Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#82298 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet a lot of Tennesseans don't realize that due to the many mountains, especially in East Tennessee, that many of the phone line transmissions were done via micro-wave radio. It is very hard to plow cable into rocky terrain, so the only alternative was radio frequency transmission. In the late 90's most of the long haul phone line transmission in Tennessee was via radio and good ole Nortel supplied most of it.
The quality of their equipment was comparable to the old Collin's Radio Co., excellent design and reliability.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82299 Jun 5, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>The quality of their equipment was comparable to the old Collin's Radio Co., excellent design and reliability.
Wow Vet, I haven't heard that name for quite some time. Collins Radio gear was great and was a formidable competitor at one time.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#82300 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote a "book" trying to explain to you how the real world operates. I took on this task knowing in advance I probably wouldn't be successful. Looks like I wasn't.
Believe what you want, its your opinion and you are entitled to it. But most of what you state as fact is simply incorrect. I have worked for three corporations, but have worked with 100's. Don't take this wrong, but I can honestly say I have a much better understanding of how our economy works than you do. Your misunderstanding is a good example of what magnifies our economy's problems.
Regarding my personal experiences, you believe what you want.
Pete, you sound more like a Business Administration Student, to me, more than a real Business Owner. Just saying...
But, I do find your "condescension", Elitist Attitude a bit annoying....but mostly laughable.
You mean 'lil ole me can buy Stocks? Wow, I never thought they'd let me, since I'm so poor and just a Woman. <s>
Pete Honey, I can play Wall St.'s Las Vegas Gambling Game, just as good as you can.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82301 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, you sound more like a Business Administration Student, to me, more than a real Business Owner. Just saying...
But, I do find your "condescension", Elitist Attitude a bit annoying....but mostly laughable.
You mean 'lil ole me can buy Stocks? Wow, I never thought they'd let me, since I'm so poor and just a Woman. <s>
Pete Honey, I can play Wall St.'s Las Vegas Gambling Game, just as good as you can.
I'm not an elitist nor do I try to be. I am simply a family man who has had some experiences in life, good and bad, that have taught me many things. One thing I have learned is you have a great opportunity to learn when you listen. You never learn anything while you are talking. I think maybe you need to listen more and talk less regarding things you don't know about.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#82302 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
It really was. The killer was that Bell Canada owned approximately 49% of Nortel and saw that investment go to nothing. That had to be a big blow to Canada's economy.
I don't know if you are familiar with Collins but they made communications equipment that was used throughout the world. The company was absorbed by Rockwell and Art Collins was forced out by the Rockwell team. I believe the company (Collins) still operates on a small scale out of Dallas. I have one of their old receivers, the 51-J4. It still works beautifully. Collins communication equipment was used by the Byrd expedition to the Antarctic in the early 30's.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82303 Jun 5, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if you are familiar with Collins but they made communications equipment that was used throughout the world. The company was absorbed by Rockwell and Art Collins was forced out by the Rockwell team. I believe the company (Collins) still operates on a small scale out of Dallas. I have one of their old receivers, the 51-J4. It still works beautifully. Collins communication equipment was used by the Byrd expedition to the Antarctic in the early 30's.
I guess justice was served because Rockwell was bought by Alcatel and Alcatel forced out the Rockwell team. Collins was an entity during my early years, but Rockwell gave me fits when competing for radio projects. Nortel sold radio in the 2,4,6 & 11 megahertz frequencies if I remember correctly. I can't remember what frequencies Collins used for their equipment.

