Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Feb 13

Robbins, NC

#36900 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Allen Mike will help you with your signing in.
Mike wasn't the one who wanted me to sign in you were. Why aren't you helping me? God knows if anyone should deny me help, it should be Bacon.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#36901 Feb 22, 2013
Being signed in gives more credence to a persons posts, I think.Mike brought that to my attention..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36902 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike wasn't the one who wanted me to sign in you were. Why aren't you helping me? God knows if anyone should deny me help, it should be Bacon.
I told you wrong Allen, I looked at my profile and it says make your posts "private" or "public", hit the "private" prompt. Allen, I'm not as petty as you think. We can disagree, but we don't have to be haters. I don't dislike people because they disagree with me, but I do when it gets nasty. I would like to think as there are only three women posting on here we could have a modicum of decorum and all three of us have a common bond of being and having been caregivers and that's not something I will take from anyone. It's a hard and thankless job. I don't mind helping out with your signing in because I was in the same situation.

Now I'm going after Waco for the money he owes me!!! Waco knows how I am about my money!!! I'm always accused of being greedy and this time is no different :)

“Vote”

Houston

#36903 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, as far as I know, is one of the best computer cowboys on Topix.I thought he would be better qualified to assist you, simply put.Bacon is the type of person to help anyone in need.You would be shocked to find, that people with differing political views, can be good people.

“Vote”

Houston

#36904 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you wrong Allen, I looked at my profile and it says make your posts "private" or "public", hit the "private" prompt. Allen, I'm not as petty as you think. We can disagree, but we don't have to be haters. I don't dislike people because they disagree with me, but I do when it gets nasty. I would like to think as there are only three women posting on here we could have a modicum of decorum and all three of us have a common bond of being and having been caregivers and that's not something I will take from anyone. It's a hard and thankless job. I don't mind helping out with your signing in because I was in the same situation.
Now I'm going after Waco for the money he owes me!!! Waco knows how I am about my money!!! I'm always accused of being greedy and this time is no different :)
When I arrive in Carolina, I will personally deliver your five dollars, after all, honor is everything! ;)

Robbins, NC

#36905 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> When I arrive in Carolina, I will personally deliver your five dollars, after all, honor is everything! ;)
Wait just a minute Waco, correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall a post where Bacon accepted your bet. Not only that but your bet was on me and I proved you wrong. So I believe that I am entitled to that five dollars.

Location hidden

#36906 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait just a minute Waco, correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall a post where Bacon accepted your bet. Not only that but your bet was on me and I proved you wrong. So I believe that I am entitled to that five dollars.
I say we both deserve five dollars!!

Robbins, NC

#36907 Feb 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I say we both deserve five dollars!!
Lmao, true that.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36908 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> How is it relevant? Everyone shares some blame?
Well do the slaves deserve blame? Do you even remember what the topic was about?
The slaves did not volunteer to be here. It was not a choice. So if they wanted to chose to go back, I think they should have a paid trip back.
Many were worried the freed slaves would take revenge upon their former masters. From what I understand, this is at least one reason Lincoln had the program of sending them to colonies.
As I pointed out, the program was voluntary, unlike slavery.

“Vote”

Houston

#36909 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well do the slaves deserve blame? Do you even remember what the topic was about?
The slaves did not volunteer to be here. It was not a choice. So if they wanted to chose to go back, I think they should have a paid trip back.
Many were worried the freed slaves would take revenge upon their former masters. From what I understand, this is at least one reason Lincoln had the program of sending them to colonies.
As I pointed out, the program was voluntary, unlike slavery.
Let us strive for clarity.1.blame the slavetraders 2.blame the slave buyers 3.blame those who sold their countrymen into slavery 4.blame those who captured through force 5.blame anyone who bought a slave. 6 blame those who transported slaves

“Vote”

Houston

#36910 Feb 22, 2013
Allen 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this is getting expensive! That's what happens when you're a moderate, you get it from both sides!

Location hidden

#36911 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it is a choice in some respects, but certainly not much of a choice. That is the point. Gods commandments are not giving someone much of a choice if they actually believe in the consequence of hell.
I suppose you call having a gun pointed to your head and demanding the cash, " a choice", if you hand it over like Silver does. As if dying over twenty dollars is a rational choice to make. Yes, as I have stated, it is a choice, but only if you take the common meaning to such extremes it is a meaningless term.
By your reasoning, slavery was a choice. The slave really just chose to work over being beaten to death.
By your reasoning, the slaves had free choice.
Only an idiot would agree that slaves were free to make choices of being a slave. But you are an idiot, so I can understand why you distort the idea of choice.
You originally claimed it wasn't a choice and I successfully proved it was. Now you're conceding that it is a choice, albeit not much of one to which I'll agree BUT it's still a choice.
Yes, if a gun is pointed at your head you have a choice. What one chooses to do is up to that person.
Slavery was a choice for the slaves. They either agreed to slavery or they died. Again, not much of a choice but a choice none the less. Many slaves chose to leave the plantations and head north to freedom, again, they made a choice.
Only an idiot would distort the idea of choice....such as you have.

Choice-(noun)
1 : the act of choosing : selection
2 : power of choosing : option
3 a : the best part : cream
b : a person or thing chosen
4 : a number and variety to choose among
5 : care in selecting

Location hidden

#36912 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So what one says after an event is causing the event? Sorry, but I am confused still. Please explain how what Biden said caused the deaths of four people?
"We weren’t told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security,” Biden said during the debate.

As was pointed out by CNN’s Fact Check team, just days earlier there were State Department security officials who testified to Congress about requests made and denied for more security.

"During the vice presidential debate, we were disappointed to see Vice President Biden blame the intelligence community for the inconsistent and shifting response of the Obama administration to the terrorist attacks in Benghazi. Given what has emerged publicly about the intelligence available before, during, and after the September 11 attack, it is clear that any failure was not on the part of the intelligence community, but on the part of White House decision-makers who should have listened to, and acted on, available intelligence. Blaming those who put their lives on the line is not the kind of leadership this country needs."......Former CIA Director Michael Hayden

It was Biden, after the attacks and during the debate, blaming bad intel on the deaths when in FACT, as pointed out during the senate hearings and by the former director of the CIA, the intel was available BEFORE the attacks, the Ruler and his administration "chose" not to act. Instead, in typical liberal fashion, they "chose" to blame someone else! In this case, as all others, again in typical Commucrat fashion, they blamed Americans!
I can see why you're confused, you've been indoctrinated!

Location hidden

#36913 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the distorted view of words by Pro.
No where in the actual definitions of these words elude to your twist on them.
Did you pull this out of a Christian apologetics propaganda manual?
Nope, straight from the dictionary....

Command- To exercise dominating, authoritative influence over: Ex. He commands any room he enters.
Demand- To ask for urgently or peremptorily: Ex. demand an investigation into the murder; demanding that he leave immediately; demanded to speak to the manager.

You should really learn to use the dictionary, it can be very helpful.....unlike Wikipedia where anyone can post a biased opinion/definition.

Location hidden

#36914 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So the slaves came voluntarily?
I am pretty sure this is a black and white case, if there ever was one. The slaves were forced here.
Did they come voluntarily? They chose slavery over death I presume and with slavery came the slave market that brought them here....a consequence of their choice.
Some would argue that death would've been the honorable choice, kinda like fighting back against the person that has a gun to your head.
Either way it's a choice.

Location hidden

#36915 Feb 22, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, straight from the dictionary....
Command- To exercise dominating, authoritative influence over: Ex. He commands any room he enters.
Demand- To ask for urgently or peremptorily: Ex. demand an investigation into the murder; demanding that he leave immediately; demanded to speak to the manager.
You should really learn to use the dictionary, it can be very helpful.....unlike Wikipedia where anyone can post a biased opinion/definition.
Pro, waste of time. Trust me, I know from experience. Mike does not understand words can have more than one meaning. It's been a while but let me attempt to give you an example. I was talking about MSNBC news and how someone on there could not "remotely" know some stupid information they were reporting on. Mike argued with me that "remotely" was incorrect to use in that sentence. I finally explained to him that a "remote" is not only used to change channels on a tv, but is the root word for other words. He just can't grasp meanings of words are not always inclusive to one meaning.

“Vote”

Houston

#36916 Feb 22, 2013
Sleep, if you can get it, is a great thing.

Location hidden

#36917 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Let us strive for clarity.1.blame the slavetraders 2.blame the slave buyers 3.blame those who sold their countrymen into slavery 4.blame those who captured through force 5.blame anyone who bought a slave. 6 blame those who transported slaves
You're wasting your time, the Commucrats always blame Americans first!

Location hidden

#36918 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Silver was all over the place on that post. He was claiming the rich are victims by us mean liberals.
Its the liberals that vehemently overtax the rich, I'd say that makes the rich their victims.

Location hidden

#36919 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>No difference? Let me just point out a few for those who are ignorant.
Slavery gave no money, welfare does.
Slavery forced people to work for insane hours often in chains.
Slaves were often beaten violently.
Slaves were often seperated from their loved ones. Welfare is to help keep family together.
Those on welfare are free to do as they chose. This includes voting.
So the only differences you could come up with is that now they get paid not to work, now they get to keep their families together, and now they're not beaten.
I'll argue that these conditions are actually worse than what their ancestors endured. Why? Because now they're beaten mentally instead of physically, they're not taught what a work ethnic is, much less a good one, and they're not taught the skills required to make it without govt assistance, essentially keeping them on the proverbial plantation. And now in order to keep them on this modern day plantation, the Commucrats, through govt education and liberal propaganda, buy their slavery in exchange for votes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Calvin_Coolish 239,354
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 33 min dixie 84,104
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr YIM 92,053
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 16 hr TRUMPOCALYPSE 105,897
Election Who do you support for Governor in Kansas in 2010? (Oct '10) 18 hr Have a Koch and a... 748
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... (Oct '14) 20 hr So Stupid 53
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) Thu SeekTruth 83,882
More from around the web