Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 1,971)

Showing posts 39,401 - 39,420 of54,771
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

I could ask the same WTF are you talking about question. You were mystified as to why you could not find the name of fundraising organizations which just weeks ago gave $1.8 million dollars to republikans for passing laws favorable to the finance industry. You know as well as I that the issue isn't about interest rates per se. Its about obvious bribery of our corrupt republikan public officials. Treason to our democracy. But republikans don't care about democracy. All they care about is tax breaks for the rich, raising taxes on grannie's social security, to spitefully end unemployment benefits to the unemployed as if there are tens of thousands out there not already looking for jobs, to stifle public education and creating the republican version of insularity , ignorance and pc totalitarianism . You are a poster child for their product of stupidity..
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>WTF are you talking about. I simply asked about a non-profit. When people don't answer and jump to another topic it looks kinda... well you know. High risk loans means higher repayment fees. The Sec. of State would not have "their listing" as a non-profit. Who bought votes in Caldwell Co? There hasn't even been an election yet. Oh, I forgot, Democrats "Remember History" and blame Bush or Nixon or who pardoned the guy in Swiss land?????oh yeah Clinton.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Who bought votes in Caldwell Co? There hasn't even been an election yet

Conveniently a republican would forget the only massive voter fraud to occur in NC in the last 50 years occurred in Lee--noir.. Probably because it was perpetrated by corrupt criminal republikans for a corrupt republikan sheriff . Your statement would be accurate if you changed it to : There hasn't even been an HONEST election yet.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Going to and have are different. For instance I remember headlines in the Lee-noir No News Topic "New River Builders to create 36 new jobs." Caldwell County republican commissioners gave them such a large incentive (of taxpayer money) that New River made over $10,000 just by accepting ownership of the property.
I have been driving by there daily for the last 10 years. I have never seen more than 3 cars in the parking lot. I guess the job creation has been forgotten. Has the money been returned to Caldwell County Taxpayers? Not no but hell no.
justasayin wrote:
Jul 1, 2013, 11:49 am EDT
Hiring up, paychecks down in the Triangle
Hiring in the Triangle jumped by 0.7 percent in June over May, while paychecks shrank by 0.1 percent, says Glenview, Ill.-based SurePayroll…
Furniture Company to Create 220 Jobs in Harnett County
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Heating manufacturer to expand in Buncombe County
Monday, June 24, 2013
DB Global Technology, Inc. to create 431 jobs in Wake County
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Adhesives manufacturer to expand in Randolph County
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Down side, paychecks "shrank" Up side, looks like the jobs are a comin'
http://www.nccommerce.com/smallbusiness/about...
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

what is the name of your non profit?
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Only hearing and seeing what you want to hear and see could apply to you as well. I have given you one truthful account of a non profit 501C4 organization which was hasseled by the IRS for frivolous reasons . The name of that organization has been registered in NC and with the IRS for years . I am not about to publically start using my common good organization's name to try an win blog arguments. The point which you refuse to accept is that the IRS has the DUTY to stop tax fraud. You seem oblivious to the FACT that tax fraud is rampant in the so called "non profit" sector . The fact that a few conservative organizations were also questioned by the IRS does not a conspiracy make. The fact that at least ONE organization (mine) was hasseled does not eliminate the POSSIBILITY of a conspiracy either. But refusing to accept the fact that at least one non profit which was not a conservative political organization was hasseled by the IRS shows bias toward the desired belief in a Clintonesque "vast conspiracy"

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not trying to get the tax records dude. As a non-profit it has to be public record. Your other comments weren't necessary, but given the political climate, I expect then. Once again, the NC unemployment rate only began to decline after the election of a republican governor. Your points are simply baseless, you ignore contrary facts. TSF you are symptomatic of what is wrong with politics in America today. You only hear what you want to hear, and see what you want to see.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Once again, the economy was losing over 1 million jobs per month at the beginning of 2009 as a result of republikans crashing the economy.. Only after a black democrat president was elected, did that situation begin to improve and now we have job gains per month..
Now republikans in NC are working feverishly to crash the economy again. No thanks.
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