Location hidden

#82304 Jun 5, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>The loon from Camden is a bitter old woman who thinks she knows about corporate America and how Capitalism works. She is so uninformed that it is impossible to get through to her. You are attempting a mission impossible trying to educate her.
Well, I don't know about that...it seems to me that you and Pete are the ones who are always crying over every penny that comes out of your pocket, not me.
You much more so than Pete, but both of you, still more so than me.
If you've got to squeeze a nickle 'til the buffalo poops and worry about it 24/7/365, then I'd say that I'm alot better off than either one of you....and I didn't have to go to Costa Rica because I couldn't afford to pay the taxes here.
Maybe you should learn to live within your "Means" and eliminate alot of that worry and anxiety that you seem to have, before it shortens your Lifespan. Oh BTW, and I can afford more than "Crystals" for Dinner, but you seem to think they were a REAL Treat. What would the Members at the Country Club think, if they knew. Lol!
Talk about "trying to keep up with the Jones"...and that's your first mistake, that's obviously making you miserable. Yet, all you know to do , is blame it on the Gov't. and Obama. I think you need a booster shot of Self-Esteem and Common Sense and somebody to pull your String and bring you back down to Earth. You're flying way too high with no parachute!
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#82305 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess justice was served because Rockwell was bought by Alcatel and Alcatel forced out the Rockwell team. Collins was an entity during my early years, but Rockwell gave me fits when competing for radio projects. Nortel sold radio in the 2,4,6 & 11 megahertz frequencies if I remember correctly. I can't remember what frequencies Collins used for their equipment.
The Nortel Low Frequency Beacon used by the FAA was below the broadcast band, 200-500 kHz. Most of their communications equipment was in the HF band, 3-30 Mhz. Collins communications gear was almost exclusively in the 3-30 Mhz. range. My old 51-J4 receiver was continuously tuned from 3-30 Mhz. It has 21 vacuum tubes.
Betty Knockers

Richardson, TX

#82306 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You even play F.B.I. agent, C.I.A. agent, Policewoman, and Obama's right hand man pretty well.
whatnow

United States

#82307 Jun 5, 2013
Lawd, woman, you need an education! You her/read a new word and then invent a way to use it! Why don't you enroll in some online classes and educate yourself.! You are so transparent.
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
whatnow

United States

#82308 Jun 5, 2013
She has no education and is envious of those who do. I would pity her if she were not so despicable!
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not an elitist nor do I try to be. I am simply a family man who has had some experiences in life, good and bad, that have taught me many things. One thing I have learned is you have a great opportunity to learn when you listen. You never learn anything while you are talking. I think maybe you need to listen more and talk less regarding things you don't know about.
whatnow

United States

#82309 Jun 5, 2013
Just SHUT UP, Fool! Everytime you post you make an ASS of yourself.
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I don't know about that...it seems to me that you and Pete are the ones who are always crying over every penny that comes out of your pocket, not me.
You much more so than Pete, but both of you, still more so than me.
If you've got to squeeze a nickle 'til the buffalo poops and worry about it 24/7/365, then I'd say that I'm alot better off than either one of you....and I didn't have to go to Costa Rica because I couldn't afford to pay the taxes here.
Maybe you should learn to live within your "Means" and eliminate alot of that worry and anxiety that you seem to have, before it shortens your Lifespan. Oh BTW, and I can afford more than "Crystals" for Dinner, but you seem to think they were a REAL Treat. What would the Members at the Country Club think, if they knew. Lol!
Talk about "trying to keep up with the Jones"...and that's your first mistake, that's obviously making you miserable. Yet, all you know to do , is blame it on the Gov't. and Obama. I think you need a booster shot of Self-Esteem and Common Sense and somebody to pull your String and bring you back down to Earth. You're flying way too high with no parachute!

