Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 1,718)

Showing posts 34,341 - 34,360 of55,635
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Ahh I get it! If i'm not for it, I must be against it? Call me what you will dude, I'm kind of a traditionalist about marriage, and yet, I was in fact not going to vote against gay marriage.However, after talking with you, I realize that I should go with my heart on this issue.I will now, In point of fact, vote against gay marriage.Thanks Mike! Looks like I was trying to please everyone, when I should have been trying to please myself! You actually helped me on this issue, for real.Maybe the only way to fight a fanatic like you, is to be a fanatic in my own right!
If you are a traditionalist about marriage, does that mean you are for polygamy? Do you wait until marriage to have sex? Do you pay the father of the bride with goats to have her as your property?
Let me guess, you are on the fence?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not WHINING about anything dude.I'm not a"religious right"guy.Asking me what they think is like asking your accountant to fix your plumbing.
You believe in the same god, the same bible and now it looks like you are going to vote on the same side as them on gay marriage.
Can your post look anymore ironic at this moment? Now go take any eye for an eye somewhere you hypocrite.

I am just so glad you proved me correct.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Ahh I get it! If i'm not for it, I must be against it? Call me what you will dude, I'm kind of a traditionalist about marriage, and yet, I was in fact not going to vote against gay marriage.However, after talking with you, I realize that I should go with my heart on this issue.I will now, In point of fact, vote against gay marriage.Thanks Mike! Looks like I was trying to please everyone, when I should have been trying to please myself! You actually helped me on this issue, for real.Maybe the only way to fight a fanatic like you, is to be a fanatic in my own right!
"Looks like I was trying to please everyone,".
Yes, and that is impossible to do. You are either going to help homosexuals have equal rights, or you are not.
You are either defending the superstition that the religious right supports, or are not.
In this case, you are supporting the superstition that leads the right wing to vote against gay marriage.

I should cut and paste this whole conversation as it is a perfect example of the problem with religion.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I can't find any references to homosexuality by CHRIST.Therefore....
I know Christianity more so than most Christians I know. Jesus never spoke of homosexuality.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You believe in the same god, the same bible and now it looks like you are going to vote on the same side as them on gay marriage.
Can your post look anymore ironic at this moment? Now go take any eye for an eye somewhere you hypocrite.
I am just so glad you proved me correct.
haaaa! I knew I could do it! Are you angry Mike? Better be careful you could have a stroke!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>
That turning the other cheek attempt lasted zero minutes. Jesus would be so proud of you. Off to hell you go.
You're killing me! You know,I went over my post, but I don't see where I called you any names.I'm a model of self-restraint!
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Homosexuality has been around since the beginning of time, just ask the Romans, or the Catholics. Just because you vote against it does not mean it will stop. I am not gay and do not choose that lifestyle for myself, but as I have said before "who the hell am I to choose for someone else." I choose to answer for myself. If you choose to vote against gay marriage just because Mike pissed you off then yes you do have an anger problem and I see that you can easily be manipulated. Isn't one of the things that you admire about Silver, is that he means what he says and says what he means. Man up and say what you believe and stop trying to please everyone else whether it means they hate you or not. No one here pays your bills but you.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

You know Mike, I was actually thinking about voting FOR gay marriage.Your post convinced me that I was not being totally honest with myself.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>"Looks like I was trying to please everyone,".
Yes, and that is impossible to do. You are either going to help homosexuals have equal rights, or you are not.
You are either defending the superstition that the religious right supports, or are not.
In this case, you are supporting the superstition that leads the right wing to vote against gay marriage.
I should cut and paste this whole conversation as it is a perfect example of the problem with religion.
As I said earlier, your own post convinced me that I should take a stand, so I did.Texas has already voted to ban gay marriage,I voted against that ban, but you have convinced me of my mistake.
waco 1909

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality has been around since the beginning of time, just ask the Romans, or the Catholics. Just because you vote against it does not mean it will stop. I am not gay and do not choose that lifestyle for myself, but as I have said before "who the hell am I to choose for someone else." I choose to answer for myself. If you choose to vote against gay marriage just because Mike pissed you off then yes you do have an anger problem and I see that you can easily be manipulated. Isn't one of the things that you admire about Silver, is that he means what he says and says what he means. Man up and say what you believe and stop trying to please everyone else whether it means they hate you or not. No one here pays your bills but you.
do me allen
waco 1909

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I need counseling. I hate every one. I am unhappy because I have no pole in my hole.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a great point you made, about homosexuality being around since the beginning of time.,

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Sometimes in life, things don't go the way we want them to.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>So you already have a bunker? I see. What a joke you guys are.
No Mike, no bunker but I do have enough guns, ammo, and supplies to fortify a small army. The point is I'm ready should any situation arise, are you? Nope! You'll continue to rely on the govt because that's what you've been indoctrinated to do! Keep sucking, eventually the tit will dry up!

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> As I said earlier, your own post convinced me that I should take a stand, so I did.Texas has already voted to ban gay marriage,I voted against that ban, but you have convinced me of my mistake.
As long as it is due to your hate and refusal to turn the other cheek, I understand because you are a Christian.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>No Mike, no bunker but I do have enough guns, ammo, and supplies to fortify a small army. The point is I'm ready should any situation arise, are you? Nope! You'll continue to rely on the govt because that's what you've been indoctrinated to do! Keep sucking, eventually the tit will dry up!
No bunker? Have you not been listening to Taxpayer? You had better wise up and start digging that hole and hide because the goverment is coming to get you. Boo.
Allan Rustin

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>No Mike, no bunker but I do have enough guns, ammo, and supplies to fortify a small army. The point is I'm ready should any situation arise, are you? Nope! You'll continue to rely on the govt because that's what you've been indoctrinated to do! Keep sucking, eventually the tit will dry up!
"Those who live by the sword, persih by the sword" Jesus Christ.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
I don't"support"gay marriage folks.I just don't oppose it.
You don't support it and yet you don't oppose it either. You see that's why I called you a fence rider. You seem to leave it to others to make your mind for you. With me, I oppose it for myself but support it for others.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> That's a great point you made, about homosexuality being around since the beginning of time.,
And yet you do not seem to find it strange Jesus did not say a word about it.

Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. Buddha.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>As long as it is due to your hate and refusal to turn the other cheek, I understand because you are a Christian.
Do you REALLY think you could change my vote, Mike? Are you that egotistical? You got no sense of humor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 34,341 - 34,360 of55,635
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••