What we will never know if the changes are because the president is black, or because the president is democrat. Either way, the association chaps the republikans.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I could ask the same WTF are you talking about question. You were mystified as to why you could not find the name of fundraising organizations which just weeks ago gave $1.8 million dollars to republikans for passing laws favorable to the finance industry. You know as well as I that the issue isn't about interest rates per se. Its about obvious bribery of our corrupt republikan public officials. Treason to our democracy. But republikans don't care about democracy. All they care about is tax breaks for the rich, raising taxes on grannie's social security, to spitefully end unemployment benefits to the unemployed as if there are tens of thousands out there not already looking for jobs, to stifle public education and creating the republican version of insularity , ignorance and pc totalitarianism . You are a poster child for their product of stupidity..
<quoted text>
AGAIN, the NON-PROFIT?????????? Still can't find the non-profit. The one you referenced, only said coming soon. Hasn't been registered anywhere. You are the poster child for running and hiding, head in the sand, bob and weave, shuck and jive, and FOS. Run Forest run..........
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Again slowly. C-a-l-l the S-E-C-R-E-T-A-R-Y of S-t-a-t-e. Perhaps she can explain why you cannot find it. If that doesn't work call the NC Attorney General. Perhaps he can explain if a non registered organization is illegally giving away money at $1.8 million dollars per whack to republikan politicians to pass financial legislation that favors the "contributors". Let me know what you find out. It should be interesting.
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN, the NON-PROFIT?????????? Still can't find the non-profit. The one you referenced, only said coming soon. Hasn't been registered anywhere. You are the poster child for running and hiding, head in the sand, bob and weave, shuck and jive, and FOS. Run Forest run..........
TSF

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Raleigh news & Observer

If the GOP represents a powerful wave of change, so be it. That’s democracy in action. But where’s the wave? Where’s the consensus on the things Republicans want to accomplish?

Instead, six months into the new order there is disorder. The GOP leadership had hoped to end the session by mid-June, or at least before the start of the new fiscal year on Monday. But now the session is rolling on because they can’t agree on budget and tax issues.

The two chambers are most sharply at odds over the size of tax cuts. State Budget Director Art Pope has sent lawmakers a plan for more gradual cuts. The governor himself has not said what he wants in the tax bill.

North Carolina has long prided itself on knowing how to move forward. But the proposed budgets say it should go back in various directions. It should reduce assistance to the needy, pare spending on public schools, tighten spending on health care and shrink the state’s higher education budget.

The House and Senate budgets call for reducing state spending in a growing state by hundreds of millions of dollars a year. And this bitter medicine comes as the state is fifth in the nation in unemployment, 46th in teacher pay and alone among the states in failing to accept a federal extension of unemployment benefits.

The Republican budget and tax measures might be slightly less unacceptable if the party offered them with a sense of unity and confidence. Instead, the proposals emerge from a party in disarray. The governor’s budget chief is shopping a tax plan that the governor has not endorsed. The Senate is freezing action on all House bills until the House gives ground on the Senate’s tax proposal. The heads of the House Finance Committee and the Senate Finance Committee – two men who presumably are among the General Assembly’s experts on budgets and taxes – have resigned amid disagreements with GOP leaders.

Meanwhile,

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/06/29/299870...

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Again slowly. C-a-l-l the S-E-C-R-E-T-A-R-Y of S-t-a-t-e. Perhaps she can explain why you cannot find it. If that doesn't work call the NC Attorney General. Perhaps he can explain if a non registered organization is illegally giving away money at $1.8 million dollars per whack to republikan politicians to pass financial legislation that favors the "contributors". Let me know what you find out. It should be interesting.
<quoted text>
TSF. Get a grip. Your statement can't be proven regarding your non-profit. Let's drop it. Revisit it later. Not that big a deal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Only hearing and seeing what you want to hear and see could apply to you as well. I have given you one truthful account of a non profit 501C4 organization which was hasseled by the IRS for frivolous reasons . The name of that organization has been registered in NC and with the IRS for years . I am not about to publically start using my common good organization's name to try an win blog arguments. The point which you refuse to accept is that the IRS has the DUTY to stop tax fraud. You seem oblivious to the FACT that tax fraud is rampant in the so called "non profit" sector . The fact that a few conservative organizations were also questioned by the IRS does not a conspiracy make. The fact that at least ONE organization (mine) was hasseled does not eliminate the POSSIBILITY of a conspiracy either. But refusing to accept the fact that at least one non profit which was not a conservative political organization was hasseled by the IRS shows bias toward the desired belief in a Clintonesque "vast conspiracy"
<quoted text>
Hey TSF and everyone else. Home for a medical visit for my dad and had to check out Topix.

