Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#86540 Jul 2, 2013
This Story and this Man, Snowden, fascinate me because I, too, get the feeling that there's still a lot we, the American People, don't know. Right now, there's not much of it, or his actions, that makes any sense to me. Therefore, I agree with the Title of this Link.
----------
"Why The Story On Snowden And The NSA Doesn't Add Up."

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/07...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#86541 Jul 2, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I am proud of you, OA. You are in the near 2% of wage earners in a county with a per capita income of about 15K. I bet you do live in a gated community. Even OT said that he once belonged to a club and I bet you do too. Be honest now.
I belonged to a private club ? I believe I posted tha while I could belong to one, I would feel as out of place as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, which prompted you to ask if I was like Will Rogers and wouldn't belong to any club that would accept me as a member !

Location hidden

#86542 Jul 2, 2013
Wow! This will certainly make you stop and think. You can almost "feel" the honesty and emotion in this Guy's words.
----------
"5 things Running Through The Minds Of Whistleblowers Like Edward Snowden."

("A State Department Whistleblower describes the thought process behind Snowden's decision.")

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/07/e...

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#86543 Jul 2, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I belonged to a private club ? I believe I posted tha while I could belong to one, I would feel as out of place as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, which prompted you to ask if I was like Will Rogers and wouldn't belong to any club that would accept me as a member !
Vet (whose son is very wealthy) finds it much easier to win at chess when he allows himself to move his opponent's pieces for him. Most would consider this cheating, but vet (whose son is very wealthy) just considers it acceptable strategy.

Vet (whose son is very wealthy) seems quite enamored with my income. Makes me wonder if he's afraid his son is going to cut him off and, with the recent SCOTUS ruling, is looking for other avenues to be "kept."
Het

Cookeville, TN

#86544 Jul 2, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
This Guy acts like he actually thinks that he should be able to tell the whole World the U.S.'s Top Secret Information and then, just be allowed to walk away to another Country, and that'll be the end of it! Is he CRAZY???
----------
"Edward Snowden's Statement Released Through WikiLeaks -- Full Text."
("The NSA Whistleblower, currently in Moscow, has released a statement through the freedom of information group WikiLeaks.")
Click here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/01/e...
Sure. Let's just hide all this unconstitutional crap. Yes we have to fight Al Qaeda and keep us safe. Now they will know. Really? Know what? That we are giving them supplies and aid in Syria as we did in Libya. Really?
What a crock of shit.
Everything that made this country great is being trashed for the benefit of the Big Boys. It looks to me that Al Qaeda is helping them get the goodies and we help them get it for us. We been playing this game for quite some time now.

The Constitution is DEAD.
I want to know why we are aiding Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya.
We have lost our freedoms that this land was based on because Al Qaeda hates our freedoms? That's what they told us,It must be true. REALY? Then why are we helping them.
The Big Boys hate our freedoms cause they want to own it all and control it all.
And, as George Carlin said "You ain't in the CLUB baby?
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#86545 Jul 2, 2013
Hey it's me not Het. Al Qaeda made me do it.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#86546 Jul 2, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, OT. Que pasa? Well, I engage the hardcore, the "true believers". "To the barricades, workers of the world, unite," you recognize those terms, right? I believe in responding in kind, I see you have intensified your attacks as well. That's great. Ready on the left, ready on the right, ready on the firing line, safeties off, commence firing. How's the fishing up there?
Not much ! Just trying to work and to make some hay in fields more suited to growing rice. June was the wettest one on record and July is beginning with no change from the pattern.
If I wanted to intensify my attacks I would take a page from your playbook and constantly and consistently post the famous words from "Willard" each time your screen name appeared ! I would use those words to show that you are not only a "true believer" but a major contributor to the cause ! I COULD do that but that really doesn't interest me, I would rather discuss issues when possible, since that is what does.
I haven't been fishing since the suckers were up in the creeks, but the rivers have been muddy and at bankfull almost constantly since then....and that doesn't make for good fishing conditions anyway.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#86547 Jul 2, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo must be living with SSS or taking lessons from here. I just said that the supreme court ruled in favor of abortion and for some 60 years this has been the standard. What about the babies rights. Oh, it is not a human yet at 24 weeks, you can tell what sex it will be, and by scientific findings it can feel pain at 20 weeks. Imagine pulling an arm or leg off while the fetus (baby for those conservatives)screams in pain. But we never hear it. By example, imagine you are injured, cannot talk,move in any way. You can hear. Now because someone does not like you, they start pulling your arms off. You scream out to them that you are alive but no one hears you. Would not that be terrible. Well that is what a 24 baby goes through every time you kill one. Baby Killer.
YOur right, there is no need to debate you. YOu are self centered and believe like every other liberal that the laws of the land are corrupt and should be rewritten according to your values. Fr...ing Liberal.
Being a male, I don't have a right to an abortion. My personal opinion is one based on my religious beliefs, which are MY religious beliefs and which I have no right to force on anyone by color of law. I am consistent though....I have a religious objection to capital punishment as well as abortion.....and I feel comfortable with that position, since unlike people of your ilk I have no objection to helping to feed, clothe, educate, house and provide healthcare for those kids with my charitable and my tax dollars.
Lets examine the pain issue with 24 week old babies. Any male over the age of 20 who was circumcised as a baby (this is done AFTER birth not at 24 weeks) had that procedure done on a most sensitive part of their body without anesthetic (many circumcisions are still done without anesthetic). The memory of the pain and trauma from that procedure assures that those males never touch that part of their bodies again.....right ? Chuckles !

Location hidden

#86548 Jul 2, 2013
Het wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Let's just hide all this unconstitutional crap. Yes we have to fight Al Qaeda and keep us safe. Now they will know. Really? Know what? That we are giving them supplies and aid in Syria as we did in Libya. Really?
What a crock of shit.
Everything that made this country great is being trashed for the benefit of the Big Boys. It looks to me that Al Qaeda is helping them get the goodies and we help them get it for us. We been playing this game for quite some time now.
The Constitution is DEAD.
I want to know why we are aiding Al Qaeda in Syria and Libya.
We have lost our freedoms that this land was based on because Al Qaeda hates our freedoms? That's what they told us,It must be true. REALY? Then why are we helping them.
The Big Boys hate our freedoms cause they want to own it all and control it all.
And, as George Carlin said "You ain't in the CLUB baby?
Are you sitting down? Because if you're not, maybe you should before I post what I am about to say...for the most part, I AGREE
WITH YOU!
One thing that I have seen and read that made sense to me , about helping the Syrian Rebels, is that if the Syrian Civil War Continues, it will flow over into Jordan and cause it to blow sky-high, too....and then, it will keep going, like a domino-effect, until the entire Middle East turns into one BIG WAR!
The Syrian Rebels have "promised" (Big Smile) that they will not allow themselves to be infiltrated by Al Qaeda, nor will any of the weapons we give them get into Al Qaeda hands (another Big Smile).
Hey, I try not to make the News, I just report it! And I in no way guarantee that a word of what the Syrian Rebels said , is true. We've been through all of this before, haven't we? Most recently, in Afghanistan, when we helped them out, before and during the time that they were fighting the Russians. We're still seeing how that turned out!
Don't ask me to explain it, but every Presidential Administration has done it and 9 times out of 10, it comes back to bite us...and yet, we still keep doing it!
I think we used to do it because if we didn't, Russia would and then, they'd take over the Country. But, I thought we were supposed to be, at least, cordial with Russia, now...after we bailed them out and kept them from starving, several years ago. Yet, Russia is going to help Assad! So, who knows what's really going on "behind the scenes"? I certainly can't figure it out and I've never been able to...this time is no different, either.
bob

Jamestown, TN

#86549 Jul 2, 2013
some of you are openiated
Timbuk2

Jamestown, TN

#86550 Jul 2, 2013
The train wreck is coming, and it’s only three months away. That’s when Obamacare begins. And already we know what the cost is going to be, well, no we don’t Hasn’t been announced. And this from an ally newspaper, The Washington Post:

“Smart Democrats are beginning to get frantic about the need to suppress the confusion and hide the cost of ObamaCare between now and the 2014 midterm elections. We are just three months away from the October 1st enrollment start date and so far, nothing about the ObamaCare implementation process should be politically encouraging for Democrats. In fact, the more people learn about ObamaCare, the more frightened they become.”

Wow! Whoda thunk? The Washington Post?

“Right now, small businesses across America are making the final determinations on how to reduce the working hours of their employees so fewer employees qualify for the mandated, employer-provided health insurance.”

Reducing hours. That oughta stimulate the economy. Of course with reduced incomes, more people will get food stamps.

“Employers are also deciding whether it makes more economic sense to pay a fine to the government or pay for healthcare benefits for their employees.”

What a CHOICE! Either way the ‘Murican worker gets screwed.

“ What this means is that hundreds of thousands – and perhaps even millions – of Americans will learn that they are being dismissed from their employer’s healthcare coverage.”

Now THAT’S an accomplishment.

“The healthcare pink slips will start raining down in late summer and early fall.”

Like leaves from the trees. What a pretty metaphor! Maybe that’s why they did it in the fall?

“This will push people into the healthcare exchanges, where, in some cases, people will be writing health insurance checks for the first time. And in many cases, people will be facing increased health insurance costs, particularly if they are young and healthy. The negative effects on personal income and the overall economy will be undeniable.“

And just in time to screw up the Christmas season. Oh, I mean the “Holiday” season. Can’t say Christmas anymore because it might piss off someone.

“Sometime next year, before the elections, the penalties associated with not having or providing health insurance will begin to pour in. Will the fines come in the mail? Will you be able to appeal? What happens if someone doesn’t pay? No one knows. Or, no one who knows is talking. The consequences of ObamaCare are being hidden.”

NO! The Obama administration hiding something? Hey. It’ll be an election year. Watch Obama admit that there were some things he could have done better to start Obamacare, and he’ll forgive fines for two years.

“Today’s Wall Street Journal article,“Health-insurance costs set for a jolt” hints at the debacle that is to come. At some point soon, it’s going to be undeniable that ObamaCare is nothing but another federal entitlement, where those who are young and healthy bear the direct cost of subsidizing those who are not.”

And they’re the assholes who voted for Democrats.

Here’s the article to prove its real:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#86551 Jul 2, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but this piece of U.S. soil is out of the country and not connected to it. Wonder what lies between the two locations?
"Air Force One", is the connection between the two locations.
Pete you would be just amazed as to how much goes on before Air Force One even lifts off, they cover every known possible action.......and then they keep looking for more things that could disrupt our President Obama from doing what he has to do.
Of course when ol' G.W. comes on board, they protect him to the max from being arrested.
I'm still waiting for the day when G.W. goes out on his own and does peace work like Clinton and Carter......and a few times Bush One.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#86552 Jul 2, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I belonged to a private club ? I believe I posted tha while I could belong to one, I would feel as out of place as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, which prompted you to ask if I was like Will Rogers and wouldn't belong to any club that would accept me as a member !
Hey, OT. Yes, I am quite sure that you posted that you once belonged to a private club. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Being able to enjoy the benefits of association with good folks and the amenities offered is a perk for all the hard work and success you have earned. Why, I'm sure that many of your best friends belong to one of the many clubs up there. What is puzzling to me is how hard you and OA try to deny that you are wealthy enough to belong to one. Go figure.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#86553 Jul 2, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>"Air Force One", is the connection between the two locations.
Pete you would be just amazed as to how much goes on before Air Force One even lifts off, they cover every known possible action.......and then they keep looking for more things that could disrupt our President Obama from doing what he has to do.
Of course when ol' G.W. comes on board, they protect him to the max from being arrested.
I'm still waiting for the day when G.W. goes out on his own and does peace work like Clinton and Carter......and a few times Bush One.
It's difficult to admit that you and the loon from Camden were wrong, isn't it, D.? It's probably difficult to admit that Mr. Bush has a higher favorability rating than Obama too.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#86554 Jul 2, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a good evening Vet, and you as well Dunlapian. Hope everyone has a great July 4th. One of these days I am going to learn how to smoke ribs, brisket and other things I like to eat and make July 4th a real holiday.
Well thank-you Pete, you do the same.
I know smoked ribs, brisket, ect. is a East Tn. culinary delight.
But if you ever get the chance try making/trying some Marlin Jerky, you would not believe how great it taste.
As far as the 4th of July and fireworks, I do miss the day's of making my own.........if I purchased those home made fireworks today I probably would have the law on me.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#86555 Jul 2, 2013
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Vet (whose son is very wealthy) finds it much easier to win at chess when he allows himself to move his opponent's pieces for him. Most would consider this cheating, but vet (whose son is very wealthy) just considers it acceptable strategy.
Vet (whose son is very wealthy) seems quite enamored with my income. Makes me wonder if he's afraid his son is going to cut him off and, with the recent SCOTUS ruling, is looking for other avenues to be "kept."
Well, OA, I see you are still sulking and I didn't move your chess piece, you did when you posted your income which is 10 times the per capita income (15K) of your county. See, I didn't post your income, oh, wait, 10 times 15K is... Are you still going to the pool hall to play pool. Careful how you answer that , OA, I'm about to check mate you.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#86556 Jul 2, 2013
Timbuk2 wrote:
The train wreck is coming, and it’s only three months away. That’s when Obamacare begins. And already we know what the cost is going to be, well, no we don’t Hasn’t been announced. And this from an ally newspaper, The Washington Post:
“Smart Democrats are beginning to get frantic about the need to suppress the confusion and hide the cost of ObamaCare between now and the 2014 midterm elections. We are just three months away from the October 1st enrollment start date and so far, nothing about the ObamaCare implementation process should be politically encouraging for Democrats. In fact, the more people learn about ObamaCare, the more frightened they become.”
Wow! Whoda thunk? The Washington Post?
“Right now, small businesses across America are making the final determinations on how to reduce the working hours of their employees so fewer employees qualify for the mandated, employer-provided health insurance.”
Reducing hours. That oughta stimulate the economy. Of course with reduced incomes, more people will get food stamps.
“Employers are also deciding whether it makes more economic sense to pay a fine to the government or pay for healthcare benefits for their employees.”
What a CHOICE! Either way the ‘Murican worker gets screwed.
“ What this means is that hundreds of thousands – and perhaps even millions – of Americans will learn that they are being dismissed from their employer’s healthcare coverage.”
Now THAT’S an accomplishment.
“The healthcare pink slips will start raining down in late summer and early fall.”
Like leaves from the trees. What a pretty metaphor! Maybe that’s why they did it in the fall?
“This will push people into the healthcare exchanges, where, in some cases, people will be writing health insurance checks for the first time. And in many cases, people will be facing increased health insurance costs, particularly if they are young and healthy. The negative effects on personal income and the overall economy will be undeniable.“
And just in time to screw up the Christmas season. Oh, I mean the “Holiday” season. Can’t say Christmas anymore because it might piss off someone.
“Sometime next year, before the elections, the penalties associated with not having or providing health insurance will begin to pour in. Will the fines come in the mail? Will you be able to appeal? What happens if someone doesn’t pay? No one knows. Or, no one who knows is talking. The consequences of ObamaCare are being hidden.”
NO! The Obama administration hiding something? Hey. It’ll be an election year. Watch Obama admit that there were some things he could have done better to start Obamacare, and he’ll forgive fines for two years.
“Today’s Wall Street Journal article,“Health-insurance costs set for a jolt” hints at the debacle that is to come. At some point soon, it’s going to be undeniable that ObamaCare is nothing but another federal entitlement, where those who are young and healthy bear the direct cost of subsidizing those who are not.”
And they’re the assholes who voted for Democrats.
Here’s the article to prove its real:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
Great post, Tim, thanks.
here now

Johnson City, TN

#86557 Jul 2, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should do a small amount of research before you spout off.

While Mr Bush was not a shining example of the American Presidency he is doing charitable works. In fact the current President met up with him in Africa this week. Obama actually praised his work. Clinton wants the headlines and makes sure there is always a photo op, that is not charitable works, that is self promotion. Carter (one of the worst POTUSs)does a lot of charity work without the need to grandstand. He has been more productive as a giver than a President.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#86558 Jul 2, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Being a male, I don't have a right to an abortion. My personal opinion is one based on my religious beliefs, which are MY religious beliefs and which I have no right to force on anyone by color of law. I am consistent though....I have a religious objection to capital punishment as well as abortion.....and I feel comfortable with that position, since unlike people of your ilk I have no objection to helping to feed, clothe, educate, house and provide healthcare for those kids with my charitable and my tax dollars.
Lets examine the pain issue with 24 week old babies. Any male over the age of 20 who was circumcised as a baby (this is done AFTER birth not at 24 weeks) had that procedure done on a most sensitive part of their body without anesthetic (many circumcisions are still done without anesthetic). The memory of the pain and trauma from that procedure assures that those males never touch that part of their bodies again.....right ? Chuckles !
Well, OT, no one dies from circumcision, see the difference? Charity is great, tax dollars for those able to work and won't, not great.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#86559 Jul 2, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>It's difficult to admit that you and the loon from Camden were wrong, isn't it, D.? It's probably difficult to admit that Mr. Bush has a higher favorability rating than Obama too.
There you go again, posting things I never said,"Mr. Bush higher favorability rating".
I have never ever said anything about G.W.'s rating.....but I know that will not stop you from posting that I did.
What I have always posted about G.W. is that he has to be very very careful when leaving our Country, as he just might get arrested......or worst.
I really don't think I will ever see him doing Charity work out in the open like Clinton and Carter.
Again just posting to you makes me want to throw up!
Please excuse me as I have to go barf.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 11 min Jenks 78,521
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Rock 61,004
Who's got your vote in the North Carolina Senat... 1 hr Rock 94
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 163,105
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Jerry K 33,971
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr Pork 62,806
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr White House Muslim 98,623

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE