Rocco

Columbia, TN

#100244 Oct 4, 2013
Barry Obama Is a Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is?
People shouldn't display their patriotism for fear of being persecuted or targeted in some way?
There's a word for that.......coward.
No..the word is TARGET
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#100245 Oct 4, 2013
Congrats young man for voting 'Hope & Change'...

American media outlets were finally able to track down a mythical creature ó a person who actually signed up for the Obamacare exchanges online.

Chad Henderson, a healthy, 21-year-old college student at Chattanooga State Community College, admitted to the Washington Post that the premium for the plan he enrolled in was $175. Ouch! Wasnít Obamacare supposed to lower premiums?

Without Obamacare, Henderson could have received health insurance for as little as $44.72

http://washingtonexaminer.com/175-premium-for...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#100246 Oct 4, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>

Based on this one fact, the ACA cannot be successful as it is currently written. The ACA will fail on its own merits, or lack of merits. Republicans didn't need to pick a fight based on this because they will win this fight anyway. They risked their ability to get elected by doing this when the ACA would and will fail on its own without this risk.
It is certainly possible that COULD be the final outcome. Meanwhile, we have an entire party standing against providing health insurance for 30 million Americans, and willing to shut down government to achieve that goal. Somehow I can't see how this will yield an expanded voting base. OBVIOUSLY you get the big picture of how this looks, no matter the spin put on it !
This mess will not cost Roe his seat in our district....BUT it is hurting the brand nationally, and truthfully if Cruz and Paul become the face of the Republican Party, it will eventually hurt the party, even in red states like Tennessee.

You asked me about Bill O'Reilly and I wasn't ignoring you, I just hadn't had time to go back and re-read his column until this A.M.
The column doesn't mention anything about God telling him to write his book. That may have come from an interview.
Like you, I am surprised with that quote. O'Reilly is a Catholic and the Catholics I know, are MUCH less likely to publicly discuss their relationship with God than members of other denominations.
There was one other quote from the column which I found disgusting and which I think perfectly illustrates his point. He writes that he received a message stating "Bill, what do you know about Jesus ? You are a Catholic and they don't know anything about the Bible". These people walk among us.....
I always read O'Reilly's column, although I seldom agree with him, but my favorite conservative columnist was the late Bob Novak. Novak was also a Catholic, but he converted to Catholicism in his later years.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#100247 Oct 4, 2013
Obamacare quadrupled Chadís premiums, and Dim-Libs think this is a success story.

Go figure.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#100248 Oct 4, 2013
Rocco wrote:
<quoted text>No..the word is TARGET
So, the 1/4" flag on the lapel, which any citizen can wear, should be banned for fear someone may target them.
So, there's 50 people at the Lincoln Memorial, and a terrorist waiting to strike.
The terrorist is going to pick off the ones wearing a flag on their lapel, and leave the rest unharmed?
ROFL
The terrorist is going to wipe out all 50, including women and children.
Oh yeah, they've been so selective in the past, haven't they?
What a joke.
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#100249 Oct 4, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
70% of all Americans understand Obamacare to be the travesty it is.
Yes, the level of understanding of the ACA on this thread is quite clear from the many statements that the penalty will be $7500 to the multiple postings of a 6 digit phone number. It is very amusing to watch how you all change things around to make it fit what you want it to say.
Anonymous

Minneapolis, MN

#100250 Oct 4, 2013
Let me start off by saying I'm not as informed as most of you on this forum. Before Obama Care I really didn't pay much attention to government or politics. I just try to live my life the best way that I can. I work 2 jobs to secure what I have. What I don't understand is Obama Care. What's one good thing about it? If Obama Care passes, will Insurance from the State be cut off? What about big business and insurance? Companies that hire part time so they don't have to offer benefits.

The issue I have the biggest problem with is welfare.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#100251 Oct 4, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning OT;
I believe the Teabaggers don't understand because they listen to Fox News, hate radio or recieve e-mails from anonymous sources.
Good morning "Dunlapian" ! I have to wonder about anyone who refuses to investigate the FACTS about an issue, before they stick their two cents in.

You are certainly right about the e-mails ! They all got one stating that Obama was willing to negotiate with Putin etc.....but not with congress ! AND they failed to mention that what the Republicans wanted him to negotiate on was a THREE MONTH spending bill, after which they would want him to negotiate with them again !
To be fair, Obama did some of this to himself. He was too quick to cave on other issues and left congress with the perception that he was weak and would cave AGAIN. He seems to have finally gotten a spine and the Republicans in congress not only didn't expect it but had no plan B if it should happen.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#100252 Oct 4, 2013
Ah yes....the efficiency and accuracy of the federal government at work:

Obamacare Exchange Sends List Of 2,400 Social Security Numbers and other personally identifiable information To Broker...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57605564/...
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#100253 Oct 4, 2013
Law enforcement uni's, a badge and a weapon to illegal aliens is like mothballs in a closet....

They are making the story about the gun and uniform but....There are a lot of illegals that have taught their kids NOT to go to a policeman if there is a problem. The reason is that they want to stay in the background and here in the US. Kids come home saying there is a policeman and the parents start to worry that soon they will be caught so they don't want to police there.

"MESA, Ariz.-
He's not the type of armed man on campus you'd expect parents to be concerned about -- but apparently a police officer dropping off his daughter at school was just too scary for some parents in Mesa.

And the school principal actually called that officer to ask him not to wear his uniform on campus ever again.

The issue was that other parents were concerned because he had a gun...."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23596179/20...
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#100254 Oct 4, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning "Dunlapian" ! I have to wonder about anyone who refuses to investigate the FACTS about an issue, before they stick their two cents in.
You are certainly right about the e-mails ! They all got one stating that Obama was willing to negotiate with Putin etc.....but not with congress ! AND they failed to mention that what the Republicans wanted him to negotiate on was a THREE MONTH spending bill, after which they would want him to negotiate with them again !
To be fair, Obama did some of this to himself. He was too quick to cave on other issues and left congress with the perception that he was weak and would cave AGAIN. He seems to have finally gotten a spine and the Republicans in congress not only didn't expect it but had no plan B if it should happen.
What a complete crock - just WHAT has Obama EVER negotiated?

"I shouldn't have to offer anything..."
-Barack Hussein Obama
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#100255 Oct 4, 2013
Bayless wrote:
Ah yes....the efficiency and accuracy of the federal government at work:
Obamacare Exchange Sends List Of 2,400 Social Security Numbers and other personally identifiable information To Broker...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57605564/...
Not surprised.
Remember the argument against the ACA that lots of "government workers" (besides the IRS) would have access to your personal financial & health records?
Here ya go.
Everyone interested in signing up for the ACA should wait 2 months or longer so they can eliminate the known glitches today.
There will be glitches forever....just look at Medicare.
Hopefully the bureaucrats administering this will get their act together.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#100256 Oct 4, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct that there were old people then....The part of the puzzle you left out was the vast decrease in deaths from childhood diseases, fostered by immunizations from those. We all know why this was left out. It doesn't fit your narrative.
Good morning Smug. That's not really where that person was going at all in the first place. Your friends put them judge its on the group that is not their usual sidekicks.
Salk testified that polio now was coming from the Polio vaccine itself. They just started calling Polio by another name.
And thanks to Bill Gates over 40 some thousand kids from India are now Paralyzed from the Polio vaccines.
These diseases were flat lining out before the vaccines came out.
In 100 percent inoculated areas the kids get measles??????????
It was sanitation and nutrition that brought the decline in the infant mortality rate.
BTW A doctor back in the good old days cured everyone of his polio patients with high doses of intravenous Vitamin C

I knew someone would throw this in. Guess you would be first on that list was my guess.
So now, how about where that person was coming from, because it wasn't vaccines.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#100257 Oct 4, 2013
Conviction wrote:
Let me start off by saying I'm not as informed as most of you on this forum. Before Obama Care I really didn't pay much attention to government or politics. I just try to live my life the best way that I can. I work 2 jobs to secure what I have. What I don't understand is Obama Care. What's one good thing about it? If Obama Care passes, will Insurance from the State be cut off? What about big business and insurance? Companies that hire part time so they don't have to offer benefits.
The issue I have the biggest problem with is welfare.
Well, first off, this is the LAST place you should be looking for information on the ACA (Obamacare), or much of anything else for that matter. This was once a forum of discussion and debate on political issues which has devolved into a shouting match between partisans.
You say "If Obamacare passes".....it passed several years ago. It is now being implemented. Starting in January, if you are uninsured you can access the insurance exchanges and purchase a policy on a sliding scale according to your income. Federal taxpayers will help you pay for coverage if you are a lower income individual.
I suggest you access some REPUTABLE web sites, and read all you can about the ACA. Then you can make an informed decision on what is best for you and your family and act accordingly. Please do not take the propaganda coming from the parties as Gospel. The ACA is NOT perfect, nor is it the end of the world as we know it.
Good luck !
here now

Johnson City, TN

#100258 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
She has no common sense.
There are government employees stationed at these barricades to prevent access to the memorials.
So pay someone to keep it closed or pay someone to leave it open.
It's a joke and people on site there see the truth.
By the way, these are open air memorials.
Private citizens have stepped forward and offered to "pay" to keep the White House tours and open air memorials open, a week at a time.
They were denied.
Barry wants to keep them closed.
I grew up in DC. I know that these are open space areas. To pretend that the barricades are to prevent vandalism is grossly ignorant. I believe that about three months ago the Lincoln Memorial was vandalized with green paint when there was no shutdown.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#100259 Oct 4, 2013
olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
ok WW2 my bad but point remains the same, Bachman is a hippocritical, shameless, glassey eyed, transparent, narcissistic, lying self serving moron.
Yeah, she's a lot like Harry Reid.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#100260 Oct 4, 2013
<quoted text>
And your point is?
People shouldn't display their patriotism for fear of being persecuted or targeted in some way?
There's a word for that.......coward.
Well I guess I served with a bunch of cowards in Vietnam, as there was no saluting an officer over there as that would of given the Gukes a good target for their snipers......and I must say they had some good ones.
BTW, now I see by your definition of a coward all of our military are cowards as they have velcro patches of our flag, unit, ect., on their uniform. They are velcro for one reason and one reason only, I hope you can figure that one out.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#100261 Oct 4, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
What a complete crock - just WHAT has Obama EVER negotiated?
"I shouldn't have to offer anything..."
-Barack Hussein Obama
Obama extended all of the Bush tax cuts for a year....he caved. Then when the year was up....he raised the floor from 250K to 400K...he caved. Ever hear about single payer ? He caved. Ever hear of the public option ? He caved. Extending the payroll tax cut for average wage earners ? He caved.......want more ????

This like grab hooking fish in a bucket.
Time to change the subject....right ?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#100263 Oct 4, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning Smug. That's not really where that person was going at all in the first place. Your friends put them judge its on the group that is not their usual sidekicks.
Salk testified that polio now was coming from the Polio vaccine itself. They just started calling Polio by another name.
And thanks to Bill Gates over 40 some thousand kids from India are now Paralyzed from the Polio vaccines.
These diseases were flat lining out before the vaccines came out.
In 100 percent inoculated areas the kids get measles??????????
It was sanitation and nutrition that brought the decline in the infant mortality rate.
BTW A doctor back in the good old days cured everyone of his polio patients with high doses of intravenous Vitamin C
I knew someone would throw this in. Guess you would be first on that list was my guess.
So now, how about where that person was coming from, because it wasn't vaccines.
You deal in the absurd "Hey"...... Those doctors you so revere had VERY little in their bag of tricks. It is modern medicine that has extended lifespans. Nobody is stopping you from taking all the alternative medicine you can ingest. I want the opportunity to access what is available from modern medicine and I want it to be available for all Americans. If you choose to not avail yourself...power to ya.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#100264 Oct 4, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well I guess I served with a bunch of cowards in Vietnam, as there was no saluting an officer over there as that would of given the Gukes a good target for their snipers......and I must say they had some good ones.
BTW, now I see by your definition of a coward all of our military are cowards as they have velcro patches of our flag, unit, ect., on their uniform. They are velcro for one reason and one reason only, I hope you can figure that one out.
You've taken this discussion from lapel pins on the sidewalks of DC and terrorists to the killing fields of Vietnam.
You deflect.
This discussion was about terrorism and lapel pins.
Nice try.
Start another discussion about Nam if you insist. I'm not going there.
Bottom line: Terrorists don't care if you're wearing a flag lapel pin or not, they don't care of you're 2 or 92, they don't care of you're a Congressman or a welfare Mom.
Your reference to a "lapel pin" was asinine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Jay 178,071
Election Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 1 hr BOiaF 4,617
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr Justaminute 83,064
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Bedwetting Liberals 100,941
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr UdintBuildThat 35,046
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 3 hr Fart 629
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 hr hillbilly 75,472
More from around the web