'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 189816 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

OZombies

United States

#120436 Sep 1, 2013
Ghost of Raygun wrote:
<quoted text>You left out the FACT that the 2% increase was the same 2% decrease that lasted for one year under a budget agreement with Obama and Repubs in Congress. As far as your parents Medicare going up. WOW !!!!!!!!!! Your parents make more than $170,000.00 per year retired. WOW !!!!!!!!!! The 2012 Medicare payments were raised on those couples with an income greater than $170K / yr.
/.
http://blog.medicare.gov/2012/11/16/2013-medi...
http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10536.pdf
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Are you for real? Medicare was increased on everyone. Only retirees and disabled gets Medicare! Everyone making $170,000.00 a year have private insurance provided by the own employer. I can't believe you just said that.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#120438 Sep 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
PETA Wants Pregnant Women Banned From Eating Wings Because It Might Cause Boy Babies To Have Small Penises
http://weaselzippers.us/
tee hee hee
Weasel Zippers "Scouring the bowels of the internet"

Only you.
OZombies

Whittier, CA

#120439 Sep 1, 2013
Ghost of Raygun wrote:
<quoted text>You left out the FACT that the 2% increase was the same 2% decrease that lasted for one year under a budget agreement with Obama and Repubs in Congress. As far as your parents Medicare going up. WOW !!!!!!!!!! Your parents make more than $170,000.00 per year retired. WOW !!!!!!!!!! The 2012 Medicare payments were raised on those couples with an income greater than $170K / yr.
/.
http://blog.medicare.gov/2012/11/16/2013-medi...
http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10536.pdf
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
You confused Medicare premium with TAX increase on income $170,000.00 and up...btw, everyone got tax increase, absolutely EVERYONE!
Obama is one big lying SOB...!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120440 Sep 1, 2013
Feds forced churches to get baptism permits
By Todd Starnes
Published August 30, 2013

For as far back as anyone can remember, Missouri Baptists have gathered on river banks for Sunday afternoon baptisms.
The preacher leads the new believers into the water, draped in white robes as a choir sings,“Shall We Gather at the River.”

It’s the way it’s been done for generations – baptizing in creeks, lakes, and rivers “in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
But now the long-cherished tradition of “taking the plunge” has been drawn into a controversy with the federal government.

And San Francisco International Airport renovated a building to create a house of worship for Muslim workers. Airport officials declined to reveal how much tax money was spent, but a spokesman told the San Francisco Chronicle they just wanted to maintain “a good relationship with ground transportation providers.”

[mooslims being/WORKING at OUR airports??? WHERE IS the "commonsense" in THIS]

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/08/30/bto...

Location hidden

#120441 Sep 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Feds forced churches to get baptism permits
By Todd Starnes
Published August 30, 2013
For as far back as anyone can remember, Missouri Baptists have gathered on river banks for Sunday afternoon baptisms.
The preacher leads the new believers into the water, draped in white robes as a choir sings,“Shall We Gather at the River.”
It’s the way it’s been done for generations – baptizing in creeks, lakes, and rivers “in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
But now the long-cherished tradition of “taking the plunge” has been drawn into a controversy with the federal government.
And San Francisco International Airport renovated a building to create a house of worship for Muslim workers. Airport officials declined to reveal how much tax money was spent, but a spokesman told the San Francisco Chronicle they just wanted to maintain “a good relationship with ground transportation providers.”
[mooslims being/WORKING at OUR airports??? WHERE IS the "commonsense" in THIS]
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/08/30/bto...
Awww.

I hope that makes you really angry.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120442 Sep 1, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Weasel Zippers "Scouring the bowels of the internet"
Only you.
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww.
I hope that makes you really angry.
They post the TRUTH!:)

Straight from the so called "horses MOUTH!

Keep Pregnant Women Out for the Sake of Their Sons' Sex Organs, PETA Tells Buffalo Wing Festival

Ill-Conceived Contest Could Impact Offspring's Penis Size

For Immediate Release:
August 15, 2013

Buffalo, N.Y.-- This morning, PETA sent a letter to Drew Cerza, founder of the National Buffalo Wing Festival, with an ominous warning: The latest scientific evidence shows that the sons of pregnant women who consume chicken are more likely to have smaller penises because of a chemical found in the birds' flesh. And it's not just boys who are at risk from chicken. Babies, including girls, of mothers who have high cholesterol counts—and chicken is loaded with cholesterol—can be born with blocked arteries.

"Pregnant women may want to think twice before chomping on those chicken wings, or their sons could come up short," says PETA Associate Director of Campaigns Lindsay Rajt. "Chickens may be little animals, but they suffer in a big way before their wings are hacked off for a stupid contest."

http://www.peta.org/mediacenter/news-releases...

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#120443 Sep 1, 2013
Hiya ILiH! What's up, buttercup?
OZombies

United States

#120444 Sep 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Keep Pregnant Women Out for the Sake of Their Sons' Sex Organs, PETA Tells Buffalo Wing Festival
For Immediate Release:
August 15, 2013
Buffalo, N.Y.-- This morning, PETA sent a letter to Drew Cerza, founder of the National Buffalo Wing Festival, with an ominous warning: The latest scientific evidence shows that the sons of pregnant women who consume chicken are more likely to have smaller penises because of a chemical found in the birds' flesh. And it's not just boys who are at risk from chicken. Babies, including girls, of mothers who have high cholesterol counts—and chicken is loaded with cholesterol—can be born with blocked arteries.
"Pregnant women may want to think twice before chomping on those chicken wings, or their sons could come up short," says PETA Associate Director of Campaigns Lindsay Rajt. "Chickens may be little animals, but they suffer in a big way before their wings are hacked off for a stupid contest."
I saw the light, I saw the light, praise the Lord, I saw saw the light ...(Johnny Cash)
...they are lost souls AL...!!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#120445 Sep 1, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
You confused Medicare premium with TAX increase on income $170,000.00 and up...btw, everyone got tax increase, absolutely EVERYONE!
Obama is one big lying SOB...!!
Okay. Just post a government website showing that there was a tax increase on everyone making less than $400K per year. The 2% on Social Security was only for the agreed 1 year.
The only Medicare TAX increase are on those making $250K / year.
Prove me wrong and I will never post again. Unable to prove me wrong you need to STFU.

Location hidden

#120446 Sep 1, 2013
http://www.rrb.gov/opa/pr/pr1214.asp
Some beneficiaries will continue to pay higher premiums based on their modified adjusted gross income. The monthly premiums that include income-related adjustments for 2013 will be $146.90,$209.80,$272.70, or $335.70, depending on the extent to which an individual beneficiary’s modified adjusted gross income exceeds $85,000 (or $170,000 for a married couple). The highest premium rate applies to beneficiaries whose incomes exceed $214,000 (or $428,000 for a married couple). The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services estimates that about 5 percent of Medicare beneficiaries pay the larger income-adjusted premiums.
OZombies

Whittier, CA

#120447 Sep 1, 2013
Ghost of Raygun wrote:
<quoted text>Okay. Just post a government website showing that there was a tax increase on everyone making less than $400K per year. The 2% on Social Security was only for the agreed 1 year.
The only Medicare TAX increase are on those making $250K / year.
Prove me wrong and I will never post again. Unable to prove me wrong you need to STFU.
Medicare TAX is under payroll ...working people, you pay every month so you can collect when you retire.

Medicare PREMIUM is when you are retired or disabled, ONLY. When you get your SS monthly check, SSA deduct monthly premium of $112.00 (I think that what the amount is) do you get that?

SS tax = deducted from your Pay CHECK...

Medicare premium = deducted from your SS check...( Medicare card - when you see your doctor)...
What's up with STFU...I can tell that your are confused.

Medicare tax and Medicare premium is two different things.

Location hidden

#120448 Sep 1, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
Hiya ILiH! What's up, buttercup?
Hola Crow. Not a lot, just getting ready for bed, I'm exhausted and have a ton of food to prepare early tomorrow. How's your holiday so far?

Location hidden

#120449 Sep 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
For Immediate Release:
August 15, 2013
You're an idiot. And I love wings.

Regular or boneless but plain because I don't eat condiments. No ranch, no blue cheese, no buffalo, no ketchup, no nadaaa.

Location hidden

#120450 Sep 1, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare TAX is under payroll ...working people, you pay every month so you can collect when you retire.
Medicare PREMIUM is when you are retired or disabled, ONLY. When you get your SS monthly check, SSA deduct monthly premium of $112.00 (I think that what the amount is) do you get that?
SS tax = deducted from your Pay CHECK...
Medicare premium = deducted from your SS check...( Medicare card - when you see your doctor)...
What's up with STFU...I can tell that your are confused.
Medicare tax and Medicare premium is two different things.
And I tell you. ONLY those couples making more than $250K saw a Medicare Payroll Tax increase. And I tell you ONLY those couples making more than $400K saw an increase in premiums if they are on Medicare. Here's the governments own IRS info website:
BASIC FAQs
When does Additional Medicare Tax start?
Additional Medicare Tax applies to wages and compensation above a threshold amount received after December 31, 2012 and to self-employment income above a threshold amount received in taxable years beginning after December 31, 2012.
What is the rate of Additional Medicare Tax?
The rate is 0.9 percent.
When are individuals liable for Additional Medicare Tax?
An individual is liable for Additional Medicare Tax if the individual’s wages, compensation, or self-employment income (together with that of his or her spouse if filing a joint return) exceed the threshold amount for the individual’s filing status:
Filing Status Threshold Amount
Married filing jointly $250,000
Married filing separately $125,000
Single $200,000
Head of household (with qualifying person)$200,000
Qualifying widow(er) with dependent child $200,000
http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesse...

Since: Oct 11

Middlesboro, KY

#120453 Sep 1, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Hola Crow. Not a lot, just getting ready for bed, I'm exhausted and have a ton of food to prepare early tomorrow. How's your holiday so far?
Hola ILiH, Have a great Labor day!

PEACE
tofy

''You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.''
Charles Bukowski (1920-1994), U.S. author, poet.

#120454 Sep 1, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless your heart. Are you gonna make any wings? ;) I'm still giggling over "The Revenge of the Rhode Island Reds".

My holiday's been busy with farm work, but good, thanks. We got quite a bit of rain, which cooled things down, thankfully.

Location hidden

#120455 Sep 1, 2013
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>
Hola ILiH, Have a great Labor day!
PEACE
tofy
''You begin saving the world by saving one man at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.''
Charles Bukowski (1920-1994), U.S. author, poet.
Hola Tofy!

Thanks, I plan to eat a lot. Hope you have a great day too!

Great quote!

#120456 Sep 1, 2013
I don't think Raygun's mom ate much chicken. He's packin' the big wood and swingin' for the fences!
OZombies

United States

#120457 Sep 1, 2013
Ghost of Raygun wrote:
<quoted text>And I tell you. ONLY those couples making more than $250K saw a Medicare Payroll Tax increase. And I tell you ONLY those couples making more than $400K saw an increase in premiums if they are on Medicare. Here's the governments own IRS info website:
BASIC FAQs
When does Additional Medicare Tax start?
Additional Medicare Tax applies to wages and compensation above a threshold amount received after December 31, 2012 and to self-employment income above a threshold amount received in taxable years beginning after December 31, 2012.
What is the rate of Additional Medicare Tax?
The rate is 0.9 percent.
When are individuals liable for Additional Medicare Tax?
An individual is liable for Additional Medicare Tax if the individual’s wages, compensation, or self-employment income (together with that of his or her spouse if filing a joint return) exceed the threshold amount for the individual’s filing status:
Filing Status Threshold Amount
Married filing jointly $250,000
Married filing separately $125,000
Single $200,000
Head of household (with qualifying person)$200,000
Qualifying widow(er) with dependent child $200,000
http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesse...
Do you know how much is for someone who is receiving about $1,000.00 a month SS with 2% increase but your Medicare went from $96.40 to $124.00 per months. How can someone on SS survives, who has no one?

Those people that makes $125,000.00 and up, I'm sure they have some kind of investment. Everyone is not lucky to have good job. That's my point. Do you think our rich, greedy, corrupted politicians care about anyone else but themselves...!!

Location hidden

#120458 Sep 1, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bless your heart. Are you gonna make any wings? ;) I'm still giggling over "The Revenge of the Rhode Island Reds".
My holiday's been busy with farm work, but good, thanks. We got quite a bit of rain, which cooled things down, thankfully.
No but we are grilling boneless breasts & drumsticks! lol And skirt steak and shrimp kabobs. Burgers too. Thankfully the men are taking care of the actual grilling but I have to prepare everything.(My daughter will help) I have to make salads, and a variety or trays of snacks and cheeses and the watermelon fruit salad.

Glad you're having enjoyable weather, I hope you're not working tomorrow too.. It's been very sticky and humid here, and it's supposed to be the same tomorrow. Ick.

I don't know why I'm still up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 1 min little tuffet 17,866
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 min Dalai Lama 80,040
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 16 min Oh my 69,698
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 7 hr REPUBLICANS LIE 102,154
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 8 hr Farts 940
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) Tue TexasFarter 19,878
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Tue Wondering 13
More from around the web