Hey

Cookeville, TN

#99747 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You talkin' to me...you talkin' to me??? I've never been in Ohio in my entire Life...never wanted to go, either!
Too Bad. we could have perhaps lost our Princess in one of those really big pot holes.
The good ole folks in Ohio would like to invite y'all in.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99748 Oct 1, 2013
From Sen. Obama’s Floor Speech, March 20, 2006:

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that “the buck stops here.” Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
Question

Carthage, TN

#99749 Oct 1, 2013
Some things never seem to change. Lamar Alexander will be re elected because he has millions of dollars to run on. What is his claim to fame. A plaid shirt and a walk across the state is the biggest thing he has done in years.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#99750 Oct 1, 2013
Question wrote:
Some things never seem to change. Lamar Alexander will be re elected because he has millions of dollars to run on. What is his claim to fame. A plaid shirt and a walk across the state is the biggest thing he has done in years.
But...wait...wait....he stood up for fishermen who wanted to fish below the dams on the Cumberland river too!!!

<YAWN>

That RINO needs to be primaried.
TN Voter

United States

#99751 Oct 1, 2013
Barry Obama Is a Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
I copied and pasted it from a federal government website for your convenience.
Please inform them of their mistake.
I know right... She's an idiot ... I've told her to look things up and she won't, so I'll go to a department website and the senile moron thinks I got the info from faux... Lol what a moron she is...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#99752 Oct 1, 2013
I will now offer that quote I promised regarding the internet and sites such as this.....and their contribution to the behavior of some contributors.
"Now a sad fact of life in America is that there are some very unstable folks running around, and they have always been with us. But from my perch....I can tell you with certainty that the level of fanaticism is rising......The reason is the Internet.
In the past, kooks were kind of isolated. But now they can find other loons in cyberspace with whom to commiserate. That encourages bizarre behavior, as disturbed people think their outlook is acceptable because others are saying the same thing on their machines..........There is little anyone can do with fanatics. Reasoning with them is a fool's errand. Avoiding them is mandatory. These people are dangerous. They spread poison and could not care less who they hurt. Thus the internet has become a hate-filled town square with no limits put on destructive verbal behavior. And millions of children have access to all the vitriol"
Any guesses as to who penned this ???? I will give proper credit for the quote later.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#99753 Oct 1, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
I will now offer that quote I promised regarding the internet and sites such as this.....and their contribution to the behavior of some contributors.
"Now a sad fact of life in America is that there are some very unstable folks running around, and they have always been with us. But from my perch....I can tell you with certainty that the level of fanaticism is rising......The reason is the Internet.
In the past, kooks were kind of isolated. But now they can find other loons in cyberspace with whom to commiserate. That encourages bizarre behavior, as disturbed people think their outlook is acceptable because others are saying the same thing on their machines..........There is little anyone can do with fanatics. Reasoning with them is a fool's errand. Avoiding them is mandatory. These people are dangerous. They spread poison and could not care less who they hurt. Thus the internet has become a hate-filled town square with no limits put on destructive verbal behavior. And millions of children have access to all the vitriol"
Any guesses as to who penned this ???? I will give proper credit for the quote later.
Bill O'Reilly. I will add some comments when I have more time.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#99754 Oct 1, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill O'Reilly. I will add some comments when I have more time.
You're right "Pete", and while I seldom agree with Bill, I usually read his columns, and in this case I think he is onto something. I look forward to your comments.
Republican

Paris, TN

#99755 Oct 1, 2013
RNN)– Veterans who came to Washington, DC, to visit the World War II Memorial found barricades surrounding the monument.

After the World War II veterans and those accompanying them moved the barricades, a bag piper lead the group, some of whom were pushed in wheelchairs, into the memorial, located on the National Mall.

Stars and Stripes reporter Leo Shane reported on his Twitter feed that no attempt will be made by National Park Police to stop the veterans. Shane noted that some members of Congress were accompanying the veterans.

Shane said that Rep. Steve King, R-IA, distracted the park police so others could move the barricades.

A park ranger with the National Park Service told the media they were seeking guidance on how to proceed.

