'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239561 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127099 Oct 5, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
Hey everyone.
What happened to that Teabagger Republican? He disappeared shortly after failing his own challenge.
Oh well.
On the bright side, thanks to him I brushed up on my Geometry skills. If anyone wants me to figure out the circumference of a circle using the radius, I dont even have to stop and think about it.
I don't know how often the problem will come up, but I'm ready if it does :-P
Thanks Teabagger!
Hello Newport. I think he is washing his socks. haha He always disappears, he is fact challenged.

Great posts and math skills. Really enjoying them.

Those teabaggers are entertaining aren't they. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#127100 Oct 5, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
CONtinued:
Through the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation, the Institute for Humane Studies administers the Hayek Fund for Scholars and sister programs to fund academics and staffers for like-minded groups across the country.“Charles G. Koch Fellows” and interns stock ALEC, and have gone on to direct ALEC task forces. Another David Koch project, Citizens for a Sound Economy—which launched the effort to repeal Glass-Steagall protections keeping banks from gambling in securities—helped fuel the fight for “free trade,” an unpopular policy in the 1980s. The North American Free Trade Agreement passed with help from CSE and its corporate allies. ALEC resolutions for state legislators have long supported such trade agreements in the face of local concerns about job losses, and today the Koch free-market fantasy is reflected in ALEC’s support for free trade pacts with Korea, Georgia, Colombia and other countries. On just about every issue taken on by Koch’s CSE, ALEC has provided legislative tools to carry them through to state legislatures, from privatizing “federal and state services and assets,” as CSE put it, to blocking common-sense caps on unlimited credit card interest rates. ALEC and the Kochs often pursue parallel tracks. Just as ALEC “educates” legislators, Koch funding has helped “tutor” hundreds of judges with all-expenses-paid junkets at fancy resorts, where they learn about the “free market” impact of their rulings. But ALEC also operates like an arm of the Koch agenda, circulating bills that make their vision of the world concrete. For a mere $25,000 a year, Koch Industries sits as an “equal” board member with state legislators, influencing bills that serve as a wish list for its financial or ideological interests. It’s a pittance for the Kochs but far out of the reach of working Americans. Ordinary citizens rely on our elected representatives’ efforts to restore what’s left of the American Dream. But through ALEC, billionaire industrialists are purchasing a version that seems like a real nightmare for most Americans.-
See more at: http://www.thenation.com/article/161973/alec-...
They have helped in the planning for two years to shut the gov't down and steamroll Obamacare. They work to make our President and the country FAIL. They still haven't been able to BUY an election yet despite their billions of dollars in efforts. hahaha
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Crud. The email from SumOfUs saying that Google had joined ALEC was bad enough. If it's funded by the Kook brothers that makes it a hundred times worse!

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#127101 Oct 5, 2013
Ok, my Libtart pals, I'm outta here. Every time the wind changes direction I lose my signal, so I'm taking that as a sign from the Universe that it's time to get busy!

Hope you all have a great, great day (or a great, great nap in your case RC Co-Cola ;)) and I'll probably see you tonight.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127102 Oct 5, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
:-D Newport.....he's probably doing his best to turn that loss into a win.
Can't expect much with these Internet colleges nowadays.
Or he'll fall back on the typical republican tactic of changing names and saying that was never him.
Was fun to watch tho.
"Or he'll fall back on the typical republican tactic of changing names and saying that was never him."

I'm going with that one. lol I said he was washing his socks...wow, he is the King of Socks.

He's probably sniffing the crazy loon out on all those threads they troll.

It WAS fun to watch. BRAVO

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#127103 Oct 5, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
CONtinued:

