Tommy

Canton, OH

#22 Oct 26, 2010
Why are these people spending so much money to get elected to a school board that pays nothing? Doing it for the kids?? Some have spent a ton of money, i am just wondering why.
Buck

Middlesboro, KY

#23 Oct 27, 2010
Tommy wrote:
Why are these people spending so much money to get elected to a school board that pays nothing? Doing it for the kids?? Some have spent a ton of money, i am just wondering why.
Tammy Price doing it for the kids - duh I don't think so! I for one believe that if you look deep into these school board positions that you'll eventually find the answer to your question.
Son of Roth

Somerset, KY

#24 Oct 28, 2010
Marc Roth has spent less than $100 on his race. He's doing it for our future, not to gain any power.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#25 Oct 28, 2010
Agreed. Money should be spent on something for the kids instead of trying to gain political power!
Questions

Somerset, KY

#26 Oct 28, 2010
I never heard of Marc Roth. Frankly, the last few elections have taught me I better pay attention to the candidates. Where did he come from and what is his agenda?
As for Tammy Price, her campaign ad Sunday is almost identical to the ad Edwin Sellers has been running for weeks. Did any one else notice that?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#27 Oct 28, 2010
Really, about Tammy Price ad? Interesting... Campaign ads for school board positions are ridiculous!
Questions

Somerset, KY

#28 Oct 29, 2010
Commonwealth Journal:

April 15, 2010

Steve Butcher named school Superintendent: Veteran educator succeeding Tim Eaton
local news
By CHRIS HARRIS, CJ Staff Writer

near the end of the article:

"Board member Olivia Minton tried to nominate Dan Price, principal at Pulaski Central, for the job, but the motion died for lack of a second."

6 months later - small fortune being spent on two candidates (Sellers and Tammy Price)

NO THANKS!
Son of Roth

Somerset, KY

#29 Oct 29, 2010
Questions wrote:
I never heard of Marc Roth. Frankly, the last few elections have taught me I better pay attention to the candidates. Where did he come from and what is his agenda?
As for Tammy Price, her campaign ad Sunday is almost identical to the ad Edwin Sellers has been running for weeks. Did any one else notice that?
Well, he's my Dad for one :P We've been living in Pulaski County for three years (please don't hold it against him), and I just graduated from PC (currently attending SCC).
His list of positions can be found on his Facebook page (which doubles as his website) at www.facebook.com/marcroth2010 . Any other questions, please feel free to contact him via phone or email, both listed on that page.
vote for Cindy

Somerset, KY

#30 Oct 30, 2010
Tommy wrote:
some that have spent so much have others behind them who want to run the school board and school system. I have heard that Tammy Price has her ex Dan Price behind her, who is a principal in the school system and also Ive heard that Doug Wilburn is behind her as well. I do not believe that she is qualified to be a board member. People like Bill White and Cindy are more qualified and doing a good job.
new beginning

Eubank, KY

#31 Nov 1, 2010
I am voting for Ed Sellers!!We need a new voice in the school system! Someone that cares about the children instead of their own well being. Bill White must have thought his child was to good to go to the County Schools - his son went to Somerset while his wife worked in the city school system for years and now all of the sudden he wants to run the county school system by spending money on land to benefit his self!!Why on one of the mist dangerous roads to build a school? Why not stay at the city school system? Did they run you and your family off? Wake up Pulaski!!!!
Really

Kittanning, PA

#32 Nov 1, 2010
I did not know his kids went to Somerset. Frankly it tees me off when people working in the county send their kid(s) to the city when they live in the county, As far as the principal becoming the next super......if he is so bad, why is he the principal? Is this not a board appointed position or do they have a council? Just vote for whom you think will be the best candidate and stop bad mouthing others.
so true

Somerset, KY

#33 Nov 1, 2010
Verna96 wrote:
Really, about Tammy Price ad? Interesting... Campaign ads for school board positions are ridiculous!
I totally agree like she knows anything about a bus.
so true

Somerset, KY

#34 Nov 1, 2010
Questions wrote:
Commonwealth Journal:
April 15, 2010
Steve Butcher named school Superintendent: Veteran educator succeeding Tim Eaton
local news
By CHRIS HARRIS, CJ Staff Writer
near the end of the article:
"Board member Olivia Minton tried to nominate Dan Price, principal at Pulaski Central, for the job, but the motion died for lack of a second."
6 months later - small fortune being spent on two candidates (Sellers and Tammy Price)
NO THANKS!Someone is smart and right on here.
someone is smart and right on here.
fan

Albany, KY

#36 Nov 1, 2010
I am voting for Edwin Sellers. He was the only candidate to knock on my door. His kids go to the county schools and I think he would help eliminate some of the wasteful spending and put money back where it belongs, benefitting children.
who cares

East Bernstadt, KY

#37 Nov 1, 2010
Mr White---an outstanding young man that spent 25,000 per acre on land (on hwy 39) L Vanhook (farm bureau agent) and good friend of Bill White (farm bureau chairman) NOT A COINSIDENCE THAT SOMEONE IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD VOTE TO SPEND THIS KIND OF MONEY FROM TAX PAYERS!!!!
Facts Please

London, KY

#38 Nov 1, 2010
Take a look at the facts during the past 5-10 years. Students in Pulaski County have made gains not imaginable 10 years ago due to focus on what is best for students.
Tammy Price nor Ed Sellers have spent the first day as a member of a Site Based Council. Why should we believe they both suddenly want to do what is best for kids?
Pay attention parents. Special interests have no place on a school board.
Council

Kittanning, PA

#39 Nov 1, 2010
Councils are just another group of politicians writing policies that are not always in the best interest of the children. Parents need to pay close attention to those races too. Rest assured I will know when the next election is at my Childs school.
PLEASE READ

Somerset, KY

#42 Nov 2, 2010
Did you ever have the privilege of visiting the old Woodstock school or the overcrowded conditions at Pulaski Elementary, Ms. Beshears? The conditions in both schools were bad, not a good learning environment for kids to learn. Your nephew who attends or attended Eubank had to share a reading book. Guess what those students at Woodstock and Pulaski Elementary had to share. More than a reading book. So, I know what your argument will be-that money should have been spent for additional books. But how would that have helped the overcrowding at Pulaski Elementary? How would that have helped all of the services that the students at Woodstock didn't get to receive that other students in the other schools did receive? How did that help when there was an emergency at Woodstock, but the school was so far out it took emergency vehicles a great amount of time to get there? These students now have what other schools in the system have had the privilege of having-extra services and smaller teacher/student ratios. I've also served on a site based council for several years. I'm a parent and I've had kids at both Pulaski Elementary and Woodstock. I know first hand what a difference this new school has made and I'm thrilled that my tax dollars went to such a good cause. Wilburn built this new school so he made money from it. Are you a Dan Price fan? If so, he's had his grubby hands on you also! Keep the system in the hands of the people that are there now. All I've seen is improvement with these fine folks.
greedy

Somerset, KY

#43 Nov 2, 2010
beth beshears argment sounds like greed for helping one school while please read argument sounds like an agument that helped out two schools.i vote for please read who has the best argment. thats my 2 cents worth.
Nobody

Ford City, PA

#44 Nov 2, 2010
A vote for Tammy or Edwin is a vote for Superintendent....guaranteed! That is why they are running and have been supported financially to do so. Get a glue! I also have heard if these people get in and vote Dan in as Superintendent that at lease 2 women have agreed to blow him out of the water with proof of misconduct. Just saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min republiCONS 175,827
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 35 min bacon hater 74,355
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 51 min WarForOil 82,655
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Synergy 63,096
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 2 hr NTMD8OR 4,226
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Dawg Rules 100,790
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr farts 19,610
More from around the web