Going Rogue

United States

#96580 Sep 10, 2013
As Presideent Obama gets ready to address the nation on Syria, a Fox News poll finds the majority of voters believes the Syrian government used chemical weapons on its citizens, but says the U.S. should stay our of the war. I am one of those citizens that believe we should stay the hell out!
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#96581 Sep 10, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
This Story is bogus. Play the 911 tape and you will know it's Bogus. USA Today is not know for it's truthfulness, anyway!
The 911 Call Link is on the Addicting Info Page...all you have to do is click on it, to hear it!
Zimmerman DID hit his Wife's Father in the nose badly enough that an ambulance was called...and he kept telling his Wife and her Father to come closer so he could shoot them.
If the Authorities let him go after he assaulted her Father, they are covering up for him and his crimes! That is an Assault, PERIOD!
What the He*l is wrong with the Authorities in Florida? If you want to get away with a violent Crime against another Person, GO DO IT IN FLORIDA...you'll get by with it, unless you're a Woman or a Black. Then, they will hang your Azz over a Parking Ticket!
That State is a National disgrace, just like Texas, maybe even worse Now!
This just in:

"LAKE MARY, Fla - Lake Mary Police are now questioning the validity of several statements Shellie Zimmerman made when she told 911 dispatchers her estranged husband, George Zimmerman, threatened her and her father at gunpoint Monday afternoon."

But what about the tape?

"We did not find a gun, did not locate a weapon," said Zach Hudson, public information officer with the Lake Mary Police Department. "Nobody ever saw a gun. A gun is not part of this story."

But the tape says "he's got his hand on his gun".

The new story is "she never saw a gun and only assumed her estranged husband was carrying a weapon because he touched his stomach."

Hey everyone carries their concealed weapon in their stomach.

In the 911 call, Shellie asked the dispatcher to send paramedics because her father's nose looked like it was broken.

But, according to authorities, Shellie's father did not have any visible injuries.

But wait! There's more!

Shellie told dispatchers that officers arrived and had their guns drawn. She said George was sitting in his car. Fearing George would start shooting, she told the dispatcher her and her father were going inside.

The raving lunatic who got away with murdering that poor defenseless black kid might start shooting at the cops!!!

BUT! According to police, George was not in his car when they arrived but was standing in the yard. They say he was also very cooperative and allowed police to search his person.

Sounds like Shellie's not quite happy with her divorce settlement, and the media is drooling over George getting his.

What if George is actually the nice guy all his neighbors said he was?

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#96582 Sep 10, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when does the president have the authority to modify LAW passed by Congress?
Answer: NEVER - under the Constitution that is. However, we are in a post-Constitutional America.
Um, Bush's unprecedented use of signing statements ring a bell?

Would you like to use the predictable "Bush isn't president anymore" to try to avoid addressing your own hypocrisy?

Location hidden

#96583 Sep 10, 2013
Going Rogue wrote:
As Presideent Obama gets ready to address the nation on Syria, a Fox News poll finds the majority of voters believes the Syrian government used chemical weapons on its citizens, but says the U.S. should stay our of the war. I am one of those citizens that believe we should stay the hell out!
Would you consider "chemical weapons" to be "WMDs?"
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#96584 Sep 10, 2013
Coal for Republicans wrote:
Oh, I almost forgot; Haslam has brought a ton of low paying and part-time jobs to the state.
How many of you can make it off $9 / hour jobs? When the Chinese don't want the jobs you know they pay too little!
I will bet you that Haslam got paid more in the 1970's than these low paying jobs pay now. I just wonder how low will the jobs go.
65% of the jobs Obama claims to have created this year are part time. Very few part-time jobs pay more than $9/hour.

Why are you not including him in your rant?

Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#96585 Sep 10, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Bush's unprecedented use of signing statements ring a bell?
Would you like to use the predictable "Bush isn't president anymore" to try to avoid addressing your own hypocrisy?
Booooshhhhh......(again)
LOL - Bill Clinton issued more signing statements than any president in history, and Obama has issued them as well....but, I'm confident that you wish to avoid addressing your own hypocrisy.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#96586 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Would you consider "chemical weapons" to be "WMDs?"
They definitely are WMD's. Many of them Syria has today were trucked there from Saddam Hussein.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#96587 Sep 10, 2013
This is an excellent piece of statesmanship from Putin - and an education for the Community Organizer in Chief.

This whole Syria mess has been one weenie measuring contest from the beginning. Mr. girl bike mommy pants vs. a guy who probably eats live tiger cubs.

