MAINE WINTER

Houston, TX

#36560 Feb 19, 2013
Democrats are so predictable.FOUR MORE YEARS of diminishing rights and an insanely expensive"Obamacare" program insures a republican victory in 2016.2014 elections will be a peek into the future, as the democrats will lose control of both houses, rendering Obama a truly"lame duck", lame duck.He who laughs last.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#36561 Feb 19, 2013
MAINE WINTER wrote:
Democrats are so predictable.FOUR MORE YEARS of diminishing rights and an insanely expensive"Obamacare" program insures a republican victory in 2016.2014 elections will be a peek into the future, as the democrats will lose control of both houses, rendering Obama a truly"lame duck", lame duck.He who laughs last.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. There's more than one fox in the hen house.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36562 Feb 19, 2013
I am so glad I was born a "Cinderalla", but you know what, I can carry off a "precious princess" just as well. A girl has to wear many hats in this world, or heels, as I like to put it. I'll bet Bacon can do it all just as well as anyone.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#36563 Feb 19, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>"So tell me just what the government schools taught me that is a lie?
Easy to make vague accusations. I call it propaganda 101.
The original post was about LBJ and civil rights. You claimed I chose not to believe reality for propaganda purposes, I showed facts where LBJ wasn't for civil rights, he just happened to be President at the time. So again, if you were taught LBJ was FOR civil rights, as most students are, then you were taught a lie and so it's you who chooses not to believe reality for your propaganda purposes.

Location hidden

#36564 Feb 19, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
As I gaze into my crystal ball I can clearly see, golf courses that are now pasture lands, what once served as office buildings are now homes for the poor and I also see people like you "precious princess" who have been reduced to Cinderellas. Ones who are now working for rich and middle class Hispanics at a rate of $4.15 per hour. Oh yes it could happen! Suggestion skip that next cruise and invest in a milk cow. Self reliance will be a must. Lmao
Hey, it's your crystal ball, see what you want. Suggestion, get out of North or South Carolina, wherever you claim to live and see the world, it'll do you good and BTW, thanks for talking about investing in a cow, "milk it does a body good":) It may even help you not to be one of the ugly step sisters.:)
MAINE WINTER

Houston, TX

#36566 Feb 19, 2013
Predictably,democrats have let a taste of power go to their heads.Now, they propose"gun police"to knock on peoples doors at any time, and demand to see if their guns are"properly stored".Rights? We don't need no stinking rights! Arrogance goes before a fall, and the democrats and their cohorts are heading for a one way trip to loserville.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#36567 Feb 19, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>The original post was about LBJ and civil rights. You claimed I chose not to believe reality for propaganda purposes, I showed facts where LBJ wasn't for civil rights, he just happened to be President at the time. So again, if you were taught LBJ was FOR civil rights, as most students are, then you were taught a lie and so it's you who chooses not to believe reality for your propaganda purposes.
Allow me.Whether LBJ was for or against civil rights was a moot point.He was instrumental in pushing through the civil rights bill.Lincoln himself was against racial intermarriage.So?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#36568 Feb 19, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, it's your crystal ball, see what you want. Suggestion, get out of North or South Carolina, wherever you claim to live and see the world, it'll do you good and BTW, thanks for talking about investing in a cow, "milk it does a body good":) It may even help you not to be one of the ugly step sisters.:)
Dang right Bacon, people should travel as much as possible. You learn so much of other cultures. I have been all through the islands, rode my bike around, when not working. GREAT people, I tried to get out of the "tourist" element. Grateful I did. And yes, I like milk. I am ready for "spring". SOON! We hardly got any of that snow.

Location hidden

#36569 Feb 19, 2013
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Dang right Bacon, people should travel as much as possible. You learn so much of other cultures. I have been all through the islands, rode my bike around, when not working. GREAT people, I tried to get out of the "tourist" element. Grateful I did. And yes, I like milk. I am ready for "spring". SOON! We hardly got any of that snow.
Lu, every time we have traveled out of the country to the islands, we loved it. The people are so friendly, laid back and just cool to hang out with. We always traveled outside of the "tourist" element as well. I didn't need fake purses and my hair braided and we always rode scooters. Lord knows how we survived some of the traffic in the tourist districts but we would make to the outskirts of town and it was different as night and day. You and Waco get you a cow, ya'll just be the envy of the neighborhood!!:) Where we're moving doesn't allow farm animals and I really can't see putting a poor old cow in the heat next to the ocean, just doesn't seem right. Go figure...

Location hidden

#36570 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Allow me.Whether LBJ was for or against civil rights was a moot point.He was instrumental in pushing through the civil rights bill.Lincoln himself was against racial intermarriage.So?
If history books are correct, he didn't break a sweat or hurt his back pushing through the civil rights bill.

One thing I would like to say about LBJ, he had as much misinformation as GW Bush about war and what was really going on. He, as GW, took the word of advisors and committed U.S. troops to Vietnam, then later on lied to the U.S. as well and everyone can only remember GW jumping the gun. I think he might have been a war pig!!!

Sending you a link:

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/johnson_...

Location hidden

#36571 Feb 19, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>There was no declaration of war vote on any of the Bush wars. You can try to twist the votes made that lead to war as a vote for war, but I do not think they are the same.
Either way, the congress was lead to believe there was some imminent danger due to the claims by the Bush administration.
We know now those claims were unfounded, and many based upon evidence that was not credible, and known not to be credible as it was being handed to us.
Just as Biden blamed the Benghazi attacks on bad intel. Those damn Republicans must've been at it again!

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36572 Feb 19, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lu, every time we have traveled out of the country to the islands, we loved it. The people are so friendly, laid back and just cool to hang out with. We always traveled outside of the "tourist" element as well. I didn't need fake purses and my hair braided and we always rode scooters. Lord knows how we survived some of the traffic in the tourist districts but we would make to the outskirts of town and it was different as night and day. You and Waco get you a cow, ya'll just be the envy of the neighborhood!!:) Where we're moving doesn't allow farm animals and I really can't see putting a poor old cow in the heat next to the ocean, just doesn't seem right. Go figure...
If things work out here, planning on several cows for real! Black Angus, I'm thinking.

Location hidden

#36573 Feb 19, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Vague claims are the propagandists best friend. Your team is smart about this.
I agree with Silver, you've made so many outlandish claims that even you can't keep straight what you've said!

Location hidden

#36574 Feb 19, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>
Passing out a check to get votes is highly unethical, no matter when or where it is done.
The Commucrats do it on the 1st and 15th of every month!

Location hidden

#36575 Feb 19, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on how you see choice. Even choice is not black and white.
I am pretty sure the ten commandments are not something god(ancient men) are just requesting you do. Note the word "commandments".
Also note four of the ten commandments are demanding how you believe in the god.
How can a choice not be black or white, either you chose to do it or you don't.
So you went from "demand" to "command". You do know there's a difference....I hope?
Typical liberal, shift the subject to fit your argument.

Location hidden

#36576 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Allow me.Whether LBJ was for or against civil rights was a moot point.He was instrumental in pushing through the civil rights bill.Lincoln himself was against racial intermarriage.So?
You obviously either missed an earlier post or failed to reply. LBJ was NOT for civil rights, he voted against EVERY civil rights bill that came up for over a decade before being elected President and even then, according to his biography, he didn't want to pass any. He was, however, pressured into doing so.

Location hidden

#36577 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Lincoln, himself, freed the the slaves. The second part of his plan was to deport the slaves after they were freed but he was assassinated before he could enact the rest of his plan. Another history lesson that's not taught in govt schools.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36578 Feb 19, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
If history books are correct, he didn't break a sweat or hurt his back pushing through the civil rights bill.
One thing I would like to say about LBJ, he had as much misinformation as GW Bush about war and what was really going on. He, as GW, took the word of advisors and committed U.S. troops to Vietnam, then later on lied to the U.S. as well and everyone can only remember GW jumping the gun. I think he might have been a war pig!!!
Sending you a link:
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/johnson_...
Y'all just plain wrong about LBJ.LINKS don't mean a thing when they are wrong people.BEING from Texas, it's no shock to me how the media has portrayed LBJ.IF he's a Texan he's got to be stupid and racist.Make no mistake,LBJ pushed the civil rights act through,I don't care if he was a damn klan member.JFK was busy being DEAD folks,he didn't push through a damn thing.This comes from the same people who call FDR a traitor.Anyhow, historical revisionism is always prey to the opinions of those looking back.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#36579 Feb 19, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Lincoln, himself, freed the the slaves. The second part of his plan was to deport the slaves after they were freed but he was assassinated before he could enact the rest of his plan. Another history lesson that's not taught in govt schools.
Boy, you're going to have to Prove that.Go ahead.I'm, as they say, all ears.

Location hidden

#36580 Feb 19, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
The earlier post was #36369. I chose not to repost because of the warnings I received from Topix for posting offensive content.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min thats 167,818
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 15 min Pork 67,976
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 20 min Stray- Dog 169,455
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 24 min WarForOil 80,560
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 34 min Jemima 59,515
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 1 hr Iamangttia 99
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Jerry K 34,638
More from around the web