Through the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation, the Institute for Humane Studies administers the Hayek Fund for Scholars and sister programs to fund academics and staffers for like-minded groups across the country.“Charles G. Koch Fellows” and interns stock ALEC, and have gone on to direct ALEC task forces. Another David Koch project, Citizens for a Sound Economy—which launched the effort to repeal Glass-Steagall protections keeping banks from gambling in securities—helped fuel the fight for “free trade,” an unpopular policy in the 1980s. The North American Free Trade Agreement passed with help from CSE and its corporate allies. ALEC resolutions for state legislators have long supported such trade agreements in the face of local concerns about job losses, and today the Koch free-market fantasy is reflected in ALEC’s support for free trade pacts with Korea, Georgia, Colombia and other countries. On just about every issue taken on by Koch’s CSE, ALEC has provided legislative tools to carry them through to state legislatures, from privatizing “federal and state services and assets,” as CSE put it, to blocking common-sense caps on unlimited credit card interest rates. ALEC and the Kochs often pursue parallel tracks. Just as ALEC “educates” legislators, Koch funding has helped “tutor” hundreds of judges with all-expenses-paid junkets at fancy resorts, where they learn about the “free market” impact of their rulings. But ALEC also operates like an arm of the Koch agenda, circulating bills that make their vision of the world concrete. For a mere $25,000 a year, Koch Industries sits as an “equal” board member with state legislators, influencing bills that serve as a wish list for its financial or ideological interests. It’s a pittance for the Kochs but far out of the reach of working Americans. Ordinary citizens rely on our elected representatives’ efforts to restore what’s left of the American Dream. But through ALEC, billionaire industrialists are purchasing a version that seems like a real nightmare for most Americans.-

See more at: http://www.thenation.com/article/161973/alec-...

They have helped in the planning for two years to shut the gov't down and steamroll Obamacare. They work to make our President and the country FAIL. They still haven't been able to BUY an election yet despite their billions of dollars in efforts. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Sad but true.... The Koch brothers have been very damaging to our country. Huge money corrupts small minded greedy republicans.

Small minded sheeple republican voters can't grasp how they are helping kill our country by voting for these idiots.
Uncle Tab

United States

#127104 Oct 5, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>"Or he'll fall back on the typical republican tactic of changing names and saying that was never him."

I'm going with that one. lol I said he was washing his socks...wow, he is the King of Socks.

He's probably sniffing the crazy loon out on all those threads they troll.

It WAS fun to watch. BRAVO

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
It was very fun to watch Newport own him. And it was even funnier when the idiot republican said over and over that NP was wrong, then NP put up the link proving he was right..... Then complete and utter silence!! I laughed my ass off at the idiot being SO sure on that 'simple 6th grade math problem' that he couldn't solve himself.

:-D

Hey republicans!!!!!

Are You Smarter Than 6th grader??

No.....no you are not.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Idiots.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127105 Oct 5, 2013
R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Conservatives say they need it in shutdown debate

Washington (CNN)-- The great government shutdown of 2013 is about Obamacare and budget priorities, but it also is about respect.

In short, conservative House Republicans don't think they get enough of it from President Barack Obama and the Senate.

"Republicans are now in a position where they don't want to cave in because it sets a bad precedent that the Senate would be somewhat dictating how the House runs," GOP Rep. Michael Grimm of New York said this week.

Conservative Rep. Marlin Stutzman of Indiana went further, telling the Washington Examiner that "we're not going to be disrespected."

"We have to get something out of this," he said. "And I don't know what that even is."
Stutzman's office confirmed that he said it but issued a statement Thursday in which the congressman said he "carelessly misrepresented the ongoing budget debate."

"If you're being disrespected, it's because of that attitude you've got, that you deserve to get something for doing your job," Obama said at a campaign-style event Thursday in Rockville, Maryland.

At issue is a short-term spending plan that would fund the government in the new fiscal year that started Tuesday.

The congressional stalemate pits a conservative GOP wing that wants to abolish the Affordable Care Act against Democrats trying to protect Obama's landmark health care reforms passed in 2010 and upheld by the Supreme Court last year.

Add to that the longstanding resentment by GOP conservatives who say their constituents and views are ignored by Democrats and the mainstream media, which also motivates their stand to link funding the government to dismantling Obamacare.

In particular, they want to halt the pattern of the Republican-led House being forced to accede to the will of Obama and the Democratic-led Senate, as occurred in the past year over emergency funding in response to Superstorm Sandy and when Congress voted to raise tax rates on high-income Americans despite a conservative pledge against any tax increases.

However, Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid have rejected GOP efforts to use the government funding issue and upcoming debt ceiling deadline as leverage in seeking partisan goals such as dismantling the Affordable Care Act.

An unclear GOP strategy also has opened conservatives to criticism that their demands created a path to the shutdown without a way of getting out.

Reid told CNN Chief Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash on Thursday that tea party conservatives he described as "anarchists" were setting the GOP agenda, with Boehner going along because he feared that he would otherwise lose his leadership post.

