Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#99661 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Jon Stewart Rips Constitution - Hugging Republicans: They're Like 'An A*shole Causing A Head-On Collision:(VIDEO)."
YouTube:
("Jon Stewart Shreds GOP Over 'Obamacare':'Utter Insanity, It's A F*cking Law':(VIDEO)."
Click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3Q-OyhPDobYXX
Thanks Linda, Jon has a great and simple point, ObamaCare is F-N legal, and I just love him listening to him explain it.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#99662 Oct 1, 2013
"Dollar Weakens As U.S. Government Shuts Down."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/01/dollar-...

Location hidden

#99663 Oct 1, 2013
"Economists Say Shutdown Will Hurt, But Hard To Add It Up."

Click here:
http://www.npr.org/2013/10/01/227889703/econo...

Location hidden

#99664 Oct 1, 2013
"No End In Sight As Government Shutdown Begins."

Click here:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/10/0...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#99665 Oct 1, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey D., I just don't get the TV Marti thing. If no one in Cuba can see it, why do it? As always, I enjoy your posts. Don't always agree with them, but I sincerely see a person expressing an opinion and allowing others to express theirs. Yes, I realize your are a liberal, but you're hard not to like :) The weather here has been so nice, I am actually going to take a day off this week and go trout fishing. We have two rivers near here that are probably a couple of the nation's finest. I am going to start taking more advantage of them.
Have a great week D.
Good Morning Pete;
The reason this keeps getting passed is because of a small group of Cubans(many who consider themselves Cuban and not even Cuban-American) down in Florida, in a area called "Little Havana", mainly lead by Rep."R", Ileana Ros Lehtinen. She is a relic of the "Cold War".

Location hidden

#99666 Oct 1, 2013
"What's Changing, What's Not, In A Shutdown."

("Parks to close, much food inspection to subside, a panda to go unobserved, in a shutdown.")

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/whats-changing-whats-no...

Location hidden

#99667 Oct 1, 2013
"Conservative Republicans Are Mad As Hell At The Government (And What It Means For the Shutdown)."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99668 Oct 1, 2013
Since the gov is shut down won't that stop some tax payer money being wasted?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#99669 Oct 1, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Linda, Jon has a great and simple point, ObamaCare is F-N legal, and I just love him listening to him explain it.
Well the NDAA is legal also. Yes it is legal to lock you up without charges, trial, nothing, make you disappear, torture you and kill you.
All perfectly legal. Yes We Can.

Location hidden

#99670 Oct 1, 2013
SpySpy wrote:
Since the gov is shut down won't that stop some tax payer money being wasted?
It'll cost $2 BILLION DOLLARS to shut down the Gov't., and even though, I haven't read anything to confirm it, common sense tells me that it will take the same or more, to get it started again when all this is over, so what do you think?

There was some talk last night on CSPAN, which is where I was watching the Congress and Senate LIVE, that it was going to possibly cost more to shut down the Gov't., than it would to keep it open, but they were interrupted by the Floor proceedings and they didn't get a chance to explain that statement.

I do know this much, the damage it will do to this Country , in many different ways , will cost us enormously in the Long Run, and really hurt the majority of the Ordinary People, if not ALL of them! The longer it goes on, the worse the damage will be.

Location hidden

#99671 Oct 1, 2013
What I remember off-hand about the 1996 Shutdown, is that the prices at the Grocery Store went up because there was a shortage of some things...and after it was over, the prices never did come back down to where they were when it started.

Location hidden

#99672 Oct 1, 2013
"For House Republicans, Confrontation Is Safer Than Compromise."

Click here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/01/us-...

Location hidden

#99673 Oct 1, 2013
"Pentagon Chief Says Shutdown Hurts U.S. Credibility With Allies."

Click here:

http://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-chief-says-shu...
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#99674 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Pete, you don't really understand the concept of "Majority Rule" , do you...except, when that Majority is Teapublican? Then, you try to make it more than it really is!
The majority of the people in this country are ignorant, stupid, or lazy.

Good luck on letting them rule.
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#99675 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Oil Falls Below $102 On U.S. Shutdown Notice."
"The price of oil fell Tuesday after parts of the U.S. government were ordered to shut down because of a budget impasse in Washington.
So something good has come out of this shutdown.

Maybe we'll see the stock market drop as well. The only folks making any money on the ponzi scheme are the rich.

Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#99676 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
If One reads history, it will tell you that every time a Demonic, Evil Governing Body , or Dictator, has gained power in the World, it has been because they first kept the People as uninformed as possible...and second, the People didn't pay any attention until it was too late and it, or He (i.e. Hitler), had gotten such a "foothold' that it/he couldn't be stopped by the People.
It's totally irresponsible to elect ANYBODY to Public Office and think that is where One's responsibility ends. They have to be watched, regardless of who they are or what Party they belong to, to see what kind of job they are doing.
It's as necessary to protect our Democracy and Freedoms, as voting in the best Person that we can. We simply have to know try and keep up with what kind of a job our Public Servants are doing, FOR US...and in our Name.
To do otherwise means that, we get into the kind of mess that we're in right now...or worse, if that's possible! Once we're there, it takes a lot longer to "get out of it", than it does to get into it, by far.
Absolutely profound statement. I can't believe it came from your mind. I whole heartedly agree.

Applies to Obama like no one else ever elected.

Location hidden

#99677 Oct 1, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the people in this country are ignorant, stupid, or lazy.
Good luck on letting them rule.
And they are ALL Teapublicans! And you're right, they have no clue how to "rule" (interesting word to use, referring to Public Service) a Nation of People, so we DO NOT need them in any Public Office, not even as a Dog-Catcher, PERIOD!

And just for the record, NOBODY in our Government, Federal, State, or Local "rules" anybody, they "serve" the Public...and don't you forget it!
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#99678 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Dollar Weakens As U.S. Government Shuts Down."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/01/dollar-...
The dollar weakens every month that Barry Obama and Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke print $85 billion a month to buy our own securities. This is Barry's jobs program.

Location hidden

#99679 Oct 1, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
So something good has come out of this shutdown.
Maybe we'll see the stock market drop as well. The only folks making any money on the ponzi scheme are the rich.
Yeah??? You'll also see Everybody's Pension Fund and 401(K)s get wiped out , too!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#99680 Oct 1, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the NDAA is legal also. Yes it is legal to lock you up without charges, trial, nothing, make you disappear, torture you and kill you.
All perfectly legal. Yes We Can.
Well Hey, the A.C.L.U. has an issue with 166 detainees down in Guantanamo, about being arrested and never charged. As for others being arrested without being charged(under the NDAA) please let me know.
BTW, it cost you and I $800,000 a year for each of these detainees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 13 min Benign 63,822
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min American Lady 178,096
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 18 min YIM 75,482
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 18 min Jerry K 35,057
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 30 min WarForOil 83,066
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 31 min Republican Deep F... 100,944
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr Thomas 0 Caldwell 788
More from around the web