Good grief OT, I have owned part of a large business since I was six years old. That is the family business, and yes, I am the recipient of 5% of the shares of this business. My business, i.e. the one I own all the shares of, has been in existence since June, 2008. This one has nothing to do with the other one. However, the post you refer to was misleading in that I mislead "Lite-N-Lively" about how long I have known how FICA works. I implied I have known how this works for 40 years. I have only know how long FICA works for about 20 years. I also stated in this same post that "MY" business is highly successful. "My" business is, the family business is now a fraction of what it was. I apologize for the implication regarding how long I have known how FICA works. You are correct in implying that this was a misleading statement.<quoted text>
Now you indicate that a 30% deduction still leaves 70% costs, as if 30% ain't much....Somehow, I believe if you gave a 30% match on employee 401Ks you would think that EXTREMELY generous.
Your Medicare example is flawed as well. Your cost share fails to take into account the Medicare premiums deducted each month from recipient's Social Security checks.
If you think after half a lifetime in business I haven't had any employee who decided on their own to make themselves a "partner" in my funds, or any who failed to show up consistently and on time, or who failed to learn that the customer is always right,(even when they are wrong) you are at best WRONG and at worse a fool. I have been worked on by experts....and I have gotten pretty good at spotting a ringer when I see one. I learned some of what I know the hard way and I mean the HARD way.
On the IRS versus private insurance, over the years I have had dealings with both. One follows a set of fixed rules....some of which I haven't liked but they are the rules...the other has a vested interest in denying claims, no matter that the premium was timely paid. I have dealt with Medicare as my parents aged and I have dealt with my private for profit carrier. Once you have done both, you will see why Medicare is so popular with seniors.
I read your back and forth with "Dunlapian" on communications equipment and I am quite sure you know your stuff in that regard. I know nothing about that and you may have noticed....because of that I had no comment. I accept that you know much more in that regard than I. Your business experience is however a moving target, and I quote post 65531 on page 2972. "I have owned a large business in this area for over 40 years". Again...post that it is raining and I would have to step outside to check.
However, I am surprised you even mention this post in that this was my response to "Lite-N-Lively", aka SSS. You have chastised conservative posters many times for using different user names - allegedly. This post was proof positive that SSS uses different user names frequently, yet you say nothing about this. In the same day as the post you refer to, SSS used two different users names. But in the world of OT, that's ok because SSS is liberal.
I know your true colors OT. You are liberal first and foremost. You chastise Walmart for not paying for employees healthcare, yet you don't pay your employees' healthcare. In other words, it is of your opinion large businesses should front the social bill for small ones. I am not going to argue your flawed opinions on medicare or any other social cost any longer because you are simply liberal to the core no matter if it makes sense or not.
You once stated that you simply "get by" regarding the success of our business. Maybe if you were a better leader or less of an ideologist you could change that statement to one something like "I am very successful." In my opinion, if you are a business, you are either growing or dying. Which one is yours?