dinner soon. I hope to see you later. It was fun reading. Blabla are killing it, aren't they.
See you later.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
how old are you? This has to be the most childish posts from you. Sorry but it was so rude, I did you a favor. There now, that's better.
Tell us when you get back how in the hells bells the president plans to work on this damm mess he has you Americans in that will mess up the world ultimately. You do realize this, right? Oh, good morning
American Lady

Danville, KY

#128857 Oct 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Just look right about this post you made.
And thanks for pointing it out for everyone to see.
I really appreciate it.
:-D
your own FOOD dumchit :)

I've got mine ...
PAID for with GREENBACK ...

you know CASH!

From W~O~R~K

:)

Remember what THAT is?

)8~D>
Uncle Tab

United States

#128858 Oct 13, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>GET YOUR OWN SLOGANS IMPOSTER FREAK

RIP GOP

DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH
Looks like my stalker is posting crazy stuff about republicans now trying to say its you doing it.

It's funny he knows they're stupid enough to believe it.

Preying on the weak minded fools.:-D

Just how sad does a person have to be in life to do that kind of thing??

Never mind...... Republican MO!

Vern

Switzerland

#128860 Oct 13, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
KMA you evil witch. I stated that you were a gun control poster child waiting to happen, because you are. A prime example. I didn't start making any threats though did I fruitloop? Defend all you want, leave any threats out of it. Who on here is going to look you up in your loser Danville for any reason except maybe your chemtrail serb hag.
You must resent when people leave here to go do LIFE. It must suck bad not to have family and friends to spend time with. Unlike you, we have a real life outside topix. I guess that is why you are here 24/7 having love fests with your fellow loser lemming topix groupies. Hilarious. I see you didn't take your nap. Crazy loon, still babbling and slobbering senseless ramblings. Continue on, you bring the DEMS more votes with every post. CRAZY CON
RIP GOP
DITCH THE WITCH
&
DITCH MITCH
holy cow! You have a life?
UncleTab

Bardstown, KY

#128861 Oct 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like my stalker is posting crazy stuff about republicans now trying to say its you doing it.
It's funny he knows they're stupid enough to believe it.
Preying on the weak minded fools.:-D
Just how sad does a person have to be in life to do that kind of thing??
Never mind...... Republican MO!
Omg Uncle Tab Clampett...you're as paranoid as the other liberals on here. Which is ironic considering you're a number of them just yourself. Keep on pickin' that banjo, and leave the political points to the adults. It's still getting to you. Sorry old timer lol
American Lady

Danville, KY

#128862 Oct 13, 2013
Vern wrote:
<quoted text>holy cow! You have a life?
Boo Yah!

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh !!! Where?
' topix.com '
-n-
When I talk about my FAMILY
I get dissed ...

Thank You!
Hugh Jassoal

Cub Run, KY

#128863 Oct 13, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome AL...!!
Don't worry about it...!!
<3 !!!
As you can see goat girl is out of the barn again. She has NO guts to post in her own name, but using mine.
Stupid is and stupid does...!!
Another shining example of how clueless you wingnuts are.

(snicker)
Uncle Tab

United States

#128864 Oct 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>your own FOOD dumchit :)

I've got mine ...
PAID for with GREENBACK ...

you know CASH!

From W~O~R~K

:)

Remember what THAT is?

)8~D>
:-D you just can't keep up can ya dumbass?

And I remember work, been a few years, but I don't have to worry about it. Thanks to my good o Philip Morris Union, my buyout and full retirement because of seniority when they moved from Louisville to North Carolina... And it's very obvious you don't work. You're on the goverment draw. You can't even afford cable it satellite TV to watch any REAL news coverage..... You suck up that Obama phone Internet.:-D

But hey...... This is the Internet..... You republicans are great at saying you live these wonderful successful lives..... As your ignorant asses are on here copy and pasting from the koolaid sites.:-D

What a life you have Headcheck! What a life indeed!
OZombies

United States

#128865 Oct 13, 2013
UncleTab wrote:
<quoted text>
Oz - ConservaCONS is not ignorant. She's freakin' NUTS. And she's another lib on here posting under numerous names. Just a little earlier she posted under "It's Subjective Really" and she often posts as "Fox News Is A Joke" throughout Topix.
Yeah, she is complete lost soul, liberal lunatic, out of control maniac.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#128866 Oct 13, 2013
FROM another forum ...

Reality wrote:
Sheila Jackson Lee:
"I stand here as a freed slave."
Freed 148 years ago by President Lincoln.

***The people that owned her and sold her could not be reached for comment.....
``````````

)8~D>
American Lady

Danville, KY

#128867 Oct 13, 2013
President Lincoln WAS a *Republican*

Abraham Lincoln

As President, he built the Republican Party into a strong national organization. Further, he rallied most of the northern Democrats to the Union cause. On January 1, 1863, he issued the Emancipation Proclamation that declared forever free those slaves within the Confederacy.

Lincoln never let the world forget that the Civil War involved an even larger issue. This he stated most movingly in dedicating the military cemetery at Gettysburg: "that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Lincoln won re-election in 1864, as Union military triumphs heralded an end to the war. In his planning for peace, the President was flexible and generous, encouraging Southerners to lay down their arms and join speedily in reunion.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/ab...

“I'm Not TRUMP...”

Since: Apr 13

...I'm just DRAWN that way....

#128868 Oct 13, 2013
Vern wrote:
<quoted text>holy cow! You have a life?
Switzerland...Europe's Vagina
Twatzerland, more like it.

“I'm Not TRUMP...”

Since: Apr 13

...I'm just DRAWN that way....

#128869 Oct 13, 2013
Boehner folds like a garage sale lawn chair...
and weeps like a willow tree in April
Hugh Jassoal

Cub Run, KY

#128870 Oct 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
President Lincoln WAS a *Republican*
Abraham Lincoln
As President, he built the Republican Party into a strong national organization. Further, he rallied most of the northern Democrats to the Union cause. On January 1, 1863, he issued the Emancipation Proclamation that declared forever free those slaves within the Confederacy.
Lincoln never let the world forget that the Civil War involved an even larger issue. This he stated most movingly in dedicating the military cemetery at Gettysburg: "that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
Lincoln won re-election in 1864, as Union military triumphs heralded an end to the war. In his planning for peace, the President was flexible and generous, encouraging Southerners to lay down their arms and join speedily in reunion.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/ab...
Yep!
and Right now, he's spinning in his grave. Cause you're a republican too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 min Billy 91,102
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 18 min Amos 85,165
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr MSRose 105,330
Election California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr joseph santacruz 16,049
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 hr splains a lot 82,923
Election Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 13 hr Suki 6,125
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Indiana's 6... (Oct '14) 14 hr Space Donkey 7
More from around the web