'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 213354 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Profiler

Russell Springs, KY

#125037 Sep 26, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
You figure it out. Go profile it in your research engine and look at the teabagger picture with Sinclair's caption. Fits perfectly.
The Tea Party
Because having an 18 Century Government in a 21st Century world makes sense to us.
There is something drastically wrong in America when the same political party that tries to take away
Voting rights
Civil Rights
Human Rights
Religious Rights
Social Rights and
Constitutional Rights encourage people to take up arms in fear that the "government" is taking away our rights
"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men for the nastiest of motives will somehow work for the benefit of all"
- John Maynard Keynes
"Many in this group (of the Tea Party) didn't come to power to get things done. They came to power to keep things from getting done."
It all sounds like teabaggers to me.
RIP TEABAGGING GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
I didn't use the term 'filibuster'. I also didn't read your entire post. I did pick the term 'teabagging' out though and find that comical. Teabagging is a homosexual act (typically) and homosexuals (typically) vote Democrat LOL. You're kinda dissing your fellow party members. What religious rights have Conservatives tried to take away? What civil rights? You are aware that Democrats fought against the Civil Rights acts that Republicans brought up in the 50s and 60s , right? I can follow and argue with logical arguments. Your rants, however, are not logical.

Let's get to the meat of things. You don't like Conservatives because: they expect you to work for your own food and housing, feed your own children (assuming you haven't aborted them), seek to protect unborn children, they don't condone state-sanctioned homosexuality, don't condone two male or female perverts adopting children, don't want the federal government taxing working people so that nonworking people can have free medical care and etc, etc etc.
Vern

Switzerland

#125038 Sep 26, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Stomp those icons sissy boy.......read these true quotes from some sensible CONS..
15 Snarky Republican Responses to Tea Party Ted’s Government Shutdown Plan
1.“My sound bite is to say he’s a fraud…[his tactics are] just a form of governmental terrorism.”– Peter King (R-NY)
2.”I think it’s the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard of.”- Richard Burr (R-NC)
3.“I don’t think you ought to try to blackmail the administration on a fight that they won politically in the House, the Senate, and the Supreme Court by threatening to shut down the government.”- Tom Cole (R-OK)
4.“Some of my Republican colleagues… would like to set up another one of these shutdown-the-government threats. And most Americans are really tired of those kinds of shenanigans here in Washington.”– John McCain (R-AZ)
5.”I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton, but I can count — the defunding box canyon is a tactic that will fail and weaken our position.”- Bob Corker (R-TN)
6.“For us to say you’ve got to repeal Obamacare in order [for Republicans to negotiate with the Democrats]… that’s a suicide note.”– John McCain (R-AZ)
7.”Wendy Davis has more balls than Ted Cruz.”– Anonymous House Leadership Aide
8.“Thank God [Ted Cruz] wasn’t there fighting at the Alamo… Wave white flag and surrender.”- Sean Duffy (R-WI)
9.“He’s an amateur… Nancy Pelosi is more well-liked around here.”– Anonymous House Aide
10.“It’s foolish [not to fund the government].”- Richard Shelby (R-Ala.)
11.“I am one of those who says, let’s not shut down the government just because you don’t get everything you want.”– Mark Kirk (R-IL)
12.“I know that some people are discussing filibusters, but I actually think we’re at the point now where we can’t shut down the government. It’s like burning down the house to get rid of the mice or rats.”– John Cornyn (R-TX)
13.“I think it is a huge mistake to link the defunding of Obamacare to a government shutdown. We have an obligation to govern in Washington, and it would create chaos if government were to shut down.” Susan Collins (R-ME)
14.“We were elected to govern – you don’t govern by shutting down the government.”- Jim Risch (R-ID)
15.”It’s not an achievable strategy. It’s creating the false impression that you can do something when you can’t. And it’s dishonest.”- Tom Coburn (R-OK)
Finally, if I hear anyone call what Senator Cruz did the other day a,“filibuster of Obamacare“ again, I’m gonna bug out. You can’t filibuster a bill after it’s passed into law. What Cruz did was a clown show, not a filibuster. Want to see a filibuster?? Google Wendy Davis.
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/15-snarky-...
Love it when they eat their own. Just PRICELESS
RIP TEABAGGING GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
why don't you go out in the sunshine and enjoy your retirement. I did and now my day is about over. Early evening here but I am out to enjoy it too, crybaby. Are you ready for major money loss with obamacare. Real smart voting for that insurance idea. You will pay and get what you voted for. You will have to live with a major mistake. You Americans helped yourself to get railroaded! How uninformed we're the majority er losers for all.
Profiler

Russell Springs, KY

#125039 Sep 26, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>It is the Law Stupid.
Do you understand now Dumba--?
"Distain"
Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
Uhhhhhh did you ask if it was law? Or did you ask me to name a Republican who sought limited government? Laugh your FAO all you want, though I'd advise doing only when you've accomplished something.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#125040 Sep 26, 2013
Lies, what republiCONS do best, like these repuke posters do best..

Fact: The Majority of Americans do NOT Support Defunding “Obamacare”

The one thing that baffles me the most about Republicans as it relates to the Affordable Care Act (aka “Obamacare”) is their persistent lies.

From the law’s inception, Republicans have spent countless hours and unheard of amounts of money on smear campaigns against the law. You would think this over the top attack on the law would prompt some conservative voters to stop and think to themselves,“This seems a little excessive, I might want to question their motives.”

Especially the lying. Then again most conservative voters never question what they’re told by the right-wing media, so they really don’t know that they’re being blatantly lied to.

Whenever I’m faced with an anti-Obamacare conservative (which is pretty much all of them) I simply remind them that almost every single thing they “know” about the law is a lie, and nearly every comment someone from their party makes about the law is also a lie. I always like to ask them,“If the truth about the law is so terrible, why is there a need to lie? Shouldn’t the simple truth be enough?”

Take for example Florida Senator Marco Rubio’s recent claim that the majority of Americans support defunding Obamacare. A statement the fact-checking site Politifact ruled as “Mostly False.”
Of course, as Politifact noted in their decision, a clarification from Rubio was never received.
What Politifact did find is that the majority of Americans do not support defunding Obamacare. In fact, 57 percent oppose cutting funding while only 36 percent approve. Then if you factor in the situation of the government being shutdown to defund Obamacare, the numbers move even more favorably toward funding and away from defunding. When asked if they would support defunding of Obamacare by way of a government shutdown or default on our debt, only 19 percent of those who responded supported doing either.

So where exactly did Rubio come up with his false claims? Apparently he pulled his numbers from the “ultra reliable and absolutely not bias” Heritage Action poll—the polling arm of the Heritage foundation. And I’m sure in no way did they shape the wording of the poll or their “random sample” to benefit conservative talking points. But just for clarification on the demographics, Politifact did find out that their poll was done in 10 House districts, 6 of which are Republican controlled.

This reminds me of the “credible polls” I saw during last year’s presidential election by these conservative groups that showed Romney headed for a victory. Which of course didn’t happen, and it wasn’t even close to happening.

But Rubio’s distortion of the truth, and use of a completely bias poll for his claim, only goes to show yet another example of the right-wing fear mongering against the Affordable Care Act that’s almost entirely based on lies.

Which continues to prompt the question every liberal needs to ask every conservative —“If the truth about Obamacare is so bad, why do your elected officials keep lying about it?”

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/fact-the-m...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Profiler

Russell Springs, KY

#125041 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>"distain"
Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
Not once but twice.
You ignorant SOB, I knew you were uneducated and a twerp head.
Lmfao
You're correct! Finally! I should have spelled that disdain!

I would argue that you're the ignorant one because you cannot defend your positions and you resort to name-calling. Be a big boy, or big transgender or whatever else you are and defend your positions if you're going to present them.
You can claim I'm ignorant (rightfully) when you point out something other than a typo. You never address a counter to one of your crude statements. You're not debating, you're using Saul Alinsky techniques that are obsolete. Name calling may give you temporary satisfaction but doesn't substantiate anything.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#125042 Sep 26, 2013
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying I am all these people, yet the mods would know that if it were true, and remove me from topix period! I notice your new 'sock'(that Ohio freak) had 4 or 5 posts removed, so brag on, and show your stupidity some more! Oh yea your own posts are on the list too, you didn't mention that!
haha, I knew you were out there in the shadows ready to pounce in with your warped mentality. I may have had some removed, they are still on my screen like yours are. What's the numbers? I wasn't even here for most of them. But I was for the first ones where you were playing your little game. YOU are ari bobbysocks sissy boy, we all know that. You aren't that smart to conceal it. You always leave a clue forgetting which device, ip, proxy you are in. Keep playing, you have NOTHING else. I bet that Ohio poster followed you and your loon from another thread you troll. Keep crying little sissy. Change your icons, stomp on mine, have your posts removed. I don't care if mine are removed or you stomp your little whiny ass off on the icons. Just demonstrates what a wimp you are. Nothing but a coward clown sock. Piss off

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH THE SOCKS

DITCH MITCH
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

#125046 Sep 26, 2013
Profiler wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhhhh did you ask if it was law? Or did you ask me to name a Republican who sought limited government? Laugh your FAO all you want, though I'd advise doing only when you've accomplished something.
Profiler, trust me on this, that idiot is not worth the stress he will cause you! You could have a more informed debate with a tree stump! You could respond with a whole page of facts, and he would call you an ignorant POS, or some other 1 liner! We've learned to ignore him over the years, he is all fired up cause those other idiots are giveing him 'brilliant,funny, and agree', he has never been used to that!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#125047 Sep 26, 2013
PRICELESS

New Video Of Alison Lundergan Grimes Will Likely Kill Her Senate Chances, Depending On How Dumb Everyone Wants To Be

In previous dispatches on the Kentucky Senate race, I've noted that the many achievements of GOP Sen. Mitch McConnell's supporters include things like reading a book that Ashley Judd wrote, and noticing that Democratic contender Alison Lundergan Grimes' last name rhymes with stuff, and talking loud enough for the country's most hapless super PAC to overhear them at a closed door meeting. Chris Cillizza says the "most important thing" we've learned about McConnell's campaign is that they have a "lack of good opposition research on Grimes." But they do manage to spell Mitch McConnell's name right most of the time, so they have that going for them.

Well, that's all about to change. Apparently Kentucky College Republicans have shot a SHOCK VIDEO OMGZ of Grimes that had McConnell allies straight up jumping OFF. Buzzfeed's Andrew Kaczynski drolly notes: "Allies of her opponent, Mitch McConnell, who sent the video to a BuzzFeed reporter were very excited about it." Go read Kaczynski's piece and see for yourself. See how it excites you.

Wow, right? This video of Grimes being picked up by her husband at the airport is definitely a game-changer. Now, we just have to figure out why that is. Is it strange to be picked up at the airport by somebody? No. Only unloveable people don't have someone who will come get them at the airport. Is it the fact that she's riding around in a gas-guzzling SUV? No, this is Kentucky, and Grimes isn't really thought of as an environmentalist anyway. So what is it? The summary provided on the YouTube clip provides a clue:

Apparently Alison Lundergan Grimes, Kentucky's Secretary of State who is less than half way through her first term in her first public office, thinks she's so important that she needs to ride around town in the back seat of a black suburban...driven by personal chauffeur, her husband.

Oh, okay. This is apparently because Grimes got in the back seat of the SUV, instead of the passenger seat. Admittedly, that's a bit outside the norm. And I gather that the lesson we are supposed to extract is that Grimes is some sort of fancy-pants elitist person.

Ahh, you know what? Team McConnell really needs this one, so I'll say, "Nailed her!" Check your privilege, woman with a husband who loves her!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/25/alis...

Guess she isn't as easy to trash as Ashley. Desperate CONS, just too funny.

RIP GOP CONS

ALLISON 2014

DITCH MITCH
Profiler

Russell Springs, KY

#125048 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>We do not like Conservatives because they are stupid like you.
Now do you "distain"???
Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
Conservaturds do not want Government controlling what people do, except in the privacy of their own Bedrooms.
Lmfao
Again...name calling instead of debate. And no....we don't want to control what you and your bf or dog or toy or whatever do in your bedroom.
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

#125050 Sep 26, 2013
Profiler wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct! Finally! I should have spelled that disdain!
I would argue that you're the ignorant one because you cannot defend your positions and you resort to name-calling. Be a big boy, or big transgender or whatever else you are and defend your positions if you're going to present them.
You can claim I'm ignorant (rightfully) when you point out something other than a typo. You never address a counter to one of your crude statements. You're not debating, you're using Saul Alinsky techniques that are obsolete. Name calling may give you temporary satisfaction but doesn't substantiate anything.
Oh yea, he is the 'spell check' of topix as well! He didn't understand what you said, he is basking in the glow of someone telling him 'he is right'......about anything!
Profiler

Russell Springs, KY

#125051 Sep 26, 2013
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Profiler, trust me on this, that idiot is not worth the stress he will cause you! You could have a more informed debate with a tree stump! You could respond with a whole page of facts, and he would call you an ignorant POS, or some other 1 liner! We've learned to ignore him over the years, he is all fired up cause those other idiots are giveing him 'brilliant,funny, and agree', he has never been used to that!
I'm in full agreement with you! lol! He never addresses anything. His previous post.."Obamacare is the law".... completely avoided addressing one thing I said. I know ACORN picks some losers.... but typically they've had some debate training. This guy.... I'm starting to wonder lol
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#125054 Sep 26, 2013
Rush Limbaugh Tears Into Fox News For Ted Cruz Criticism (AUDIO)

Rush Limbaugh hammered Fox News on Wednesday for what he called the network's "trashing" of Sen. Ted Cruz.

On Monday, Brit Hume said that Cruz and other Republicans were being pressured by misguided members of the conservative media into pursuing a defunding of Obamacare and a potential government shutdown. Limbaugh was not pleased. He said he had expected to hear such talk from MSNBC or Politico, adding:

"Of all places Fox News trashing all over this, and Fox News essentially blaming me and other conservative media for making Ted Cruz what he is! Brit Hume, of all people, essentially said that Ted Cruz is who he is because he's being pressured by people like me. And left to his own devices, Cruz might not be doing this, is the implication.

He didn't actually say that. I was literally stunned watching this. The fact that, even after 21 hours, even at the beginning of it, they cannot at least admit that this is who the man is. He doesn't need any advisers here. He doesn't need any pressure. The man is not a coward. Ted Cruz isn't afraid of anybody. The real question is, what is the Republican establishment afraid of? What are some of these conservative media types at Fox News afraid of? What is the Washington establishment on the Republican side afraid of? Government shutdown, losing elections, what do you guys think you've been doing?"
(via Media Matters)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/25/rush...

Hilarious. I wish Calvin was here to get this and have a big laugh. He loves to make fun of rush and his buddy beck.

RIP TEABAGGING GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

#125055 Sep 26, 2013
Profiler wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in full agreement with you! lol! He never addresses anything. His previous post.."Obamacare is the law".... completely avoided addressing one thing I said. I know ACORN picks some losers.... but typically they've had some debate training. This guy.... I'm starting to wonder lol
He cannot understand the working mechanism of a marble!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#125056 Sep 26, 2013
Talking to yourself bobbysocks arivern? haha

PRICELESS

Make up some more socks. You are losing your touch.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#125057 Sep 26, 2013
Iran's leader won't MEET with the pRez ...
BUT
does with Farrakhan ...

Snap shot moment ...

:)

September 26, 2013
Peas in a Pod: Farrakhan sups with Rouhani
Rick Moran
Say you're the brand new leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran and you visit the US for the first time. Just who do you want coming to dinner?

Farrakhan and his entourage attended a dinner party hosted by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Tuesday night. Rouhani's dinner party was held on the second floor of the One UN Hotel, where the Iranian delegation is staying,

and at the same time as President Obama's party at the Waldorf Astoria just blocks away.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/09/p...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#125058 Sep 26, 2013
September 26, 2013
Obama Has Dismantled America
By Pamela Geller
Does the extinguished candle care about the darkness? Ask the huddled masses who are yearning to be free. America was once thought of as a light unto nations.

Obama has single-handedly extinguished that light.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/obama_...
Follow us:@AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
American Lady

Danville, KY

#125059 Sep 26, 2013
September 26, 2013
Ted Cruz: An American Moses?
By Jeannie DeAngelis

Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz, junior senator from Texas, embodied a powerful role with deep resonance in his marathon fight on the Senate floor against Obamacare.

He has rightly said of the battle America is currently involved in with Barack Obama and his ghoulish army of liberal Democrats: "This is life and death." And well it is!

"Life and death" is exactly how many Americans view the "train wreck" called ObamaCare.

Unlike the unwashed masses, the president, Congress and all their staffers, as well as a chosen few others will be immune.