Location hidden

#82310 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Sassy, I truly am sorry about your job losses. Sometimes, an employee loses a job and not be at fault. It happens. However, there are also circumstances when an employer must terminate a few to benefit the many. It is hard to employee anyone when you are bankrupt or have no available cash. A corporation also has to find the best staff level to produce the best returns. Their shareholders demand this. I don't know the circumstances regarding losing your job, but I realize how hard it must be to lose your job.
I will state one more thing that I honestly don't think you realize. You cannot learn about how our economy operates or how a corporation operates by watching tv or reading internet articles. You have to experience it yourself to really know how our economy operates and how the business world functions. I went to school for many years thinking I was learning how to be a successful businessman. What I didn't realize was my education had just started after I graduated from school. I basically utilize nothing of what I learned in school today. What I do rely on is my own experiences and what others in my industry have taught me through example. This is the only way to fully realize how our economy operates. I don't have enough space to fill you in on all the "fun facts" regarding the business world. One thing I will mention is "Sarbanes Oxley." This one governmental business reform basically made it virtually impossible for any corporation to cheat, falsify financial statements or anything else that may defraud anyone. This is just one bit of information that nobody seems to talk about when discussing "global corporations." I understand why, not many people understand it or have heard about it. But in the business world, this is the governing force keeping everyone in line. It is also a huge reason why the things you accuse corporations of doing can't be done.
Honey, they didn't terminate me or anybody else...they shut down and moved out of the Country...Mexico, to be exact. One of them, because the Owner lost a bunch of money investing in Michael Milliken's Junk Bonds...remember him? Wound up costing the Owner a very profitable Business, with several Branches and thousands of Employees, just because of his Greed and Stupidity!
BTW, if you know anything about Chicago, the Owner lived in the Pink Mansion beside Paul Harvey, and was married to a former Beauty Queen. I wonder whatever happened to him.
Proof-Positive that Excessive Greed can ruin your Life...is the lesson to be learned here!
Another Company went bankrupt, AFTER moving to Mexico. Another Company with many Branches, in many different States, and thousands of Employees, that had been in business all my Life and before I was born.
The other Two are still in business, I think. They were once very well-known for many, many years but you don't hear much about them, anymore. By that time, I was so used to it, that I didn't even bother keeping up with them, anymore...or what happened to them. Off-shore and out of Mind was my philosophy by then.
So, you better watch that Excessive Greed, it can come back to Bite You...and destroy your Business...and that includes the Manipulated Stock Market! The Ones doing the Manipulating are Wealthier, beyond your Wildest Dreams, than you are or will ever be. In fact, you paid their share of taxes while they got that way ...and you're still paying them. Talk about "Used and Abused"...SMH...
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82311 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, they didn't terminate me or anybody else...they shut down and moved out of the Country...Mexico, to be exact. One of them, because the Owner lost a bunch of money investing in Michael Milliken's Junk Bonds...remember him? Wound up costing the Owner a very profitable Business, with several Branches and thousands of Employees, just because of his Greed and Stupidity!
BTW, if you know anything about Chicago, the Owner lived in the Pink Mansion beside Paul Harvey, and was married to a former Beauty Queen. I wonder whatever happened to him.
Proof-Positive that Excessive Greed can ruin your Life...is the lesson to be learned here!
Another Company went bankrupt, AFTER moving to Mexico. Another Company with many Branches, in many different States, and thousands of Employees, that had been in business all my Life and before I was born.
The other Two are still in business, I think. They were once very well-known for many, many years but you don't hear much about them, anymore. By that time, I was so used to it, that I didn't even bother keeping up with them, anymore...or what happened to them. Off-shore and out of Mind was my philosophy by then.
So, you better watch that Excessive Greed, it can come back to Bite You...and destroy your Business...and that includes the Manipulated Stock Market! The Ones doing the Manipulating are Wealthier, beyond your Wildest Dreams, than you are or will ever be. In fact, you paid their share of taxes while they got that way ...and you're still paying them. Talk about "Used and Abused"...SMH...
hahahaha, I didn't pay anyone else's taxes. I pay "my" taxes. "My" taxes are levied on "my" income and is not dependent in any way on someone else's income. I don't recall ever seeing a super-wealthy person's W-2 stapled to mine when I received it.
CPA

Richardson, TX

#82312 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha, I didn't pay anyone else's taxes. I pay "my" taxes. "My" taxes are levied on "my" income and is not dependent in any way on someone else's income. I don't recall ever seeing a super-wealthy person's W-2 stapled to mine when I received it.
You're self employed, and you get a W-2?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#82313 Jun 5, 2013

Location hidden

#82314 Jun 5, 2013
Betty Knockers wrote:
<quoted text>You even play F.B.I. agent, C.I.A. agent, Policewoman, and Obama's right hand man pretty well.
That's probably because I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82315 Jun 5, 2013
CPA wrote:
<quoted text>You're self employed, and you get a W-2?
I'm not self-employed. I work for my company. There is a difference. My company is a C-Corporation, but I own all the shares. I am an employee of this corporation, thus I get a W-2.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#82316 Jun 5, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably because I have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.
Even with all the zany and abrasive things you come up with, you do have a sense of humor. I actually had to laugh at this. You should focus more on this side of your personality rather than the other.

Location hidden

#82317 Jun 5, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, I've already learned all I really need to know ...and I learned it a long time ago. But, you keep working on it... broaden your interests alittle and stop being so "tunnel-visioned", is my advice.
I think it's better to know something about alot of things, than to know alot about only One thing.
Oh, and drop that "Chauvinism" thing, too....not attractive, at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min DITCH MITCH 153,127
Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 5 min Weneedchange 150
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 8 min Poinsettia 96,898
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 14 min The real Not Land... 3,282
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 28 min TAMARA 75,763
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 29 min Frank Pharts 18,300
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 33 min ChicnButt 55,338
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••