So... I don't see a real down side to taking over Syria's chemical weapons. IF the international community can swoop in and remove them to a secure location...then ONE big threat in the Syria conflict has been removed.

At that point it is IN our interest for Syria to have a long draining conflict. Iran will be spending men and treasure, Al-queda etc... will be burning through men and money....
Let em fight. Most wars are won when countries grow weary of fighting, or run out of men/treasure.

Either way, let them mire down in their own Vietnam to keep them busy and out of our hair.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/world/middl...

Since: Feb 13

Guild

#96588 Sep 10, 2013
Founder's Quote of the Day:

"The law of nature and the law of revelation are both Divine: they flow, though in different channels, from the same adorable source. It is indeed preposterous to separate them from each other."

--James Wilson, Law of Nature, 1804

James Wilson was one of the Founding Fathers of the United States and a signer of the United States Declaration of Independence. Wilson was elected twice to the Continental Congress, and was a major force in drafting the United States Constitution.
TN Voter

Richland, WA

#96589 Sep 10, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
65% of the jobs Obama claims to have created this year are part time. Very few part-time jobs pay more than $9/hour.
Why are you not including him in your rant?
Haslam and Obama are the same... Both are terrible
Going Rogue

United States

#96590 Sep 10, 2013
In case you missed it the first time - A teacher goes around her class asking each of the kids what do they need at home? Joey says "A computer." The teacher replies "That would be very useful". Kimmy says "A new lawn mower." and gets a similar response. Little Johnny pops up and says "At my house we don't need nothing!" The teacher asks him to think again carefully, as everybody needs something. Little Johnny replies, "No I'm sure. When Obama was re-elected, I remember my day saying, "Well, that's the last f***king thing we needed. Hah, could not have said it better myself.

Location hidden

#96591 Sep 10, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's still to early to say "I told you so", but try to get some good rest, because if I'M wrong I'll be in terrible shape.
I still say President Obama has a great poker face;
"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.
Good Afternoon, Spy. I'll bet Obama is one heck of a Chess Player, too!:)

Location hidden

#96592 Sep 10, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
They definitely are WMD's. Many of them Syria has today were trucked there from Saddam Hussein.
What is the shelf life of these WMDs? The ones the UN inspectors found in Iraq were from the early 90s and deemed so degraded as to be ineffective.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

#96593 Sep 10, 2013
<quoted text>
What is the shelf life of these WMDs? The ones the UN inspectors found in Iraq were from the early 90s and deemed so degraded as to be ineffective.
You can continue to spew the liberal nonsense that there were no WMD's in Iraq - AND - that if there were, they were old and inert. However, reality is quite different from liberal propaganda.

In 2006, former Iraqi general Georges Sada, second in command of the Iraqi Air Force who served under Saddam Hussein before he defected, wrote a comprehensive book, "Saddam's Secrets."

It details how the Iraqi Revolutionary Guard moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria in advance of the U.S.-led action to eliminate Hussein's WMD threat.

As Sada told the New York Sun, two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, and special Republican Guard units loaded the planes with chemical weapons materials.

There were 56 flights disguised as a relief effort after a 2002 Syrian dam collapse.

There were also truck convoys into Syria. Sada's comments came more than a month after Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom, Moshe Yaalon, told the Sun that Saddam "transferred the chemical agents from Iraq to Syria."

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/09/02/flashback-...

Further info, including a picture:

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/09/02/flashback-...

Location hidden

#96594 Sep 10, 2013
Why Cookeville wrote:
Why is it that Republicans keep winning in Cookeville and Crossville and other small communities when all the Republicans are doing is bringing in low paying factory jobs. We are being turned into share croppers working for enough money to pay for a days pay while the top executives live high on the hog.
Look at even the better paying factory jobs:
Scott Shanks sold the family business for tens of millions of dollars. What was the factor worth without employees? Yet employees are paid about $9 hr. tops. Are you kidding me?
Everyone better wake up and realize that the people who you are making rich and busting your hump for could not give a crap if you and your family are on the street!
Want to know who they are? Look at the members of Rotary. Think I am making it up? Why do you have to be voted in? Why is it that the Morning Breakfast Rortary is all the big money people and the noon day is the younger one that are being groomed. Look and see who has been the past presidents and executives and where they are now despite how there are. Then look at the breakfast club and you will find all the people that are making all the choices to keep good paying jobs out of the area so you and your spouse will keep working for them at the lowest wages.
Then they tell you you live in a great place look at the low property taxes... Really? What good is that if you can't afford a house? Funny how sales taxes which affect the poor are higher than Knoxville or Nashville where the jobs pay so much more.
Someone mentioned Jeff Brown; that is the main one that needs to be put out on his butt. Wonder who groomed him? Go figure .. the Rotary. He can't manage his own finances but helps to steal tax payer money with the help of his rich friends. Wonder what they are getting out of the deal? I will bet it starts and ends with money. Maybe privatizing what was started with tax payer grants and now being handed over to Jeff Brown and a few of his friends on the Biz Foundry board. Just look at their sponsors and that will tell you who they are. I was shown this last week and could not believe what I was seeing. This is theft!!! They might get a big surprise who is investigating this. It ain't there Republican buddies. Can you say ethics inquiry? Guess they thought if they moved it to Cookville out of sight out of mind. Opps!
It's not just in your area, it's all over the State of TN. in the Rural and Small Town areas.
My County has a little over 16,000 people and the County Seat, which is where I live, has about 3,500 Residents and our Sales Tax Rate, for the entire County, is 9.75% and has been since the early 1990's, the maximum for the State of TN., unless the State has raised it recently, unbeknownst to me.
And guess what? we're still on the verge of County Bankruptcy because we have very few jobs and ALL of them are Minimum Wage jobs or slightly above. No jobs that pay a Livable wage, equals No money to spend, equals No businesses to spend it at, equals No Tax Revenue for the County, equals County Bankruptcy! Property Owners CANNOT shoulder the entire Tax Load!
TN. is catering to the Wealthy, and they are some in this State in and around the larger Cities, while the majority of the People are Poor or, at best, Middle-Class, and they are being totally ignored by the Governor and State Legislators.
When they wipe us all out and force us to move out of this State, THEN they'll probably start doing something for TN., as a whole, because it will be to their Wealthy Cronies' advantage.
It's almost like the TEApublicans running this State have embarked on a plan of "Selective Citizenship" of who they want living in TN. and who they want to force to leave, and they are doing it by economic means.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#96596 Sep 10, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Afternoon, Spy. I'll bet Obama is one heck of a Chess Player, too!:)
Back at ya Linda, I hope you got some good rest.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

#96597 Sep 10, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> We should be about the business of business right ?
Who needs clean water ? Let them dump anything they want in our groundwater and rivers until they can catch fire like some did in the 60's...who cares ?
Who needs clean air ? We don't need no pesky regulations....business should be able to dump anything into the air, anytime they want, no matter if it makes folks sick. It will not cost business a cent if they don't provide health insurance so....Who cares ?
Who needs workplace safety regs ? I mean there are always others waiting for jobs and if a few get killed at dangerous jobs...well, that's part of the business of business right ?
Let's get our workplace and our businesses on par with those in Mexico and Communist China. That will fix everything !
Where did I say do away with ALL regulations?
When companies have "regulatory" departments just to keep up with all the NEW regulations taking effect every month, many of which are redundant, it becomes a nightmare.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#96598 Sep 10, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't access your Link. Don't ask me why because I don't know why I can't.
But, why don't you just watch the "Charlie Rose Show" , tonight, on PBS and see for yourself what Assad as to say. Then, you won't have to take somebody else's word for it.
But, it would be a good chance to see how reliable the Website is, that you put up. Compare it to Assad's own words and see if they, and the Website Info match....if you aren't afraid of what you'll find out about the truthfulness of your Website?
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/09/lets-star...
Try this one Princess
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#96599 Sep 10, 2013
Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
No Obama didn't 'declare' war - and Congress didn't either. In fact, Obama didn't even seek Congressional approval for committing military forces - which is unconstitutional. But hey, he calls himself a democrat - so, you know - well - you gotta support him.
So while President Obama was "helping to bomb Libya"(Muammar Gaddafi,linked to the downing of Pan Am 103 and the 1986 Berlin discotheque bombing) how much American blood was lost?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#96600 Sep 10, 2013
Well this one is not coming on either.
ButI'm having to fix the mss Toix leaves again.
It seems there is trouble with sites I try to put up when this happens.
Google Activist Post lets start a war alternative view
It comes up this way but it says it doesn't exist the other way. Well it does exist cause I just found it.
??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Demonicrats 165,134
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min Arthur T 64,560
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 14 min Yellow Dawg Democrat 99,198
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 19 min silverfox 58,559
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 1 hr Donnie 79,286
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 1 hr WTSenior 939
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 2 hr Stupid Democrats 4,368