State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50729 Apr 11, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Rock I believe the liberal Americans here are lumping all conservatives together as very bad people.This question of raising taxes to support babies who aren't aborted at birth is an example.They could raise my taxes until I couldn't afford shoes, if these babies could be saved.Black babies, white, yellow, brown, and every color in between.If every one of these babies grew up to be far left liberals I'd still count myself lucky to have contributed in a small way to their being alive.
Complete Bullshit. You rail against food stamps and welfare the way it is now. If there were more to support, you would go completely nuts! And you know.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50730 Apr 11, 2014
And I guess Rock is too cs to answer a simple question. He has avoided the hell out of it so far.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50731 Apr 11, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
The really ironic thing is I am also from an old Southern family from.....Savannah, Georgia!! I find it amazing that StateofFlorida is too. We could be related. OMG! Who knows.
I have Confederate soldiers in my family tree. In one little old Southern town there is still a statue of an ancestor of mine, a Confederate hero. I am sure that State will answer your question but I want to answer it as well. I don't think the belief systems that are acceptable today should be used against people of past eras. Anyone who has studied and admired Jefferson knows how impossible that is to do.
The Civil War was a stupid mess. But then again, all wars are. The majority of the Confederate soldiers were just dupes for a rich man's war. Again, which is what most wars are.
You.State.Patriot.
All from Savannah? That is very interesting.Didn't know you all knew one another on a personal basis.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50732 Apr 11, 2014
The War Between the States was fought over Lighthouses, Roads, Bridges, Infrastructure, Trade with England and France, Taxes Collected in the South and Spent in the North........

The Primary Source of Revenue at that time came fromTaxes collected by Port City Customs Officers. Look at a Map, the Yankee Ports run Only from Maine to Maryland. The Southern Port Cities run all the way down the East Coast, around Florida, and on around the coast of the Gulf of Mexico to Mexico..

The vast bulk of U.S. Taxes were collected in the South and Spent in the North.

The U.S./ Coast Guard was formed to prevent ships from offloading their cargo along the Coast without paying the Tariff Taxes on their cargo.

The Founding Fathers sowed the seeds of the War Between the States when they allowed representation in the House of Representatives by Population.
The Northern Politicians outnumbered and outvoted the Southern Politicians on every Tax Spending Proposal.

Fistfights and Hatred was common in the House of Representatives for decades BEFORE the Civil War... There was ONLY One Remedy to the intolerable situation..Secession from the Union..
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50733 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot wrote:
The South Chose the Name Confederacy because in the original U.S. Articles of Confederation, any State that wanted to withdraw from the Union was allowed to do so.
CSA President Jefferson Davis Was THE leading Authority on the U.S. Constitution in the United States.
The Radical Republicans wanted to take him to court and charge him with Sedition and Treason. They didn't because they were warned by the Top Lawyers in the North that Jeff Davis would PROVE in Court that the South had every right to leave the Union...
U.S. Officials went to the Prison Dungeon where Davis was chained to the wall and offered him his Freedom IF he would leave the U.S.A. for One Year...
Jefferson agreed and went to England, stayed one year, and went home to his plantation.
Do you think that states with opposing political philosophies or views, should be forced into a federation together?
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50734 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot secession was a disaster.The agricultural South, had only two railroads.Almost no industry to speak of.There was almost no chance for real victory.The fact that the war lasted so long was a tribute to Southern toughness and desire.This also contributed greatly to the horrific casualties on both sides.The movie"Django"portray ed Southerners as slobbering morons and cowards.Still, it was an enjoyable movie.Can't take everything personally!
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50736 Apr 11, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think that states with opposing political philosophies or views, should be forced into a federation together?
The Founding Fathers didn't think so..........
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50737 Apr 11, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete Bullshit. You rail against food stamps and welfare the way it is now. If there were more to support, you would go completely nuts! And you know.
State I've never been against food stamps, or welfare, you nitwit.I used to live under a bridge.I've had food stamps, and I've been on welfare.They were there, when I needed them.Now, I'm standing up, at least metaphorically. Do you just get all the conservatives rolled up together in your head? That's what racists do, they lump certain groups of people together in their heads, as"all alike".Just stop it man. Treat me like a person.I'll do the same for you.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50738 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
The Founding Fathers didn't think so..........
No state can be allowed to secede.You know this, as do I.As much as it pains me to agree with you, you are correct.Money is the reason why no state can be allowed to secede.Money trumps everything......
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50739 Apr 11, 2014
In the end, it comes down to this.Do you support Bulldogs, or Yellowjackets?
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50740 Apr 11, 2014
I spent weeks researching the causes of the War Between the States in Public Libraries.

I could NOT understand why Poor White People, Dirt Farmers, and Middle Class People who NEVER Owned Slaves would go out and Charge Cannons loaded with Grape Shot so that RICH White Folks could keep their Slaves.

If you believe that WHOPPER then you have to believe that MOST of The People in the South were Total Morons and Imbeciles.

One key thing to remember is that a 23 year old muscular slave cost as much or More than 600 Acres of Land... Who could afford them..

What did the Poor White Folks, the dirt farmers, the loggers, the carpenters, the harness makers, the lumber yard workers THINK about Slavery ?????

Answer: They DESPISED Slavery, which they saw as Unfair Competition for Jobs and Home Made Products for Sale...

How did they feel about the Rich Wealthy People??
Answer: the Same way they do today..

Can you picture Me fighting and risking being maimed or killed to protect the Koch Brothers' Right to hire and work thousands of Illegal Aliens???
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50741 Apr 11, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
The really ironic thing is I am also from an old Southern family from.....Savannah, Georgia!! I find it amazing that StateofFlorida is too. We could be related. OMG! Who knows.
I have Confederate soldiers in my family tree. In one little old Southern town there is still a statue of an ancestor of mine, a Confederate hero. I am sure that State will answer your question but I want to answer it as well. I don't think the belief systems that are acceptable today should be used against people of past eras. Anyone who has studied and admired Jefferson knows how impossible that is to do.
The Civil War was a stupid mess. But then again, all wars are. The majority of the Confederate soldiers were just dupes for a rich man's war. Again, which is what most wars are.
You are mistaken, My Great Grandfather was No Dope and he was Not Duped into fighting a Rich Man's War.

He was Hopping Mad with the Yankee Controlled U.S. House of Representatives and I would have been right there with him....

The Final Straw in the simmering hatred between the North and South came with the "Buy American" excessive Tariff Tax that was levied by Yankee Congressmen on Southerners.

The Yankee Manufacturers of Hardware and Farm Implements Kept Going Up on their Prices. The South discovered they could Buy those same goods of Better Quality from England and France CHEAPER and so they did.

The Yankee Businessmen went to their Representatives with the "Buy American Tariff" and got them to Pass it and drive the prices of imported goods even higher than Yankee goods.

Every Southerner was OUTRAGED... The prices for plows, hoes, axes, hammers, nails, screws, rakes, etc... went UP and Up....
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50742 Apr 11, 2014
The North was Raping the South and Using the Yankee Congressmen to Make the South like it...
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50743 Apr 11, 2014
Read Republican President Abraham Lincoln's "Great" Emancipation Proclamation and you will See it is Pure Unadulterated War Proganda B.S....

It only declares the Slaves inside the States in Rebellion Free, with NO power to do that until the War was over...

The most telling thing about it is, that it Exempts the Northernmost Counties of Virginia, Certain Loyal Parishes in Louisiana, and the Border States. They could keep their Slaves, what kind of Crap is that?

So why did Lincoln write it??

England and France desperately Wanted to get into the War on the Side of the South, for Business Reasons and Trade, of course, not because they loved the South.,,.

Lincoln had the Emancipation Proclamation posted by U.S. Agents All over England, France, and Ireland to turn the people against the efforts of their governments to get in the War..

Ireland was a different case, they wanted Irish men to join the U.S. Army, and they did, with the USA paying their way to America, giving them $20.00 a month, uniforms, boots, etc... The Irish got Paid to come to America and fight the South.

Every time my Great Grandfather's Regiment encountered the 4 leaf clover flag on the Battlefields, the 61st Georgia poured it on them and tried to kill as many Irish as possible. They despised the Irish Union Soldiers and looked on them as Paid Killers....
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50744 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot wrote:
Read Republican President Abraham Lincoln's "Great" Emancipation Proclamation and you will See it is Pure Unadulterated War Proganda B.S....
It only declares the Slaves inside the States in Rebellion Free, with NO power to do that until the War was over...
The most telling thing about it is, that it Exempts the Northernmost Counties of Virginia, Certain Loyal Parishes in Louisiana, and the Border States. They could keep their Slaves, what kind of Crap is that?
So why did Lincoln write it??
England and France desperately Wanted to get into the War on the Side of the South, for Business Reasons and Trade, of course, not because they loved the South.,,.
Lincoln had the Emancipation Proclamation posted by U.S. Agents All over England, France, and Ireland to turn the people against the efforts of their governments to get in the War..
Ireland was a different case, they wanted Irish men to join the U.S. Army, and they did, with the USA paying their way to America, giving them $20.00 a month, uniforms, boots, etc... The Irish got Paid to come to America and fight the South.
Every time my Great Grandfather's Regiment encountered the 4 leaf clover flag on the Battlefields, the 61st Georgia poured it on them and tried to kill as many Irish as possible. They despised the Irish Union Soldiers and looked on them as Paid Killers....
The War Between the States is over, but maybe not? ANTAGONISM still exists.Lord knows, New York hates Texas, and vice versa...
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50745 Apr 11, 2014
Lab grown vaginas have been successfully implanted in girls who were born without a vagina, just labia Or, is that"labias"? I'm not familiar with the plural of that word. ANYWAY, I've apparently lived too long.......I didn't even know there were girls born without those, vaginas. World is changing way too fast for me, likely........
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50746 Apr 11, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> The War Between the States is over, but maybe not? ANTAGONISM still exists.Lord knows, New York hates Texas, and vice versa...
I am Very Angry because they keep on pushing the Yankee War Propaganda and LIES....

These Lies serve no purpose and this stupid Propaganda agitates racial tension and race relations in the Southern States to this day.

I have a picture of Company "B" Tattnall County Rangers, 61st Georgia Regiment taken in front of the Tattnall County Court House in Reidsville, Ga with 5 Negros in with the Veterans of my Great Grandfather's Regiment... So much for racism.. These Negro Teamsters often took up arms on the Battlefield and fired on the Yankees too...
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50747 Apr 11, 2014
The CSA requested that the USA turn over ALL Forts to the Confederacy and evacuated their U.S. Soldiers...

The USA complied and every Federal Fort was turned over to the South, including Fort Jackson and Fort Pulaski in Savannah, Ga.

The USA complied with the single Exception of Fort Sumpter in Charleston, South Carolina.

Lincoln held on to that One Fort while he mulled over what to do about the Southern States leaving the Union...

The Northern Businessmen were all over Abraham Lincoln wanting him to Force the South to come back in the Union. They knew the South would completely STOP doing business with them and England and France would have exclusive Trade with the South.. OMG !! My Money, My money $$$.

And the South fell into their hands by sending a message to the USA saying that ANY Attempt to Resupply Fort Sumpter would be considered an act of War..

Railroad Lawyer Lincoln let the $ Money Grubbers talk him into it, so he sent in supply ships to Fort Sumpter and the War was on...

The South Should Have let the Yankees sit out there in Fort Sumpter in Charleston Harbor until they got tired of hanging around...
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50748 Apr 11, 2014
What did Slavery have to do with the War?? Virtually NOTHING...

Abraham Lincoln's Standing Orders to his commanders and soldiers at Hilton Head, South Carolina , and various other Union strongholds in the South was that "All Runaway Slaves coming into Union Lines Shall Be Returned To Their Owners."

Lincoln didn't change those Orders until after the Battle of Gettysburg...
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#50749 Apr 11, 2014
History is a funny thing.I was raised to believe that the South was nothing but pure evil slave butchering hate mongers.When I aged,I was able to gain access to a more detailed version of the Civil War.As usual, there is more to a subject than reveals itself at first blush.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Le Jimbo 182,367
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min The WB 66,578
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 8 min Tuffet 8,012
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Truth is might 19,749
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr bacon hater 76,486
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr xxxrayted 35,315
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Kentucky (Ohi... (Oct '10) 8 hr Berry Brown 113
More from around the web