Who do you support for County Judge /...
go ann you can do it agai

Columbia, KY

#61 Nov 23, 2013
what difference what ann makes at least she does her job.if wid gets it you talking about taxes they are going to be raised big time you;ll see
go team ann

Columbia, KY

#62 Jan 28, 2014
ann I believe you got this all the way you guys blaming this lady for everything when it was the tungates better vote for ann we don't need stephens in there you guys will see better think twice about stephens
Amy

Greensburg, KY

#63 Jan 28, 2014
go team ann wrote:
ann I believe you got this all the way you guys blaming this lady for everything when it was the tungates better vote for ann we don't need stephens in there you guys will see better think twice about stephens
When r u ppl gonna wake up and understand that rusty tailgate was and still the problem with the hospital . The Cje has to work out of his mess and what a mess it is. Not gonna happen over night look at Obama ( Stephens hand picked man) still Putin us in the hole 5 years later. Tailgate will get his, you go Ann hold firm, there are a whole lot of us for YOU.
wake up

Columbia, KY

#64 Jan 28, 2014
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
When r u ppl gonna wake up and understand that rusty tailgate was and still the problem with the hospital . The Cje has to work out of his mess and what a mess it is. Not gonna happen over night look at Obama ( Stephens hand picked man) still Putin us in the hole 5 years later. Tailgate will get his, you go Ann hold firm, there are a whole lot of us for YOU.
She was there when Tungate was, right or wrong? she was there when the crappy board was, in fact she appointed some of the crappy board members, so what else is new? after being in office for two terms, get real, wake up and stop sounding stupid..your what I would call living in a fool's paradise.
magic

Cub Run, KY

#65 Jan 28, 2014
wake up wrote:
<quoted text>She was there when Tungate was, right or wrong? she was there when the crappy board was, in fact she appointed some of the crappy board members, so what else is new? after being in office for two terms, get real, wake up and stop sounding stupid..your what I would call living in a fool's paradise.
You are the fool. And a damn Democrat too.
confused

Austin, TX

#66 Jan 28, 2014
I'll never understand why this is hard for people to get. I think you have to work hard at not understanding so simple.

Let's say rusty tungate was in all actuality satan. That he stole every cent that came through there, and stole the souls of children who came to the ER. Let's say he was way worse than you think now. He held secret meetings, payed his management way too much, and stole all the profits.

Ok. Picture that in your mind.

So who hired and renewed his contract, who paid him his salary, who ok'd him paying his management team that much, and who signed off on everything he ever did? Who was his boss?

The hospital board. Ok well let's just say he mind controlled all of them and forced them to be his minions! And then a new board, member by member was appointed, and they were resistant to satan. They said Ann Melton has given us the strength to fight you Satan! Together we will send you back to HELL!

Ok, we all good an in agreement that's exactly what happened? Good.

So in ride the heroes! It's early 2011. Sadly the did not arrive fast enough. Through his theft and over paying of a massive overpaid management staff the hospital owed 4 million dollars AND was only turning a small profit. Had this board arrived 28 years ago we would be debt free and would have run satan out.

So the board speaks the magical incantation to rid us of satan. "We want to put a second floor on the hospital, get us a 6-8 million dollar loan please." odd I know but they knew what they were doing, spells are tricky.

So they voted unanimously to get the loan. Voted unanimously to approve the loan, voted unanimously to sign the loan. And they did. Jim Evans signed the loan as chairman and the same day resigned Satan's contract for another 2 years, with a pay raise!

AND THEN THE MAGIC HAPPENED!

They breached Satan's contract, he and all of his staff were driven back to the netherworlds of Casey and Green! He didn't even file a suit! It was perfect.

Goodbye Satan! Goodbye giant over paid management group! No more thieves bleeding us dry! Hello Spectrum, kind Christian, god fearing, and just wanting the best for us!

But there was the question. Now that all this has ended… What in the world would we do with all the money we will be drowning in? Step one: Pay back the now massive 10-11 million dollars we owe. Step two: Get multiple bank accounts because one vault will be unable to hold that much money!

Without all the theft, with literally almost 20 overpaid do nothings gone, with the people Ann Melton put in charge there would be no waste at all. Perhaps a statue is in order?

So in one year they paid off the debt, and began a program. Every Adair county native not only got free healthcare, but also a dividend check in the mail. Life was wonderful. Soon we began to think about taking over Norton's, with skills at this level imagine how much we could transform the nation. Do I hear presidential aspirations?

But what happened to Satan? Ann called out the dogs. The FBI, KBI, KSP, IRS, and local law enforcement went through the records, noted all the wrong doings and theft. The state took Satan's house, he and his minions are all serving consecutive life sentences, and it's all thanks to Ann Melton. She appointed the board, reappointed the members, helped select Spectrum, promised us Satan would be imprisoned, not to mention were all getting a check in the mail every month. I too hope Ann Melton stays CJE, help us fight to keep her. When people find out what a great job she did here, who wouldn't want her in the highest office in the land. They would probably do away with congress, the senate, and term limits.

Under her guiding hand the whole country could be in as great a shape as Adair County!
confused

Austin, TX

#67 Jan 28, 2014
However. In a dark alternate universe.

None of what really happened, really happened.

They did owe almost 4 million, they did vote and sign for another 6. something million. They also did breach Tungates contract and hire spectrum. They did put Spectrum at the wheel owing 10-11 million. Those things are true. Also almost 20 high paid management positions were gone along with the CEO and CFO.

But something strange happened.

They were barely making a profit, and subtracting all those salaries alone, should now be making an ok profit. Plus if there was massive mismanagement and theft, the profits should at least be good to great right?

In one year with all this new money their debt went from 10-11 million, to 16-17 million. In one year. By the halfway point of year two we owed over 20 million. A month and a half later is was 22.8 million.

The meetings remained and remain to this day secret.
No notes or minutes are kept, so even with a warrant no one will ever know what happened or is happening now.

Spectrum is suing us for $600,000.00, they are just one in a long line of debtors demanding their money.

Many lifelong employees were terminated.

Westlake declared bankruptcy, becoming the first county entity in the history of our state to do so. We joined the ranks of Detroit and a couple small towns out west. We are in legal circles almost famous.

A tax was levied by the bankruptcy court to meet our payment. It was set too low to meet our multi-million dollar balloon payment due soon. Inability to pay this would immediately pass the over 20 million in debt strait to adair county. It would bankrupt us, however the State Attorney General has already announced no county in this state would be allowed to declare. Therefore taxes would be raised and services cut, and jobs removed, to fit a repayment plan. Usually a 5 year plan, to pay in reality 24-30 million, plus any amount they lose from here on out. They are currently not turning a profit.

Which is unimportant because we used the tax to pay for other things anyway. On a bright note instead of using any income to right the ship we have decided to offer high quality health insurance to a select group of employees. It would be to expensive to offer it to everyone, so a list was made of select employees the board thought should be offered.

Instead of looking for an experienced management team, this board just like the last publicly stated. "this hospital is like anything else, so we can run it". How hard could it be right? They have recently hired a board member with no experience in the healthcare field as CEO at 120,000 dollars per year. Which if you check is a middle of the road pay scale for anyone with a hospital administration degree, years of experience, and general understanding of the unbelievable complex and ever changing reimbursement schemes.

Some people in the community look at the 19 million dollars of debt acquired in the past 3 years and wonder what changed.

Some people though not many feel like the hospital board should have been made up of more than just friends and neighbors of our county judge executive. That perhaps some of them could have had experience in the medical field, or law, or finance. As opposed to an ex cop, an ex lineman, the husband of a local nurse (the most experienced), or a mechanic.

Some people think that her appointing those people to run the hospital, had some effect on the profit margin. And that when appointing a new board of equally qualified persons was a mistake as well.

But thats complex, and makes her look bad.

So lets just say that all the money is gone and were bankrupt because of some guy who's been gone for 3 years, and left when we owed less than half what we do now.

We will even let the boards that did all this write press statements about how great they are, email them to the papers, and they can run them in a format that looks like actual reporting.

Because people here are stupid. Obviously.
confused

Austin, TX

#68 Jan 28, 2014
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my god, Mike Stephens put Obama in office? Thats amazing. I thought he was just a local pharmacist and businessman.

Wait not gonna happen overnight, Obama putting us in the whole 5 years later? What are you saying Bush did that still cannot be undone in 5 years?

There are a lot of people who will vote for Ann, Contractors wanting taxpayer bids, people who only have a job because she gave them one, her family, a large group of people who have absolutely no idea whats gone on, is going on, or whats gonna happen. All together that is a whole lot of people in Adair county.

I blame our education here, it's not ranked well.
just saying

Russell Springs, KY

#69 Jan 28, 2014
Sounds like a mess over there in Columbia. The Russell County Hospital Board had their monthly meeting last night. Local radio reported a local physician Dr. Westerfield spoke up at the meeting and requested RC Hospital merge with Westlake. Russell Co Judge Ex. told the board last night that should not happen. I see now what his concerns are.
voter

Vine Grove, KY

#70 Jan 28, 2014
just saying wrote:
Sounds like a mess over there in Columbia. The Russell County Hospital Board had their monthly meeting last night. Local radio reported a local physician Dr. Westerfield spoke up at the meeting and requested RC Hospital merge with Westlake. Russell Co Judge Ex. told the board last night that should not happen. I see now what his concerns are.
No no no! You should! You absolutely should merge! How's your guys credit? You guys have maybe some money to invest? What about people willing to go to your hospital?

If you guys have good credit, extra money, and patients who would rather go there than die, we absolutly think you should merge.

Don't listen to your CJE, listen to ours! She's great! She can help you manage your hospital too!
midnighttoker

United States

#71 Jan 30, 2014
Noobs keep lectin em air genises
just me

Columbia, KY

#72 Feb 4, 2014
get off my damn lawn wrote:
I like wid but he wants to raise your taxes just like Obama types. Ann has done a good job. I feed my kids and you can feed yours....it don't take a village....get off your ass and unless your a crip or an old person, then your on your own. Wid will feed you....Ann will make you work for a livin....Americans who work can't pull the wagon any longer for the deadbeats...
You got that right, no words could be more true "SHE WILL MAKE YOU WORK" work your azz off to pay high taxes and for all the other things that have gone on, thanks for a board of people she picked we will "work and hope we can eat" for the next 100 years.
Your kidding

Columbia, KY

#73 Feb 4, 2014
agree also wrote:
He is a good Christian man and wants what is best for Adair County.
Yeah right, He tried to put the payroll tax on us and he will try it again. He is arrogant and thinks the rest of us are dummies.
Lonzo

Cub Run, KY

#74 Feb 5, 2014
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my god, Mike Stephens put Obama in office? Thats amazing. I thought he was just a local pharmacist and businessman.
Wait not gonna happen overnight, Obama putting us in the whole 5 years later? What are you saying Bush did that still cannot be undone in 5 years?
There are a lot of people who will vote for Ann, Contractors wanting taxpayer bids, people who only have a job because she gave them one, her family, a large group of people who have absolutely no idea whats gone on, is going on, or whats gonna happen. All together that is a whole lot of people in Adair county.
I blame our education here, it's not ranked well.
I tend to think you are confused because you choose to be, but not everyone does. Who had control of the purse strings in Detroit and at westlake ? Detroit still has 56 million they can't account for from one fund , how does that happen? Could it be some CPA who is very adept at hiding numbers and also holds the purse strings? Maybe u should think about who might fit that profile.
lol

United States

#75 Feb 5, 2014
Lonzo wrote:
<quoted text>I tend to think you are confused because you choose to be, but not everyone does. Who had control of the purse strings in Detroit and at westlake ? Detroit still has 56 million they can't account for from one fund , how does that happen? Could it be some CPA who is very adept at hiding numbers and also holds the purse strings? Maybe u should think about who might fit that profile.
Who had control of the purse strings in Detroit and at Westlake? So you say we should make sure not to put people who have training in accounting anywhere near the books. That any random person would be better?

That's why we can compare westlake to Detroit. But Westlake has never been run by a CPA or anything close. I personally believe the higher the education, experience, and training, the better to manage things. It's why I'm personally not happy with choices made in management, of a hospital over 20 million in debt, and as of last week announced major loses, which are fine because it's 20% better than their loses last year....
confused

Matawan, NJ

#76 Feb 6, 2014
YOU ARE NOW ON THE LIST!
short memory

Columbia, KY

#77 Feb 7, 2014
Spiderman wrote:
My vote goes to Ann she has done the best job of any Co. Judge Exec. My whoe family is voting for her.Don't forget taxes---Nickle Tax. Wid tried to force that on us. He is done.
How about the hospital tax we got forced on us? lets not forget that, but of course we can't, because we will be paying it the rest of our lives, bad decisions, bad hiring of board members.
Lonz

Cub Run, KY

#78 Feb 8, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Who had control of the purse strings in Detroit and at Westlake? So you say we should make sure not to put people who have training in accounting anywhere near the books. That any random person would be better?
That's why we can compare westlake to Detroit. But Westlake has never been run by a CPA or anything close. I personally believe the higher the education, experience, and training, the better to manage things. It's why I'm personally not happy with choices made in management, of a hospital over 20 million in debt, and as of last week announced major loses, which are fine because it's 20% better than their loses last year....
Hey Brite boy! You might want to check tailgates resume a little close before u start runnin your lip.and as far as higher Ed. Just makes em harder to catch, again you choose to ignore certain info in favor of politics
amicrazy

United States

#79 Feb 19, 2014
Lonz wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Brite boy! You might want to check tailgates resume a little close before u start runnin your lip.and as far as higher Ed. Just makes em harder to catch, again you choose to ignore certain info in favor of politics
So I read your post. And the post you responded to. Let's say from here on out we don't elect a single qualified person to any position. We will make the dentist the garbage man, and the garbage man the dentist. That way there can be no mistakes. Can't wait to see the inmates for my medical check up, I think I need a colonoscopy.

Wait that sounds like a bad idea. Wait didn't the adair county hospital go bankrupt for doing that and now the county is sunk in 25 million in debt.

I guess it turns out your stupid. Which you have in common with adairs county judge. You 2 should hang out. You think a lot alike.
Big johnson

Columbia, KY

#80 Mar 29, 2016
Mikey Stevens for the new mayor of Columbia, I'm aiming for the white house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr General Robert E Lee 118,757
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 hr Bad Dog 103,533
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 16 hr Tom Collins 20,075
Election Who's got your vote for Congress in Missouri's ... (Oct '14) Tue Trump Fan 33
Election Who are you voting for in the Illinois Governor... (Oct '14) Jan 21 Voting again 25
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) Jan 21 Dick Gozinya 110,437
Election Who's got your vote in the Illinois State Compt... (Oct '14) Jan 20 Kiddo 7
More from around the web