'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#93451 Apr 11, 2013
Where's Mitch McConnell?

Thursday’s Senate vote to move ahead with gun control legislation marked the fifth time in just two months that Democrats have won a procedural showdown by peeling off Republicans at the expense of Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)

The 68—31 roll call was more than enough to meet the 60-vote requirement to invoke cloture, with 16 Republicans providing the winning margin. This fits a pattern seen increasingly since mid-February: McConnell steadfast in opposition even as his rank-and-file cross the aisle, raising fragile hopes of a bipartisan revival.

Without overstating, it’s a record that suggests a real shift as the Kentucky Republican has seemed to turn his attention single-mindedly to protecting his right flank at home where he faces re-election next year.

The GOP leader remains powerful and smart. But by taking himself out of the legislative game, he is also ceding power to a new set of Republicans wanting to fill the vacuum.

For sure, the immediate beneficiary is Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), but also what some see as a fledgling legislative revival in the Senate itself. Huge partisan divides remain, especially over taxes. But deals are cropping up from background checks on gun sales to immigration reform. Indeed among Senate Republicans, there’s a race of sorts between different factions in the party to fill the vacuum left by McConnell’s preoccupation with his 2014 race.

Immigration reform could well benefit from this competition inside the GOP. And moderate conservatives, like Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), seem bent on countering what many Republicans see as the outsized influence of the tea party star — Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)— on McConnell.

Democrats aren’t shy of highlighting this shift by McConnell.

“He is clearly focused on the Kentucky primary more than the Senate agenda,“Majority Whip Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) told POLITICO.“If you listen closely, he is making a sharp right turn into the world of the tea party and Rand Paul’s libertarian politics.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/wheres-...

Posted comments on first page: Priceless

I don't think anyone wonders what McConnell is up to right now--he's lawyering up and his entire staff is in turmoil as the paranoid McConnell tries to figure out which one of his employees leaked his little Hatch Act violation.

After living in KY for 5 years, nothing and I mean nothing would make me happier in politics than to see this lip-less turtle get crushed in 2014.

The bagger kooks are nipping at his heels and have him scared stiff.

Senate ethics rules prohibit Senate employees from participating in political activities while on government time. But the tape indicates that several of McConnell's legislative aides, whose salaries are paid by the taxpayer, were involved with producing the oppo research on Judd that was discussed at the February 2
meeting.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04 ...

It is funny how the right is trying to spin it like he his the victim..

Why are the GOP not up in arms about the Hatch act violations. McConnel using Government money for his personal political gains. Clearly a violation of federal law. Guess it's OK to waste Govt money if you are GOP

....GREAT comments on the site eh? hahaha

Desparate turtleman clutching the grandrand's teabagger coattails. Priceless

DITCH MITCH
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#93452 Apr 11, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text> And Cuba treats their citizens with the up-most respect and Cuban militants make sure that Cubans are offered every opportunity to succeed and BULLSHIT! They drive 1960's automobiles and they have to stand in line for their government rationed food and they are poor but the government is rich.
See, you aren't the only one that can post lies. lol
So, you're saying he's not stupid, or not a jerkoff?
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#93453 Apr 11, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to be funny or smoking ??????????
trying to be funny
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#93454 Apr 11, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
Does anyone ever read the posts by the repukie dude? From the looks of it he always writes a book. Do any of you care what he says? lmao Just wondering. I get on here sometimes but I don't read the long, drawn out stupid posts from wannabe know-it-alls.
American Lady will be sad to hear that
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#93455 Apr 11, 2013
Repukes wrote:
Where's Mitch McConnell?
Thursday’s Senate vote to move ahead with gun control legislation marked the fifth time in just two months that Democrats have won a procedural showdown by peeling off Republicans at the expense of Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.)
The 68—31 roll call was more than enough to meet the 60-vote requirement to invoke cloture, with 16 Republicans providing the winning margin. This fits a pattern seen increasingly since mid-February: McConnell steadfast in opposition even as his rank-and-file cross the aisle, raising fragile hopes of a bipartisan revival.
Without overstating, it’s a record that suggests a real shift as the Kentucky Republican has seemed to turn his attention single-mindedly to protecting his right flank at home where he faces re-election next year.
The GOP leader remains powerful and smart. But by taking himself out of the legislative game, he is also ceding power to a new set of Republicans wanting to fill the vacuum.
For sure, the immediate beneficiary is Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), but also what some see as a fledgling legislative revival in the Senate itself. Huge partisan divides remain, especially over taxes. But deals are cropping up from background checks on gun sales to immigration reform. Indeed among Senate Republicans, there’s a race of sorts between different factions in the party to fill the vacuum left by McConnell’s preoccupation with his 2014 race.
Immigration reform could well benefit from this competition inside the GOP. And moderate conservatives, like Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), seem bent on countering what many Republicans see as the outsized influence of the tea party star — Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)— on McConnell.
Democrats aren’t shy of highlighting this shift by McConnell.
“He is clearly focused on the Kentucky primary more than the Senate agenda,“Majority Whip Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) told POLITICO.“If you listen closely, he is making a sharp right turn into the world of the tea party and Rand Paul’s libertarian politics.”
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/wheres-...
Posted comments on first page: Priceless
I don't think anyone wonders what McConnell is up to right now--he's lawyering up and his entire staff is in turmoil as the paranoid McConnell tries to figure out which one of his employees leaked his little Hatch Act violation.
After living in KY for 5 years, nothing and I mean nothing would make me happier in politics than to see this lip-less turtle get crushed in 2014.
The bagger kooks are nipping at his heels and have him scared stiff.
Senate ethics rules prohibit Senate employees from participating in political activities while on government time. But the tape indicates that several of McConnell's legislative aides, whose salaries are paid by the taxpayer, were involved with producing the oppo research on Judd that was discussed at the February 2
meeting.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/04 ...
It is funny how the right is trying to spin it like he his the victim..
Why are the GOP not up in arms about the Hatch act violations. McConnel using Government money for his personal political gains. Clearly a violation of federal law. Guess it's OK to waste Govt money if you are GOP
....GREAT comments on the site eh? hahaha
Desparate turtleman clutching the grandrand's teabagger coattails. Priceless
DITCH MITCH
good stuff
Hypocrite in chief

