Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#99645 Oct 1, 2013
How will the gov shut down affect you and me?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#99646 Oct 1, 2013
SpySpy wrote:
<quoted text> Now what?
In this Economy, I don't know, Spy...I just don't know.

The last time the Republicans shut down the Country was during Clinton's Presidency and we had a "Booming" Economy...that was in 1996. So, in this Economy that is no where close to being fully recovered from Bush's Economic Collapse in 2007...I just don't know what's going to happen.
But, I'll bet on one thing that'll begin happening right away...aside from the 800,000 Federal Workers that lost their jobs last night...I'll bet the Stock Market starts falling like a rock!

Location hidden

#99647 Oct 1, 2013
"Pentagon Wants More Workers Exempt From Furloughs."

Click here:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/pent...

Location hidden

#99648 Oct 1, 2013
SpySpy wrote:
How will the gov shut down affect you and me?
It won't affect me at all, as far as I know. I'm not sure about my Kids and their jobs, but I don't think it will.

As for you, I don't know enough about your situation to even begin to guess. Sorry.

Location hidden

#99649 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
In this Economy, I don't know, Spy...I just don't know.
The last time the Republicans shut down the Country was during Clinton's Presidency and we had a "Booming" Economy...that was in 1996. So, in this Economy that is no where close to being fully recovered from Bush's Economic Collapse in 2007...I just don't know what's going to happen.
But, I'll bet on one thing that'll begin happening right away...aside from the 800,000 Federal Workers that lost their jobs last night...I'll bet the Stock Market starts falling like a rock!
I heard gas prices already dropped?

Location hidden

#99650 Oct 1, 2013
It will stop Food stamps, Free School Lunches, Pre-School for Poor Kids, the WIC program for Mothers and Children, any Federal Grants...and the list goes on, and on, and on...

ANYTHING that gets any part of it's funding from the Federal Gov't., that Money will STOP, within 2 weeks or sooner.
Our Food will not be inspected, that will stop because the Inspectors lost their jobs last night.
I've read so many things that will be affected or stopped that I can remember all of them. I've posted Links to most of the Articles on this Thread, all week-end, so you can go back and read them....or Google all the many, many Articles about what will be affected.
The Federal Gov't. funds, or helps fund, just about EVERYTHING in the American Peoples' Lives that they take for granted each and every day!

Location hidden

#99651 Oct 1, 2013
SpySpy wrote:
<quoted text> I heard gas prices already dropped?
I posted an article about that last night, that tells why it dropped. It's on this thread. Just go back about 3 or 4 pages and you should find it.

Location hidden

#99652 Oct 1, 2013
BTW, to my knowledge GAS hasn't dropped yet, but the price of Oil did in a couple of Foreign Countries. It didn't drop a lot, but it did drop around a dollar or so a barrel , I think. More in one Country than the other one.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#99653 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Rachel Maddow Blasts GOP Intransigence:'Elect Republicans And They Will Burn the Place Down:(VIDEO)."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/09/30/rachel-...
Rachel is spot on, as this new breed of Republicans are doing just that.

Location hidden

#99654 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
BTW, to my knowledge GAS hasn't dropped yet, but the price of Oil did in a couple of Foreign Countries. It didn't drop a lot, but it did drop around a dollar or so a barrel , I think. More in one Country than the other one.
http://fuelgaugereport.opisnet.com/TNmetro.as...
Question

Carthage, TN

#99655 Oct 1, 2013
The sky is falling. OH NO!!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#99657 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
It will stop Food stamps, Free School Lunches, Pre-School for Poor Kids, the WIC program for Mothers and Children, any Federal Grants...and the list goes on, and on, and on...
ANYTHING that gets any part of it's funding from the Federal Gov't., that Money will STOP, within 2 weeks or sooner.
Our Food will not be inspected, that will stop because the Inspectors lost their jobs last night.
I've read so many things that will be affected or stopped that I can remember all of them. I've posted Links to most of the Articles on this Thread, all week-end, so you can go back and read them....or Google all the many, many Articles about what will be affected.
The Federal Gov't. funds, or helps fund, just about EVERYTHING in the American Peoples' Lives that they take for granted each and every day!
Well Linda, I understand many kids in my poor Sequatchie County depend on free lunch and food stamps, through no fault of theirs, except they were born that way, so they will go hungry.
All because a group of "TeaBaggers" keep trying to stop ObamaCare which is legal in all 50 States, over 40 some times......they are not going to stop it. It's a done deal, signed, sealed and delivered as of today.
These "TeaBaggers" are hell bent on Mutiny and sinking this ship, but it's not going to happen, they will be rounded up and voted out.

Location hidden

#99658 Oct 1, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Rachel is spot on, as this new breed of Republicans are doing just that.
Yes she is ...and she has the proof in the video. If you didn't watch the video, Dunlapian, I recommend that you do.

Location hidden

#99659 Oct 1, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well Linda, I understand many kids in my poor Sequatchie County depend on free lunch and food stamps, through no fault of theirs, except they were born that way, so they will go hungry.
All because a group of "TeaBaggers" keep trying to stop ObamaCare which is legal in all 50 States, over 40 some times......they are not going to stop it. It's a done deal, signed, sealed and delivered as of today.
These "TeaBaggers" are hell bent on Mutiny and sinking this ship, but it's not going to happen, they will be rounded up and voted out.
You don't how badly I hope you're right. If they are not, this Country is doomed, because they won't stop until they completely destroy it.
They are totally Insane!

Location hidden

#99660 Oct 1, 2013
SpySpy wrote:
I don't think that's because of the Nation shutting down, things just don't happen that quickly at the Pumps. I think it's because gas always drops this time of year, after the last Summer Holiday (Labor Day) and the end of vacation season.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#99661 Oct 1, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Jon Stewart Rips Constitution - Hugging Republicans: They're Like 'An A*shole Causing A Head-On Collision:(VIDEO)."
YouTube:
("Jon Stewart Shreds GOP Over 'Obamacare':'Utter Insanity, It's A F*cking Law':(VIDEO)."
Click here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3Q-OyhPDobYXX
Thanks Linda, Jon has a great and simple point, ObamaCare is F-N legal, and I just love him listening to him explain it.

Location hidden

#99662 Oct 1, 2013
"Dollar Weakens As U.S. Government Shuts Down."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/01/dollar-...

Location hidden

#99663 Oct 1, 2013
"Economists Say Shutdown Will Hurt, But Hard To Add It Up."

Click here:
http://www.npr.org/2013/10/01/227889703/econo...

Location hidden

#99664 Oct 1, 2013
"No End In Sight As Government Shutdown Begins."

Click here:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/10/0...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#99665 Oct 1, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey D., I just don't get the TV Marti thing. If no one in Cuba can see it, why do it? As always, I enjoy your posts. Don't always agree with them, but I sincerely see a person expressing an opinion and allowing others to express theirs. Yes, I realize your are a liberal, but you're hard not to like :) The weather here has been so nice, I am actually going to take a day off this week and go trout fishing. We have two rivers near here that are probably a couple of the nation's finest. I am going to start taking more advantage of them.
Have a great week D.
Good Morning Pete;
The reason this keeps getting passed is because of a small group of Cubans(many who consider themselves Cuban and not even Cuban-American) down in Florida, in a area called "Little Havana", mainly lead by Rep."R", Ileana Ros Lehtinen. She is a relic of the "Cold War".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 2 min Pete 959
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Limbertwig 165,155
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 35 min Not Landrieu 4,369
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 39 min Yesit is me 64,571
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 43 min 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 52 min RepugliKKKans 99,205
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr silverfox 58,559
More from around the web