'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121388 Sep 7, 2013
Marco Rubio Shifts Stance on Syria, Decides He’d Rather Play Partisan Politics

When I first read this story I had to make sure I wasn’t reading something from The Onion, because it was just so pathetic. I mean, I joke often about how Republicans would probably instantly become Democrats if President Obama decided to switch parties one day, but really the means at which some of these people will go to oppose anything he supports is simply absurd.

So when I read that Marco Rubio has switched positions on Syria, I literally laughed.
Of course he did.

But what prompted this shift? Was it new information coming from Syria? Was it public opinion? Was it his concern for the aftermath following our involvement?

Nope.

He’s apparently decided to join Rand Paul and Ted Cruz in voting “no” on Obama’s resolution for military involvement in Syria because “it isn’t enough.” Apparently, he’s saying now that it’s too late—the administration “has missed the boat.”

Now don’t mistake things, Rubio still believes we should send our military into Syria — he’s just apparently not going to vote for Obama’s resolution on the matter.

“But that doesn’t make sense,” you say. Well, it does if you’re a Republican.

According to Rubio, the delay in getting involved in Syria (he believes we should have gone in 2 years ago and apparently believes we should send our troops into any Middle Eastern country experiencing turmoil) was a catastrophic failure by the Obama administration, and his calls for “limited airstrikes” will only “make things worse.”

Well, Rubio should know something about “making things worse.” He is a Republican, after all.

But his response is nothing that should really surprise anyone. A man who’s advocated for military action seemingly opposes calls from Obama to take that action—”because it’s not enough.”
So while Obama sat back and hoped the Syrian conflict would work itself out (as inhumane as that sounds, we simply cannot be the world’s police the instant conflict arises) Rubio would have sent our military full-force into Syria two years ago.

Because that’s exactly what we needed was a third war to contend with.

Rubio called for Syria involvement for two years, then as soon as the tide started to shift with the Obama administration and the “writing was on the wall” that the president would soon call for action—now it seems Rubio decided to move away from supporting involvement in the country.

He’s decided to turn Obama’s call for action into a catalyst to launch yet another Republican attack on the president. Which, of course, is what you should expect.

While Obama came out and made his intentions clear about his desire to use our military in Syria (something very unpopular with many liberals), Republicans like Rubio, Paul and Cruz would rather use this situation to further their 2016 presidential aspirations.

Though you might not want to ask Senator Paul what happens when you try and stage campaign posturing in a debate about war, seeing as he got flat out embarrassed by Secretary of State John Kerry.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/marco-rubi...

"Rather Play Partisan Politics" on EVERYTHING and will never get anything done for our country, let alone another. It will bite them in the ass long come elections.

They never pass up a photo op of their teabagger mentality of GRANDstanding.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121389 Sep 7, 2013
Chris Christie Explains Chemical Weapons to Children

At an elementary school Q&A, the governor expounded on everything from tax policy to his building skills.

Responding to a question on Syria from a 12-year-old who watches "a lot" of CNN, Christie said that chemical weapons are "an awful thing," but that the situation is "complicated." The governor may've been toning down his language to speak to a preteen, but the rest of his answer on Syria really isn't so different from what we've heard from other politicians who are on the fence when it comes to a missile strike:

I think the president is having a hard time figuring exactly what it is he wants to do. We'll see what the president and Congress come up with, but the use of those weapons is a bad thing and it's not something that we should permit folks from countries around the world to do.

Even the "bad thing" line isn't so different from the "bad guys" Secretary of State John Kerry and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., told us about this week. Either Christie is particularly adept at talking with children like they're adults, or—at least on Syria—many politicians have been talking to adults like they're children.

Christie kept up the "bad things" talk when he got a question from a student on "illegal guns." There's no solution that can prevent all violence, Christie told the kids, because "the truth is that bad people do bad things."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/chris...

Maybe him and rush could get together and write one on how little children such as themselves with their mothers are being gassed and have illustrations. I think their parents should be explaining it, not some full time campaigning politician. Pretty sad.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121390 Sep 7, 2013
Bevin ties McConnell to 'offensive' crack about Grimes

WASHINGTON — Kentucky U.S. Senate candidate Matt Bevin on Thursday called "highly offensive" a Republican spokesman's reference to Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes as an "empty dress."
"I find it offensive — highly offensive," Bevin said in an interview with The Courier-Journal and USA TODAY. He is challenging Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., for the GOP Senate nomination next year.

"I am married and I have six daughters," Bevin said. Such comments about Grimes, who is running for the Democratic Senate nomination, were "insulting and rude," he said.

The comment was "beneath the dignity of a United States senator," Bevin said.

The remark was not made by McConnell but by Brad Dayspring, communications director for the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Dayspring wrote in an e-mail to The Hill Wednesday that Grimes was an "empty dress" and "babbles incoherently" on issues.

Bevin said "the NRSC and McConnell (campaign) are one in the same," noting that a top McConnell aide left the senator's office and joined the NRSC, where he helps the McConnell campaign.

Allison Moore, spokeswoman for the McConnell campaign, responded in an e-mail: "In case there was any doubt that Matt 'Bailout' Bevin and Barack Obama were playing on the same team, he removed all doubt by participating in a ridiculous smear by association conjured up in the minds of left-wing partisans."

"When Matt 'Bailout' Bevin told Alison Lundergan Grimes at Fancy Farm,'we're on the same team here I'll tell you that much' it was the first time he's actually kept his word," Moore said.
Democrats have pounced on the "empty dress" remark as sexist, saying it is an example of the Republican Party's inability to connect with female voters.

Bevin agreed that Dayspring's comment was counterproductive to the GOP's efforts to expand its base.

"This is not a way to bridge the gap" with female voters, Bevin said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2013...

LOSING the "GOP's efforts to expand its base". Typical. Thanks Bevin, for pointing all this out to fellow KENTUCKIANS.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121391 Sep 7, 2013
Well, none of the losers show up to deny or defend their loser parties and I am out of here to go to a great festival. Wonderful weather for it. I will be back later to see the nonsense and get a big hearty laugh at the )8~D> batshit crazy loon, chemtrail and the arijay/bobbysocks. Oh and guess what lying, loser, lemmings?

I DON'T POST THOSE ARTICES FOR YOU.

Feel free to just read the drunk's babbling Winged Nut Daily, it is more your forte', half truths, trash, and ignorance. Suits you.

I hope all my libtart friends have a super Saturday. Enjoy, I will. See you later this evening.

Go nuts, clueless, flaming nuts. Try some fresh air today will you. Your babbling rants are getting stale. "ta ta"lol

RIP TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121392 Sep 7, 2013
The “community organizer” is at it again! Back on the campaign trail since it’s all he knows how to do. After being turned down flat by the world; on his lust to get America involved in a Muslim conflict; and seeing that congress is not going to vote with him, he will take his case to the American people. AKA back on the campaign trail! His loyal group of ignorant minions will be right behind him, unless they have to do any fighting that is! An organizer of tramps, thieves and crack heads is doing his damn best to start WWIII, for no other reason but to kill ‘whitey’!(My opinion; under protection of 1st amendment).
Tax payer

Vine Grove, KY

#121393 Sep 7, 2013
Yep!!
Vern

Switzerland

#121394 Sep 7, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
The “community organizer” is at it again! Back on the campaign trail since it’s all he knows how to do. After being turned down flat by the world; on his lust to get America involved in a Muslim conflict; and seeing that congress is not going to vote with him, he will take his case to the American people. AKA back on the campaign trail! His loyal group of ignorant minions will be right behind him, unless they have to do any fighting that is! An organizer of tramps, thieves and crack heads is doing his damn best to start WWIII, for no other reason but to kill ‘whitey’!(My opinion; under protection of 1st amendment).
This man is a pure fool! Who goes around mouthing off like he does, drawing lines with threats; then backs away while blaming or ignorantly pushing other countries into his blame game. The man is pi$$ing off too many leaders in other countries. America better back away from Syria now, because he has waited too long before sending just one smart tomahawk into a chemical weapons factory or storage center. They know where they are. America is setting up for failure over a religious war over oil and bitter evil intentions. America will be broke from within if she makes even one move now towards Syria. Stay home and keep the military on all our borders with the big guns pointed up and out toward any enemy. Obama has no plan to go in and get out....we can not afford to get into another war. Save those nice tomahawks to protect anyone coming into or near America for battle. America has no reason to be in Syria as babysitters for a people who are taught to hate America. Let them hate and shoot each other.
Vern

Switzerland

#121395 Sep 7, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Well, none of the losers show up to deny or defend their loser parties and I am out of here to go to a great festival. Wonderful weather for it. I will be back later to see the nonsense and get a big hearty laugh at the )8~D> batshit crazy loon, chemtrail and the arijay/bobbysocks. Oh and guess what lying, loser, lemmings?
I DON'T POST THOSE ARTICES FOR YOU.
Feel free to just read the drunk's babbling Winged Nut Daily, it is more your forte', half truths, trash, and ignorance. Suits you.
I hope all my libtart friends have a super Saturday. Enjoy, I will. See you later this evening.
Go nuts, clueless, flaming nuts. Try some fresh air today will you. Your babbling rants are getting stale. "ta ta"lol
RIP TEABAGGING GOP
DITCH MITCH
you are one sad and sick human being to post crap with every opinion you give! You call out others for doing what you do. Do you seriously not see you hand in as much if not more of the instigating? You know what I mean! You know.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121396 Sep 7, 2013
Vern wrote:
<quoted text>This man is a pure fool! Who goes around mouthing off like he does, drawing lines with threats; then backs away while blaming or ignorantly pushing other countries into his blame game. The man is pi$$ing off too many leaders in other countries. America better back away from Syria now, because he has waited too long before sending just one smart tomahawk into a chemical weapons factory or storage center. They know where they are. America is setting up for failure over a religious war over oil and bitter evil intentions. America will be broke from within if she makes even one move now towards Syria. Stay home and keep the military on all our borders with the big guns pointed up and out toward any enemy. Obama has no plan to go in and get out....we can not afford to get into another war. Save those nice tomahawks to protect anyone coming into or near America for battle. America has no reason to be in Syria as babysitters for a people who are taught to hate America. Let them hate and shoot each other.
VERY WELL SAID!
Vern

Switzerland

#121397 Sep 7, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Well lQQkie who stayed up ALL night having a zodiac love fest. hahaha
What a bunch of loser lemmings and glad Chemtrail remembered to lockup the NUT house. hahaha PRICELESS
And what's with the arijay/bobbysocks trolls trying to figure out where everyone lives? haha Bunch of creepy stalker sybils. I have said over and over, I don't live anywhere near Campbellsville, not even 30 miles as the jr detective suggests. haha It must be writing a book about us, for someone who don't read our comments it sure gathers some facts we post, right down to my comfy bed/pillow and pool. hahaha Idiots
I see the proxy name/location jerkoff used my screen name once again to sling slanderous bullshit again. And ONCE AGAIN I have reported the creep. I must really chap his ass with my articles of truth. They have nothing but nonsense rhetoric and propaganda, but mostly just bullshit about anything but world events. Certainly no defense for their racist bigoted parties or clown candidates. Typical of CONS. Babbling nonsense and ignorant rants by the loon. hahaha
Sorry I missed you Crow, ILIH. Good job ripping them a new one. lol
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
see how over half of this is rhetoric defending your opinions. You know that is the beauty of America for now! You can freely give your opinion AND so can others. You will not accept that others may be right on point with that which you disagree. You are showing your belligerence by not accepting others opinions as possibly being correct and yours possibly being wrong. You show yourself to be a loser when you cannot disagree with grace. Yet you constantly call out others. You know what I mean! You have to! You show it in your words. It is so easy to read you as a new poster you repeat and act the same from day to day. Always a profiling yourself in the positive while those you disagree with, in the very negative. That is your ignorance day by day. You own it.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121399 Sep 7, 2013
Vern wrote:
<quoted text>This man is a pure fool! Who goes around mouthing off like he does, drawing lines with threats; then backs away while blaming or ignorantly pushing other countries into his blame game. The man is pi$$ing off too many leaders in other countries. America better back away from Syria now, because he has waited too long before sending just one smart tomahawk into a chemical weapons factory or storage center. They know where they are. America is setting up for failure over a religious war over oil and bitter evil intentions. America will be broke from within if she makes even one move now towards Syria. Stay home and keep the military on all our borders with the big guns pointed up and out toward any enemy. Obama has no plan to go in and get out....we can not afford to get into another war. Save those nice tomahawks to protect anyone coming into or near America for battle. America has no reason to be in Syria as babysitters for a people who are taught to hate America. Let them hate and shoot each other.
Amen ... and AGAIN!
A~M~E~N <3

Close ALL Borders!
Send ALL illegals back to THEIR home!
MAN the Borders! With MORAL Agents!

Been saying THIS for months!
You said it so 'eloquently' though :)

Ta ta ...
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121400 Sep 7, 2013
#109837 July 12 2013 Crow.
Enema, dear, if you're squirming that badly, perhaps some Preparation H would help? Better yet, turn off the damn TV and shut up. You keep posting the same nonsense over and over.

American Loony, may your prayer for acquittal fall on deaf ears. Zimmerman is a menace to society and should be locked away the rest of his miserable life.

You know, I'd like to see both of you in a predominantly black neighborhood, being followed by a black neighborhood watch volunteer with a gun. Think about that scenario, and ask yourselves if you'd still be spouting the same ridiculous gibberish.
#109176 July 10 2013 Crow.
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been talking about that for weeks. Let's talk about Zimmermans domestic violence charges instead.
Aren't you a self professed victim of domestic violence?
Well said, although I doubt American Loony will comply with your request.

Your post does invite an interesting theory; she was beaten by her lesbian lover, which could account for both her homophobia and obvious brain damage. Bitterness about this lack of mental acuity could explain why she constantly adds "tard" as a suffix.

While I do not condone violence, domestic or otherwise, it's certainly understandable in this case. It's just a shame they didn't finish her off.
#109181 July 10 2013 Crow.
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
They just lie, get caught, then claim they're Christian's.
It's just pathetic.
The sad thing about it is.... She's so mentally disturbed.... She just keeps going.
I understand why her poor family doesn't communicate with her anymore. They got tired of the mental issues long ago
It's been my experience that those who proclaim their "Christianity" the loudest are usually least likely to exhibit truly Christian behavior. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when she meets her Creator and has to explain some of the posts she's made on here. I can't even begin to imagine the level of erratic behavior she exhibits in person. Her poor family, indeed.

My guess is that she's non-compliant with her meds. She won't take her Thorazine (or whatever elephant tranquilizer she needs) because she doesn't think she's crazy, and has deluded herself into thinking that all will be right with the world as soon as a Republican is in the White House again.
All posted from Marysville IN!
Proof you wanted crow!
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121401 Sep 7, 2013
Guess you forgot the, posts before you registered your name with topix on July 13 2013, huh crow? I can post a bunch more if you like?

No "Google", no links, no bull, just your own words on the printed page, responding to your same old friends! It's like buying a Toyota crow, you ask for it, YOU GOT IT! HAHAHAHAHA. And everyone on here can check! Sizzle.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121402 Sep 7, 2013
Please note in post #109176, crow indicates she supports domestic violence for the person she is talking about "it's certainly understandable in this case. It's just a shame they didn't finish her off." Then states she wishes they had killed this person? And this bitch is reporting others for abuse?????

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#121403 Sep 7, 2013
This post may surprise some of you, but it shouldn't. I've stated more than once that I don't agree with every single thing the current administration's doing. This is definitely something I don't agree with, and none of you will either.

U.S. SECURITY PANEL CLEARS A CHINESE TAKEOVER OF SMITHFIELD FOODS (September 6, 2013, 6:25 PM)

Smithfield Foods won national security clearance on Friday for its proposed $4.7 billion sale to a Chinese meat processor, overcoming one of the biggest obstacles to a takeover.

The approval by an important government committee came despite the deep-seated skepticism of a group of lawmakers, who professed concern over a Chinese company owning Smithfield, America’s biggest pork producer.

Skeptics have repeatedly raised concerns about the possibility of compromised food safety standards. Members of the Senate Agriculture Committee held a hearing this summer reviewing whether foreign takeovers of American food producers were in the country’s best interests.

Senator Debbie Stabenow, Democrat of Michigan and chairwoman of the committee, said in a statement:“It remains unclear what factors the committee took into account in making its decision. We still do not know if the potential impact on American food security, the transfer of taxpayer-funded innovation to a foreign competitor, or China’s protectionist trade barriers were considered. It’s troubling that taxpayers have received no assurances that these critical issues have been taken into account in transferring control of one of America’s largest food producers to a Chinese competitor with a spotty record on food safety.”

Shuanghui has struggled with food quality controversies in the past. The company was at the center of a Chinese television investigation into sales of pork produced with clenbuterol, a food additive banned in the United States, the European Union and China because of health risks.

