|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
Waco, do you have an extra bottle of iodine I could borrow until pay day? My balls are drying up.
Dude, all I got in the medicine cabinet is Vicks Vapo-Rub.....

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayer, God bless him, makes Jesse Helms look as extreme left as Fidel Castro. J. Edgar Hoover was gay, so no doubt he was a liberal.
But Rock Hudson? That took me by surprise...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Dude, all I got in the medicine cabinet is Vicks Vapo-Rub.....
Vapo-Rub? Too kinky for me.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than "Insta-Freeze" rub!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than Ben-Gay.....
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

That originated with the wisdom that damaging a child's self esteem was always harmful. This came about the same time that the shrinks decided that parents should raise their children as peers rather than subordinates. Then parents were investigated for child abuse if they used corporal punishment, so parents understandably became afraid to discipline their own children. This was in stark contrast to the model under which most parents were raised. My grandpa didn't hesitate to damage my self esteem with a hoe handle and I had no misunderstanding about who was the subordinate or misgivings about following instructions carefully and immediately. If I encounted trouble at school, I was in trouble at home if he found out. I didnt like all my teachers, but I was very hesitant to show any sign of disrespect.
Which system is better? I don't know. Most kids today seem actually well behaved comparativly speaking.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You two guys,TSF and PRO....may be on opposite sides of the fence but you've both hit on the problems associated with education in America.This"everyone is a winner"stuff literally makes me sick when I think of how competitive foreign students are compared to ours these days.Japanese, Chinese, Pakistani, and Indian kids compete with each other like crazy, they know you have to EARN the sobriquet of"winner"!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

If everyone is a winner, why try? Breathe in, breathe out....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
That originated with the wisdom that damaging a child's self esteem was always harmful. This came about the same time that the shrinks decided that parents should raise their children as peers rather than subordinates. Then parents were investigated for child abuse if they used corporal punishment, so parents understandably became afraid to discipline their own children. This was in stark contrast to the model under which most parents were raised. My grandpa didn't hesitate to damage my self esteem with a hoe handle and I had no misunderstanding about who was the subordinate or misgivings about following instructions carefully and immediately. If I encounted trouble at school, I was in trouble at home if he found out. I didnt like all my teachers, but I was very hesitant to show any sign of disrespect.
Which system is better? I don't know. Most kids today seem actually well behaved comparativly speaking.
<quoted text>
My mom used to holler at me while she was hitting me. I used to think...do one or the other, but please God, not both at the same time.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

I'd rather be knocked around, than screamed at.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
My mom used to holler at me while she was hitting me. I used to think...do one or the other, but please God, not both at the same time.
Arnold that is so funny. It must have been the MO for whipping back in the day. Not only did my mother holler while whipping, but I used to think, God have mercy, she's whipped me, hollered while doing it and for at least a week she gave a daily reminder of the whipping you received and why. The daily reminder was as bad as the whipping and hollering.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Bacon,
Watch this. password is "iaf"

https://vimeo.com/54400569

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold that is so funny. It must have been the MO for whipping back in the day. Not only did my mother holler while whipping, but I used to think, God have mercy, she's whipped me, hollered while doing it and for at least a week she gave a daily reminder of the whipping you received and why. The daily reminder was as bad as the whipping and hollering.
Mothers were certainly on the same waive length then. It had an effect. If I was going to do something that may have a consequence that my mom would find out about, I would think of her. Kind of like a god on earth that you would be responsable to.'Putting the fear of God in you', is something we all understand from that time period. Like yours, mine was good with reminders.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Dude, all I got in the medicine cabinet is Vicks Vapo-Rub.....
By the way, did you say who was doing the rubbing?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, did you say who was doing the rubbing?
Easy AZ, some things are better left to the imagination!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

My mom told me"cut me a switch".....I hauled ass up the street and didn't come back for a day or so....I was an odd child...

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

If my mother wanted to whip me, she had to ambush my little ass....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

How bout them Wolfpack baby! Sorry but the Tarholes SUCK!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
So a juvenile in NC is arrested , tried and convicted for armed robery and other crimes.. Likely as not, the judge will sentence him to return to school and "be good" as part of his probation. Yes, there are problems in our schools. Only very rarely does the problem lie with a teacher. That republikan noise machine is making you blind to real problems.
On the contrary, problems do lie within some teachers, not all. My niece for example has the same English teacher that I had when I was in HS...and she was in her 40's when I had her. She must be in her late 60's by now! This lady hasn't taught her much, she constantly forgets to take up class work/homework and very rarely records a grade. My niece even claims the teacher had to ask each student what they made on a test then had to take their word for it because she had already returned the test and most had already discarded them! When it came to EOC time, she gave them the answers! Was this because she failed to teach or was she just trying to protect herself come evaluation time!? When the students/parents complained to administration, their complaints fell on deaf ears.
Now I understand that one bad apple doesn't spoil the bushel but if this isn't an example of teachers first, students second then I'm not sure what is! Call it as you wish but I consider this a "real problem."
Michelle Malkin

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

John Perazzo

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Black Racism Rampant in America

rense.com/general78/blakcr.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••