'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 287772 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128516 Oct 12, 2013
CONtinued:

There clearly are people in the Republican Party at the moment for whom the business community and the interests of the business community — the jobs and members they represent — don’t seem to be their top priority. They don’t really care what the N.F.I.B. thinks, and don’t care what the Chamber thinks, and probably don’t care what the Business Roundtable thinks.

The Tea Party Challenges The Business Lobby
Tea Partiers seem to be challenging the business lobby to, uh, take its business elsewhere. There are signs that that’s beginning to happen. A backlash supported by local business leaders is growing in a few Congressional districts represented by some of the most extreme Congressmen. A prime example is sophomore Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich. Amash was one of the main advocates of shutting down the government. On Tuesday, investment manager Brian Ellis, a candidate backed by local business leaders, announced his candidacy for Amash’s seat.

However, this small crack in the Tea Party wall is probably too little, too late. On Tuesday, The Nation asked GOP lobbyist John Feehery if business groups like the U.S. Chamber of Commerce were going to start running ads against Tea Party candidates. He replied:

They haven’t so far…my own view is that if you want to fix the country, you have to fix the Congress.

Funny. Democrats feel the same way. And they’re more than happy to step into the void when the Tea Party and the business lobby file for a divorce.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/10/busin...

They created a monster alright.

bye bye teabagging GOP

DITCH MITCH
Teehee

Switzerland

#128517 Oct 12, 2013
UncleTab wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lord...here we go again. By the way, why not use Fox News Is A Joke on these posts too..
teehee
Uncle Tab

Ft Mitchell, KY

#128518 Oct 12, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>What a stalker pervert of many names. The losers don't have anything else but name stealing and ignorant juvenile bullshit to cover the fact that they support liars, cheats, and CONS. I agree with you, can't wait until 2014/2016. We need to get rid of some more of them if not all so our country can go back to thriving. They are the lowest form of life on here in their little fantasy worlds.

I see you were schooling and sparring with them well the last two days. Newport and Injudgement too. Nothing but game playing and stupidity from them. They hate it that they are losers like the ones they support. Anti America

Hope you have a great day. I have been out in the beautiful weather we have again all morning. I thought I would have lunch, check email, fb and the see what the big TRUCKER news was, since the news channels have nothing. hahahaha I guess they were off a few thousand truckers? haha

Smart truckers. Stay home. lmao

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Last count was 12 trucks!! [email protected],000...... Republicans are so easily duped its almost sad. But fun to smack em around.

I told my stalker I'm gonna sit back and watch him try to get my attention and just laugh at him. He reminds me of one of those little 5 lb dogs jumping up and yipping wanting a treat or to be taken outside and out in a leash. I'm sure he'll be trying to trying to jump up on me again before the days over. I already rolled up the newspaper and smacked his nose and he ran off lmao
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128519 Oct 12, 2013
UncleTab wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lord...here we go again. By the way, why not use Fox News Is A Joke on these posts too..
GO to hell you poser pervert pig. You have so many names, we can only keep up with them by the ignorance they reek of. I post with this name only, one ip address, on pc, unlike you and your many devices and proxies that YOU told on yourself way back in July as well as demonstrated. We libs don't have to play your childish game because we aren't LOSERS like you repuke CON. So gfy AND call it a day. You can't stand it that there are more than 2/3 people here disputing you 2/3 rolling as 6/7 socks. Keep spinning, your batshit crazy loon and her big serb chemtrail will eat it up. They are your biggest fans. The rest of us know you are just a pitiful loser arisock. Again, gfy loser

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

Ft Mitchell, KY

#128520 Oct 12, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
Editorial | Shutdown, Week 2

Remember the World War II veterans who showed up at the National Mall last week, only to find exhibits closed because of the federal government shutdown? Their arrival, and when the barriers were moved for them so they could visit the memorial to their war and sacrifice, made for dramatic pictures and narratives on the costs of the shutdown. Who could possibly be for keeping out members of The Greatest Generation? Nobody, thatÂ’s who.

Well, who could possibly be for keeping out members of the next generation? Answer should be the same, but the head-shaking and tongue-tsking that accompanied the veteransÂ’ shut-out have subsided. That was so last week, and here we are burrowed into Week Two of, as columnist Leonard Pitts puts it in his piece on todayÂ’s op-ed page, America Held Hostage.

The costs of the shutdown are even greater for those who are going unphotographed and largely unacknowledged — yes, a lot of them are kids — as the Republican-led U.S. House continues in its intransigent failure to work and play well with others in order to pass a budget to fund the government.

Last week, Forbes magazine reported the government stopped funding the nutrition program for Women, Infants and Children, also known as WIC, a frightening development for the almost 9 million women and children under 5 who live at or below the poverty line and who depend on the program to eat. The story said most states could continue with contingency funds for a week or so but would run into trouble if the impasse extended into later October.

TimeÂ’s up. North Carolina announced Tuesday that it will stop issuing WIC benefits and will only be able to cover vouchers already issued for this month. Those receiving help are being encouraged to apply for food stamps and to visit food pantries, according to state news outlets.

At the time of the Forbes reporting, Arkansas and Utah were already facing “dire” situations; Utah had stopped accepting new participants.

“America is not realizing how many low-income pregnant women and children we have in this country,” a WIC program official in Chicago told Forbes.“They have no safety net ... At our agency, we have no cushion.”

Again, thatÂ’s 9 million women and children throughout the country. No net, no cushion.

Where are the pictures of them? Where is the outrage about the barriers to their being fed?

When House Speaker John Boehner mentions “unconditional surrender,” who is he speaking for?

Those 9 million women and children? Been there, done that — or about to.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201310...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Also soup kitchen types of places that give food donated by stores (close to out of date) and such have also been affected. This has had many more affects than I had realizes. Crow told me about some of them so I went and did some research, this is costing millions upon millions of dollars and hurting who else, but the poor.

Republicans will go to any means necessary to hurt the poor for their own gain.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128521 Oct 12, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya Ms RC!
They can't get this sort of information from Fox News. Fox is still on ACA and conjuring up how dismal it is as the majority of ppl who signed up are happy with it.
The low IQ republicans are in a frenzy the last few days since the republicans are at an all time low with approval, Americans told them not to shut down the goverment and they went against our wishes. Time to clean them out of there.
I posted an article (written by a conservative no less lol) that shows Hillary will win in 2016.
All of this, plus the 10,000 trucker (12 truck) invasion of Washington.... The uninformed republican voting base may start chewing their fingers off as midterm and presidential elections approach.
Happy Days to be a democrat and informed and smarter than ANY republican!
:-D
Yes happy days. They are sending the voters to the DEMS with each day passing with all their twisted spins and I am lmao at the big trucker fantasy. No wonder they are so angry. Nothing is going their way. They are all throwing a raging fit with all these desperate comments here. They are doomed. I am loving it.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

Ft Mitchell, KY

#128522 Oct 12, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>GO to hell you poser pervert pig. You have so many names, we can only keep up with them by the ignorance they reek of. I post with this name only, one ip address, on pc, unlike you and your many devices and proxies that YOU told on yourself way back in July as well as demonstrated. We libs don't have to play your childish game because we aren't LOSERS like you repuke CON. So gfy AND call it a day. You can't stand it that there are more than 2/3 people here disputing you 2/3 rolling as 6/7 socks. Keep spinning, your batshit crazy loon and her big serb chemtrail will eat it up. They are your biggest fans. The rest of us know you are just a pitiful loser arisock. Again, gfy loser

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH
Just ignore the idiots. It's fun to watch them be so desperate at this latest loss to see them have to stoop to such childish pranks..... 4 and 5 year old mind sets.

These are the republican voters backing the lowest approval rating republicans ever..... What can we expect from them?

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128523 Oct 12, 2013
Giving up control

Steve Ellis, vice president of the nonpartisan Taxpayers for Common Sense, said McConnell lost virtually all of his power in the matter when he and other Senate leaders allowed a cloture vote on the continuing budget resolution that would have allowed government to continue spending when the new fiscal year began Oct. 1.

The cloture vote shut down debate on the resolution and blocked Republicans from filibustering it. And with debate on the issue closed, Reid has free rein to bring up votes on the issue and the GOP has no way to stop him.
“No matter who is in his seat right now, he would not be a primary player in this,” Ellis said of McConnell.“It’s a three man show. Boehner, Reid and Obama.”

Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics agreed that the GOP’s minority status in the Senate — without the threat of filibuster now that the cloture vote was taken — makes McConnell an afterthought.

“The Democrats are running the Senate, and the Republicans are pretty much cut out of it there,” Sabato said.

Sabato also said McConnell doesn’t have much room to take a leadership role in cutting a deal because the Senate Democrats and Obama have ruled out any compromise that involves the Affordable Care Act, and because he doesn’t have access to Vice President Joe Biden, with whom he has worked well in the past.

“The White House has forbidden Biden from doing any deals,” Sabato said.

But beyond that, Ellis, Sabato and others say McConnell doesn’t want to take the lead in reaching an agreement because working out a deal could be viewed as weakness by Republican primary voters.

Like The Washington Post’s Milbank, Norm Ornstein, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, contends that next year’s election is the only reason McConnell hasn’t stepped forward.
Ornstein said that if McConnell could craft a deal with Reid that gives some concessions to Republicans, didn’t touch Obamacare and could “push it through the Senate with 85 votes,” it would completely change the dynamics in the House, where Boehner is under pressure from tea party Republicans to hold firm.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/201310...

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128524 Oct 12, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Last count was 12 trucks!! [email protected],000...... Republicans are so easily duped its almost sad. But fun to smack em around.
I told my stalker I'm gonna sit back and watch him try to get my attention and just laugh at him. He reminds me of one of those little 5 lb dogs jumping up and yipping wanting a treat or to be taken outside and out in a leash. I'm sure he'll be trying to trying to jump up on me again before the days over. I already rolled up the newspaper and smacked his nose and he ran off lmao
[email protected] up newspaper. He is a dog who needs smacked on his nose. A pathetic loser freak.

12 trucks? hahahahahahaha

No wonder they are so mad. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
UncleTab

Bardstown, KY

#128525 Oct 12, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ignore the idiots. It's fun to watch them be so desperate at this latest loss to see them have to stoop to such childish pranks..... 4 and 5 year old mind sets.
These are the republican voters backing the lowest approval rating republicans ever..... What can we expect from them?
Well I didn't know you wanted to get involved old timer. You're going to shoot that blood pressure into even more dangerous territory Pops. Sorry you're still waiting by the window and watching. But you always know you can chat (or in your case - chat through many names) here on Topix. So keep that proxy handy and know we accept all of your names old timer. The only thing more sad than a liberal mind and thoughts are liberals minds and thoughts with dementia. You're SO easy to goof on :)
(Shouting because of his hearing) I SAY YOU'RE SO EASY TO GOOF ON POPS
Uncle Tab

Ft Mitchell, KY

#128526 Oct 12, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>[email protected] up newspaper. He is a dog who needs smacked on his nose. A pathetic loser freak.

12 trucks? hahahahahahaha

No wonder they are so mad. haha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

No doubt!

10,000 to 12 trucks bahahahahaha

Funniest thing was Fox doing a live webcam broadcast Friday morning from a car.... The reporter stopped at a truck stop and there were 3 trucks there.

What a showing for those truckers.

:-D idiots!

Republicans fooled AGAIN!
UncleTab

Bardstown, KY

#128527 Oct 12, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
GO to hell you poser pervert pig. You have so many names, we can only keep up with them by the ignorance they reek of. I post with this name only, one ip address, on pc, unlike you and your many devices and proxies that YOU told on yourself way back in July as well as demonstrated. We libs don't have to play your childish game because we aren't LOSERS like you repuke CON. So gfy AND call it a day. You can't stand it that there are more than 2/3 people here disputing you 2/3 rolling as 6/7 socks. Keep spinning, your batshit crazy loon and her big serb chemtrail will eat it up. They are your biggest fans. The rest of us know you are just a pitiful loser arisock. Again, gfy loser
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH
Sorry I didn't respond right back, but I actually had to read your post twice because its so garbled and makes no sense. By the way "Fox News", the fact you're denying that shows you're just another typical left wing nutcase :)...But to your credit, I don't think you have Alzheimer's or dementia - you're just plain nuts!:)
Teehee

Switzerland

#128528 Oct 12, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH
no wonder America is in trouble. Here is an example of a government worker who izzzzz reTIRED! Talk about batshit crazy and a loon on chemical dependency. Gfyourself loser.
Teehee

Switzerland

#128529 Oct 12, 2013
UncleTab wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I didn't know you wanted to get involved old timer. You're going to shoot that blood pressure into even more dangerous territory Pops. Sorry you're still waiting by the window and watching. But you always know you can chat (or in your case - chat through many names) here on Topix. So keep that proxy handy and know we accept all of your names old timer. The only thing more sad than a liberal mind and thoughts are liberals minds and thoughts with dementia. You're SO easy to goof on :)
help pops sin up for that obamycare. That'll help. Teeheeeheeeeee
UncleTab

Bardstown, KY

#128530 Oct 12, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH
Wait...I just read it again. It's so freakin' funny because you're such a looney toon.
Teehee

Switzerland

#128531 Oct 12, 2013
UncleTab wrote:
<quoted text>
yea, and I said sin him up but you know I meant sign. Teeeheee LMFAO. Pops won't know the difference.
Teehee

Switzerland

#128532 Oct 12, 2013
UncleTab wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I didn't respond right back, but I actually had to read your post twice because its so garbled and makes no sense. By the way "Fox News", the fact you're denying that shows you're just another typical left wing nutcase :)...But to your credit, I don't think you have Alzheimer's or dementia - you're just plain nuts!:)
yea, I had the same problem but I got it told good. just a nutcase. Nuts plain ole nuts. Teeheeee

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#128533 Oct 12, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>:-D

That's what happens when you don't use reputable polls.

Keep on believing that BS, you think it's doing you a favor but that's not the case in 2014 and you dumbasses will be crying that voter fraud BS, the same as you do every time your dumbasses lose an election.

Idiots.
There was voter fraud. You'll have to bribe more poll workers this time.
Teehee

Switzerland

#128534 Oct 12, 2013
UncleTab wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait...I just read it again. It's so freakin' funny because you're such a looney toon.
told ya!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#128535 Oct 12, 2013
Obamacare Has Gotten More Popular Since The GOP Shut Down The Government To Defund It

A faction of Tea Party Republicans led by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) essentially forced a government shutdown to pressure Democrats to delay or defund the health reform law. But that dramatic move hasn’t done anything to convince Americans that Obamacare is a policy they should oppose. According to a new poll, Obamacare is actually gaining in popularity at the same time as the Republican Party has taken extreme measures to take a stand against it.

A new NBC-Wall Street Journal poll finds that 38 percent of Americans say Obamacare is a good idea, which represents a 7-point jump from last month. It’s the third-highest popularity rating for Obamacare — which typically doesn’t poll well as a whole, even though Americans tend to support its individual provisions — since the health law was first enacted.

The poll also finds that 50 percent of voters don’t want to eliminate funding for the health reform law, and the vast majority are opposed to tying Obamacare to the ongoing negotiations over the government shutdown. Just 23 percent of Americans say they want to continue the current shutdown to sabotage the health law.

The government shutdown ultimately didn’t do anything to stop the major provisions of the health law from taking effect, and actually ended up coinciding with the open enrollment period for Obamacare’s new insurance marketplaces. Although the sites for the marketplaces have had some ongoing technological glitches, they’ve also received a considerable amount of interest during their first two weeks. A recent poll found that seven percent of Americans say that someone in their household has already tried to sign up for health insurance under Obamacare, which could represent up to 20 million people. That personal experience with the law could be influencing Americans’ attitudes about it.

The new findings from the NBC-Wall Street Journal poll track with surveys that were conducted right before the government shut down at the beginning of this month. In September, one poll found that just seven percent of Republican voters favored delaying or defunding Obamacare as the best strategy for moving forward with the health law.

Another poll released last month found that even the Americans who oppose the health law don’t actually want to sabotage it; instead, most voters are interested in finding ways to make it work.

And as the shutdown has dragged on, there have been some signs that mainstream GOPers are breaking from the Tea Party’s far-right strategy to take the government hostage over Obamacare.

Some Republican lawmakers have been distancing themselves from the House GOP’s demands, pointing out that “defunding Obamacare did not work” and it’s time for a more realistic strategy. Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) recently expressed frustration with congressional Republicans for being so focused on defunding Obamacare, noting that her state needs the funding appropriated under the health law to expand Medicaid. And across the country, veteran Republicans are becoming fed up with the shutdown, accusing the Tea Party of being too intransigent and creating a “distraction” with the fight over Obamacare.

Update
On MSNBC on Friday afternoon, Rep. Peter King (R-NY) responded to the news that the health reform law is gaining popularity by suggesting that “no one has done more to strengthen Obamacare” than Ted Cruz. King pointed out that Cruz’s “maniacal crusade” to shut down the government over health reform has given the anti-Obamacare movement a bad name, so even the Americans who would have otherwise opposed the law are now shying away from being associated with Cruz.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/10/11/27...

The GOP plan to open the gov't continues to add Obamacare cuts. They continue to FAIL. They need to present a plan without the ACA included if they REALLY want to end the shutdown.

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 20 min Commodore Jedi 110,638
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr Another Damn Liberal 101,593
Election IA Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Tru... (Oct '10) 4 hr KFW 18
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 16 hr elf 110,132
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolin... (Oct '10) Sun mkl 13
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Aug 16 MAGA 1,035
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Oklahoma's ... (Oct '14) Aug 16 Killkenny 21
More from around the web