Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#49507 Mar 28, 2014
So how does any of that prove that reading, writing and arithmetic are communist subjects?
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The Communist Party USA was supportive of several candidates in the 2004 election cycle including Frank Barbaro, Cynthia McKinney, Barack Obama, Betty Castor, Nancy Farmer and Inez Tenenbaum. It would be helpful for each district to single out House seats that can be swung from Republican to Democrat to develop our list of key races, which includes progressive Frank Barbaro in New York and Cynthia McKinney in Georgia. A number of exciting candidates are emerging in the Senate, in the first place Barak Obama in Illinois, and also several progressive women including Betty Castor seeking to retain retiring Bob Graham's seat as Democrat; Nancy Farmer seeking to defeat Kit Bond in Missouri; Inez Tenenbaum seeking to retain retiring Fritz Hollings seat as Democrat.
The Communist Party USA actively campaigned for Obama during his successful 2004 Illinois Senate race. Activists from Illinois were immersed in the campaign to elect Barak Obama to the U.S. Senate. Obama won a landslide victory in the March 16 Democratic primary. If Obama wins in November, it would be a historic victory for the Communist party. It was a victory for political independence and grassroots, coalition, and issue oriented politics over the machine and money, said John Bachtell, Illinois Communist Party district organizer.
From a November 21 2004 report to the Communist Party USA National Committee "The Communist Party USA and the 2004 Elections: Build the Party, Build the Coalitions. Started a new Young Communist club by the end of the year. A total of 19 new members in the YCL and Party. A new club in Saginaw emerged from a national/district team that helped on a local campaign which elected a township trustee. A new club in the Upper Peninsula formed after a visit by local Communist Party leaders. New clubs in Lansing and Ann Arbor will be formed by the end of the year. 27 new members and an increase the YCL to 2500 a week. This in the process of participating in the movement from Illinois to Wisconsin to put that state over the top for Kerry, participating in the historic election of Barak Obama to the US Senate, and the successful campaign of Melissa Bean, defeating incumbent Republican Congressman Philip Crane.
The Communist Party at work in America.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49508 Mar 28, 2014
Ukraine lives in fear as Russians mass armor on border.... Maybe they can throw MRE'S at them...
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49509 Mar 28, 2014
Although administration says six million have signed up for Obamacare.... They refuse to say how many are actually paying.... They also refuse to say how many of the six million.... ALREADY HAD INSURANCE..... and as usual, they have announced another extension.....
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#49510 Mar 28, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Although administration says six million have signed up for Obamacare.... They refuse to say how many are actually paying.... They also refuse to say how many of the six million.... ALREADY HAD INSURANCE..... and as usual, they have announced another extension.....
So what if they announced another extension? Bush gave everyone a six month extension on his drug program and not one Republican whined about that.

I'm curious, if you had insurance before you were paying for people who did NOT have "personal responsibility" and refused to buy insurance. That's right....your insurance costs were HIGHER to cover those who had no insurance. Did you like that? Are you someone who makes excuses for moochers?

"Bush Issued A Similar Delay During Medicare Part D Implementation

Bush Administration Waived Fees For Seniors Who Faced Enrollment Deadline

Under Medicare Part D. A May 2006 McClatchy article pointed out steps taken under former President George W. Bush to waive penalties and extend enrollment deadlines for seniors under his Medicare Part D rollout:

With pressure mounting to extend next Monday's enrollment deadline for the Medicare prescription-drug benefit, the Bush administration took another small step in that direction Tuesday, waiving penalty fees for very low-income seniors and people with disabilities who sign up late.

