'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 189799 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Dec 11

.

#77882 Jan 28, 2013
did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever wonder why abortion has been legal for 40 years?
I'll give you 4 reasons why....
(1) Pat Nixon
(2) Nancy Reagan
(3) Barbara Bush
(4) Laura Bush
Is this a list of SCJ's who decided Roe V. Wade?

nuff said!

You so CRAZY!
did u know

Union City, TN

#77883 Jan 28, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a list of SCJ's who decided Roe V. Wade?
nuff said!
You so CRAZY!
You're crazy!! You're the fools that are getting played!!!
did u know

Union City, TN

#77884 Jan 28, 2013
did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever wonder why abortion has been legal for 40 years?
I'll give you 4 reasons why....
(1) Pat Nixon
(2) Nancy Reagan
(3) Barbara Bush
(4) Laura Bush
all Republican first ladies since Eisenhower were pro-choice

- Pat Nixon became the first incumbent First Lady to endorse the Equal Rights Amendment. She was the first to disclose publicly her pro-choice view on abortion ...

https://www.google.com/search...

- Betty Ford advocated for women's reproductive freedom and for that, those of us who are pro-choice, are grateful.
http://www.jillstanek.com/2011/07/be...ortion...

-Nancy revealed she is pro-choice when she threw her support behind steam-cell research.
http://news.google.com/newspapers...

- Barbara Bush said the Republican Party should drop an anti-abortion plank from its national platform.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071901...

-Laura Bush For Gay Marriage & Pro-Choice!


I should have also added Betty Ford...
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#77885 Jan 28, 2013
Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
You post that, and yet you don't mentions one singel word about Benghazi? Hypocrite!
Our Embassy in the GREEN ZONE had multitudes of attacks with the highest protection inside Iraq.

Stop watching Fox News Propaganda Channel.
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#77886 Jan 28, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bayshore poster is not without "BIAS"...and not quite fully convinced by the Dimocrat crap-a-palooza.
99.9% of Republicans in Congress are prostitutes for Wall Street.

97.9% of Democrats in Congress are prostitutes for Wall Street.

==========

The Best Energy Bill Corporations Could Buy: Summary of Industry Giveaways in the 2005 Energy Bill / http://tinyurl.com/n7ofd
On August 8, 2005, President Bush signed into the law the energy bill; on July 28,the U.S. House of Representatives voted 275 to 156 to approve the energy bill; and on July 29, the U.S. Senate voted 74 to 26 to approve the energy bill.
Since 2001, energy corporations have showered federal politicians with $115 million in campaign contributions—with three-quarters of that amount going to Republicans. This cash helped secure energy companies and their lobbyists exclusive, private access to lawmakers, starting with Vice-President Dick Cheney’s Energy Task Force, whose report provided the foundation of the energy bill passed by Congress and signed by President Bush on August 8.
http://www.citizen.org/cmep/energy_enviro_nuc...

Since: Dec 11

.

#77887 Jan 28, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Embassy in the GREEN ZONE had multitudes of attacks with the highest protection inside Iraq.
Stop watching Fox News Propaganda Channel.
By By mental Midget !
I will now be PAID for my writing!
Your denial does not affect me, or my opinion of your ignorance!

When you reach my level perhaps I'll address your lack of intelligent argument!

AL, show me something real and you will become part of my posse!
No anonymous Kitty Cats!
PS; If you are Really Sassy...I have something for that also.

Since: Dec 11

.

#77888 Jan 28, 2013
did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
You're crazy!! You're the fools that are getting played!!!
The people being "played" are those thinking a baby is like breaking an egg to bake a cake...the entire premise is "Half-Baked"!

This may be all from me...I will be PAID for my writing style for here on!

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#77890 Jan 28, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Rand Paul said"If she worked for me,she would be fired"
Actually

Rand Paul said : "Had I been president at the time, and I found that you did not read the cables from Benghazi, you did not read the cables from Ambassador Stevens, and I would have relieved you of your post. I think it's inexcusable."

In Reality

Barack Obama was and is the President of the United States of America & rand paul doesn't get to decide what is or what is not "inexcusable"

& Tea Parties are for Little Girls...
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#77891 Jan 28, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
By By mental Midget !
I will now be PAID for my writing!
Your denial does not affect me, or my opinion of your ignorance!
When you reach my level perhaps I'll address your lack of intelligent argument!
AL, show me something real and you will become part of my posse!
No anonymous Kitty Cats!
PS; If you are Really Sassy...I have something for that also.
Listen up.

What I have forgotten, you did not even learn yet.

Who pays Rush "From Drugs" Lying Corporatist Limbaugh's salary?

Corporations which laughs all the way to the bank.

In the twentieth century it was the Liberal Progressive Era that benefited most Americans.

The New Deal, The Fair Deal, The GI Bill, and the Great Society.

That’s American history Ya Bush Dope Ya!

Where were you educated?
The school of Rush "From Drugs" Lying Corporatist Limbaugh?

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary
June 28, 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/26oskq
Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.
Speaking at a $4,600-a-seat fundraiser in New York for Senator Hillary Clinton, Mr Buffett, who is worth an estimated $52 billion (£26 billion), said:“The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busines...
DESOTO

Morehead, KY

#77892 Jan 28, 2013
TruthHere wrote:
<quoted text>She wouldn't work for Paul. He's too much like his nutty dad.
I agree 100% LOL
DESOTO

Morehead, KY

#77893 Jan 28, 2013
ANTHONY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually
Rand Paul said : "Had I been president at the time, and I found that you did not read the cables from Benghazi, you did not read the cables from Ambassador Stevens, and I would have relieved you of your post. I think it's inexcusable."
In Reality
Barack Obama was and is the President of the United States of America & rand paul doesn't get to decide what is or what is not "inexcusable"
& Tea Parties are for Little Girls...
Rand Paul is worthless. I don't like him at all.I really think he is a Sewer Rat.
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#77894 Jan 28, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Rand Paul said"If she worked for me,she would be fired"
Forget Paul, he is not connected to Wall Street.

His Father Ron received Millions and Millions of votes in 2008 and was not allowed to speak at the Corporate Republican Party Convention.

Corporate Jeb Bush or Corporate Chris Christie

VS

Corporate Hillary Clinton or Corporate Andrew Cuomo.

==========

Vote for Change? Atrocity-Linked U.S. Officials Advising Democratic, GOP Presidential Frontrunners / January 03, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/2blb3d
Independent journalist Allan Nairn and American Conservative correspondent Kelley Beaucar Vlahos discuss a little-addressed facet of the 2008 campaign: many of the top advisers to leading presidential candidates are ex-U.S. officials involved in atrocities around the world
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/3/vote_for...
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#77895 Jan 28, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
99.9% of Republicans in Congress are prostitutes for Wall Street.
97.9% of Democrats in Congress are prostitutes for Wall Street.
==========
The Best Energy Bill Corporations Could Buy: Summary of Industry Giveaways in the 2005 Energy Bill / http://tinyurl.com/n7ofd
On August 8, 2005, President Bush signed into the law the energy bill; on July 28,the U.S. House of Representatives voted 275 to 156 to approve the energy bill; and on July 29, the U.S. Senate voted 74 to 26 to approve the energy bill.
Since 2001, energy corporations have showered federal politicians with $115 million in campaign contributions—with three-quarters of that amount going to Republicans. This cash helped secure energy companies and their lobbyists exclusive, private access to lawmakers, starting with Vice-President Dick Cheney’s Energy Task Force, whose report provided the foundation of the energy bill passed by Congress and signed by President Bush on August 8.
http://www.citizen.org/cmep/energy_enviro_nuc...
Barack Obama voted for this corrupt energy bill that Cheney wanted.

H.R. 6 (Energy Policy Act of 2005 ) Barack Obama voted with Bush and Cheney and for Big Oil. http://tinyurl.com/bpu6v
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#77896 Jan 28, 2013
Bbl

or

Tomorrow.

If your lucky.

lol
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#77897 Jan 28, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbya Bush had a Republican Congress until 2006 and did not overturn Roe vs Wade.
Then Dumbya Bush picked two rightwing Justices Alito and Roberts who have the votes to overturn Roe vs Wade and DID NOT DO IT.
So what do YOU glean from these truthful facts?
BTW: The Republican Congress was from 1994-2006.
Bush tried:

The GOP led Congress first passed similar laws banning "partial-birth abortion" in December 1995, and again October 1997, but they were vetoed by President Bill Clinton.[14]

In the House, the final legislation was supported in 2003 by 218 Republicans and 63 Democrats. It was opposed by 4 Republicans, 137 Democrats, and 1 independent. Twelve members were absent, 7 Republicans and 5 Democrats.[15] In the Senate the bill was supported by 47 Republicans and 17 Democrats. It was opposed by 3 Republicans, 30 Democrats, and 1 independent.[16] Two Senators were absent, Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Tx.), a supporter of the bill, and John Edwards (D-NC), an opponent of the bill.

The only substantive difference between the House and Senate versions was the Harkin Amendment expressing support for Roe v. Wade.[17] A House-Senate conference committee deleted the Harkin Amendment, which therefore is absent from the final legislation.[1] On November 5, 2003, after being passed by both the House and the Senate, the bill was signed by President George W. Bush to become law.

The constitutionality of the law was challenged immediately after the signing. Three different U.S. district courts declared the law unconstitutional.[18][19][20] All three cited the law's omission of an exception for the health of the woman (as opposed to the life of the woman), and all three decisions cited precedent set by Roe v. Wade (1973) and Stenberg v. Carhart (2000). The federal government appealed the district court rulings, which were then affirmed by three courts of appeals.[21][22][23] The Supreme Court agreed to hear the Carhart case on February 21, 2006,[24] and agreed to hear the companion Planned Parenthood case on June 19, 2006.[25]

On April 18, 2007 the Supreme Court in a 5-4 decision, Gonzales v. Carhart, held that the statute does not violate the Constitution. Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote for the majority which included Justices Samuel Alito, Clarence Thomas, Antonin Scalia, and Chief Justice John Roberts. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote the dissent which was joined by Stephen Breyer, David Souter, and John Paul Stevens.[26] Kennedy's majority opinion argued that the case differed from Stenberg v. Carhart, a 2000 case in which the Supreme Court struck down a state ban on "partial-birth abortion" as unconstitutional, in that the Partial Birth Abortion Act defined the banned procedure more clearly. In dissent, Ginsburg argued that the decision departed from established abortion jurisprudence, and that lack of a health exception "jeopardizes women’s health and places doctors in an untenable position." The replacement of O'Connor by Alito was identified as a key difference between the 5-4 decision against the Nebraska law in Stenberg and the 5-4 support for the abortion ban in Gonzalez.[27]
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#77898 Jan 28, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Can give us every detail of a military officers affair and resignation but 4 months later still won't tell citizens what happened in Benghazi.
Can tell citizens what guns they can or can not own but cite Executive Privilege and invoke silence when asked about the murder of Brian Terry with White House loaned guns.
....and they are going to nominate Killary for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Unbelievable.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#77899 Jan 28, 2013
HeavensonFire wrote:
<quoted text>
City Streets will be apocalyptic ruins!
Rat traps nailed to central park trees will be like grocery stores, 1st come, 1st served! How do you like your rat? BBQ or roasted over oily skid?
The movie "The Road" comes into mind, when I read your post.

Except, they ate the people instead of rats.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#77900 Jan 28, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Rand Paul said"If she worked for me,she would be fired"
I hope he would fire alot more than just Killary....alot more.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#77902 Jan 28, 2013
did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever wonder why abortion has been legal for 40 years?
I'll give you 4 reasons why....
(1) Pat Nixon
(2) Nancy Reagan
(3) Barbara Bush
(4) Laura Bush
When did it become law, the first ladies enact the laws, with the exception of Michelle Obama?

Hey, it didn't bother Michelle to toss her own race to the streets when she needed the beds in the hospital she was in charge of to bring in paying patients to occupy them and collect federal funds sick of the phrase--federal funds,the truth is its tax payer's money)at the same time.She was bringing in the bucks (no pun intended)in Chicago.

She was collecting the dollars, enough to double her salary. Hmmmm, then her own race reported her and it is real funny but her attorney's license has been put on the shelf, so they say.

I find it appalling and disgusting how many people will point the finger the other direction on abortion or say "well, I don't support abortion but I support the woman's choice to have an abortion."

This is nothing but a coward's way and a murderer's way. If you support the right of the woman, you just as well abort the baby yourself.

Amazing, all the cowards in this nation who find it exciting to kill innocent babies.

Please, next time add the wives of the dems., oh yeah, no need to we know their evil intentions.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#77904 Jan 28, 2013
did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
all Republican first ladies since Eisenhower were pro-choice
- Pat Nixon became the first incumbent First Lady to endorse the Equal Rights Amendment. She was the first to disclose publicly her pro-choice view on abortion ...
https://www.google.com/search...
- Betty Ford advocated for women's reproductive freedom and for that, those of us who are pro-choice, are grateful.
http://www.jillstanek.com/2011/07/be...ortion...
-Nancy revealed she is pro-choice when she threw her support behind steam-cell research.
http://news.google.com/newspapers...
- Barbara Bush said the Republican Party should drop an anti-abortion plank from its national platform.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071901...
-Laura Bush For Gay Marriage & Pro-Choice!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HtNabdDx_mUXX
I should have also added Betty Ford...
Which ones are the judges who ruled on abortion laws?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 7 min Jason 17,753
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 21 min Huh 939
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr ChicknButtisguest 69,654
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr REPUBLICANS LIE 102,153
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr Dalai Lama 80,034
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 11 hr TexasFarter 19,878
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) 15 hr Wondering 13
More from around the web