TSF, how do you pick and choose your arguments over what flavor of "harassment" of the day by the government is right or wrong? I remember how you vehemently thought it was ok for a handful of people in NC to commit voter fraud; however, you tell us the DUTY of the IRS is stop tax fraud. Is it not the the DUTY of the board of elections to investigate and have voter fraud investigated? The DUTY of any government agency is to ensure there isn't fraud in their agency no matter how small or large the agency might be. Wrong is wrong whether it's tax fraud or voting fraud.
buck

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

dang you sound like that laura chick lol. from what i hear you should know about fraud. dang blue its back lol.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Run Forest run.....
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Raleigh news & Observer
If the GOP represents a powerful wave of change, so be it. That’s democracy in action. But where’s the wave? Where’s the consensus on the things Republicans want to accomplish?
Instead, six months into the new order there is disorder. The GOP leadership had hoped to end the session by mid-June, or at least before the start of the new fiscal year on Monday. But now the session is rolling on because they can’t agree on budget and tax issues.
The two chambers are most sharply at odds over the size of tax cuts. State Budget Director Art Pope has sent lawmakers a plan for more gradual cuts. The governor himself has not said what he wants in the tax bill.
North Carolina has long prided itself on knowing how to move forward. But the proposed budgets say it should go back in various directions. It should reduce assistance to the needy, pare spending on public schools, tighten spending on health care and shrink the state’s higher education budget.
The House and Senate budgets call for reducing state spending in a growing state by hundreds of millions of dollars a year. And this bitter medicine comes as the state is fifth in the nation in unemployment, 46th in teacher pay and alone among the states in failing to accept a federal extension of unemployment benefits.
The Republican budget and tax measures might be slightly less unacceptable if the party offered them with a sense of unity and confidence. Instead, the proposals emerge from a party in disarray. The governor’s budget chief is shopping a tax plan that the governor has not endorsed. The Senate is freezing action on all House bills until the House gives ground on the Senate’s tax proposal. The heads of the House Finance Committee and the Senate Finance Committee – two men who presumably are among the General Assembly’s experts on budgets and taxes – have resigned amid disagreements with GOP leaders.
Meanwhile,
Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/06/29/299870...
Yep, gotta love those "Editorials and OPINION" pages. Doesn't even give the name of the writer, wait....hummmm...the initials TSF come to mind.......run, run
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

"In a major concession to business groups, the Obama administration Tuesday unexpectedly announced a one-year delay, until after the 2014 elections, in a central requirement of the new health care law that many companies provide coverage for their workers or face fines." "Tuesday’s action — announced while Obama was traveling back to Washington from his trip to Africa — is sure to anger liberals and labor groups. But it could provide cover for Democratic candidates in next year’s congressional elections." Whose manipulating the voters now? Was not this supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread??? "Health care for all", now it's "Health care for all after you vote". Now who's buying votes? Sounds like the Democrats.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

TSF you should pay lay off the op eds and download"BBC NEWS APP". AS UNBIASED AS IT gets. Incredibly informative.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Chinese banks are refusing to make loans to one another, the Chinese economy teeters on the brink. Don't think it will affect you? Think again.
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Hello Bacon. I never thought any voter fraud was OK. I just thought that voter ID fraud was such an insignificant non problem that it did not warrant the expenditure of millions on top of millions to prevent 2 people from voting with improper ID. On the other hand, republikan VOTE BUYING ON A MASSIVE SCALE was proven in Caldwell County and three persons got prison time as a result. But curiously, republikans never wanted to even discuss VOTE BUYING ON A MASSIVE SCALE but chose instead to focus on voter ID which was never a problem to start with. As a volunteer during the last election, I was assigned the task of helping with provisional ballots. All provisional voter applicants produced ID voluntarily without hesitation. Voter ID just isn't a real problem.
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey TSF and everyone else. Home for a medical visit for my dad and had to check out Topix.
TSF, how do you pick and choose your arguments over what flavor of "harassment" of the day by the government is right or wrong? I remember how you vehemently thought it was ok for a handful of people in NC to commit voter fraud; however, you tell us the DUTY of the IRS is stop tax fraud. Is it not the the DUTY of the board of elections to investigate and have voter fraud investigated? The DUTY of any government agency is to ensure there isn't fraud in their agency no matter how small or large the agency might be. Wrong is wrong whether it's tax fraud or voting fraud.
TSF

Four Oaks, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Charlotte Ovbserver reports today that NSA is RECORDING over 100 million telephone conversations PER DAY . That includes Skype, Google voice, etc and in addition to all email texts, blog posts, etc.. Previously , NSA was claiming they just recorded the numbers of calls made and received.
So congress (both parties) and Obama are making a huge production , screaming traitor, about Snowden who told what everyone already knew-- that congress (both parties) had approved the spying on Americans. The American public, as well as other nations, are pissed. So lets focus on Snowden instead of those actually responsible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,401 - 39,420 of54,771
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••