Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#35419 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Believing in god is quite different than having evidence of a god. No scientist has evidence of a god.
It is expected that even scientist would believe in a god, as humans instinctively follow the ideals of their parents. Traditions are hard to break even in light of the contradictions.
The overwhelming majority of scientists do not believe in god. Typically this all depends on the field of science one is in and his upbringing.
You claim to support god, but all gods are of religion. Did you invent your own god?
THE evidence of GOD is all around us, from the perfect orbits of the planets around the sun, to the perfect symmetry of nature, which provides us oxygen and food.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#35420 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>You run from debates just like Waco, and no one is even holding a gun to your head. What a chicken shit you are.
Now go run from America.
And I dismiss all things you have to say, because I know that a puss like yourself brings absolutely nothing to the table to debate intellectually.

Maybe if I were a homo gay bar manager, we could exchange ideas like queer eye for the straight guy.

I should go smack my damn self for even repeating queer eye for the straight guy.

Brb.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35421 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but I cannot read minds. How many times must I say this on this thread before you and your buddies realize it? Articulate your questions or be treated like an idiot.
Giving you credit for intellect was indeed a mistake on my part, I won't repeat it old man.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#35423 Feb 10, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And I dismiss all things you have to say, because I know that a puss like yourself brings absolutely nothing to the table to debate intellectually.
Maybe if I were a homo gay bar manager, we could exchange ideas like queer eye for the straight guy.
I should go smack my damn self for even repeating queer eye for the straight guy.
Brb.
Thanks for showing evidence yet again you are to chicken to debate me head on. Now go run from America because you cannot handle it.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35424 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Giving you credit for intellect was indeed a mistake on my part, I won't repeat it old man.
Thanks for showing evidence yet again you are to chicken to debate me head on.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35425 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Giving you credit for intellect was indeed a mistake on my part, I won't repeat it old man.
Intellect and reading minds are not the same. Articulate your questions or be treated like an idiot.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35426 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure what you know, so it is hard to know what you need to be told about the issue.
You questions are still so vague on the issue, I really do not see what you wish to know.
The way I see it, the religion of Christianity has doctrine that says homosexuality is an abomination. So they take it upon themselves to be the police for their mythical god. You support that god, so I think you support that argument they make in ways you evidently do not realize. This is why I object to your beliefs.
You have made statements here in support of the bible. Now I am not sure if you believe the whole bible or just pick and choose randomly what to believe of it. I think it is all questionable.
You have a right to believe what you wish.As, I might add, I do myself.Many people get hung up on the Old Testament.The Old Testament is superseded by the New Testament, which tells of Jesus Christ.The Old Testament is full of Jewish dietary laws.Christ said"Its not what goes into a mans mouth that is evil, but what comes out of it". I've noticed that when people seek to criticize the Bible, they pull up something from the O.T. That's because, its very hard to criticize the words of GOD, in the N.T..

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#35427 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>I do not ask for "proof" I ask for evidence. Do you know the difference?
Hell, I would be glad just to here some good philosophical arguments on it, much less have real evidence. I already know zero evidence exists of a god, so asking for some is pointless other than to show you none exists.
Pointing to a star is not evidence of how the star came to be. It is just pointing to a star.
Nor can you point to a star and convince anyone that is was NOT created by God.

You continue to ask for evidence that God exist but provide nothing to show he does not. Oh wait, you said that prayer doesn't work so God must not exist.

That is the basis of your argument? Wow....and you chastise others on how to articulate thoughts, questions and debate tactics.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35428 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> THE evidence of GOD is all around us, from the perfect orbits of the planets around the sun, to the perfect symmetry of nature, which provides us oxygen and food.
Not that the planets have any perfect orbits, but if they did, it does not show evidence a god made it so.
It was once thought that the the orbits were perfect circles due to god, but that was shown as wrong.
Not so sure about a perfect symmetry in nature either. My body is not even perfectly symmetrical. But if it was, just how is this connected to the mythical god you believe in?

You must show a cause and effect reason, not just the end effect. You really have no idea what evidence means, do you?

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35429 Feb 10, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you give him too much credit to be able reasonably deduce a simple thought or idea.
Underlying problem with most cock gobblers. Too emotional.
Oh look, Silver is backing up his pal Waco. How sweet.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35430 Feb 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to ask for evidence that God exist but provide nothing to show he does not. Oh wait, you said that prayer doesn't work so God must not exist.
That is the basis of your argument? Wow....and you chastise others on how to articulate thoughts, questions and debate tactics.
I am not so stupid as to claim the star was not created by a god. But Waco was so stupid as to claim it was.