United States

#93456 Apr 11, 2013
HotC_2-point-0 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dick, this is 2013, Cuba is not our enemy, you stupid jerkoff
Why do we have embargo on Cuba? Do you know or care what kind of life Cubans have under Castro? Who approved visas to Beyonce and her Crapper husband ?????
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#93457 Apr 11, 2013
r u hot snot c lol wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't put babies in the woman's belly...a mans sperm shot into the woman's reproductive system puts the baby in the mama's belly. Did your mammy ever have "the talk" with you? Day-um, you are a dumb ass. lol
Dad tried to have "the talk" with me but he kept screwing it up,
So I sat him down and had "a talk" with him, and now

listen to you:
"a mans sperm shot into the woman's reproductive system puts the baby in the mama's belly"

Jesus Christ on a Stick!

Is that how your mammy explained it to you?

Since: Dec 11

#93458 Apr 11, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhh the Repukes fought the Civil Rights Act, LBJ got it passed you stupid pos.
Five Decades of Lies Help Dems Create Monolithic Black Vote

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...
Follow us:@RCP_Articles on Twitter
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#93459 Apr 11, 2013
"a mans sperm shot into the woman's reproductive system puts the baby in the mama's belly"

my retarded goldfish just shook his head and sighed...I swear to God
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#93460 Apr 11, 2013

Talk about a 3 pointer

Since: Dec 11

#93461 Apr 11, 2013
1964-Present

June 10, 1964
Civil Rights Filibuster Ended

Photo of Senator Hubert H. Humphrey of Minnesota

At 9:51 on the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert C. Byrd completed an address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier. The subject was the pending Civil Rights Act of 1964, a measure that occupied the Senate for 60 working days, including seven Saturdays. A day earlier, Democratic Whip Hubert Humphrey, the bill's manager, concluded he had the 67 votes required at that time to end the debate.

The Civil Rights Act provided protection of voting rights; banned discrimination in public facilities—including private businesses offering public services—such as lunch counters, hotels, and theaters; and established equal employment opportunity as the law of the land.

As Senator Byrd took his seat, House members, former senators, and others—150 of them—vied for limited standing space at the back of the chamber. With all gallery seats taken, hundreds waited outside in hopelessly extended lines.

Georgia Democrat Richard Russell offered the final arguments in opposition. Minority Leader Everett Dirksen, who had enlisted the Republican votes that made cloture a realistic option, spoke for the proponents with his customary eloquence. Noting that the day marked the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's nomination to a second term, the Illinois Republican proclaimed, in the words of Victor Hugo, "Stronger than all the armies is an idea whose time has come." He continued, "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!"
http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/m...

Robert C. Byrd (Ex-Klan Member) Filibustered the 1964 civil Rights Act! That's real friggin history!
Anywork

Jamestown, KY

#93462 Apr 11, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>More gd Lies you pos Liar.
For wtf: I believe you post on Topix more than any other person, you spend a lot of time on your computer, so do you ever do any real work. I'm 68, and retired, so all I need to do is mow my lawn.
SpeakUp

Glasgow, KY

#93463 Apr 11, 2013
HotC_2-point-0 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the reasons that a lot of people no longer post on this thread. It is frustrating trying to debate important issues with others with a silly kid posting on here 24/7. You obsess about dongs and you hate on people who post the truth. You shouldn't feel sorry for AL. Your many issues will keep you feeling sorry for yourself for a long time.
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#93464 Apr 11, 2013
HotC_2-point-0 wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO on that one C. The repuke would rather read broken sentences with CAPS and lunatic ramblings. He should stick with A Lunatic's post...it is more it's speed. Repukes like to live in the past, ache for things to be the way they use to be about 100 years ago. Can't live in the 2013 present. I think it should stick to A loser's rants and irrelevant postings. Who cares why JayZ and Beyonce went to Cuba? Anything to sway away from the facts of the day....that being APRIL 11, 2013. hahaha Poor lemming tools. Just too funny. Today was a good news day. Let them stick their aholes in the past...don't have a problem leaving them there while the MAJORITY moves forward.

Did you see these headlines:

Goat's head dropped off at Wrigley Field

Apparently they have been doing it for years. That batshit crazy baaaaaaaaaaaing goat girl better lay low, isn't she from that area. hahaha
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#93465 Apr 11, 2013
Ashley Judd secret tape leaked; Sen. McConnell calls for FBI probe

Again a secretly recorded tape is reverberating through Washington. And once more, the tape has been disclosed by Mother Jones. The big surprise is the subject this time: Republicans' view of Ashley Judd.

The release of an audiotape from a Feb. 2 meeting featuring campaign aides of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell discussing the possibility of Judd's candidacy as a Democrat for McConnell's Senate seat is rekindling memories of a tape released last year of Mitt Romney's speech to Republican donors.

Though Judd eventually decided not to pursue a candidacy, the tape features campaign aides to the Kentucky senator discussing their research about Judd, and the possibility of using advertising and statements to make Judd out to be what Mother Jones called "a weirdo."

Campaign aides pointed to Judd's numerous public statements, and the wealth of information about her suggested Judd's candidacy would offer a "haystack of needles" to explore.

They discussed Judd's mention in an autobiography of her issues with suicide and having been hospitalized for 42 days with a mental breakdown. They also pointed to Judd's comments on religion.
She is "extremely unbalanced," said one campaign aide.

McConnell's campaign on Tuesday has suggested the taping amounted to "Nixonian tactics" and asked the FBI to investigate the taping.

Judd's representative released a statement regarding the leaked audio, which reads: "This is yet another example of the politics of personal destruction that embody Mitch McConnell and are pervasive in Washington, D.C. We expected nothing less from Mitch McConnell and his camp than to take a personal struggle such as depression, which many Americans cope with on a daily basis, and turn it into a laughing matter. Every day it becomes clearer how much we need change in Washington from this kind of rhetoric and actions."

The possibility that Republicans would use Judd's background to turn a campaign run into one that focuses more on Judd than whether McConnell should be re-elected had been a concern of Democrats.
The concern was further hammered home when Karl Rove's American Crossroads Political Action Committee launched a single Web ad showcasing one possible line of attack.

Judd announced in Twitter messages on March 27 that she had decided not to run for the post.
"After serious and thorough contemplation, I realize that my responsibilities & energy at this time need to be focused on my family. Regretfully, I am currently unable to consider a campaign for the Senate.

"I have spoken to so many Kentuckians over these last few months who expressed their desire for a fighter for the people & new leader. While that won't be me at this time, I will continue to work as hard as I can to ensure the needs of Kentucky families are met by returning this Senate seat to whom it rightfully belongs: the people and their needs, dreams, and great potential."

"Thanks for even considering me as that person & know how much I love our Commonwealth. Thank you!" she wrote

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx...

This will be good. Even though a group has been named responsible, it should teach them from speaking while people are lurking out in the hallway. Didn't they learn anything from that dumbass mittens? haha

What will be even funnier is when they turn the investigation on him for using aides on tax payer dollars for his 2014 campaign. Oh wait, that is a violation of the Hatch Act. Let's see how they explain that one. Meanwhile, women, minorities, people who have struggled like she did will not forget the tactics of these repukes and teabaggers. He should be very scared and hanging onto that jr senator's teabagging coattails because even his grand old party hate him. Priceless. Much amusement in this upcoming election.

DITCH MITCH
Jay

Paris, TN

#93467 Apr 11, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
Does anyone ever read the posts by the repukie dude? From the looks of it he always writes a book. Do any of you care what he says? lmao Just wondering. I get on here sometimes but I don't read the long, drawn out stupid posts from wannabe know-it-alls.