The move follows a recent administration decision to allow the same impoverished beneficiaries to sign up for Medicare drug coverage until Dec. 31.[McClatchy, 5/9/06]

Fox Still Used the Delay Announcement To Attack The Law And The Obama Administration "
Taxpayer

Smithfield, NC

#49511 Mar 28, 2014
TSF wrote:
So how does any of that prove that reading, writing and arithmetic are communist subjects?
<quoted text>
Communist Party policy.
In undermining a nation such as the United States, the infiltration of the educational process is of prime importance. The Communists have made the infiltration of schools and colleges one of the major considerations in their psychological warfare designed to gain control of American youth. By such "cultural" work, the Soviet fifth column obtains an influence, directly or indirectly, over at least a portion of American youth. Some of the young men entering our armed forces, and some of the young women who must support them, are brought within the orbit of pro-Communist thinking, to the detriment of our national security. Future community leaders are also affected. Many by-products benefic to the Communist infiltration, is concealed Communists in education or their friends become sponsors of Communist fronts, aid in financing Communist causes, and sometimes play a part in influencing the attitudes of certain scientists, specific church circles, and government agencies.
As early as 1924, in lectures delivered at the Sverdlov University in Moscow, Stalin specified "cultural and educational organizations" as valuable allies in the Communist battle for world Communism. This lectures are now the Foundations of Leninism, published and studied widely by the Communists. The extensive infiltration began in the schools and colleges of this country encouraged by American recognition of Soviet Russia, and stimulated by the Open Letter to the Party. The Trojan horse policy of the Communist Front, which had been initiated at the Seventh World Congress of the Communist International, gave added impetus to this activity. They considered that enough progress had been made in the schools and colleges to justify a special article of directives be issue called The Communist. The article, "The Schools and the People's Front, laid it down as a necessity that "Marxist-Leninist analysis must be injected into every class. In order that this might be accomplished successfully, the Party must take careful steps to see that all teachers are given thorough education in the teachings of Marxism-Leninism. It was stressed that "Communist teachers are faced with a tremendous social responsibility. They must affect the children's thinking, and they must mobilize other teachers. But all of this was to be done from the work in the classroom to the agitation among other teachers "without exposing themselves”.
This is the instruction which runs through all directives to the infiltrators of our schools and colleges. They must exercise their Communist influence, without exposing themselves. Only when teachers have really mastered Marxism-Leninism will they be able to inject it into their teaching at the least risk of exposure.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#49512 Mar 28, 2014
But I am asking how any of that applies to reading, writing and arithmetic. Is communistic arithmetic different from democratic arithmetic? Are the multiplication tables the same? Does 2+2= 4 in communist arithmetic? What sinister message lurks in arithmetic?
Can you do simple arithmetic? What does Sara Palin and your power meter say about arithmetic?
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Communist Party policy.
In undermining a nation such as the United States, the infiltration of the educational process is of prime importance. The Communists have made the infiltration of schools and colleges one of the major considerations in their psychological warfare designed to gain control of American youth. By such "cultural" work, the Soviet fifth column obtains an influence, directly or indirectly, over at least a portion of American youth. Some of the young men entering our armed forces, and some of the young women who must support them, are brought within the orbit of pro-Communist thinking, to the detriment of our national security. Future community leaders are also affected. Many by-products benefic to the Communist infiltration, is concealed Communists in education or their friends become sponsors of Communist fronts, aid in financing Communist causes, and sometimes play a part in influencing the attitudes of certain scientists, specific church circles, and government agencies.
As early as 1924, in lectures delivered at the Sverdlov University in Moscow, Stalin specified "cultural and educational organizations" as valuable allies in the Communist battle for world Communism. This lectures are now the Foundations of Leninism, published and studied widely by the Communists. The extensive infiltration began in the schools and colleges of this country encouraged by American recognition of Soviet Russia, and stimulated by the Open Letter to the Party. The Trojan horse policy of the Communist Front, which had been initiated at the Seventh World Congress of the Communist International, gave added impetus to this activity. They considered that enough progress had been made in the schools and colleges to justify a special article of directives be issue called The Communist. The article, "The Schools and the People's Front, laid it down as a necessity that "Marxist-Leninist analysis must be injected into every class. In order that this might be accomplished successfully, the Party must take careful steps to see that all teachers are given thorough education in the teachings of Marxism-Leninism. It was stressed that "Communist teachers are faced with a tremendous social responsibility. They must affect the children's thinking, and they must mobilize other teachers. But all of this was to be done from the work in the classroom to the agitation among other teachers "without exposing themselves”.
This is the instruction which runs through all directives to the infiltrators of our schools and colleges. They must exercise their Communist influence, without exposing themselves. Only when teachers have really mastered Marxism-Leninism will they be able to inject it into their teaching at the least risk of exposure.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49513 Mar 28, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if they announced another extension? Bush gave everyone a six month extension on his drug program and not one Republican whined about that.
I'm curious, if you had insurance before you were paying for people who did NOT have "personal responsibility" and refused to buy insurance. That's right....your insurance costs were HIGHER to cover those who had no insurance. Did you like that? Are you someone who makes excuses for moochers?
"Bush Issued A Similar Delay During Medicare Part D Implementation
Bush Administration Waived Fees For Seniors Who Faced Enrollment Deadline
Under Medicare Part D. A May 2006 McClatchy article pointed out steps taken under former President George W. Bush to waive penalties and extend enrollment deadlines for seniors under his Medicare Part D rollout:
With pressure mounting to extend next Monday's enrollment deadline for the Medicare prescription-drug benefit, the Bush administration took another small step in that direction Tuesday, waiving penalty fees for very low-income seniors and people with disabilities who sign up late.
The move follows a recent administration decision to allow the same impoverished beneficiaries to sign up for Medicare drug coverage until Dec. 31.[McClatchy, 5/9/06]
Fox Still Used the Delay Announcement To Attack The Law And The Obama Administration "
Ironic , that when the evil Republican party wanted a lousy one year delay, they were called every name in the book, plus a couple I had to look up in a dictionary. That was my point. The delays don't bother me a bit, otherwise.I AM curious, as to how many people have actually received treatment under Obamacare. Just curious. I don't see Obamacare being repealed, but even some Democrats are in favor of some changes in the program.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#49514 Mar 28, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Ironic , that when the evil Republican party wanted a lousy one year delay, they were called every name in the book, plus a couple I had to look up in a dictionary. That was my point. The delays don't bother me a bit, otherwise.I AM curious, as to how many people have actually received treatment under Obamacare. Just curious. I don't see Obamacare being repealed, but even some Democrats are in favor of some changes in the program.
I don't remember the Republicans (the Bush administration) being called anything for Bush's drug plan extensions (there was more than one). In fact, no one called them anything. Every single big government program has problems in the beginning. Medicare, Social Security, etc.....all had problems that took years to straighten out. Obamacare won't be repealed. Nor should it be. It was a Republican plan (Heritage Foundation) that Republicans all the way back to Nixon tried to get implemented. The Republicans' own presidential candidate put it into effect. The only reason Republicans now are against it is because they know that when people finally realize how lucky they are to have it (just like the Democrats' Social Security & Medicare) it will be a lose/lose for the GOP. The GOP already has dwindling demographics. Old white people are the last bastion of the GOP. Which is ironic because they vote against their best interests when they vote Republican. When they are gone, the GOP is doomed. They know that. They are ON RECORD saying that they FEAR Obamacare's success.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#49515 Mar 28, 2014
So, the Roman Colosseum reminds Obama of Wrigley Field. What a pathetically small man we have as our President!
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49516 Mar 28, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember the Republicans (the Bush administration) being called anything for Bush's drug plan extensions (there was more than one). In fact, no one called them anything. Every single big government program has problems in the beginning. Medicare, Social Security, etc.....all had problems that took years to straighten out. Obamacare won't be repealed. Nor should it be. It was a Republican plan (Heritage Foundation) that Republicans all the way back to Nixon tried to get implemented. The Republicans' own presidential candidate put it into effect. The only reason Republicans now are against it is because they know that when people finally realize how lucky they are to have it (just like the Democrats' Social Security & Medicare) it will be a lose/lose for the GOP. The GOP already has dwindling demographics. Old white people are the last bastion of the GOP. Which is ironic because they vote against their best interests when they vote Republican. When they are gone, the GOP is doomed. They know that. They are ON RECORD saying that they FEAR Obamacare's success.
looks like Bush's plan was a lot more popular than Obama's. By the way, I don't recall Democrats being against it then. Your interpretation of the future of the Republican party is flawed, in part because your contempt of all things Republican. You see what you want to see, which reduces your credibility. But, if you think you're soon going to be living in a world of chirping songbirds, pink sunshine and free medical care for all because the nasty old Republican party will be dead and gone, good. Overconfidence in an opponent is always desirable.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49517 Mar 28, 2014
Robert Stowe wrote:
So, the Roman Colosseum reminds Obama of Wrigley Field. What a pathetically small man we have as our President!
Wrigley Field will be older than the Colosseum by the time the Cubs win a championship.
State of TSF

Atlanta, GA

#49518 Mar 28, 2014
TSF wrote:
You vehemence toward a Christian lady is appalling. I am so shocked and surprised that a republican would stoop to such low expressions of depravity. I am sure your ranting's will sway lots of independents to vote with you. You should attend a finishing school where you could become less obnoxious socially and more acceptable in matters of personal hygiene.
<quoted text>
Give him the name of yours - wait a minute it, obviously it didnt work for you - Mr Dementia - aka The Senile Fudgeboy.
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#49519 Mar 28, 2014
I like the change from Dumbya's Great Recession and warmongering just fine. Should have come sooner. The CPUSA has about as much influence in U.S. politics as the WCTU. The old red paranoia ain't working like it used to.

I bet if the ancient Romans could field a 25 man baseball team they could give the Cubbies a run for their money, though I think Obama is a White Sox fan.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49520 Mar 28, 2014
Red Square wrote:
I like the change from Dumbya's Great Recession and warmongering just fine. Should have come sooner. The CPUSA has about as much influence in U.S. politics as the WCTU. The old red paranoia ain't working like it used to.
I bet if the ancient Romans could field a 25 man baseball team they could give the Cubbies a run for their money, though I think Obama is a White Sox fan.
I'm glad you're feeling better.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49521 Mar 28, 2014
Change is the only constant. Happy with the way things are? Wait. Unhappy with the way things are? Wait......

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#49522 Mar 28, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security and Medicare are unsustainable in their present form. Many Republicans spoke against Medicare Part D. Medicare patients do not have the treatment choices that others do because some doctors and hospitals won't accept Medicare patients.. The same is true for Obamacare. The poor start for program is only the tip of the iceberg. Medical care quality and availability will suffer. Get this straight, Victoria. Medical care is not a right because no one is required to practice medicine.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#49523 Mar 28, 2014
Rock, Seriously, in this new divided US that you support, what would be some of the programs and politicies that the south would innitiate? Would equal rights be on the agenda in regard to race, or would we return to the days of the old south and segregation? What other policies do you hope for as a reality to come to pass?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#49524 Mar 28, 2014
Waco, you better back off. Victoria is killing you.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#49527 Mar 28, 2014
Hey State any comment on your buddy Ex-Mayor Cannon? ;)
Red Square

Hendersonville, NC

#49528 Mar 28, 2014
I'm glad I'm feeling better too. Personally I felt okay during the Bush II administration too, but the dude was too much of a disaster. Pols can only do so much and none of them are anywhere near perfect, so one can't expect everything from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min voter 186,119
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 15 min Stray- Dog 13,981
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 16 min OWNING the DANald 101,959
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 35,482
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Sundog512 77,711
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr WhoaBuddy 68,641
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 9 hr Farts 900
More from around the web