I did not say the lack of answered prayers proved a god did not exist, I said it was evidence against the existence of a god. Of course you have no clue of the massive difference between the two because you have no idea how an intellectual debate is to be had.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35431 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You have a right to believe what you wish.As, I might add, I do myself.Many people get hung up on the Old Testament.The Old Testament is superseded by the New Testament, which tells of Jesus Christ.The Old Testament is full of Jewish dietary laws.Christ said"Its not what goes into a mans mouth that is evil, but what comes out of it". I've noticed that when people seek to criticize the Bible, they pull up something from the O.T. That's because, its very hard to criticize the words of GOD, in the N.T..
Well Jesus did often contradict what the god of the old testament wanted. I guess that is why he was killed by the believers of the old testament.
Jesus often contradicted even himself also, like when he said all the old laws must be followed.
I can look up the passage if no one told you about it.

Of course I do not blame Jesus for showing the old testament rules to be stupid, as they clearly were not made by a perfect god.

By your words here, it sure looks like you are for religion and are defending religion. The same religion that supports the condemnation of homosexuals. The same religion that has scriptures that demand you murder homosexuals.

I guess I should be glad you ignore the time Jesus said to follow the laws of the prophets, otherwise you might be out there murdering homosexuals for your god like the Muslims are doing still today.

In case you have no noticed, what I am pointing out is evidence your god is not real. Not proof, as proof is in the eye of the beholder. Any intellectual knows this.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35432 Feb 10, 2013
Mike Du wrote:
<quoted text>Not that the planets have any perfect orbits, but if they did, it does not show evidence a god made it so.
It was once thought that the the orbits were perfect circles due to god, but that was shown as wrong.
Not so sure about a perfect symmetry in nature either. My body is not even perfectly symmetrical. But if it was, just how is this connected to the mythical god you believe in?
You must show a cause and effect reason, not just the end effect. You really have no idea what evidence means, do you?
Do you not realize that the planets have to be where they are, for life to exist on earth? Do you, for instance, realize the importance of Jupiter and its location, on life here? The Moon? Do you realize how TINY is the space where human life can exist?

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35433 Feb 10, 2013
Mike, in all this time I've respected your own beliefs.I've never said you were"stupid"because of what you believed in.Yet, you constantly try to picture my beliefs as"stupid".You seem insecure at times, always declaring some non-existent"victory ".

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#35434 Feb 10, 2013
Mike, in point of fact, you have people on this forum who support you, such as Arnold and Allen, why does it bother you if someone supports me? We really should be able to engage in discourse, without personal attacks and rancor.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35435 Feb 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I very well might be ablt to convince someone a star is not created by a god. Of course I cannot convince everyone of this as many are closed minded and proof is in the eye of the beholder. I can show evidence of how stars are created(no god needed).

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35436 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Mike, in point of fact, you have people on this forum who support you, such as Arnold and Allen, why does it bother you if someone supports me? We really should be able to engage in discourse, without personal attacks and rancor.
I am not condemning the idea of one person supporting another. I am showing what sort of mind is supporting another mind.
In this case, I see it as one closed mind supporting the other closed mind.
You both run from the debate.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35437 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I am proud to have Arnold and Allen supporting me when they do, as I respect most of their views.
Now I have little to no respect for the views of Silver, and when you seem to respect his views, it makes me wonder about your own character.
When he supports your views, I wonder about those views even more so.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35438 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you not realize that the planets have to be where they are, for life to exist on earth? Do you, for instance, realize the importance of Jupiter and its location, on life here? The Moon? Do you realize how TINY is the space where human life can exist?
So then you must be implying that the existence of life, or human life makes this orbit of some sort of perfection? Out of the billions of orbits of solar systems, it just seems more like chance and time.
Our orbit will end in an end to all life in earth in a few billion years. How is this perfection?
What you call perfection, I call chance in time and space.

“Breaking the spell”

Location hidden

#35439 Feb 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Mike, in all this time I've respected your own beliefs.I've never said you were"stupid"because of what you believed in.Yet, you constantly try to picture my beliefs as"stupid".You seem insecure at times, always declaring some non-existent"victory ".
I do not think you are stupid because you believe in a god. Lots of smart people believe in gods.
I call you stupid for the reasons I listed.
I probably should not call you stupid, but I get frustrated when you guys refuse to debate or try to debate using logic and reason. Claiming the orbits are evidence of a god does not show cause and effect. Perfection does not show cause and effect. Your points lack logic and reason. This frustrates me and I often assume you do this because you are stupid. Now if you wish to prove yourself as not stupid, I would expect you to use a logic argument on god.

Maybe there is no good arguments for a god? If so, then maybe you are not stupid, you just are burdened with a poor position to defend.

But when you refuse to even try to argue it, you are certainly being closed minded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Le Jimbo 182,838
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... (Oct '14) 21 min 123pictures 8,566
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 37 min boxer 67,108
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 58 min Old Guy 35,352
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr Mgtn Res 76,537
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Stupid Obama Bitches 101,576
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Kentucky's ... (Oct '14) 22 hr Cody 26
More from around the web