'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

Since: Dec 11

#111821 Jul 22, 2013
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Guess I'll call it a night.
Let me know...about that. I'll check in the A.M. THANKS BRO.!
PEACE
tofy
1st question, Yes she has.
And then...did the same to me.

People here, can become paranoid, can "seem" normal until you get to know them, can be very unpredictable...always keep your guard up.
Peace, and may the force be with you!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111822 Jul 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said a Christian can't have a 'sense of humor'...
Promoting killing ???
Hey ... the THUG "caused" his killing ...
NOT The good guy - Christian ...
I'm on his side ... rememeber ...???
I 'pray' for the Martin Family to have *solace* from this.
but ...
They AND their ILK...
NEED to TEACH ...
their children BETTER!
and TO BE responsible for their ACTIONS!
I'm not talking about just 'Blacks' either!
Soooo ... DO NOT throw the 'racism' ACCUSATION at ME!
I am throwing it at YOU, you can't stop talking about it. YOU have a sick sense of humor. Yeah, good "Christians" molest little children huh? Chase after an unarmed black kid when told not too. We know who's side YOU are on. Any racist bigoted side, you prove it every day.

GRIMES 2014

DITCH MITCH McCONnell

#111823 Jul 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said a Christian can't have a 'sense of humor'...
Promoting killing ???
Hey ... the THUG "caused" his killing ...
NOT The good guy - Christian ...
I'm on his side ... rememeber ...???
I 'pray' for the Martin Family to have *solace* from this.
but ...
They AND their ILK...
NEED to TEACH ...
their children BETTER!
and TO BE responsible for their ACTIONS!
I'm not talking about just 'Blacks' either!
Soooo ... DO NOT throw the 'racism' ACCUSATION at ME!
"Responsibility" and "accountability" are color blind.
If you raise your child to look at authority figures as the enemy, they will most likely run to the wrong side of a room when the law shows up! They will be disrespectful to the people we call when we need them most. They will dishonor your family for "friends" who will only help them dig their own grave "figuratively" speaking of course.
Lead by example; if you love your children!
They may still screw up when they make a mistake show them love and understanding...and help them learn from that.

<3
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#111824 Jul 22, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, one minute reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and the Lord's Prayer and the next promoting killing and namecalling. haha Priceless, queen loon, but so typical of you. YOU are a prime example why they should scrutinize more in background checks. A pure, certifiable batshit crazy loon. Who says we don't follow those gun laws asswipe? I have had guns for most of my life, know how to use them, know the laws for carrying them, and have never shot and unarmed person. You clowns forget that if Zman had done what he was told and stayed put that kid would be alive. Simple as that. You keep glorifying it for your pleasure, you racist bigot, it is so typical of you circus clowns. It doesn't matter what Trayvon did before he was murdered, he was unarmed, had a right to be there, had a right to defend himself when jumped, and DID NOT have to die. Too bad you ignorant losers can't see that. I am not a CON or a MAN dumbass. I save that for our OLD turtleman and you republiCONS.
DITCH McCONnell
First off , let`s get back to Martin and Zimmerman. We can all speculate "if" and nothing comes from it. If Zimmerman had done as told--if Martin had not jumped Zimmerman. If they had simply talked to one another and not fought! If-If-If. But do agree there should be checks before gun buying. but even with checks , what do you do with the parents passing guns to others? What do you do with guns being sold several times over the years? Truth be told , both Zimmerman and Martin made mistakes and acted with some stupidity.

Now if doesn`t really indicate what Party we belong to , nor how brilliant we may say and think we are, mistakes are made. However this is a Nation of "laws" , so get over it. The Jury has decided.

Now lets act as though we would as with a ball team! We will trade you the leader of the House for the leader of the Senate. Then we trade you the Minority leader of the Senate for the leader of the minority Party in the House---then we fire all of them!!!Would that be satisfactory?

They all stink! They all have been there too long.! Then we could start with all the old in office persons and start replacing with better people that would work together and do the jobs hired to do!Would that make you happy!

Understand , we are the ones that voted for them--we are the culprits here that allow this to go on and on and pay no attention as to what they do , or , not do. Don`t we all know they do that which benefits them? Don`t we all know they collect money and vote as the special interests and lobbyists request with their hand full on money? It is OUR fault we have this !!!!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111825 Jul 22, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
First off , let`s get back to Martin and Zimmerman. We can all speculate "if" and nothing comes from it. If Zimmerman had done as told--if Martin had not jumped Zimmerman. If they had simply talked to one another and not fought! If-If-If. But do agree there should be checks before gun buying. but even with checks , what do you do with the parents passing guns to others? What do you do with guns being sold several times over the years? Truth be told , both Zimmerman and Martin made mistakes and acted with some stupidity.
Now if doesn`t really indicate what Party we belong to , nor how brilliant we may say and think we are, mistakes are made. However this is a Nation of "laws" , so get over it. The Jury has decided.
Now lets act as though we would as with a ball team! We will trade you the leader of the House for the leader of the Senate. Then we trade you the Minority leader of the Senate for the leader of the minority Party in the House---then we fire all of them!!!Would that be satisfactory?
They all stink! They all have been there too long.! Then we could start with all the old in office persons and start replacing with better people that would work together and do the jobs hired to do!Would that make you happy!
Understand , we are the ones that voted for them--we are the culprits here that allow this to go on and on and pay no attention as to what they do , or , not do. Don`t we all know they do that which benefits them? Don`t we all know they collect money and vote as the special interests and lobbyists request with their hand full on money? It is OUR fault we have this !!!!
Don't freak out whitehair, but I actually agree with most of what you said. All the shoulda, woulda, coulda's don't change a damn thing. They were both at fault. However, my main gripe with it is that Zman should of obeyed the dispatcher, rules of his "neighborhood watch" book and the police could of handled it. If that had happened the kid wouldn't be dead. ASSuming he was a thug doesn't mean he deserved to be killed. Honestly, I have told family and friends that I did not believe that man intended to kill someone when he got up that day or even when he made the 911 call, but then his actions proved otherwise. He ASSumed the kid had robbed the neighborhood and took the law into his own hands. I don't believe the kid deserved to be followed and baited into a fight where Z had a gun to defend himself and the kid had a can of tea and bag of skittles. Just isn't right. Even without color mixed in, it is a fact that blacks and Hispanics are profiled every minute of every day. Sad but true. I believe he should of been tried for manslaughter and serving on juries myself, I know you have to weigh the evidence and convict or not. I have no problem with the jury rendering their not guilty verdict. I do have a problem with the people who use it to stir race wars. Even Al and Jesse, can't stand either one of them and wouldn't attend a rally of theirs if it was in my neighbors yard. Just so you know.

As far as Congress goes, I do think it would change if they had term limits themselves, then they wouldn't forget why they are there...to lobby for the benefit of their constituents and the American people. Most of them have forgot that and turtleman Mitch is a prime example. What has he done for Kentucky lately? I posted the articles proving it. As for the coal, Ari can dig up all the videos (like Chong) with Mitch's ads, but it won't change the fact that he has done little to nothing for the coal industry in KY. Allison Grimes is a threat to him and other than linking her with Obama because he is a DEM or trashing her father, those ads reek of his desperation in getting an early jump on trashing her. Won't be as easy as Ashley though. She does not agree on a lot of Obamacare, but does believe in the coal industry. Guess we will see.

I agree with your last two paragraphs. Mitch surely was best at it.

DITCH MITCH
Crow

Louisville, KY

#111826 Jul 22, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
For the second time in as many days, I find myself agreeing with someone I usually don't. Must be the full moon :) Well said, whitehair, and your baseball analogy is awesome. Throw the bums out. Question is, how do we find qualified players?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111827 Jul 22, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
"Responsibility" and "accountability" are color blind.
If you raise your child to look at authority figures as the enemy, they will most likely run to the wrong side of a room when the law shows up! They will be disrespectful to the people we call when we need them most. They will dishonor your family for "friends" who will only help them dig their own grave "figuratively" speaking of course.
Lead by example; if you love your children!
They may still screw up when they make a mistake show them love and understanding...and help them learn from that.
<3
Exactly!
I put a LOT on here about 'corruption'...
BECAUSE I've "SEEN" a lot of corruption!

I totally RESPECT the REASONS we have those laws and figureheads!
The CORRUPTION is what has caused people to look at them differently!

EDUCATION is a must!
How to look at both sides 'fairly'
and
make the RIGHT 'decision'...
In how to DEAL with life!