Though the Smithfield deal cleared the CFIUS review, it must still pass muster with the company’s shareholders, who are scheduled to vote on Sept. 24.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/09/06/nation...

There's another excellent article about it on Agri-Pulse:

http://www.agri-pulse.com/U.S.-federal-panel-...

Smithfield brands include Armour, Carando, Cook's Ham, Curly's Foods, Eckrich, Farmland, Gwaltney, Healthy Ones, John Morrell, Kretschmar, Margherita, and Smithfield.

Here's how to contact Smithfield:

http://www.smithfieldfoods.com/contact-us/

Here's the most current list I could find of Smithfield shareholders (there's two pages, Funds and Institutions). At least one of the listed Institutional shareholders, Starboard Value LP, is fighting the sale. Some of you have mentioned you have stock portfolios - check the list and see if any of your investments are on it. If they are, call your broker and and raise hell.

http://investors.morningstar.com/ownership/sh...

Sorry, I know this is honkin' long, but as a farmer this really ticks me off, and as a consumer of pork it terrifies me. China's safety standards are abysmal on every thing from lead-based paint on toys to melamine in dog food.

So rather than waste time posting silliness back to me, please, PLEASE make some noise instead with our Congressmen (McConnell, Paul and Guthrie), Smithfield Foods and their shareholders. I'm sure going to. We've only got a couple of weeks before this is a done deal.

#121404 Sep 7, 2013
Please note in post #109176, crow indicates she supports domestic violence for the person she is talking about "it's certainly understandable in this case. It's just a shame they didn't finish her off." Then states she wishes they had killed this person? And this bitch is reporting others for abuse?????
Oh for pete's sweet sake, not this same craziness again.

*sigh*

We covered this last night, Jethro. It's the location of the ISP, not necessarily the poster. "May or may not be your actual location", remember? If you'd bothered to check a little more, you'd have found posts from me listing the location as Englewood, CO!

You also neglected to copy and paste the heinousness Witch Hazel posted that prompted my remarks, but whatever. I don't really give a rat's furry coccyx one way or the other. Your posts condoning bombing inner cities and parades were much more disturbing, and I do not regret reporting them to the appropriate agencies in the least. You're a lunatic, and lunatics need to be monitored.(My opinion, protected by my First Amendment rights.)
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121405 Sep 7, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for pete's sweet sake, not this same craziness again.
*sigh*
We covered this last night, Jethro. It's the location of the ISP, not necessarily the poster. "May or may not be your actual location", remember? If you'd bothered to check a little more, you'd have found posts from me listing the location as Englewood, CO!
You also neglected to copy and paste the heinousness Witch Hazel posted that prompted my remarks, but whatever. I don't really give a rat's furry coccyx one way or the other. Your posts condoning bombing inner cities and parades were much more disturbing, and I do not regret reporting them to the appropriate agencies in the least. You're a lunatic, and lunatics need to be monitored.(My opinion, protected by my First Amendment rights.)
Sure crow, sure!

#121406 Sep 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Sure crow, sure!
Damn right sure, Jethro.

You have brought up one interesting point, though.

I've been posting, whether registered or unregistered, under the same name ever since I came here.

You, on the other hand, constantly change names and use proxy (fake) locations.

So let me add something to my opinion of you, Jethro. Not only are you a lunatic, you're a coward and a liar. That about covers it.

I've got to get back to work. I only came to post that Smithfield deal, and you've already wasted enough of my time. You're dismissed.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121407 Sep 7, 2013
In computer networks, a proxy server is a server (a computer system or an application program) that acts as an intermediary for requests from clients seeking resources from other servers....
http://en.computech.org/Proxy_server

No proxy does not mean fake, and I have never used one. Quit trying to hide your lies with BS!
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#121408 Sep 7, 2013
prox·y
/&#712;präks&#275;/
noun

noun: proxy

1.the authority to represent someone else, esp. in voting."they may register to vote by proxy"

synonyms:

deputy, representative, substitute, delegate, agent, surrogate, stand-in, attorney, go-between.

Websters dictionary.(LOOK IT UP).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min BAS 152,346
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr fubar 18,757
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 2 hr Dix 76,163
California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr big meech 16,010
Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 3 hr John 1,168
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr silverfox 56,803
Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) 5 hr tom 134

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE