Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Written in the 60's and still relevant. What is going on with McCain and Christie that they are the new Tea Party enemy of the republican party? How can a party turn so quickly on their own presidential nominees?
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind
I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Tired

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

SSS wrote:
Thank you for giving music and video to my feelings...
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Tim what do you think about the Zimmerman case? Is he going to get off because they can prove that Martin smoked weed? Isn't he now suing the media? He might come out with a lifelong check smelling like a rose, huh? I am sure that makes you happy.
What in the world does this have to do with me asking Holly whether she works for herself or for someone else?
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Tired wrote:
Written in the 60's and still relevant. What is going on with McCain and Christie that they are the new Tea Party enemy of the republican party? How can a party turn so quickly on their own presidential nominees?
Why do you care?
Jackie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care?
we don't.
Leggs

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Jackie wrote:
<quoted text>we don't.
I do.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your assertion that MSG only spews her obscene venom at one person. I have incurred her obscene wrath simply by pointing out how vile and uncalled for her posts are, something NO conservative has ever done. Perhaps that is why she only attacks liberals -- no conservatives have ever had the moral fortitude to admonish one of their own for engaging in such horrible rhetoric.
Constantly trying to place Sassy's posts on the same level as MSG's is silly, it's not even close. If Sassy EVER posted the kind of filth that MSG posts, I would be the first to scold her for it, as such language tends to give ALL liberals a bad name. Calling someone stupid or a TEApublican or insane is not something I personally consider that offensive on an anonymous political forum. Telling someone (in graphic detail) that they engage in oral sex with their father while receiving anal sex from a farm animal is. It appalls me that NO conservatives seem to agree with me on this and continue to consider their posts somehow equally offensive. It's simply an excuse for not having the moral cajones to criticize one of their own, no matter how offensive his/her behavior is.
That being said, I appreciate that your are perhaps the only conservative poster who interacts with liberals with any degree of civility and I, for one, notice this and appreciate it. I can tend to be combative and sarcastic, depending upon how any certain poster addresses me, but I make a conscious effort not to be vulgar, something I expect from everyone else on this thread.
We would probably get along pretty well in "the real world," as most of my friends and acquaintances are Republican (no avoiding this due to geography) and we typically talk about girls, guns, work, music, etc. and avoid religion and politics. Oddly enough, however, most of said friends and acquaintances are moderate Republicans and not radical in any way.
Anyway, enjoy your Sunday, I'm planning on grilling, listening to the Beach Boys (if the weather permits), drinking some Coronas and frozen Pina Coladas, and throwing around the baseball with some friends. Have a good one!
Hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend OA. I pretty much did the same things, i.e. too much food, too much booze, too much of the in-laws, etc. Had a good time with most of my family though :) Hope you did as well.
Big Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Leggs wrote:
<quoted text>I do.
Why?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend OA. I pretty much did the same things, i.e. too much food, too much booze, too much of the in-laws, etc. Had a good time with most of my family though :) Hope you did as well.
Had an excellent time, Pete, glad you did as well. Hope you have a good night, I'm turning in.
you are a MUTT

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Big Dog wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Why?
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

"OpEDL:'Anonymous' Targets Far-Right English League."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/28/opedl-a...
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

"Officials Downplay Report On China Hacking Military Secrets."

Click here:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/28/18...
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

"Obama Explains Lipstick Stain On Collar:(VIDEO)."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/05/ob...
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

"GOP Stoking Fire Of IRS Scandal With Eye Toward 2014."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-st...
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

"Michele Bachmann To Leave Congress, Insisting Departure Has Nothing To Do With Ongoing Ethics Investigation:(VIDEO)."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/29/michele...
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

"Benghazi And The Video: Where The Talking Points Came From."

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/05...
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

"How The Rich Got Richer, Global Comparisons Edition."

Click here:
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/05...
SSS

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

"Oil Falls Below $95, Parts Ways With Stocks."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/oil-falls-below-95-part...
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Union Boss: Workin’ hard or hardly workin….

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/labor_big_...

“Union fat cat Mark Rosenthal spends more time sleeping at his desk than organizing labor, a series of damning photos reveals.

The 400-pound president of Local 983 of District Council 37 — the city’s largest blue-collar municipal-workers union — often downs a huge meal, then drops into dreamland in the early afternoon.”

“He eats lunch when he arrives at work at 2 p.m. Then, like clockwork, he goes to sleep with a cup of soda on the table and the straw in it,” said Marvin Robbins, a union vice president.

“Then he wakes up, looks at his watch and says,‘I have to get out before the traffic gets bad.’ He’s usually out by 4 p.m. after being at the office two hours.”

Rosenthal pulls in $156,000 a year as head of the 3000 member Local 983 of District Council 37. Members fork over $1,080 in annual union dues that help fund Rosenthal’s salary and perks.

Union officials say he racks up $1,400 in monthly food bills on the union dime.

Much of the 5-foot-7, 400-plus-pound Rosenthal’s food tabs are for catered union events and meals he writes off as “union business,” board members claim.

They say he significantly overorders at eateries like Dallas BBQ, the Stage Door Deli and Pine Restaurant in The Bronx, a hangout for local politicians, and takes the extra food back to his Bronxdale apartment.

“He’s always walking off with a doggie bag or extra boxes of food,” said another executive board member.

He said it’s normal for executives to take “power naps.”

He also blamed his meetings with the sandman on the effects of pain medication he takes for backaches he has suffered since he fell through a chair at a McDonald’s last year.

“The chair broke because I’m big,” Rosenthal said.

“I’m 60 years old, so if I eat during my lunch hour and take a little medication, can’t I close my eyes?” he said outside his apartment complex.“Is it so outrageous?”

Rosenthal is also under fire from the union’s executive board for allowing lawyer Arthur Schwartz to allegedly rack up an average of $12,000 a month in union legal fees for years despite being on a $5,500 monthly retainer, board members said.

But Schwartz claims he has submitted only one monthly bill over $10,000 in 15 years representing the union and averages about $7,000 per month in fees.

Ahhh. I love unions…

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••