Yes

No

Other (explain below)

love

Belleville, IL

#7104 Mar 1, 2013
The Informed wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Norwood, MO. There are at least 5 puppy mills within a 5 mile radius of my house. Before the bill was passed - all of these puppy mills had current licenses = meaning they passed their inspection. How they passed these inspections I have no idea. I personally have called the state on each of these "businesses" because of the deplorable conditions that the animals are kept in (and yes, I'm the friendly neighbor that goes and helps take care of these poor animals simply because I feel bad for them = so I have seen WITH MY OWN eyes these conditions)= so don't tell me I'm misinformed. Many of the dogs have matted hair all the way down to the skin, many more have sever eye infections and some have even gone blind because of these infections. Green mold in the food and water bowls. Poop all over. And you saying they have the ability to go in and out freely is a joke! They live in 2x3 foot area - part of it is inside and part is outside. They have no room to run and play. The majority of them are terrified of people because the only contact they have is someone throwing some food and water at them. These conditions haven't changed, even with passing Prop B. My question to you is: Do you ever think about the quality of life of your "investment?" When you said "I've personally seen many places where breeders keep their dogs and honestly, they're just as a nice and sometimes better than where most people keep their pets." - this is simply untrue. Not one person I know keeps their pets in a 2x3 area for their ENTIRE LIFESPAN. I'm not being rude or sarcastic by asking this question, I'm simply trying to understand your thought process as a breeder = how do you justify treating any creature in this manner? As I said, I've helped out at the puppy mills that are located around my house with an honest intention of trying to see your side of things. Unfortunately, all I've seen are people who are lazy and are trying to make easy money. If they cared at all about the well being of the animals (or as you call it "investment") they would care for them properly, physically and emotionally. They would socialize them and provide exercise and access to mold-free water and food. But they don't. Not because they can't - but because the breeders won't, and they honestly see these poor creatures just as you do = an "investment."
Well I am a breeder.And to read this makes me very sad.My dogs do not live in these conditions that you decribe, that you have seen.My dogs are in large pens on the ground on pea gravel.They have fresh water and fresh food daily.They are dewormed and vaccinated as vet requires.My dogs are all socialized, as they should be.I spend more time in my kennel than I do in my home.Lots of work to be done in a kennel.
Another voter

Kansas City, MO

#7105 Mar 2, 2013
I do Pomeranian rescue and a friend and I went to a puppy mill several years ago and rescued 14 of them. They were in an open cage in the rain and were living in mud. We didn't even know what color they were, until I took them to my Vet and had them washed..Four of them died within a week from neglect by this horrible man. They have all been adopted (I charge no adoption fees, just check out their homes to make sure there are fences and the people are willing to take on a rescue). Most breeders comply with the law, but this guys didn't and a mile away, I called the county Sheriff and they even passed me on the gravel road heading from his place. He was shut down that very day. So if you think voting NO on this bill, you don't give a damn about the abused dogs that I gave seen and given them a new life and showed them love for the very first time.
fan

United States

#7106 Mar 3, 2013
FarmerJoe wrote:
If this happens then they are going to want to go after large scale feeding operations for cattle, dairy, and hogs. We can not let that happen.
What r u not feeding or taking good care of your animals then shame one u
tim

Hazelwood, MO

#7107 Mar 3, 2013
so what
aur56

Monett, MO

#7109 Mar 6, 2013
The Informed wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Norwood, MO. There are at least 5 puppy mills within a 5 mile radius of my house. Before the bill was passed - all of these puppy mills had current licenses = meaning they passed their inspection. How they passed these inspections I have no idea. I personally have called the state on each of these "businesses" because of the deplorable conditions that the animals are kept in (and yes, I'm the friendly neighbor that goes and helps take care of these poor animals simply because I feel bad for them = so I have seen WITH MY OWN eyes these conditions)= so don't tell me I'm misinformed. Many of the dogs have matted hair all the way down to the skin, many more have sever eye infections and some have even gone blind because of these infections. Green mold in the food and water bowls. Poop all over. And you saying they have the ability to go in and out freely is a joke! They live in 2x3 foot area - part of it is inside and part is outside. They have no room to run and play. The majority of them are terrified of people because the only contact they have is someone throwing some food and water at them. These conditions haven't changed, even with passing Prop B. My question to you is: Do you ever think about the quality of life of your "investment?" When you said "I've personally seen many places where breeders keep their dogs and honestly, they're just as a nice and sometimes better than where most people keep their pets." - this is simply untrue. Not one person I know keeps their pets in a 2x3 area for their ENTIRE LIFESPAN. I'm not being rude or sarcastic by asking this question, I'm simply trying to understand your thought process as a breeder = how do you justify treating any creature in this manner? As I said, I've helped out at the puppy mills that are located around my house with an honest intention of trying to see your side of things. Unfortunately, all I've seen are people who are lazy and are trying to make easy money. If they cared at all about the well being of the animals (or as you call it "investment") they would care for them properly, physically and emotionally. They would socialize them and provide exercise and access to mold-free water and food. But they don't. Not because they can't - but because the breeders won't, and they honestly see these poor creatures just as you do = an "investment."
Keep reporting till they get shut down, the system works, you just have to keep reporting..ASPCA in St. Louis is a good starting place...it's only about the money, you can save those dogs.
jim

Hazelwood, MO

#7110 Mar 7, 2013
save my puppy
Celm

Brooklyn, NY

#7111 Mar 7, 2013
mjm98 wrote:
I just spent $2,500 and $375 for shipping on a show quality rottweiler puppy from a breeder named Tony Keiser in Troy Missouri. I had him less than 4 full days and found out he has parvo. The poor little guy is now fighting for his life and the breeder, who I did research and couldn't find anything bad on, doesn't care at all. He actually said, "If the puppy dies, I'm sorry but I'm clear on my end." We told him we will take him to court and his words were, "Well then take your as* to court." This is the same guy who promised to give a lifetime of support and a 5 yr health and temperment guarantee. Parvo has an incubation period that is longer than 4 days so there is NO way he got this here. This guy didn't even send the AKC papers with the puppy. All he sent us was a printed piece of paper saying he got some shots, no labels from the actual vaccine bottles or serial numbers or anything. My vet wants this info and this guy refuses to help us at all. Stay away from VKW rottweilers.
Had a dog from this breeder that came with a seizure disorder. Had to put him down at 3 years old. Breeder would not respond and then did not stand behind health gaurentee. Very heartbreaking!
jim

Saint Louis, MO

#7113 Mar 10, 2013
I agree
sarah

Saint Louis, MO

#7114 Mar 12, 2013
There is a person in the neighborhood I live that says she will board your dog for a fee of 30 per day, yet her own animals she leaves unattended 24 hours a day. leaves them in a fenced area where no one lives, just comes by and feeds them once per day. these are the people that should be arrested !!!!
Dog lover

Oklahoma City, OK

#7115 Mar 16, 2013
Vote yes and protect our animals.
Jenny

Oklahoma City, OK

#7116 Mar 16, 2013
Protect our animals
Donnie

Oklahoma City, OK

#7117 Mar 16, 2013
Why would anyone won't to hurt a dog? They oughta be taken out and shot them self.

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#7119 Mar 20, 2013
mmm....canine casserole....
Lewis and Clark

Denver, CO

#7120 Mar 20, 2013
Cook up some dog! See: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
bbus

Columbia, MO

#7121 Mar 23, 2013
yeah
SCT

Fair Grove, MO

#7122 Mar 23, 2013
The problem is not with the current law. The problem is with enforcement and inspections. I know for a fact that the inspectors do not enforce the laws. I have seen some of the "licensed" kennels that pass inspection every year. They should be shut down and the owners fined till they are sleeping under an overpass.
There are some very nice kennels out there whose owners really do care about the dogs. But there are others who have the same license that are disgusting.
hard in

Higginsville, MO

#7124 Mar 24, 2013
why is this thread still active
dddd

United States

#7126 Mar 24, 2013
it sucks
hgt

Higginsville, MO

#7127 Mar 24, 2013
move on folks

United States

#7129 Mar 25, 2013
Sweetie wrote:
<quoted text>You are exactly right. Manipulation and those aweful commercials. Always a hidden agenda.
Agreed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Nutz 162,781
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 13 min Freddy Flatus 742
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 17 min hillbilly 62,658
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 30 min miss tuffet 160,503
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 33,904
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 2 hr Justaminute 78,404
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 2 hr Not Landrieu 4,182

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE