Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 1,981)

Showing posts 39,601 - 39,620 of54,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

TSF wrote:
Giving paper and pencil to indigent elementary children is unlikely to teach slothfulness. NOT giving them education most certainly will encourage ignorance, poverty, squalor , intolerance and hopelessness. Trying to get the ignorant to understand the importance of education to our future is kind of like trying to teach pigs to sing.
<quoted text>
Giving paper and pencil to elementary children doesn't guarantee success either. If choosing between the current education system or none at all, would there really be that much of a difference? The current system is failing our youth while robbing the taxpayers! If you want to give a real education, take the govt out of schools by abolishing the DOE, cut the fat from EVERY county school administration, and get rid of the teachers unions which would allow the administrations to fire the inadequate teachers, actually pay a livable wage to those remaining and those who aspire to become teachers. There's a reason private schools have a better student success rate than govt schools, you get what you pay for.
An education is a privilege, not an entitlement! This is the way other countries view education and it's also the reason they kick our a$$ every year! In China, classrooms look like seminars with class sizes averaging around 70 students, yet most 8th graders in China are smarter than our graduating govt school seniors! Many are bilingual while our seniors can barely use the English language correctly.
And you are correct, pigs can't sing. Anyone remember Rosanne Barr singing the National Anthem?
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

TSF wrote:
Giving paper and pencil to indigent elementary children is unlikely to teach slothfulness. NOT giving them education most certainly will encourage ignorance, poverty, squalor , intolerance and hopelessness. Trying to get the ignorant to understand the importance of education to our future is kind of like trying to teach pigs to sing.
<quoted text>
Hey T,Obamacare is going down fast so how about you and me take a trip to the White House,get naked and I go down on you in front of Obama? Let's make some news while we make some love,sweetheart.You know I always swallow.
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Giving kids paper and pen does not guarantee success . But failing to give them paper, pen and books certainly guarantees failure. Failure of the public schools has become an objective of the republican party in NC because: 1. its expense and 2. because educated people are less likely to fall for the BS republican propaganda. Their goal is getting closer to achievement through underfunding. Benjamin Franklin astutely observed that one can never pull himself up by pulling others down. Killing education for the masses will not improve anything for our nation. It will only increase the dependency of those unable to care for themselves and drag society down with crime, insurrection, disease etc.. Let them Eat Cake philosophy has been tried before with disastrous results. There are not enough cops to insulate the haves from the have nots. I have always been pretty much a law abiding citizen, but do not imagine that I would starve knowing that you have food.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Giving paper and pencil to elementary children doesn't guarantee success either. If choosing between the current education system or none at all, would there really be that much of a difference? The current system is failing our youth while robbing the taxpayers! If you want to give a real education, take the govt out of schools by abolishing the DOE, cut the fat from EVERY county school administration, and get rid of the teachers unions which would allow the administrations to fire the inadequate teachers, actually pay a livable wage to those remaining and those who aspire to become teachers. There's a reason private schools have a better student success rate than govt schools, you get what you pay for.
An education is a privilege, not an entitlement! This is the way other countries view education and it's also the reason they kick our a$$ every year! In China, classrooms look like seminars with class sizes averaging around 70 students, yet most 8th graders in China are smarter than our graduating govt school seniors! Many are bilingual while our seniors can barely use the English language correctly.
And you are correct, pigs can't sing. Anyone remember Rosanne Barr singing the National Anthem?
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

The "system" was not responsible for my indoctrination. My parents indoctrinated me to take care of myself first but to help others when possible. Thankfully, I have never gone hungry even one day in my life. I have enjoyed everything that I really needed and have accumulated much more than I had ever imagined even possible. It happened , not because of a silver spoon, but because of industriousness and hard, but measured for effectiveness , work.
Hard work ,by itself , will only get you an early grave. People need education to help understand the complexity of modern society and how to use their earnings effectively. The education haters are either misguided or malicious.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>As Robert has pointed out, you don't interpret this gesture in this manner because you've been indoctrinated by the system. The teachers don't see it as begging because they too have also been indoctrinated by the same system. The children are taught at this young age to rely on others instead of themselves, the Commucrat's Marxist agenda of Collectivism instead of the Republicans agenda of Individualism! By teaching this collectivism, they're molding our youth into relying on others, and that "other" eventually becomes the govt. As they grow older they're used to relying on others so they then struggle when they're thrown into the real world. This euthopian world they've been indoctrinated into believing really doesn't exist! They think they're entitled to a job/career, a house, a car, etc... because someone else has always provided for them. Once they realize that they must earn their way, most fail miserably! This Marxist collectivism is taught in almost every classroom in almost every subject.
We believe in individualism. In the words of J.C. Watts, "the only helping hand you can rely on is at the end of your sleeve."
As Ronald Reagan suggested, the Commucrats believe the govt is the solution to every problem, we believe the govt IS the problem! Take the govt and their Marxist agendas out of the schools and our future will be much brighter!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

TSF wrote:
Giving kids paper and pen does not guarantee success . But failing to give them paper, pen and books certainly guarantees failure. Failure of the public schools has become an objective of the republican party in NC because: 1. its expense and 2. because educated people are less likely to fall for the BS republican propaganda. Their goal is getting closer to achievement through underfunding. Benjamin Franklin astutely observed that one can never pull himself up by pulling others down. Killing education for the masses will not improve anything for our nation. It will only increase the dependency of those unable to care for themselves and drag society down with crime, insurrection, disease etc.. Let them Eat Cake philosophy has been tried before with disastrous results. There are not enough cops to insulate the haves from the have nots. I have always been pretty much a law abiding citizen, but do not imagine that I would starve knowing that you have food.
<quoted text>
It's not a question of funding. We spend more money per student in this country than any other nation. Yet, our students under perform. A big part of this problem is cultural. We have far too many single parent households most of which are headed by unmarried women. The stigma of illegitimacy has disappeared. Children from single parent households are at a distinct disadvantage but we continue to make it easy for people to have children they are not equipped to rear.
Bulldog

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said anything about NOT giving anyone an education. Giving SOME, materials that others are REQUIRED to furnish for themselves does what??? What is the "mindset" that walks away from that? Ever seen kids teased for receiving the free lunch program? We are talking about kids and they can be very cruel to each other. What does that teach?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a question of funding. We spend more money per student in this country than any other nation. Yet, our students under perform. A big part of this problem is cultural. We have far too many single parent households most of which are headed by unmarried women. The stigma of illegitimacy has disappeared. Children from single parent households are at a distinct disadvantage but we continue to make it easy for people to have children they are not equipped to rear.
The cultural scene in America is often overlooked.Kids are all"winners"now no matter how badly they underperform.Foreign students are no longer worried about competing against American students.Frankly we are no longer competitive except in texting.
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

I agree that the funding provided could be used more effectively and much more efficiently. Nationally, for every 39 teachers actually teaching children, there are 61 administrative and support personnel. The money given to the army of superintendents, assistant superintendents, associate superintendents, curriculum supervisors, coordinators, purchasing agents, drop out prevention councilors, etc, all making 100K + salaries + expenses + bonuses+ travel+ cars+++ should be directed toward the needed supplies and teachers. Most of the public has only seen the highly visible and underpaid teachers and have not a clue about even the existence of the high paid fluff found in administration.
Even so, NC remains near the bottom of the heap in per student funding. The NC republican race to the bottom is becoming reality.
Robert Stowe wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a question of funding. We spend more money per student in this country than any other nation. Yet, our students under perform. A big part of this problem is cultural. We have far too many single parent households most of which are headed by unmarried women. The stigma of illegitimacy has disappeared. Children from single parent households are at a distinct disadvantage but we continue to make it easy for people to have children they are not equipped to rear.
commucrat

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Robert Stowe wrote:
Let's see. Do you think that a 55% divorce rate may also factor into single parent households? Curtural? What culture?
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

commucrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see. Do you think that a 55% divorce rate may also factor into single parent households? Curtural? What culture?
OK, that may be true, but the real question here is will you allow your peter to explore inside my rear end and mouth? And what the hell is the word Curtural? Your spelling is awful!!!!!
Bulldog

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Last June, lawmakers passed a biennial state budget that included $7.44 billion for K-12 public schools for
the 2012-13 school year.

on:
How many teachers could a
school district buy with $1 million?
Answer:
The total operating revenue for the
NC Education Lottery in 2010-11 was $1,464,640,000. Currently,
about 30 percent of that revenue goes to education. Yet, even
if the NC Education Lottery gave ALL of its revenue to schools,
it would only cover about 19 percent of the state’s total budget
for K-12 public schools
.ncpublicschools.org/docs/budg et/communication/budgetguide.p df
»
Among the top 11 participating education systems in the
world for 4th & 8th grade math scores on the 2011 Trends
in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS)
»
36th in SAT scores
»
22nd in ACT scores
»
21st in the percentage of seniors who took at
least 1 Advanced Placement exam in high school
»
12th in 4th grade math, according to the National
Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
»
24th in 4th grade reading, according to NAEP
»
22nd in 8th grade math, according to NAEP
»
34th in 8th grade reading, according to NAEP
»
Among the bottom 10 states in per pupil funding
»
41st in teacher pay (2010-11 school year
commucrat

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>OK, that may be true, but the real question here is will you allow your peter to explore inside my rear end and mouth? And what the hell is the word Curtural? Your spelling is awful!!!!!
My spelling is indeed horrible. Your vulgar language is so much worse. Besides, since I am a female, I do not have one of those objects that you desire for sexual pleasure. Sorry. You can probably find one in the gutter where you live if you look hard enough. Good luck.

“We stole the Statue of Liberty”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Have we landed yet

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

In an America where everyone is a"winner", its no wonder American students can't compete with foreign students.The ability to compete has been bred our of our students.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

commucrat wrote:
<quoted text>
My spelling is indeed horrible. Your vulgar language is so much worse. Besides, since I am a female, I do not have one of those objects that you desire for sexual pleasure. Sorry. You can probably find one in the gutter where you live if you look hard enough. Good luck.
I'm bisexual,bipolar and sometimes homeless,I did not know you were a female.How about putting on a strap-on,that will work just fine with me for my sexual gratification.I'm looking hard for your strap-on hard-on!
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Not bad in the context that NC is 48 th in per student expenditure.
Looks like we are getting our money's worth and then some.
Bulldog wrote:
Last June, lawmakers passed a biennial state budget that included $7.44 billion for K-12 public schools for
the 2012-13 school year.
on:
How many teachers could a
school district buy with $1 million?
Answer:
The total operating revenue for the
NC Education Lottery in 2010-11 was $1,464,640,000. Currently,
about 30 percent of that revenue goes to education. Yet, even
if the NC Education Lottery gave ALL of its revenue to schools,
it would only cover about 19 percent of the state’s total budget
for K-12 public schools
.ncpublicschools.org/docs/budg et/communication/budgetguide.p df
»
Among the top 11 participating education systems in the
world for 4th & 8th grade math scores on the 2011 Trends
in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS)
»
36th in SAT scores
»
22nd in ACT scores
»
21st in the percentage of seniors who took at
least 1 Advanced Placement exam in high school
»
12th in 4th grade math, according to the National
Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
»
24th in 4th grade reading, according to NAEP
»
22nd in 8th grade math, according to NAEP
»
34th in 8th grade reading, according to NAEP
»
Among the bottom 10 states in per pupil funding
»
41st in teacher pay (2010-11 school year
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

I think the republikan race to the bottom now has NC teacher pay as 47 th. Republikans would have achieved their objective of bottom were it not for backward states like Mississippi and West Virginia.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

The USA spends about 10888 dollars per pupil.Japan spends 8700 and South Korea 6700.The students of both countries handily outperform American students.So,TSF, shall we merely throw money at our students our should we be a bit more resourceful?
Bulldog

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

After World War II, the United States had the #1 high school graduation rate in the world. Today, we have dropped to # 22 among 27 industrialized nations.(OECD, 2012)
American students rank 25th in math, 17th in science and 14th in reading compared to students in 27 industrialized countries.(OECD, 2012)
By the end of the eighth-grade, U.S. students are two years behind in math compared to their peers in other countries.(OECD, 2009)
The U.S. ranks behind 13 other countries in terms of the percentage of 25-34 year-olds who have completed some college coursework.(OECD, 2012)
American students tend to perform worse in math and science as they age, according to recent studies measuring fourth- and eighth-graders' academic achievement against other industrialized nations. Gaps with high performing countries like South Korea and Singapore are widening.(TIMSS, 2012)
Bulldog

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

For the first time, most Americans think it is unlikely that today’s youth will have a better life than their parents.(Gallup poll, 2011)
American social mobility is increasingly becoming a thing of the past. Nearly two-thirds of children born to parents in the bottom income quintile remain stuck in the lowest two quintiles as adults.(Haskins, Ron (February 2008). "Education and Economic Mobility". In Isaacs, Julia B.; Sawhill, Isabel V.; Haskins, Ron. Getting Ahead or Losing Ground: Economic Mobility in America. Brookings Institution.)
Only 4 percent of Americans raised at the bottom of the economic ladder will rise to the top as adults.(“Pursuing the American Dream: Economic Mobility Across Generations; Pew Charitable Trusts, July, 2012.)
Nearly two-thirds of African-Americans who grew up in middle class families will fall to the lower rungs as adults.(“Pursuing the American Dream: Economic Mobility Across Generations; Pew Charitable Trusts, July, 2012.)
Public schools in other countries are more of a lever for social mobility that help children of all backgrounds realize their potential than they are in the U.S.(OECD, June, Education at a Glance, 2012)
The health of typical high school dropout, by age 18, is similar to that of a more educated person in his 40s.(College Board Advocacy & Policy Center, 2010)
White men with four years of college live 14.2 years longer than black men who drop out of high school. White women with college degrees live 10.3 years longer than black female high school dropouts.(Olshansky, et al., 2012)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,601 - 39,620 of54,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••