"Obviously we have people who have come from all over the country to see this memorial. The park service did not want to barricade this memorial," the park ranger said. "It is unfortunate, we feel terrible for the people who came here with the Honor Flights."

She went on to say that the U.S. Park Service can't operate until Congress passes a budget.

Most of the memorials and landmarks in the nation's capital and along the National Mall are surrounded by barricades, closed to the public because of the government shutdown.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/23580018/wwii-vets-...
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#99756 Oct 1, 2013
The longer the Obama presidency continues, the more America's status as a superpower ebbs away.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/concoughlin...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#99757 Oct 1, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> That may explain some of this....but it doesn't explain the hard heartedness that I read from some on this and other threads. I treat cattle better than these folks want to treat their fellow Americans.
They feel that somehow they are immune from the danger of being poor. Truth be known, in an instant God could take all the worldly goods they have. I have seen that play out many times in my life as the mighty have fallen.
Yesterday, I read a post from a person who responded to me in a manner that, if done face to face would have resulted in someone taking a whooping.(Unfortunately, I have never gotten the hang of this turn the other cheek thing, no matter how hard I may try ! Just one of my many failings !) I have concluded that it is the internet and threads such as this which foster behavior like his, where anything can be posted without consequences.....Nothing is too outrageous to be said, and much of it is applauded by other "people" (and I use the term loosely) which further encourages MORE outrageous behavior. I will post a quote from an article I read later, when I have more time that supports my theory. Gotta get to work, try to have a good day !
Spot-on OT!
Ya know I was raised to believe the one most important thing a person has is their health, not money, goods, fame ect...... just HEALTH. This OBAMACARE is all about health and some people want to shut down our Government because of it.
Some say it is too expensive, well how about all the bombs and bullets we have. We have more weaponry than we will ever need for our defense, but nothing is mentioned about making new and improved ways of killing people, at a cost that is phenomenal compared to our health care.
Oh yeah BTW, The V.A. will not be processing any new claims for awhile.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#99758 Oct 1, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Spot-on OT!
Ya know I was raised to believe the one most important thing a person has is their health, not money, goods, fame ect...... just HEALTH. This OBAMACARE is all about health and some people want to shut down our Government because of it.
Some say it is too expensive, well how about all the bombs and bullets we have. We have more weaponry than we will ever need for our defense, but nothing is mentioned about making new and improved ways of killing people, at a cost that is phenomenal compared to our health care.
Oh yeah BTW, The V.A. will not be processing any new claims for awhile.
B.S.

Obamacare is all about CONTROL.
really

Jackson, TN

#99759 Oct 1, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>You are obviously not an educated person and pretending to be .......fail.
Well someone too damn stupid to spell dumbass correctly has no value in what they say, moron
really

Jackson, TN

#99762 Oct 1, 2013
olivia wrote:
so we will go this journey once again when the debt ceiling comes up. shame on the GOP. they profess wanting to reduce the deficit while increasing it by phenominal proportions. SHAME on the GOP. Obama has decreased the deficit by half, the DOW is up from 7.3 to over 15, the unemployment rate is down from 10.4 to 7.3, and the GOP is terrified the public will wake up and smell the coffee.
more b/s from a clueless moron, you are great at showing what a dumbass you are!!
really

Jackson, TN

#99763 Oct 1, 2013
President Obama is falsely claiming that his administration’s policies are responsible for “about 10 percent” of the deficits “over the last four years.” The cumulative deficit during that time is nearly $5.2 trillion. Obama signed two bills — the 2009 stimulus and the 2010 tax cut — that alone cost $1.6 trillion during that time, or nearly a third of the cumulative four-year deficit.

How could he have been so wrong? Although he said “the last four years,” the administration tells us that he was referring to a Treasury analysis of a 10-year period from 2002 to 2011 — which includes all eight years of the Bush administration and excludes the 2012 fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30 with a $1.17 trillion deficit.

We’re also told that Obama meant 12 percent, not 10 percent, and that 12 percent figure does not represent a percentage of cumulative deficits ($6 trillion) during those 10 years. It’s 12 percent of $11.9 trillion — which is the difference between the Congressional Budget Office’s rosy 10-year budget projection issued in January 2001 ($5.9 trillion in cumulative surpluses from 2002 to 2011) and what actually happened ($6 trillion in deficits).

