“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#36867 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>The hypocrisy never stops with you guys. You play the victim here pal. Ironic.
You are here crying about what others have. Ironic.
Really? Thought he was talking about his wife and kids.You see things that aren't there.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#36868 Feb 22, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>If you choose to break the law, you suffer the consequences. One should know the consequences of breaking the law if they're going to choose to break it.
Of course it is a choice in some respects, but certainly not much of a choice. That is the point. Gods commandments are not giving someone much of a choice if they actually believe in the consequence of hell.
I suppose you call having a gun pointed to your head and demanding the cash, " a choice", if you hand it over like Silver does. As if dying over twenty dollars is a rational choice to make. Yes, as I have stated, it is a choice, but only if you take the common meaning to such extremes it is a meaningless term.

By your reasoning, slavery was a choice. The slave really just chose to work over being beaten to death.
By your reasoning, the slaves had free choice.
Only an idiot would agree that slaves were free to make choices of being a slave. But you are an idiot, so I can understand why you distort the idea of choice.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36869 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Hey Allen! I'm coming to N.C.inna couple weeks! I'm already gonna meet Arnold, lets meet and bury the hatchet! All three of us! What do you think? Thus is for real!
No one invited me. ;(
Is "inna" a word?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36870 Feb 22, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Semantics again. Biden blamed bad intel on the deaths in Benghazi after the fact because even he isn't dumb enough to place blame before the attacks! Are you that dumb?
http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/12/whit...
Notice how the White House is playing semantics too in the above link!
http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/ex-cia-chief-...
So what one says after an event is causing the event? Sorry, but I am confused still. Please explain how what Biden said caused the deaths of four people?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#36871 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it is a choice in some respects, but certainly not much of a choice. That is the point. Gods commandments are not giving someone much of a choice if they actually believe in the consequence of hell.
I suppose you call having a gun pointed to your head and demanding the cash, " a choice", if you hand it over like Silver does. As if dying over twenty dollars is a rational choice to make. Yes, as I have stated, it is a choice, but only if you take the common meaning to such extremes it is a meaningless term.
By your reasoning, slavery was a choice. The slave really just chose to work over being beaten to death.
By your reasoning, the slaves had free choice.
Only an idiot would agree that slaves were free to make choices of being a slave. But you are an idiot, so I can understand why you distort the idea of choice.
I thought your robbery was old news.Why it keeps emerging,I don't know.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36872 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>No difference? Let me just point out a few for those who are ignorant.
Slavery gave no money, welfare does.
Slavery forced people to work for insane hours often in chains.
Slaves were often beaten violently.
Slaves were often seperated from their loved ones. Welfare is to help keep family together.
Those on welfare are free to do as they chose. This includes voting.
Slavery in the United States existed as a legal institution from the early years of the colonial period; it was firmly established by the time the United States sought independence from Great Britain in 1776.During the 1820s and 1830s, the American Colonization Society (ACS) was the primary organization for proposals to "return" black Americans to Africa.[76] The ACS was made up mostly of Quakers and slaveholders, who disagreed on the issue of slavery but found common ground in support of "repatriation". Most black Americans did not want to emigrate; rather, they wanted full rights in the United States, where they were native born, often for generations.http://en.wikipedi a.org Of course this "business" ended some 200 years and much modernization, both here and around the world ago. Thank goodness.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#36873 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>No one invited me. ;(
Is "inna" a word?
You're already invited.As far as"inna"I was trying to use some slang, to seem more like one of the gang,trying to get away from correcting everybodys grammar and spelling.Was a bad habit.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#36874 Feb 22, 2013
Mike you aren't on regularly like you used to be, dude.You must be working more these days, or doing the overtime thing.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36875 Feb 22, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Its obvious you come to Topix for an education.
To command is to be given without asking, without forcing other people to give to you- they naturally want to because of your actions/demeanor, etc. To demand is to behave or act in a way that forces people to give to you.....
So for example, someone who "commands" would be someone you admire, someone who "demands" might be someone you fear.
Thanks for the distorted view of words by Pro.
No where in the actual definitions of these words elude to your twist on them.