NOT just a one-sided libTARDED affair!

Do it the "respectful" AND moral way.

Good vs evil ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111828 Jul 22, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
I am throwing it at YOU, you can't stop talking about it. YOU have a sick sense of humor. Yeah, good "Christians" molest little children huh? Chase after an unarmed black kid when told not too. We know who's side YOU are on. Any racist bigoted side, you prove it every day.
GRIMES 2014
DITCH MITCH McCONnell
Yeah, good "Christians" molest little children huh?... said the moron!

I DO NOT take up for the people that DO this!
They are just as 'evil' as libTARDS!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111829 Jul 22, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth be told , both Zimmerman and Martin made mistakes and acted with some stupidity...said Whitey.

Whitey could you explain the 'stupid' part the Z-Man did?
I truly would like to know.

As for the rest of your post ... it's GREAT!:)
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111830 Jul 22, 2013
Grimes: Even GOP tired of McConnell's obstruction
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes, who is running for U.S. Senate in Kentucky,says Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is an obstructionist.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/18/2720421/gr...

Grimes opposes Obama on coal

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes says she opposes President Barack Obama's policies on coal.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/18/2720319/gr...

Too bad OLD turtleman can't say the same. He SHOULD be governing while campaigning. Allison continues her duties as Secretary of State while assembling her campaign. Next couple elections just may go to the WOMEN. That will enrage you repukes.

HILLARY 2016

GRIMES 2014

DITCH MITCH McCONnell
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111831 Jul 22, 2013
The Case for Ted Cruz—Why Liberals Should Hope the GOP Taps Him in 2016

So Ted Cruz is off to the races. Don’t know if you caught his This Week segment yesterday, but he was (a) in Iowa, and (b), insisting that he’s not thinking about 2016, the combination of which is a sure-fire sign that he’s in (it was for a guy named Obama in 2006). And what do we make of this?

Seven months in the Senate! That’s less than Obama by two full years at a similar point. It seems preposterous and impossible, but in today’s Republican Party nothing is preposterous or impossible. He will run. He could win the nomination. But could he actually win the presidency? The real question is how far out there the GOP is prepared to go before it faces up to reality and comes back to the planet the rest of us inhabit. And the answer to that question, I think, is pretty damn far, far enough for it to benefit Cruz even as it kills the GOP.

Let’s start by acknowledging that Cruz isn’t a yahoo. He takes the wildest yahoo positions arguably of any prominent politician in America, although of course the competition for that distinction is increasingly fierce. I mean, he is way out there. The right 30-second attack ads could just shred him to bits. Plus, smooth-tongued though he is, he’s bound to say crazy things on the campaign trail, about women, gays, undocumented immigrants, what have you. He practically makes Paul Ryan look like Paul Wellstone.
But in spite of that, he is at the same time something of an intellectual. He’s Harvard Law. He has argued before the Supreme Court. He is widely read. He can quote Rawls, they tell me (John, not Lou). He’s no Dubya and is not to be misunderestimated.

And he obviously has more than book smarts. He has cunning. This Joe McCarthy act he has down pat—on Chuck Hagel, on Benghazi—may be disgusting and, well, McCarthyite, but don’t think it isn’t by design. Cruz knows that being compared to McCarthy by people like me is manna from heaven: it makes rank-and-file wingnuts stand up for him, and it makes rich ones open their checkbooks. They already celebrate him. I mean, just think of it this way: How many senators can you even name? I bet not 30. How many first-term senators can you name who were elected in 2012? There were 12, and the only one who might be better-known than Cruz is Elizabeth Warren.(Quick: Where is Martin Heinrich from?)

So Cruz stands out, as Rich Yeselson put it in a sharp Politico column last week arguing that he could indeed capture the GOP nomination next time, like “a neon peacock in a party of Guernsey cows.” He can articulate the base’s rage in a way that infuriates and confounds liberals, and that matches them reference for reference. In today’s GOP there are few better skills to possess.

So sure, I agree with Yeselson; he could win the nomination. Ultimately it may depend on whether Republicans feel they have a legitimate shot of winning. If Hillary Clinton doesn’t run; if unemployment somehow ticks (or better still from their perspective shoots) back up; if some big scandal (actual, not fake like the ones trotted out so far) befalls the administration or calamity befalls the country; then, I suspect, Republicans will decide that they have a real shot at this thing and they’d better choose someone quasi-respectable like Jeb Bush or Chris Christie.

But if Clinton gets in, unemployment is below 7 percent, and America is scandal-and-calamity free, I bet conservatives will think in the back of their minds,“What the hell, we’re gonna lose anyway, so we might as well choose someone we really like, which we didn’t do last time, and be entertained in the process.”
On Sunday’s ‘This Week,’ Ted Cruz called President Obama’s principles ‘profoundly dangerous’

Continued:

HILLARY 2016
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111832 Jul 22, 2013
continued:

Under normal conditions, Cruz can’t possibly top 165 electoral votes against her. Even against Martin O’Malley, his various paths lead to 235, 240.

And this brings us to the interesting question my liberal pals and I have been discussing, more interesting than the question of Cruz’s chances of becoming president, which are near nil. From our point of view, would Cruz-as-nominee be a good or bad thing? The “good” case is much along the lines I laid out above, although it goes further: Yes, he’d be creamed; and then, after having lost three elections in a row, and the popular vote in seven out of the last eight, the Republicans would finally return to some measure of sanity. This is the Cruz-as-Robespierre theory: he’d take things so far that nearly everyone would say,“OK, we’ve gone a little far, and we’re sick of losing, so let’s tack toward the center and change a few positions”(path to citizenship, same-sex marriage, etc.).Thermidor would set in.

Then there’s the Cruz-as-Mirabeau theory. Mirabeau was a moderate in the French Revolution. In the early days, 1789 and 1790, he was a real player; then things got away from him and the power center moved left to Robespierre. Cruz is no moderate, of course, but what I mean here is this. It is possible that having Cruz as the nominee could move the party—and the country—even further to the right; that even if he loses, some people will say (inevitably!) that it was because he betrayed his real conservative values. So entirely the wrong lesson will be learned. A corollary here is that lightning could strike and Cruz could actually win. A Cruz presidency would be a horror beyond my ability to contemplate, but as I said above, I have a hard time seeing it being in the cards.

So I welcome a Cruz candidacy. The best thing that can happen to this country—the most important thing that needs to happen—is for the Republican Party to return to some version of what it was in the 1980s, say, when it was conservative to be sure but its members weren’t so feverishly devoted to some ideological and cultural vision of an abstract America that they were actively trying to burn the existing America down. My sense tells me a Cruz candidacy hastens that day. To quote Rawls, Republicans, you’ll never find another love like his.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07...

The real question is how far out there the GOP is prepared to go before it faces up to reality and comes back to the planet the rest of us inhabit. And the answer to that question, I think, is pretty damn far, far enough for it to benefit Cruz even as it kills the GOP.(RIP GOP)

"he’s bound to say crazy things on the campaign trail, about women, gays, undocumented immigrants, what have you" (coz they just can't help it)

"actively trying to burn the existing America down" (EXACTLY)

"Yes, he’d be creamed" (True)

"Now let’s be clear. Cruz would lose. Clinton would destroy him"

HILLARY 2016
Sandra C

Ashland, KY

#111833 Jul 22, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Clinton certainly has the resume to be a strong presidential contender: two terms as the first lady during her husband's popular administration, eight years as a U.S. senator from New York and four as a widely-acclaimed secretary of state under President Barack Obama. Not to mention that she has already mounted a presidential bid once before, during the 2008 Democratic primary.
With quite a following among Democrats -- particularly women -- and an expert campaigner as a husband, Clinton is one of the frontrunners for the 2016 nomination. In fact, if the Iowa caucuses were held today, a Public Policy Polling survey found she would win 58 percent of the vote, outstripping the runner-up, Vice President Joe Biden, by a margin of 41 percent.
HILLARY 2016
DITCH MITCH 2014
I, for one hoped she would run.But this Benghazi scandal may damage that,if they find she had something to do with it and won't. What do some you think. If it comes out she is guilty, do we really want her as president to be over our sons and daughters? Can we trust her. If we can't trust her ,then who? Hillary or the president had something to do with that.
I have a son in Afghanistan, and I worry all the time about him.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111834 Jul 22, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
The Case for Ted Cruz—Why Liberals Should Hope the GOP Taps Him in 2016
“Jon, we are having a national debate about which direction the country should go,” Cruz said.“And what I am doing now is trying to participate in that national debate. I understand that everyone likes to focus on the politics … I’m not focused on the politics. Jon, I’ve been in the Senate all of seven months. The last office I was elected to was student council. So this has been a bit of a whirlwind.”