Now, House conservatives take umbrage with the heated rhetoric from Obama and Reid as frustration has risen with the government shutdown.

Reid also said Boehner lacked courage for refusing to hold a House vote on the Senate-passed "clean" spending plan -- one with no anti-Obamacare provisions -- that would end the government shutdown.

Obama also challenged Boehner on the issue, saying Thursday that the shutdown would end immediately if Boehner allowed such a vote.

"Put it on the floor and let every individual member of Congress make up their own minds, and they can show the American people are you for a shutdown or not," Obama said, adding that House Republicans need to stop what he called careening from crisis to crisis instead of fulfilling their congressional responsibilities.

Grimm said Thursday that such criticism harms the prospects for negotiating some kind of agreement.

"If you want a deal done in the boardroom, you don't assault people before you walk in," he said, adding that "you're talking about human beings"
and noting, "The speaker is a human being, too."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/04/politics/shutdo...

Aretha Franklin - Respect

haha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127106 Oct 5, 2013
Hagel: Most civilian DOD workers can return next week

Washington (CNN)-- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced Saturday that "most [Department of Defense] civilians placed on emergency furlough during the government shutdown will be asked to return to work beginning next week."

The ongoing government shutdown has left more than 800,000 workers furloughed for the past five days -- roughly half of those are civilians working for the Pentagon.

Hagel says Pentagon and Justice Department attorneys have concluded that the law does allow the Department of Defense to eliminate furloughs for employees whose responsibilities contribute to the morale, well-being, capabilities and readiness of service members.

Hagel says he's directing that employees who fall under these categories be identified.

"I expect us to be able to significantly reduce -- but not eliminate -- civilian furloughs under this process," Hagel said in a statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/05/politics/govern...

"for employees whose responsibilities contribute to the morale, well-being, capabilities and readiness of service members."

As a federal retiree, I would say they should declare all 800,000 federal employees are just that.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#127107 Oct 5, 2013
republiCONS wrote:

Washington (CNN)-- The great government shutdown of 2013 is about Obamacare and budget priorities, but it also is about respect.

In short, conservative House Republicans don't think they get enough of it from President Barack Obama and the Senate.

"Republicans are now in a position where they don't want to cave in because it sets a bad precedent that the Senate would be somewhat dictating how the House runs," GOP Rep. Michael Grimm of New York said this week.

Conservative Rep. Marlin Stutzman of Indiana went further, telling the Washington Examiner that "we're not going to be disrespected."

"We have to get something out of this," he said. "And I don't know what that even is."
Stutzman's office confirmed that he said it but issued a statement Thursday in which the congressman said he "carelessly misrepresented the ongoing budget debate."

"If you're being disrespected, it's because of that attitude you've got, that you deserve to get something for doing your job," Obama said at a campaign-style event Thursday in Rockville, Maryland.

At issue is a short-term spending plan that would fund the government in the new fiscal year that started Tuesday.

The congressional stalemate pits a conservative GOP wing that wants to abolish the Affordable Care Act against Democrats trying to protect Obama's landmark health care reforms passed in 2010 and upheld by the Supreme Court last year.

Add to that the longstanding resentment by GOP conservatives who say their constituents and views are ignored by Democrats and the mainstream media, which also motivates their stand to link funding the government to dismantling Obamacare.

In particular, they want to halt the pattern of the Republican-led House being forced to accede to the will of Obama and the Democratic-led Senate, as occurred in the past year over emergency funding in response to Superstorm Sandy and when Congress voted to raise tax rates on high-income Americans despite a conservative pledge against any tax increases.

However, Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid have rejected GOP efforts to use the government funding issue and upcoming debt ceiling deadline as leverage in seeking partisan goals such as dismantling the Affordable Care Act.

An unclear GOP strategy also has opened conservatives to criticism that their demands created a path to the shutdown without a way of getting out.

Reid told CNN Chief Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash on Thursday that tea party conservatives he described as "anarchists" were setting the GOP agenda, with Boehner going along because he feared that he would otherwise lose his leadership post.

Now, House conservatives take umbrage with the heated rhetoric from Obama and Reid as frustration has risen with the government shutdown.

Reid also said Boehner lacked courage for refusing to hold a House vote on the Senate-passed "clean" spending plan -- one with no anti-Obamacare provisions -- that would end the government shutdown.

"If you want a deal done in the boardroom, you don't assault people before you walk in," he said, adding that "you're talking about human beings"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8UYcjDlSdnwXX

haha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
It's hilarious to me that these ignorant republicans just pass on the FACT that Bonehead Faketan won't let the vote happen.

They endlessly blame Obama and have no clue as to the facts involved.

That's that good ol republican news outlets keeping you republicans dumbed down so you eat that big pile every day without question.

[email protected] imbeciles!
Uncle Tab

United States

#127108 Oct 5, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
Hagel: Most civilian DOD workers can return next week

Washington (CNN)-- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced Saturday that "most [Department of Defense] civilians placed on emergency furlough during the government shutdown will be asked to return to work beginning next week."

The ongoing government shutdown has left more than 800,000 workers furloughed for the past five days -- roughly half of those are civilians working for the Pentagon.

Hagel says Pentagon and Justice Department attorneys have concluded that the law does allow the Department of Defense to eliminate furloughs for employees whose responsibilities contribute to the morale, well-being, capabilities and readiness of service members.

Hagel says he's directing that employees who fall under these categories be identified.

"I expect us to be able to significantly reduce -- but not eliminate -- civilian furloughs under this process," Hagel said in a statement.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/05/politics/govern...

"for employees whose responsibilities contribute to the morale, well-being, capabilities and readiness of service members."

As a federal retiree, I would say they should declare all 800,000 federal employees are just that.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Getting people back to work, again, with no help from and without republicans.

Great news!! Thanks for sharing that.
Me Wise Magic

Bardstown, KY

#127109 Oct 5, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
[email protected] being smart enough to know when doing sound checks the mic is hot and recorded.
Priceless republican stupidity.
And poor Rand, wanting to reword polls to try to change Americas opinion on them in favor of republicans.
It is what it is republicans.... America is pissed off and we all know you're in the pockets of big hospitals and pharmaceutical companies..... But unborn babies have no paycheck for you.
Just a fact. No one can dispute it. Horrible human beings.
Priceless stupidly???

Two words - Joe Biden.
A quote -(to a wheelchair-bound man)- "Stand up so they can see you...."

In the words of Howard Dean - Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ...
really

United States

#127110 Oct 5, 2013
Huh
American Lady

Danville, KY

#127111 Oct 5, 2013
republiCONS wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8UYcjDlSdnwXX
haha
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
The FIRST "smart" thing I've seen you post :)
out of ALL the SPAM you FILL this board with :D
Gotta go ...
Just "Cruzing" by ...

Came in for a minute ...
In AND out !!!

Toodles ...

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#127112 Oct 5, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Keep on spreading the hate. The only name Dems used for Bush was dumb. It pretty much covered it all.
True, as odoodles is Dummer

Paris

#127113 Oct 5, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>Getting people back to work, again, with no help from and without republicans.

Great news!! Thanks for sharing that.
Why Lie.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127114 Oct 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
The FIRST "smart" thing I've seen you post :)
out of ALL the SPAM you FILL this board with :D
Gotta go ...
Just "Cruzing" by ...
Came in for a minute ...
In AND out !!!
Toodles ...
Go suck a Jose bottle crazy lady. You should talk about spam with all the jihad shit you post. Crazed cruzing is what you do best. Don't hurry back on our account. We don't miss you.

BTW...there is NO RESPECT for CONS shutting down the gov't after trying to repeal Obamacare for the 42nd time. It is LAW....get over it.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH THE WITCH

DITCH MITCH

Paris

#127115 Oct 5, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>It's hilarious to me that these ignorant republicans just pass on the FACT that Bonehead Faketan won't let the vote happen.

They endlessly blame Obama and have no clue as to the facts involved.

That's that good ol republican news outlets keeping you republicans dumbed down so you eat that big pile every day without question.

[email protected] imbeciles!
You are dumber than Mikro babble. Obama has promised three hundred million to Detroit. Funny after shutting down the WWII memorial to veterans of the greatest generation due to funding. What a joke rebuild a ghetto or fund veterans. That is classless Obama.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127116 Oct 5, 2013
Federal shutdown idles Air Force expert honored for saving government $1 billion

One member of the despised federal bureaucracy locked out of work this week is Air Force energy expert Kevin Geiss of Alexandria. He found ways to save the government more than $1 billion in 2012 and just wants to get back to the office to save even more.

Another is fire protection engineer Dan Madrzykowski of Damascus. His furlough meant missing a meeting Wednesday in Fairfax of the International Association of Fire Chiefs, where he was to help launch a project to publicize new research on saving firefighters’ lives.

Way to go, Washington politicians. Heaven knows it’s crucial to prevent such people from doing their jobs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/federal-s...

In the long run, the shut down will cost taxpayers more than they realize. Teabagging CONS OWN the shutdown and the cost to taxpayers. WE won't forget.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

United States

#127117 Oct 5, 2013
Me Wise Magic wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless stupidly???
Two words - Joe Biden.
A quote -(to a wheelchair-bound man)- "Stand up so they can see you...."
In the words of Howard Dean - Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ...
Joe Biden must be in prison for talking stupid ...we don't see him anymore...!! Or maybe permanently having foot inside his mouth so can't talk anymore.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#127118 Oct 5, 2013
Proof where they wanted to "take the country back" to....teabagger mentality. Too bad the MAJORITY chose to move FORWARD, not BACKWARD.

The rise of the New Confederacy

It took on new force with fears of the federal government in Washington interfering with their cherished way of life. It gathered steam with the election of Abraham Lincoln in 1860. And it all came into full flower when shore batteries fired on Fort Sumter. It was the spirit of the Old Confederacy, a state-sponsored rebellion hellbent on protecting its “peace and safety” from the party that took possession of the government on March 4, 1861.

The rebels launched a grisly war against the Union. In his inaugural address, Lincoln warned the Confederacy:“You have no oath registered in Heaven to destroy the government, while I shall have the most solemn one to preserve, protect and defend it.”

“Peace and safety” are ideals drawn from South Carolina’s Dec. 24, 1860, declaration of secession from the Union. The expression was designed to encompass all that the Deep South states held dear — chiefly, their existence as sovereign states and their ability to decide the propriety of their domestic institutions, including slavery.

This virulent hostility to the Union led the Old Confederacy to conclude — as expressed by South Carolina — that with Lincoln’s elevation to the presidency,“the slaveholding States will no longer have the power of self-government, or self-protection, and the Federal Government will have become their enemy.”

Federal government as the enemy.

Today there is a New Confederacy, an insurgent political force that has captured the Republican Party and is taking up where the Old Confederacy left off in its efforts to bring down the federal government.

No shelling of a Union fort, no bloody battlefield clashes, no Good Friday assassination of a hated president — none of that nauseating, horrendous stuff. But the behavior is, nonetheless, malicious and appalling.

The New Confederacy, as churlish toward President Obama as the Old Confederacy was to Lincoln, has accomplished what its predecessor could not: It has shut down the federal government, and without even firing a weapon or taking 620,000 lives, as did the Old Confederacy’s instigated Civil War.

Not stopping there, however, the New Confederacy aims to destroy the full faith and credit of the United States, setting off economic calamity at home and abroad — all in the name of “fiscal sanity.”

Its members are as extreme as their ideological forebears. It matters not to them, as it didn’t to the Old Confederacy, whether they ultimately go down in flames. So what? For the moment, they are getting what they want: a federal government in the ditch, restrained from seeking to create a more humane society that extends justice for all.
The ghosts of the Old Confederacy have to be envious.

South Carolina wept and wailed as it withdrew from the Union, citing the Supreme Court’s 1857 Dred Scott decision when it noted that states in the North had elevated to citizenship “persons who, by the supreme law of the land, are incapable of becoming citizens; and their votes have been used to inaugurate a new policy, hostile to the South, and destructive of its beliefs and safety.”

Not to worry, Old South, the New Confederacy’s spirit is on the move.

In June, the Supreme Court got rid of fundamental legal protections against racial discrimination in voting.

Legislation aimed at suppressing votes is pending across the country, notably in the Deep South.
Hold on to that Confederate money, y’all. Jim Crow just might rise again.

CONtinued:

RIP TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min jeb stuart 84,230
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 hr Dalai Lama 92,097
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 8 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 105,918
Election Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 25 Have a Koch and a... 748
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... (Oct '14) Aug 25 So Stupid 53
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) Aug 25 SeekTruth 83,882
Election Who's got your vote in the Pennsylvania Attorne... (Oct '14) Aug 21 Julia 5
More from around the web