Neither do I. Wannabe know-it-alls? Good one! Mostly I don't read the crap any of them post if it's longer than two sentences because no matter what they say it's nonsense, lies, BS, smart-ass remarks, worthless time consuming blabber.

I do like your posts though. Oh Gawd, before this finishes posting I will have been graded by the libturds. They hurry and comment so no one else has a chance.....and we all know how they do it. LOL..dumbasses!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#93468 Apr 11, 2013
Repukes wrote:
Ashley Judd secret tape leaked; Sen. McConnell calls for FBI probe
Again a secretly recorded tape is reverberating through Washington. And once more, the tape has been disclosed by Mother Jones. The big surprise is the subject this time: Republicans' view of Ashley Judd.
The release of an audiotape from a Feb. 2 meeting featuring campaign aides of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell discussing the possibility of Judd's candidacy as a Democrat for McConnell's Senate seat is rekindling memories of a tape released last year of Mitt Romney's speech to Republican donors.
Though Judd eventually decided not to pursue a candidacy, the tape features campaign aides to the Kentucky senator discussing their research about Judd, and the possibility of using advertising and statements to make Judd out to be what Mother Jones called "a weirdo."
Campaign aides pointed to Judd's numerous public statements, and the wealth of information about her suggested Judd's candidacy would offer a "haystack of needles" to explore.
They discussed Judd's mention in an autobiography of her issues with suicide and having been hospitalized for 42 days with a mental breakdown. They also pointed to Judd's comments on religion.
She is "extremely unbalanced," said one campaign aide.
McConnell's campaign on Tuesday has suggested the taping amounted to "Nixonian tactics" and asked the FBI to investigate the taping.
Judd's representative released a statement regarding the leaked audio, which reads: "This is yet another example of the politics of personal destruction that embody Mitch McConnell and are pervasive in Washington, D.C. We expected nothing less from Mitch McConnell and his camp than to take a personal struggle such as depression, which many Americans cope with on a daily basis, and turn it into a laughing matter. Every day it becomes clearer how much we need change in Washington from this kind of rhetoric and actions."
The possibility that Republicans would use Judd's background to turn a campaign run into one that focuses more on Judd than whether McConnell should be re-elected had been a concern of Democrats.
The concern was further hammered home when Karl Rove's American Crossroads Political Action Committee launched a single Web ad showcasing one possible line of attack.
Judd announced in Twitter messages on March 27 that she had decided not to run for the post.
CUT some of yours cuz "I" can :)

A local Democratic Party official told NBC News Thursday that

two members of the activist group Progress Kentucky [A local liberal group] claimed that they were responsible

for a recording published this week on the website of the progressive magazine Mother Jones. In the audio, McConnell is heard discussing with his staff opposition research into potential Democratic challengers, including the actress Ashley Judd.

"They told it to me right when it happened," said Jacob Conway, a member of the executive committee of Louisville and Jefferson County Democratic Party, in reference to two Progress Kentucky officials.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/11...
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#93469 Apr 11, 2013
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the reasons that a lot of people no longer post on this thread. It is frustrating trying to debate important issues with others with a silly kid posting on here 24/7. You obsess about dongs and you hate on people who post the truth. You shouldn't feel sorry for AL. Your many issues will keep you feeling sorry for yourself for a long time.
So, I'm Winning?
So, I'm frustrating?
So, I'm silly?
Hey "Dick for Brains". I don't fell sorry for that demented, loopy C#nt
Everyone on this forum with a thinking brain knows that I'm one of the strongest, if not THE strongest debater on this forum.
If you had a 9 inch dong when you were 14, you'd have talked about it, too.
Finally, ISSUES, you bet, FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF, Not a chance

The days of taking anything on this forum seriously is over for all of us...Now, tell the moron that baaaaas all the time what you think of him
Jay

Paris, TN

#93470 Apr 11, 2013
HotC_2-point-0 wrote:
<quoted text>
good stuff

LOL....like you had time to read all that and check out all the links when you're on here every two seconds.

Go do your homework like a good 8th grader!
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

#93471 Apr 11, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do I. Wannabe know-it-alls? Good one! Mostly I don't read the crap any of them post if it's longer than two sentences because no matter what they say it's nonsense, lies, BS, smart-ass remarks, worthless time consuming blabber.
I do like your posts though. Oh Gawd, before this finishes posting I will have been graded by the libturds. They hurry and comment so no one else has a chance.....and we all know how they do it. LOL..dumbasses!!!
Liar, you read my posts, everybody does

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Obama Bitches 99,361
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 hr silverfox 58,678
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr xxxrayted 34,478
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 8 hr Another Damn Liberal 65,015
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 9 hr Mechanic_45 1,449
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 hr miss tuffet 164,752
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 9 hr State of Florida 61,541
More from around the web