Karl asked Cruz if the citizenship question would allow the Texas Republican to run for president, since he had been born in Canada.

“My mother was born in Wilmington, Delaware,” Cruz replied.“She’s a U.S. citizen, so I’m a U.S. citizen by birth.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/21/this-has-be...

He's a 'citizen'...
BUT
NOT a *natural born* citizen!

FACT

NOT "presidential" material ...
ONLY
because of that!

Otherwise he is GREAT!:)

Along with Rand Paul AND Trey Gowdy ... imo
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111835 Jul 22, 2013
BTW ... anyone hearing of General Ham speaking about Benghazi ...
Countrygirl

Cadiz, KY

#111836 Jul 22, 2013
American Lady wrote:
He WAS 'too young'
to
be
ACTING
so TUFF!
PUSHED his luck ...
one too MANY times!
guess this post
makes you proud. topix is definitely your
Savior. go out in the real world and say that
BS. you could use stand your ground. Oh
I forgot you can't stand.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111837 Jul 22, 2013
Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul will fiercely oppose any plan President Barack Obama’s may put forward to bail out Detroit.

“He is bailing them out over my dead body, because we don’t have any money in Washington,” Paul said in a phone interview with Breitbart.com on Friday.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/19/rand-paul-o...

#111839 Jul 22, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
GRIMES 2014
DITCH MITCH McCONnell
Another Half-wit spewing "half-truths" as if it were fact.
Here is a direct quote from a reporter who talked to the adult who was once that 6 year old child: "The woman tearfully recounts incidents she said began when she was 6 and Zimmerman was 8 and she and her sister stayed with Zimmerman and his family."
She was a "child" he was "a child". He needed an adult to sit down and explain the birds and bees, and tell him while it is normal to be "curious" it is not to touch others, and an adult should never ever do that to children (a child should run/shout/tell someone if an adult tries t do that).

You spew the Liberal "interpretation" of that event which more of a LIE than even a gross misrepresentation!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/st...
Crow

Louisville, KY

#111840 Jul 22, 2013
Sandra C wrote:
<quoted text>
I, for one hoped she would run.But this Benghazi scandal may damage that,if they find she had something to do with it and won't. What do some you think. If it comes out she is guilty, do we really want her as president to be over our sons and daughters? Can we trust her. If we can't trust her ,then who? Hillary or the president had something to do with that.
I have a son in Afghanistan, and I worry all the time about him.
First and foremost, Godspeed to your son. His (and your) sacrifice is greatly appreciated and honored.

As for Hillary, I'm on the fence with you. It's possible she may have overlooked vital intel, but it's also possible it wasn't provided to her. We'll have to wait and see what comes out of the investigation.

In President Obama's first campaign, there was talk of her as VP candidate, and I remember thinking it would make her one heartbeat away from the Presidency. I wondered then what she was capable of, what lengths she would go to in order to be President. I could honestly envision her orchestrating an incident to ensure that happened, and realized then that I didn't (don't) trust her further than I could throw her.

Unfortunately, as is so often the case these days, she may be the lesser of two evils in 2016.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111841 Jul 22, 2013
Countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> guess this post
makes you proud. topix is definitely your
Savior. go out in the real world and say that
BS. you could use stand your ground. Oh
I forgot you can't stand.
THIS does not even deserve a response ...
BUT ...
I'm going yo GIVE you one!

Someone else once accused me of being "unable to STAND" ...
They were as WRONG then ...
As you are NOW ...

Along with everything ELSE they were wrong on ...
It ALL came out in the 'wash'...

As you WILL see this time!

tee hee hee ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 28 min Another Damn Liberal 62,649
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 34 min TAMARA 78,383
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 37 min Chopper Read GED 57,775
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 55 min WTSenior 160,378
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 57 min Observant 4,176
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Victoria 60,957
Who's got your vote in the New Hampshire Senate... 4 hr Freebird USA 20

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE