Who do you support for State Board of Education in Alabama (District 6) in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mike

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I went to Brewer High School, stumbled around life, and became a biologist... I was inspired by living creatures, you know like little green things Mr. Sane...It is what it is, and I don't proclaim to be a genius, but let me tell you son I love God, family, my country and you sound like you're trying to one-up a ghost pony. You can't see someone shootin' the breeze, Shame on you son. You are anonymous, I'd like to remain the same. Don't ya realize, I am not your enemy. Just been in Texas long enough to tell it like is... Mike
Mike

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Anyone whose a computer whiz, knows exactly who I am. An' if I ever see you son in person, you're gonna owe me some respect, Sir. Mike
Mike

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I'm married, never screw around, never been divorced, don't do hard drugs, gotta hot wife, two kids, humble til ya piss me off. Mike
Mike

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Here's a rare glimpse for the outside world into Northern Alabama, I enjoyed reading it on a long, long journey home a number of years ago-

A New York Times Notable Book of the Year:

ITS ALL OVER BUT THE SHOUTIN'

"This haunting, harrowing, gloriously moving recollection of a life on the American margin is the story of Rick Bragg, who grew up dirt-poor in northeastern Alabama, seemingly destined for either the cotton mills or the penitentiary, and instead became a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The New York Times. It is the story of Bragg's father, a hard-drinking man with a murderous temper and the habit of running out on the people who needed him most.

But at the center of this soaring memoir is Bragg's mother, who went eighteen years without a new dress so that her sons could have school clothes and picked other people's cotton so that her children wouldn't have to live on welfare alone. Evoking these lives--and the country that shaped and nourished them--with artistry, honesty, and compassion, Rick Bragg brings home the love and suffering that lie at the heart of every family. The result is unforgettable."

Mike
Mike

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

So, stick in in your ear, Uri.

Mike
urinsane

Savannah, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Mike wrote:
So, stick in in your ear, Uri.
Mike
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
HackleburgNeedsA newSchool

Trussville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

http://www.wafb.com/story/21290580/sen-sessio...

This big building is built but a brick has not been laid on a new school. So I would support anyone who is not in there now
Donna

Luverne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Give me a Break wrote:
Anyone except a woman--all they want to do is spend taxpayer's money because all they care about are the kids and don't care that adults have to live too.
Whats wrong with Women we care about everyone
Jill

Union Grove, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

They are all crooks
Anonymous

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

There will always be another election (thankfully)
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Vote for someone who won't tax us to death so that the Alabama Education Administration can spend money like a drunken Sailor on leave.
HerpADerp

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Mike wrote:
Best friend's wife is a principal, she says she don't get rid of nobody incompetent cuz the politics endangers her job, each time. Four thousand students. The leadership in schools accross America is gone.
Holy crap, a triple negative to start the conversation followed by a sentence fragment. Well done, public education system.

Maybe your friend's wife should consider rolling a few heads just for a change of pace.
HerpADerp

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

urinsane wrote:
i agree with u as far as education in alabama being piss poor at best, its just that mental hospitals shouldnt let their patients have access to the internet looks like maybe the boys with the straight jackets gave u ur meds and took the laptop away for now at least sweet dreams
Evidently there has been exactly zero people who bothered to look up education ranks by state for this discussion's purpose.

Alabama has the second worst education system in the country. Only Mississippi beats Alabama for poor schools overall.

It's all well and good to defend your local area out of hometown pride, but facts are facts. You can dislike facts but it does not make them less real.

The educational system in this state and the neighboring state need a massive overhaul. Fresh blood in the State Board is a possible good beginning to that overhaul.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

"Alabama has the second worst education system in the country. Only Mississippi beats Alabama for poor schools overall.'

You wouldn't know it by all of the taxpayer's money that is going into the education system.
HerpADerp

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Embezzlement will do that to any organization. It sucks.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

HerpADerp wrote:
Embezzlement will do that to any organization. It sucks.
Yea, it does suck, but the reason it is allowed to happen is because of all the parents of school aged children who buy into the premise that their kids will get a better education if they go to the polls every year and vote for more money for education and for politicians who campaign on "Fully Funding Education". All they are voting for is more money for the Alabama Education Association (Union) and the higher ups in the Alabama School Administration so that they can go to elaborate conventions for free while nothing is ever done to improve the quality of their kid's education. Parents better start getting a little smarter and realize that they are just voting for more taxes and getting nothing for it.

Ozark, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

in the local paper here in butler county they have on front page: graduation rate below state average: they are saying that graduation rates for Alabama is 75%. ill give ya'll the names of the schools they have in the paper on the front page. butler county school district: 66%, Greenville high school:61%, Georgiana school: 86%, and McKenzie school: 81%. schools here are bad. this is in the paper here in butler county.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

guest wrote:
in the local paper here in butler county they have on front page: graduation rate below state average: they are saying that graduation rates for Alabama is 75%. ill give ya'll the names of the schools they have in the paper on the front page. butler county school district: 66%, Greenville high school:61%, Georgiana school: 86%, and McKenzie school: 81%. schools here are bad. this is in the paper here in butler county.
But voters keep throwing more and more money into the school system. When are they going to realize that all of that money is not producing anything except higher taxes and then try something else?
HerpADerp

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

guest wrote:
Somehow I am not really surprised at the graduation rates of an Alabama high school being in the low 60% range.

I was also not surprised when I read of a school district in Mississippi being in the mid 40% range.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

My great testimony wrote:
Hello, This is a great testimony,my son who in the sick bed for 2day and the doctor told me to get some money before they can commence treatment of my only son and I did not have the money to pay for my son hospital bill,to start a business and to pay my rents,I was search every were for a legit loan lender who can lend me money and God on side I got in contact with Mrs Becky Smart for a loan ,and to my greatest surprise a got my loan transferred to me,and also want all of you searching for a legit loan lender there in this site to contact them now via email, mrsbecky423@yahoo.com I promise you that you will get your loan. Thanks
\

Who are you?--Mrs. Becky Smart? Don't kid the kidder. Your post is just a pure scam.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••