Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 4,022)

Showing posts 80,421 - 80,440 of123,540
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

how
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="<3"] We also cannot base teacher pay on the way students perform.[/QUOTE]

Less than 3. Does that make you a 2, a 1, or a ZERO?

So what’s your suggestion? How do we distinguish between great teachers and those who fail? Are you suggesting that poor teachers should be rewarded the same as those who excel?

It’s intellectual cowardice to throw out a statement such as yours without offering an alternative.

[QUOTE who="<3"] Maybe we should base governor & senator pay on the state of the state---base it on percentages of people on unemployment & welfare and the time it takes them to find a job. Why not? It is the same thing as asking teachers to get paid on performance.[/QUOTE]

Too bad our federal government salaries aren’t based on your suggestion. Obama would owe us money.

However, your premise on jobs is faulty. Government cannot create private sector jobs – only businesses can. One school of thinking is to have Government spend money on “projects”. Unfortunately, the jobs created by these short term projects tend to also be short term.

The only way Government can create private sector jobs is to provide an environment that encourages business to take their saved up cash and invest it in an expansionary way.

One thing government CAN do is kill jobs. It does this by providing an environment that discourages business from taking their saved up cash and investing it in expansionary ways. The biggest job killer is taxation. Raising taxes not only removes cash from the business, it discourages the business from expanding. Why go through the pain of expanding if the government is just going to take more?

The next biggest job killer is over regulation. If you make it difficult to do business in general, why would you think that making it more expensive and difficult would encourage business to invest?

And that in a nutshell explains why we have an economy that is stalled on the freeway, while Wall Street is streaking past, making money hand over foot.

However, I digress. How would you suggest we base teachers pay?

lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

To prove a point,this is a post by nasty Camden skank. "Well, I guess I now know who you really are ...and you are really and truly Bi-Polar...and you've never even had a job since a short period in your 20's! Business Owner, my Azz!" or theres her racist post ""I figured you WAS a Woman"??? And I'll bet you graduated at the Top of your Class, didn't you...from Elementary School! Had a job , waiting for you...down on the street corner...in the Ghetto" or there is more "And the Ass-kissing and the boot-licking never stops. "Pete" must have money and you Idiots have made him think he's "special" because of it.
He can't be too intelligent or he would see right through that, and you Two, and know exactly what you're doing and why you're doing it!" an yet this is just the Camden skanks post
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
And Pete, there is no way on Earth that any Country can have what you want because most of it is directly contradictory to something else that you want! IOW, you can have one , but you can't have both...and that's what I think you Conservatives do NOT understand, but we Dems, do! The best that you can have is a balance, without too much of any one thing! And right now, we definitely have a serious IMbalance and we're all suffering because of it, as well as the Country, itself!
That is why I specifically called it an "ideal" situation. You must have missed that part. Some of the "ideal" things I listed in my "ideal" situation are an individual's responsibility, not the government's in my opinion. The "ideal" situation I described comes mostly from individuals, less from the government. This is where we differ.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Less than 3. Does that make you a 2, a 1, or a ZERO?
So what’s your suggestion? How do we distinguish between great teachers and those who fail? Are you suggesting that poor teachers should be rewarded the same as those who excel?
It’s intellectual cowardice to throw out a statement such as yours without offering an alternative.
<quoted text>
Too bad our federal government salaries aren’t based on your suggestion. Obama would owe us money.
However, your premise on jobs is faulty. Government cannot create private sector jobs – only businesses can. One school of thinking is to have Government spend money on “projects”. Unfortunately, the jobs created by these short term projects tend to also be short term.
The only way Government can create private sector jobs is to provide an environment that encourages business to take their saved up cash and invest it in an expansionary way.
One thing government CAN do is kill jobs. It does this by providing an environment that discourages business from taking their saved up cash and investing it in expansionary ways. The biggest job killer is taxation. Raising taxes not only removes cash from the business, it discourages the business from expanding. Why go through the pain of expanding if the government is just going to take more?
The next biggest job killer is over regulation. If you make it difficult to do business in general, why would you think that making it more expensive and difficult would encourage business to invest?
And that in a nutshell explains why we have an economy that is stalled on the freeway, while Wall Street is streaking past, making money hand over foot.
However, I digress. How would you suggest we base teachers pay?
Excellent, Tim, but it's way above the heads of most of the Obama zombies.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Pete, if you subscribe to the Washington Post or the New York Times Printed Edition, it takes 3 or 4 days to get here by mail...and by then, it's Old News. So, Online is a far better option! And it was in one of those Online Newspapers that I read the information, if memory serves. In fact, I think I posted it, but as usual, I'm quite sure none of the Conservatives read it. They avoid "information" at all costs, it seems like...but they dearly Love Propaganda!
That is why I said relying on the internet to increase your intelligence is "not always" a good thing. You must have missed that part too.

Actual experience is a much better way to learn than reading about something. I realize not everyone has the opportunity to experience things they are interested in. However, regarding business matters, I post what I have personally seen, not what I have read. To me, this is more credible. The ACA is going to cost every business above 50 employees 20%-35% more in operating costs except for the ones that choose to drop health benefits they currently provide and simply pay the fine. In that situation, they can lower their costs slightly. I did not read any of this. I have the actual healthcare insurance quotes.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent, Tim, but it's way above the heads of most of the Obama zombies.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood by her hands, if they are holding a gun she is probably angry.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>Well it is true,you come to the rescue of your man. I wasn't talking to you or did you say anything about his comments. He is the one who started taking about gays and you still never say anything to liberal posters, how typical, yet whine constantly about conservatives.
I don't recall any liberals accusing conservatives of "fisting."
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
no cause they cant make fun of what they like. keep on fishing hypocrite
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well, OA, the loon from Camden has accused just about everyone on this forum of being gay, a liar, a Mexican and numerous other vile expletives. You need to stop whining and grow up. Are you still addicted to smoking and drinking?
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Question – What is the difference between a liberal and a puppy?
Answer -A puppy stops whining after it grows up.

Question – What is the only thing worse than an incompetent liberal President?
Answer -A competent liberal President.

Question – Who was the first liberal Democrat?
Answer -Christopher Columbus. He left not knowing where he was going,got there not knowing where he was,left there not knowing where he’d been and did it all on borrowed money.

Q: How many liberals does it take to change a light Bulb?
A: At least ten, as they will need to have a discussion about whether or not the light bulb exists. Even if they can agree upon the existence of the light bulb they still may not change it to keep from alienating those who might use other forms of light.

Q:How many liberals does it take to change a light bulb?
A:None. Liberals wouldn’t actually change the light bulb, but they would show compassion for it by talking a lot about how terrible it is in the dark and more funding is needed to improve dim, 60 watt bulbs up to bright and productive 100 watt bulbs.

Q: How many liberals does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Let George Bush fix it! It’s his fault it’s dark anyway!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
<quoted text>no cause they cant make fun of what they like. keep on fishing hypocrite
Weak dodge, even for you. You can throw 20 tantrums a day about it, but the fact remains -- no one is as vile on this thread as you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Well, OA, the loon from Camden has accused just about everyone on this forum of being gay, a liar, a Mexican and numerous other vile expletives. You need to stop whining and grow up. Are you still addicted to smoking and drinking?
How telling that you consider "gay" and "Mexican" to be "vile expletives."

Pete is the only conservative here that has not forsaken in his inherent sense of morality for political ideology. The rest have no claim whatsoever to any moral high ground.

Side note -- Pete's expression of this morality has led some conservatives to attack him and label him a liberal for such "weakness."
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Weak dodge, even for you. You can throw 20 tantrums a day about it, but the fact remains -- no one is as vile on this thread as you.
Well, OA, you appear to be dodging my question. Are you still addicted to smoking and drinking?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Well, OA, the loon from Camden has accused just about everyone on this forum of being gay, a liar, a Mexican and numerous other vile expletives. You need to stop whining and grow up. Are you still addicted to smoking and drinking?
No more than you're addicted to me.
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="<3"]We also cannot base teacher pay on the way students perform..[/QUOTE]

Perhaps we should try applying this policy to other jobs. For instance,

Brain surgeons should not be paid based on how many patients make it or not.

“Dr. I need brain surgery, and your success rate isn’t important to me.”

Engineers should not be paid based on how well their projects work out.

“We need a bridge built, and the fact that 80% of your bridges have collapsed isn’t important to us.”

Carpenters should not be paid based on whether or not the structures they build fall down or not.

Dancers should not be paid on whether they dance well or not.

Singers should not be paid based on how well they sing.

Coaches should not be paid based on how many games their teams win.

Restaurants owners should not be paid based on whether their food is good or not.

Mathematicians should not be paid based on whether they get the correct answers or not.

And the list goes on……
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well, OA, that's industrial strength dodging. It's a simple question, are you still addicted to smoking and drinking? That's a yes or no question.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Weak dodge, even for you. You can throw 20 tantrums a day about it, but the fact remains" that you didn't answer the question.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
How telling that you consider "gay" and "Mexican" to be "vile expletives."
Pete is the only conservative here that has not forsaken in his inherent sense of morality for political ideology. The rest have no claim whatsoever to any moral high ground.
Side note -- Pete's expression of this morality has led some conservatives to attack him and label him a liberal for such "weakness."
Are you confused about my opinion of gays, OA? I've posted it about 2 dozen times. Pete is much smarter than you (a Vandy lad) and he needs no protection.
Joe the plumber

Morrison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Judged:

If I may. If an employer was providing health insurance and decides to stop, wouldn't the premium money be divided amongst the insured? Otherwise the employee is taking a reduction in wages and would open contract negotiations for wages. So what is to gain by cancelling insurance that the owner is probably insured under also?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,421 - 80,440 of123,540
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••