The Treasury Department analysis claims that Obama’s polices are responsible for 12 percent of “the changes in deficit projections since January 2001,” but even that figure is too low, as we will explain later.

Obama on Deficits

The federal government will end fiscal year 2012 in a few days (Sept. 30) with a $1.2 trillion deficit — marking the fourth consecutive year of trillion-plus deficits. In a recent “60 Minutes” interview, CBS’ Steve Kroft asked Obama about the sharp increase in the federal debt since he has become president.

Obama, Sept. 23: First of all, Steve, I think it’s important to understand the context here. When I came into office, I inherited the biggest deficit in our history. And over the last four years, the deficit has gone up, but 90 percent of that is as a consequence of two wars that weren’t paid for, as a consequence of tax cuts that weren’t paid for, a prescription drug plan that was not paid for, and then the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Now we took some emergency actions, but that accounts for about 10 percent of this increase in the deficit ...

Obama stated it differently in a speech two days earlier to the AARP.

Obama, Sept. 21: I think it’s important for folks to know that 90 percent of the debt and deficits that we’re seeing right now are the result of choices that were made over the course of the last decade — two wars that weren’t paid for; tax cuts skewed towards the wealthy that were not paid for. So we made some decisions, and then when the Great Recession hit, that meant more money was going out and not as much money was coming in, and that has blown up our deficit and our debt.

Obama’s response leaves the false impression that President George W. Bush and the 2008 recession are responsible for a whopping 90 percent of the deficits in the last four years.

It’s true that Obama “inherited the biggest deficit in our history,” as he said on CBS. By the time Obama took office in January 2009, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office had already estimated that increased spending and decreased revenues would result in a $1.2 trillion deficit for fiscal year 2009, which began Oct. 1, 2008. In a detailed analysis of fiscal year 2009, we found that Obama was responsible for adding at most $203 billion to the deficit, which in the end topped $1.4 trillion that year.

But that was just the first of four years of trillion-plus deficits. The last three budgets fall squarely under Obama. And, during that time, the federal government ran up deficits of $1.3 trillion in 2010,$1.3 trillion in 2011, and about $1.2 trillion in the fiscal year that ends Sept. 30 — for a total of nearly $5.2 trillion in deficit spending.
really

Jackson, TN

#99764 Oct 1, 2013
Now, affixing responsibility (i.e., blame) for mega-deficits and the ballooning federal debt is filled with ideological landmines. Obama doesn’t take responsibility for war spending, for example, even though he continued the spending and, in fact, increased U.S. troop levels in Afghanistan. He also doesn’t want to take the blame for the expense of creating the Medicare prescription drug program — although his federal health care law increased funding for it.(The law will gradually close the notorious doughnut hole that caused some seniors to pay nearly $2,000 in prescription drug costs because of a gap in coverage.)

Regardless of how you assess blame, this much we can say with certainty: Obama’s policies are responsible for more than 10 percent of the deficits accumulated over the last four years.
Consider that just two pieces of legislation he signed account for nearly a third of the $5.2 trillion in deficits since 2009:
&#9726;The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, better known as the stimulus act, will cost $831 billion through 2019, according to the CBO. The administration estimates the stimulus at $800 billion through 2011.
&#9726;The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 extended the Bush tax cuts and cut the Social Security payroll tax for two years, as well as provided relief to some taxpayers who otherwise would have had to pay the alternative minimum tax. The 2010 tax act cost nearly $800 billion in 2011 and 2012.
The administration does not take responsibility for all of the spending in the 2010 tax act (which we will detail later). But Treasury accepts that the administration is responsible for another $410 billion in additional tax cuts and spending through 2011.
That means at a minimum the Obama administration is responsible for $2 trillion, or 39 percent of the $5.17 trillion in deficits since fiscal year 2009.
Looking ahead, Obama has promised if reelected to allow the Bush-era income tax cuts to expire for upper-income taxpayers, raising the top two tax rates from 33 percent and 35 percent to 36 percent and 39.6 percent. But he would keep the tax rates at the Bush-era levels for everyone else. Obama’s plan would cost the federal government $3 trillion over 10 years compared with $3.7 trillion if he allowed all of the Bush tax cuts to remain in place.
Treasury on Deficits
When we asked the Obama campaign about the president’s comments on “60 Minutes,” we were referred to a Treasury analysis of federal revenues and outlays from 2002 to 2011. The Treasury analysis is an exercise in fixing blame for how the U.S. ended up with $6 trillion in deficits over the 10-year period instead of amassing $5.9 trillion in surpluses — as originally projected by the CBO in its report “The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2002-2011.”

CBO, January 2001: In the absence of significant legislative changes and assuming that the economy follows the path described in this report, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that the total surplus will reach $281 billion in 2001. Such surpluses are projected to rise in the future, approaching $889 billion in 2011 and accumulating to $5.6 trillion over the 2002-2011 period.
Oops.
CBO’s assumptions did not factor in two recessions (2001, 2008), two wars and a slew of legislative changes from the Bush tax cuts to the Obama stimulus.
The difference between the projected surpluses and the actual deficits is $11.9 trillion over that 10-year period. Treasury concluded that Bush policies were to blame for 59 percent and Obama’s policies 12 percent. The rest — 29 percent — were what CBO calls “economic and technical changes,” mostly having to do with changing economic forecasts because of the recessions.
Treasury’s analysis was done by reviewing 36 CBO reports issued over the last 12 years: the biannual Budget and Economic Outlook and the CBO’s annual analysis of the president’s budget.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99766 Oct 1, 2013
Bayless wrote:
The longer the Obama presidency continues, the more America's status as a superpower ebbs away.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/concoughlin...
Thank you, brother, for posting good information.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99767 Oct 1, 2013
Republican wrote:
RNN)– Veterans who came to Washington, DC, to visit the World War II Memorial found barricades surrounding the monument.
After the World War II veterans and those accompanying them moved the barricades, a bag piper lead the group, some of whom were pushed in wheelchairs, into the memorial, located on the National Mall.
Stars and Stripes reporter Leo Shane reported on his Twitter feed that no attempt will be made by National Park Police to stop the veterans. Shane noted that some members of Congress were accompanying the veterans.
Shane said that Rep. Steve King, R-IA, distracted the park police so others could move the barricades.
A park ranger with the National Park Service told the media they were seeking guidance on how to proceed.
"Obviously we have people who have come from all over the country to see this memorial. The park service did not want to barricade this memorial," the park ranger said. "It is unfortunate, we feel terrible for the people who came here with the Honor Flights."
She went on to say that the U.S. Park Service can't operate until Congress passes a budget.
Most of the memorials and landmarks in the nation's capital and along the National Mall are surrounded by barricades, closed to the public because of the government shutdown.
http://www.wsmv.com/story/23580018/wwii-vets-...
The veterans would probably do a better maintaining the site anyway.
Scum liberals shut down symbolic sites to draw attention to their lefty agenda.
There have been offers in the past to keep sites open with private donations, and the left libtards refused to take people up on their offers.
Democraps seize the opportunity for photo ops i.e. when they stopped the White House tours.
That's ok. Most of these lowlifes never served a day. They were "community organizers" while others served.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#99768 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
There have been offers in the past to keep sites open with private donations, and the left libtards refused to take people up on their offers.
Democraps seize the opportunity for photo ops i.e. when they stopped the White House tours.
That's ok. Most of these lowlifes never served a day. They were "community organizers" while others served.
Romney hid in a multi-million dollar palace in France during the Vietnam War...while protesting the anti-war protesters.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#99769 Oct 1, 2013
<quoted text>
By the way, why are you never at work?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 8 min Mechanic_45 1,621
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 12 min WarForOil 79,563
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 18 min Rock 61,558
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min We are Barney Fife 165,515
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 45 min WE OWN YELLOW MUTT 99,421
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 50 min Another Damn Liberal 65,071
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Truth is might 19,507
More from around the web