Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#17760 Aug 18, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Judging and taking giant leaps of judgement as I accused are two very different things. You are again arguing something in your own mind.
Really, you need to focus on my words a bit better.
No Mike, I don't need to focus on your words. I need you to prove your first sentence is correct by using the definitions of the words "judge" and "judgement" to explain this sentence. It's going to come back to haunt you but your track record for explaining the meaning of words is not very good.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#17761 Aug 18, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And you have the right to vote for such. Not the bar manager part.
I see it as fair, you do not. I get it. I do not see it as a penalty. I see the person making that much being able to do so because of what the country give opportunity for, so he must pay for that service. That is just the way I see it. I can understand if you do not. As I keep saying, there is no Utopian system, and not all is perfectly fair in the world.
And making 32k is not equal to making 420k. So not sure why you keep accusing us of asking for equal outcomes.
I do think in America we do 'now' have more equal opportunities. No thanks to the bigots who try to stop them. But what you seem to not understand is, we are not all asking to be rich or have equal outcomes. We do ask for equal opportunities. Republicans fight that part tooth and nail.
Equal outcomes...Welfare, Medicare/Medicaid, Foodstamp programs like the Wic programs, disability payments, Social Security. We all pay for them. Gay marriage recognized as legal marriage. Etc.

They all have absolutely nothing to do with equal outcomes. Nothing like sitting around and collecting entitlements.

Location hidden

#17762 Aug 18, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mitt is the one who said he has paid at least 13% on his past taxes. Maybe you should watch some news once in a while instead of just the commercials and American Idol.
I have told you why we want to see the returns. Can you not read? OK, I will repeat myself seeing as you cannot read so well.
Now focus.
Mitt is running on an agenda of lowering taxes for the rich. So we democrats would like to see if the rich are paying to much taxes. If Mitt is paying to much, and we can see it on paper, he may have a case, but we feel he is not paying enough. So we wish to see the evidence.
Maybe you are not familiar with the agenda democrats have had for many decades. We wish the rich pay a fair amount of the taxes. Have you never heard this before? News flash.
This is a simple issue. Sorry fox news will not tell you guys why we wish to see the tax returns. One day that channel will be fair and balanced. I am joking, it will never tell you the whole story.
The Obama ad said in 2010, Mitt made 20 million and only paid 14% in taxes. I believe that is around 1.5 million in taxes paid. 1.5 million.

When is the last time you wrote a check for that in taxes Mike?

Location hidden

#17763 Aug 18, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Judging and taking giant leaps of judgement as I accused are two very different things. You are again arguing something in your own mind.
Really, you need to focus on my words a bit better.
I found a link that might help you with your understanding of words and root words:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5796807_word-roots.ht...

Location hidden

#17764 Aug 18, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mitt is the one who said he has paid at least 13% on his past taxes. Maybe you should watch some news once in a while instead of just the commercials and American Idol.
I have told you why we want to see the returns. Can you not read? OK, I will repeat myself seeing as you cannot read so well.
Now focus.
Mitt is running on an agenda of lowering taxes for the rich. So we democrats would like to see if the rich are paying to much taxes. If Mitt is paying to much, and we can see it on paper, he may have a case, but we feel he is not paying enough. So we wish to see the evidence.
Maybe you are not familiar with the agenda democrats have had for many decades. We wish the rich pay a fair amount of the taxes. Have you never heard this before? News flash.
This is a simple issue. Sorry fox news will not tell you guys why we wish to see the tax returns. One day that channel will be fair and balanced. I am joking, it will never tell you the whole story.
Sorry, I am tired, it is 2.8 million he paid in taxes. Even so, still paid considerably more in taxes, as required by law. Personally, I would be more concerned about the 45% of Americans that don't even pay or file their taxes instead of focusing on the ones that do.

Location hidden

#17765 Aug 18, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am tired, it is 2.8 million he paid in taxes. Even so, still paid considerably more in taxes, as required by law. Personally, I would be more concerned about the 45% of Americans that don't even pay or file their taxes instead of focusing on the ones that do.
Amen on that!!!

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#17766 Aug 18, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
That would help.Its midnite where y'all are at.I'm sleepy.Everybody be safe.

Location hidden

#17767 Aug 19, 2012
Here's a funny article that has something for everybody!!!\\http://www.ameri canthinker.com/2012/08/the_def iant_ones.html

Location hidden

#17768 Aug 19, 2012

“Vote”

Houston

#17769 Aug 19, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
You got a thing for Biden there MN.If he IS a lability to Obama I have to say that Ryan seems to be pulling Romney down a bit.Palin destroyed McCAIN.Would you agree or disagree with that? By the way.....I never DID know how you came up with your moniker.

“Vote”

Houston

#17770 Aug 19, 2012
That should be MB.

“Vote”

Houston

#17771 Aug 19, 2012
Bacon...want to....do something mind blowing? Check out quantum physics.You will be...blown away.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#17772 Aug 19, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
No Mike, I don't need to focus on your words. I need you to prove your first sentence is correct by using the definitions of the words "judge" and "judgement" to explain this sentence. It's going to come back to haunt you but your track record for explaining the meaning of words is not very good.
Oh, so you admit taking words out of context? I see, thanks for showing us why you are always arguing something no one is arguing.
I like topix because I learn how others think. You show us clearly how you think.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#17773 Aug 19, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal outcomes...Welfare, Medicare/Medicaid, Foodstamp programs like the Wic programs, disability payments, Social Security. We all pay for them. Gay marriage recognized as legal marriage. Etc.
They all have absolutely nothing to do with equal outcomes. Nothing like sitting around and collecting entitlements.
Gay marriage is an equal opportunity. You and your kind do not allow for equal opportunity.
Food stamps and welfare does not give one equal outcome. I doubt someone on food stamps is eating what Mitt eats. Yes, they both get to eat food, but I would hardly call that an equal outcome.

Location hidden

#17774 Aug 19, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not the issue. The issue is did he file proper returns and give accountability to money placed in Swiss Bank Accounts and The Cayman Islands, or did he avoid doing so in order not to pay taxes on this amount? Notice how both Mitt and Ann avoid the words "income taxes" when discussing this matter. How many areas of life does just the word "taxes" cover? He could easily solve this issue by simply releasing the 5 years requested. Like everyone, I don't know. Don't you think the public deserves to know the facts? Aren't you the least bit curious that a man running for the highest office could possibly be a felony tax evader?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#17775 Aug 19, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama ad said in 2010, Mitt made 20 million and only paid 14% in taxes. I believe that is around 1.5 million in taxes paid. 1.5 million.
When is the last time you wrote a check for that in taxes Mike?
If I made twenty million, I would gladly write such checks. But I do not, so I do not.
Like I said, this is a battle of ideas, if Mitt feels he is paying enough, he should show the returns.
He refuses for a reason. What is that reason? We think it is because he is actually paying less than 13%. Why should I believe Mitt?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#17776 Aug 19, 2012
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I found a link that might help you with your understanding of words and root words:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5796807_word-roots.ht...
Key word 'root', now look up context.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#17777 Aug 19, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Those other people are not running for president. Mitt's agenda demands we be concerned about how much rich people pay. It is completely relevant to the issues of the day.
Obama's birth certificate was never relevant in comparison.

“Vote”

Houston

#17778 Aug 19, 2012
How did we get here from Biden?

“Vote”

Houston

#17779 Aug 19, 2012
Time for church in the Carolinas.I'm getting ready for church .Church's Chicken.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 min TRUMPANZEES 105,232
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 6 min Bayless 84,877
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) 17 min Truth hurts liberals 18
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min HILLARY 2016 232,871
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 29 min WhoaBuddy 82,861
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 50 min Billy 91,061
Election Who are you voting for in the Michigan Governor... (Oct '14) 22 hr Water 22
More from around the web