Meanwhile, the rest of America is jammed into an oversized freight car while the Conductor-in-Chief directs it and us over the edge of a cliff.

Although many remain clueless, the truth is that the dire Obamacare situation is of biblical proportions.

Whether Americans realize it or not, if Obamacare is not stopped, the nation will embark on a 40-year slog through a healthcare wilderness that will result in very few of us, if any, making it out alive.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/ted_cr...
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

#125060 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>Did you get your teeth trimmed today you TN hicktard pos?
Do you "distain" like your fellow moron?
Why yes wtf, I am! First I "grew some teeth", like you told me to! And yes I spell it just like that, is there a problem?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#125061 Sep 26, 2013
September 26, 2013
Natural Born Irony
By Cindy Simpson

Do you hear it yet -- the familiar buzz of "birtherism" in the background? For it was the similar argument against Barack Obama's candidacy that many so-called "birthers" had been proclaiming since 2008 -- that Obama's dual citizenship precluded his eligibility.

Obama's own 2008 campaign website, "Fight the Smears," admitted his dual citizenship.

While FactCheck assured readers that Obama's Kenyan citizenship (inherited from his father) automatically expired when he was 23, others assert that Obama may still hold British citizenship to this day.

In addition, TheBlaze's Charles Johnson reported that Obama may have Indonesian citizenship as well.

The mainstream media, however, narrowly defined the "birther" label as a conspiratorial belief in a Kenyan birth, and the finer points of the issue were lost on most.

But could it be that the term "natural born" alluded not to place of birth or the various complex citizenship laws in effect at the time of birth, but rather simply to a condition of undivided allegiance from birth?

If allegiance were not the issue, why would the framers have instituted eligibility restrictions in the first place?

The generally accepted view today is that birth in the USA, under any circumstances, means "born a citizen." Our sensibilities are offended, though, to consider that, for example, Anwar al-Awlaki (born in New Mexico to Yemeni parents here legally as students), children of birth tourists (here with valid passports), and children of illegal aliens are not only U.S. citizens with dual foreign citizenship, but are "natural born" -- while experts fret over the status of citizens such as John McCain or Ted Cruz.
No one is arguing that Cruz was not a citizen at birth, and although he was born with dual citizenship, it is apparent that not only did he not realize that he had Canadian citizenship, but he never used it. His citizenship, at birth, may have been dual -- but his allegiance has always been singular.

o one knows for sure whether "citizen of the world" Obama was a "civic bigamist." Some have speculated that such may be reason for the "tomb-like silence" around his college records, applications, and transcripts. His passport records were apparently interesting to someone in March of 2008, and just a couple of weeks after the "breach," Obama let slip his previously undisclosed stay in Pakistan after college.(There was also the months-long autobiography-writing retreat to Indonesia.)

I mention those tidbits not to suggest a conspiracy, but rather to note the frustration over the mainstream media's failure to ask such questions -- or, if they did, to fill us in on the answers.

Sarah Palin recently revealed that her handlers told her "hands off" regarding Obama's background.

In the meantime, while experts argue over a candidate's eligibility for the presidency as a natural born citizen, in practice, we grant "natural born" citizenship to every baby born in the U.S. to mothers here illegally. And the attached price tag is staggering. A recent headline in California: "Undocumented LA county parents projected to receive $650 million in welfare benefits."
Yet the hundreds of pages of proposed immigration reform contain not a single word about the birthright citizenship issue.

Instead, the same pundits who ridiculed the "birthers" and Tea Partiers are now using citizenship arguments against a potential candidate who is a favorite of the Tea Party

~~ a brave senator who has the audacity to attempt to undo some of the damaging "transformation" wreaked by this president on our nation.

Oh the irony.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/natura...
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

#125062 Sep 26, 2013
I just say the 'high yellow' POTUS on TV bragging about how obozocare would not be defunded while he is president? Does he understand if it happens, he can't stop it? No, I suppose he is as stupid as his fans are!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 8 min Mississippi gurl 50,395
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 15 min Cavecanemdog 103,465
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr WhoaBuddy 76,760
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 hr Pork 86,761
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 10 hr WarForOil 83,497
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Ohio's 6th ... (Oct '14) 18 hr DDD 5
Election Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 23 hr Hawk wont bawk 7,076
More from around the web