Did you pull this out of a Christian apologetics propaganda manual?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36876 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You're already invited.As far as"inna"I was trying to use some slang, to seem more like one of the gang,trying to get away from correcting everybodys grammar and spelling.Was a bad habit.
Well private message me the time and place and I will see if I can be free to join.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36877 Feb 22, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Slavery in the United States existed as a legal institution from the early years of the colonial period; it was firmly established by the time the United States sought independence from Great Britain in 1776.During the 1820s and 1830s, the American Colonization Society (ACS) was the primary organization for proposals to "return" black Americans to Africa.[76] The ACS was made up mostly of Quakers and slaveholders, who disagreed on the issue of slavery but found common ground in support of "repatriation". Most black Americans did not want to emigrate; rather, they wanted full rights in the United States, where they were native born, often for generations.http://en.wikipedi a.org Of course this "business" ended some 200 years and much modernization, both here and around the world ago. Thank goodness.
You're about fifty years off.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36878 Feb 22, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I'm not going back and showing your every post. Time and time again, I've reposted some of your post showing the contradiction of your very own claims! One day you'll post a claim then a week later you'll contradict yourself!
Everybody on here sees it regularly, it's not my fault you're in denial.
Everyone see it but cannot actually show it? Right.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#36879 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Well private message me the time and place and I will see if I can be free to join.
I can do that no problemo dude.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36880 Feb 22, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>We forced them here? Another outlandish claim! Where is your evidence?
So the slaves came voluntarily?
I am pretty sure this is a black and white case, if there ever was one. The slaves were forced here.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#36881 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Bacon you a betting person? I got five bucks, says"Allen"won't sign in.Because, Allen is actually the person responsible for these vile posts.If Allen signed in, Allen could receive Topix email from other signed in posters.That's the last thing Allen wants.Also, if a person is signed in and posts obscene material, they are banned from Topix.Can't be responsible for posts like that, you know.Five bucks, You on?
Well you just lost a bet. And no you (RFP), I am not the one responsible for those vile post. Remember when I said that I was not computer savvy? Well okay then. I did register with topix. I actually welcome posts from other signed in posters, I can block them if I choose, but on my profile settings when I try to make my recent posts private it does not allow it. Why? And yes I have read all the blah, blah crap. Lol.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36882 Feb 22, 2013
emlu wrote:
And yet, "political discussion" plays a major part in everyone's lives, at work and play. So why discuss it? Sugar Hollow Club at Sugar Mt. Ski resort at one time paid me a "salary" to "slop beer".
Ok as nothing is black and white.
Is slopping beer all you did there? Were you a manager also?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#36883 Feb 22, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Really? Thought he was talking about his wife and kids.You see things that aren't there.
Silver was all over the place on that post. He was claiming the rich are victims by us mean liberals.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36884 Feb 22, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Ok as nothing is black and white.
Is slopping beer all you did there? Were you a manager also?
Yep, didn't even have to change kegs, 400.00 a week plus tips. No running food, cleaning tables, reservations, nada. Bartend wipe the bar and restock, go home. Oh the life of "resort" work. Got to ski free as well. That was a great winter.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#36885 Feb 22, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you just lost a bet. And no you (RFP), I am not the one responsible for those vile post. Remember when I said that I was not computer savvy? Well okay then. I did register with topix. I actually welcome posts from other signed in posters, I can block them if I choose, but on my profile settings when I try to make my recent posts private it does not allow it. Why? And yes I have read all the blah, blah crap. Lol.
Let me be the first to say, I didn't know a THING about computers, so allow me to say congratulations on joining the Topix community! Just one more thing-as Bruce Willis said to Ving Rhames in"Pulp Fiction",are we cool?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36886 Feb 22, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, you're not signed in properly because you would have like the green box thing, unless you're logged in another name and avatar. Sorry, it might take a day or two for them to get you signed it. I wasn't computer savvy and neither was AZ when we both tried to sign in, but we finally figured it out together. On the private posts it should say enable or disable, if you don't want anyone to read your information just hit the disable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 min fitness-guru 58,895
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Obama Zombies 155,368
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 7 min WTSenior 152,285
Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 13 min postcranium 6,464
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 13 min tam 3,500
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 20 min Synergy 56,705
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 22 min Duke for Mayor 31,491

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE