Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#49520 Mar 28, 2014
Red Square wrote:
I like the change from Dumbya's Great Recession and warmongering just fine. Should have come sooner. The CPUSA has about as much influence in U.S. politics as the WCTU. The old red paranoia ain't working like it used to.
I bet if the ancient Romans could field a 25 man baseball team they could give the Cubbies a run for their money, though I think Obama is a White Sox fan.
I'm glad you're feeling better.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#49521 Mar 28, 2014
Change is the only constant. Happy with the way things are? Wait. Unhappy with the way things are? Wait......

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#49522 Mar 28, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember the Republicans (the Bush administration) being called anything for Bush's drug plan extensions (there was more than one). In fact, no one called them anything. Every single big government program has problems in the beginning. Medicare, Social Security, etc.....all had problems that took years to straighten out. Obamacare won't be repealed. Nor should it be. It was a Republican plan (Heritage Foundation) that Republicans all the way back to Nixon tried to get implemented. The Republicans' own presidential candidate put it into effect. The only reason Republicans now are against it is because they know that when people finally realize how lucky they are to have it (just like the Democrats' Social Security & Medicare) it will be a lose/lose for the GOP. The GOP already has dwindling demographics. Old white people are the last bastion of the GOP. Which is ironic because they vote against their best interests when they vote Republican. When they are gone, the GOP is doomed. They know that. They are ON RECORD saying that they FEAR Obamacare's success.
Social Security and Medicare are unsustainable in their present form. Many Republicans spoke against Medicare Part D. Medicare patients do not have the treatment choices that others do because some doctors and hospitals won't accept Medicare patients.. The same is true for Obamacare. The poor start for program is only the tip of the iceberg. Medical care quality and availability will suffer. Get this straight, Victoria. Medical care is not a right because no one is required to practice medicine.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#49523 Mar 28, 2014
Rock, Seriously, in this new divided US that you support, what would be some of the programs and politicies that the south would innitiate? Would equal rights be on the agenda in regard to race, or would we return to the days of the old south and segregation? What other policies do you hope for as a reality to come to pass?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#49524 Mar 28, 2014
Waco, you better back off. Victoria is killing you.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#49527 Mar 28, 2014
Hey State any comment on your buddy Ex-Mayor Cannon? ;)
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#49528 Mar 28, 2014
I'm glad I'm feeling better too. Personally I felt okay during the Bush II administration too, but the dude was too much of a disaster. Pols can only do so much and none of them are anywhere near perfect, so one can't expect everything from them.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#49529 Mar 28, 2014
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>Social Security and Medicare are unsustainable in their present form. Many Republicans spoke against Medicare Part D. Medicare patients do not have the treatment choices that others do because some doctors and hospitals won't accept Medicare patients.. The same is true for Obamacare. The poor start for program is only the tip of the iceberg. Medical care quality and availability will suffer. Get this straight, Victoria. Medical care is not a right because no one is required to practice medicine.
I see. So you think poor people should die without healthcare because only a select few should be able to see doctors based on how much money they have? Really? And "some" doctors and "some" hospitals are not the majority of either.

Since when do Republicans like you only believe health care should be for the rich? Is that Christian? Is that moral? Is that ethical? No. No. And NO.

Having more people pay into the system means the system's costs are lowered for everybody. That is why REPUBLICANS created the plan. Personal responsibility......remember? The old tired refrain that Right Wingers throw out whenever they please, but conveniently ignore when it doesn't fit into their hypocritical agenda.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#49531 Mar 28, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> looks like Bush's plan was a lot more popular than Obama's. By the way, I don't recall Democrats being against it then. Your interpretation of the future of the Republican party is flawed, in part because your contempt of all things Republican. You see what you want to see, which reduces your credibility. But, if you think you're soon going to be living in a world of chirping songbirds, pink sunshine and free medical care for all because the nasty old Republican party will be dead and gone, good. Overconfidence in an opponent is always desirable.
I am wealthy enough to afford my own healthcare. My concerns are not about me. I am doing fine. My concerns are for the future of this country.

Every other civilized country provides healthcare for its citizens. It is insane that the richest country in the world can't get their act together because of a bunch of crazy old republican white men who should have never been elected in the first place.

Look, I know what I am talking about when it comes to the future of the GOP. Without old white men, they would have ceased to exist long ago. Their policies are non-existent unless you believe in nothing else except "more tax cuts for the rich". They offer nothing for the middle class. Every single decent thing the government has provided the American people in recent history has come from the Democratic party.

I know the demographics. I know what young people believe in. And the one thing they don't believe in is anything today's GOP is offering up.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#49532 Mar 28, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>Better yet, I can throw my pus-infected maggot filled vaginal tampons and your bloody HIV infected butt tampons at them.
This sick person is not me. Leave it to some despicable misogynistic pig to try and discredit another person just because they lack the ability to discuss anything in a civilized manner.

All over the internet hateful men like this faker do their best to intimidate women. Sad. Disgusting.
hole in the wall

United States

#49533 Mar 28, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
Rock, Seriously, in this new divided US that you support, what would be some of the programs and politicies that the south would innitiate? Would equal rights be on the agenda in regard to race, or would we return to the days of the old south and segregation? What other policies do you hope for as a reality to come to pass?
dumbass
hole in the wall

United States

#49534 Mar 28, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>Better yet, I can throw my pus-infected maggot filled vaginal tampons and your bloody HIV infected butt tampons at them.
dumbass
Waco 1909

Moore, SC

#49535 Mar 28, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
This sick person is not me. Leave it to some despicable misogynistic pig to try and discredit another person just because they lack the ability to discuss anything in a civilized manner.
All over the internet hateful men like this faker do their best to intimidate women. Sad. Disgusting.
How would you know it's a man? I'd hate to think you made the post yourself, just to attack men.What's next?
Waco 1909

Moore, SC

#49536 Mar 28, 2014
Victoria if you say it isn't you, it isn't you.
Facts Hurt

Washington, DC

#49537 Mar 28, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I am wealthy enough to afford my own healthcare. My concerns are not about me. I am doing fine. My concerns are for the future of this country.
Every other civilized country provides healthcare for its citizens. It is insane that the richest country in the world can't get their act together because of a bunch of crazy old republican white men who should have never been elected in the first place.
Look, I know what I am talking about when it comes to the future of the GOP. Without old white men, they would have ceased to exist long ago. Their policies are non-existent unless you believe in nothing else except "more tax cuts for the rich". They offer nothing for the middle class. Every single decent thing the government has provided the American people in recent history has come from the Democratic party.
I know the demographics. I know what young people believe in. And the one thing they don't believe in is anything today's GOP is offering up.
Who is hurting the middle class?
Gas prices UP
Food prices UP
Utility prices UP
Health care costs UP
Median family income DOWN
Taxes UP

52% of Americans think the US is weaker then it was 6 years ago; obummer has a 38 % approval rating; GOP wins in San Diego (mayor) and house seat in Florida. Kay Hogface did not appear with obummer when he was in NC this year - gee she was busy LOL; how bout Benghazi, IRS - the list goes on. Where is the transparency that was promised?
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#49538 Mar 28, 2014
Biden says, illegals are Americans. Good thing he isn't pandering to the Hispanic vote!! I'm just wondering, with illegals being Americans and all, why any of them would want to stay where they were born, when they can come here, get medical care and food stamps?? They'd be crazy not to!!
TSF

Angier, NC

#49539 Mar 28, 2014
With around 35,000 persons in the USA dying each year because they have no insurance and therefore cannot reasonably expect medical care, we still have persons like Robert who are insulated from the problem and have no concern for it
Right now around 4% of doctors refuse to accept medicare patients because of the low , slow reimbursements and because of the heavy paperwork burden. Many of those same doctors refuse to accept ANY insurance and only accept cash or credit card payment. The problem for the wealthy is that, without insurance, they will not long remain wealthy when they have a medical problem. Then there will only be wealthy doctors. These opt out doctors tend to be concentrated in metropolitan areas with concentrations of wealth. So, the wealthy can just move or travel to where these selective doctors are located.
Meanwhile, it the rest of the real world , there remain around 96% of real doctors who accept reasonable fees and insurance for their services. A majority of those actually provide medical services beyond just scanning your credit cards. So, the availability insurance and doctors for the middle class and poor really isn't a serious threat to the wealthy after all.
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So you think poor people should die without healthcare because only a select few should be able to see doctors based on how much money they have? Really? And "some" doctors and "some" hospitals are not the majority of either.
Since when do Republicans like you only believe health care should be for the rich? Is that Christian? Is that moral? Is that ethical? No. No. And NO.
Having more people pay into the system means the system's costs are lowered for everybody. That is why REPUBLICANS created the plan. Personal responsibility......remember? The old tired refrain that Right Wingers throw out whenever they please, but conveniently ignore when it doesn't fit into their hypocritical agenda.
TSF

Angier, NC

#49540 Mar 28, 2014
In the start of the republican depression, here is something that hurt the middle class

Gas prices hit record $4.086 a gallon - AAA - Jun. 30, 2008

money.cnn.com/2008/06/30/news/economy
Facts Hurt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is hurting the middle class?
Gas prices UP
Food prices UP
Utility prices UP
Health care costs UP
Median family income DOWN
Taxes UP
52% of Americans think the US is weaker then it was 6 years ago; obummer has a 38 % approval rating; GOP wins in San Diego (mayor) and house seat in Florida. Kay Hogface did not appear with obummer when he was in NC this year - gee she was busy LOL; how bout Benghazi, IRS - the list goes on. Where is the transparency that was promised?
Facts Hurt

Washington, DC

#49541 Mar 28, 2014
TSF wrote:
In the start of the republican depression, here is something that hurt the middle class
Gas prices hit record $4.086 a gallon - AAA - Jun. 30, 2008
money.cnn.com/2008/06/30/news/economy
<quoted text>
GAS PRICES JANUARY 2009 = 1.89 per GALLON - the same month the czar got sworn into office WHAT IS YOUR POINT?
TSF

Angier, NC

#49542 Mar 28, 2014
Regardless of their gender, the I agree that the tasteless poster is a despicable misogynistic pig
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> How would you know it's a man? I'd hate to think you made the post yourself, just to attack men.What's next?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 27 min Hillary Clinton 84,162
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Another Damn Liberal 102,199
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr they got nothing 112,490
Election Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) Mon Leat Cha 7,078
Election Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Oct 15 Badnfluinz 8,716
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) Oct 14 mEAT me in st louie 110,162
Election Who are you voting for in the California Govern... (Oct '14) Oct 13 Leaving California 20
More from around the web