Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Citizen Sound-Off Forum

Comments (Page 3,638)

Showing posts 72,741 - 72,760 of138,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't recall."
Ah yes. The most often phrase used by Hillary at her Hillarycare investigation.

But Reagan had an excuse. He had Alzheimers.

Dang! I just gave Obama a good excuse.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't recall."
Oh yes, that is Hillary's favorite!

It seems that ALL in Obama's regime either don't recall - or don't know how things happen.
heres my handle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the dark side, Pete. Soon you will feel compassion for all living things, except those who haven’t yet “seen the light”. They are enemies and must be destroyed. But we don’t use conventional weapons like guns. No, being intellectuals we use intelligent weapons like character assassination, insinuation, and innuendo. You will learn to use these tools.
You will have to step down as owner of your company, since we can’t have CEO’s making obscene amounts of money. You should take a job in the warehouse, and start a petition to unionize the company. Start by demanding a 100% increase in pay, full benefits, and 8 weeks paid vacation.
Your transformation will not go unnoticed, so the first thing on the agenda, will be explaining this to your family. They will have to move into Section 8 subsidized housing. No true liberal can go through life without government housing assistance.
You’ll also have to downsize the car. We don’t use SUV’s or luxury vehicles. Trade it in on a Prius. Make sure you finance it for 72 months so that you’ll be underwater on the loan.
You’ll have to sell the boat, or at least replace it with a row boat. Loyalists don’t fish, and Bass boats are so, rural.
At your earliest convenience, you should apply for food stamps.
We have assigned your family to a team of psychologists and psychiatrists. As a loyal democrat and liberal, you MUST have some neuroses, and these folks will make sure you develop the proper ones. Check your teenagers into rehab now. That way they’ll be used to it, since we all have to do rehab several times in our lives.
They will also assist you with your new vocabulary requirements. Words like “achieve” will be replaced by “expect”. Liberals know that most people are unable to achieve, either because they don’t have the ability or they’re too lazy, but that should not exclude them from enjoying the same benefits as those that achieve. So we teach them to expect. You will have to learn and live this.
The word “success” will be replaced by “try”. Success leads to achievement, and is way too difficult for most people. We liberals reward trying real hard. Self esteem is much more important than success or achievement. If you can’t do, there’s no reason to feel bad about yourself.
The psycho people will help you develop a new attitude towards life. It’s NOT your fault that you can’t succeed, it’s someone else’s fault. Remove happiness from your life, and replace it with resentment against those who have things you can’t get. As you develop your new resentfulness, you will get angry, confrontational and condescending. Your opponents will not be seen as people who disagree with you; they will be idiots. Let’s face it, you’re smarter than they are, and you should let them know they are stupid.
You will learn that when faced with irrefutable logic, obfuscate. Change the subject. Learn to twist things so that your opponent looks like the bad guy. The media is your friend in this endeavor.
Take the recent Benghazi incident. The first thing you do is lie. Blame it on some video. The ignore the entire affair. Then blame it on a subordinate. Finally, call the investigation by the opposing side a witch hunt.
Once you’ve mastered these simple concepts, Pete, you can call yourself a liberal.
You don't have a job do you? War and Peace wasn't this frickin long!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

roudy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is supposed to be the smartest man in the room. He hand picked his cabinet. If those people didn't know how to do their jobs then the blame falls on him and him alone. You are known by the company you keep around yourself. Surround yourself with idiots well then....
Ok, time for EVERYBODY to learn something! Here are the Positions in a Presidential Cabinet, there's 15 of them.
The President Nominates them, BUT Congress has to approve them. Since Obama has been President, his Nominees have been given the worst treatment in getting approved by Congress of any President that I can ever remember. Some of the Nominees have dropped out because of the announced harshness of the "grilling" they were going to receive from the TEApublicans in the Congressional Confirmation Process, some have declined to serve when the President asked, for the same reason, some have been "On Hold" for an extraordinary amount of time because the TEApublicans are blocking their Confirmation Hearing, so much so that I just read an Article about Obama considering going to Court to try and force Congress to have the Confirmation Hearings for 3 of his Nominees.
All of this has made it extremely difficult for Obama to put in place the People that he really wanted for the job...and that's exactly the reason the TEApublicans are doing it. They don't want the best People for the job, they want the only Person Obama can get, hoping they will be bad enough that they will embarrass the Administration and give them more ammunition to attack & blame Obama...and they couldn't care less what it's doing to the Country!
It's the TEApublicans who are creating these horrible situations, but they are falsely blaming Obama for most of the very things THEY, knowlingly, caused! And I believe the majority of the American People are seeing right through the TEApublicans' Schemes and Charades...and they do NOT like it!

Now, here are the 15 Cabinet Positions that are Appointed by the President, but HAVE to be Approved by Congress before they can hold the position!

Click here:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_15_pre...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Oh, and the word "Congress" includes both Branches, House of Representatives AND the Senate...bur since some of you TEA Baggers are alittle dense, I really should have been more specific and stated that it is the SENATE Confirmation Hearings of the President's Appointees.
Sorry, I keep forgetting how little all the TEA Baggers actually know about how the Federal Gov't. works and what each Branch actually does and their duties.
I keep assuming that they have a 4th grade knowledge of such thing , but I know they don't, so every little specific detail has to be spelled out to them. It does get tedious, but it's necessary nonetheless, when dealing with TEA Baggers! I'm just used to discussing politics with Real People who know alittle something about their Three Branches of Government and what their duties are...and I've not been on Topix alot lately, so I forgot the level of ignorance that I was dealing with!
Sorry again, I'll try to keep that in mind from now on...but I probably won't.
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

heres my handle wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a job do you? War and Peace wasn't this frickin long!
Big words, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure what Really Sassys intent was but now I want to know what your intent is........
You're doing better than I am, Dunlapian, because I don't have a clue what these Scud Trolls are referring to. But, that's nothing unusual because I don't know what they are referring to or what they mean by their Posts, most of the time, anyway!
Frankly, their posted thoughts are so jumbled up and incoherent, it's almost like they are speaking a foreign Language, to me.
I actually think that they have spent so much time thinking up, and posting, Filthy and Abusive Slurs and Insults that they have lost the ability to communicate, in any other way, on any subject...and when they try, it just comes out as one big blurred posted mess of Mumbo-Jumbo that makes no sense, at all!
Kinda like when you use Texting Shorthand all the time, you forget how to spell real words!
roxyb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Wen the body is close to death,all tired,old n all,the prsons spirit and others spirits aswell,try to guide the body,eventualy resulting in death bcoz the body is not afraid nemore,the spirit/s have then taken over the bodies mind n get the body aware of the whole death proccess,they do soo until the body is aware and crosses over,from body,to spirit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

roudy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is supposed to be the smartest man in the room. He hand picked his cabinet. If those people didn't know how to do their jobs then the blame falls on him and him alone. You are known by the company you keep around yourself. Surround yourself with idiots well then....
If the President is supposed to be the "smartest" Man in the room, you Conservatives certainly screwed up when you elected George W. Bush , didn't you?

I always thought that the President was supposd to be the only ELECTED Man in the room!
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Only in Obamavile:

“The Department of Defense confirms to NBC 5 Investigates that accused Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Hasan has now been paid more than $278,000 since the Nov. 5, 2009 shooting that left 13 dead and 32 injured. The Army said under the Military Code of Justice, Hasan’s salary cannot be suspended unless he is proven guilty.”

Yup. You read that right. The guy who will never have a trial is being paid, and the ones he shot are going bankrupt.

But wait! There’s more!

So while Hassan is still drawing his military paycheck, the Defense Department has refused to deem Hassan's victims as suffering combat-related wounds, which would entitle them to Purple Hearts and additional pay and benefits to aid the cost of their rehabilitation.

“Meanwhile, more than three years later soldiers wounded in the mass shooting are fighting to receive the same pay and medical benefits given to those wounded in combat.

The Army has not classified the wounds of the Ft. Hood victims as “combat related” and declines to label the shooting a “terrorist attack”,

The “combat related” designation is an important
one, for without it Burnett and other shooting victims are not given combat-related pay, they are not eligible for Purple Heart retirement or medical benefits given to other soldiers wounded either at war or during the Sept. 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon.

As a result, Burnett, his wife Torey, and the families of other Fort Hood victims miss out on thousands of dollars of potential benefits and pay every year.”

The Army has categorized the shooting as a case of “workplace violence.”

"There have been times when my wife and I cannot afford groceries. We cannot afford gas in our car,” said Retired Army Spc. Logan Burnett, a reservist who, in 2009, was soon to be deployed to Iraq, was shot three times when a gunman opened fire inside the Army Deployment Center.

“Literally, times where we ate Ramen noodles for weeks on end. This [that Hasan is still earning a paycheck] makes me sick to my stomach,” said Burnett.

Burnett nearly died. He's had more than a dozen surgeries since the shooting, and says post-traumatic stress still keeps him up at night.

The “combat related” designation is an important one, for without it Burnett and other shooting victims are not given combat-related pay, they are not eligible for Purple Heart retirement or medical benefits given to other soldiers wounded either at war or during the Sept. 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon.

As a result, Burnett, his wife Torey, and the families of other Fort Hood victims miss out on thousands of dollars of potential benefits and pay every year.”

So where are you liberals of America? I thought you were for the poor, disadvantaged, and abused?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/Accused-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

roxyb wrote:
Wen the body is close to death,all tired,old n all,the prsons spirit and others spirits aswell,try to guide the body,eventualy resulting in death bcoz the body is not afraid nemore,the spirit/s have then taken over the bodies mind n get the body aware of the whole death proccess,they do soo until the body is aware and crosses over,from body,to spirit.
Roxy, who on here is close to dying...who are you talking about? Is it you? Are you "Angel"? She/He posted like she/he wasn't going to be here long, either.
Bayless

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, time for EVERYBODY to learn something! Here are the Positions in a Presidential Cabinet, there's 15 of them.
The President Nominates them, BUT Congress has to approve them. Since Obama has been President, his Nominees have been given the worst treatment in getting approved by Congress of any President that I can ever remember. Some of the Nominees have dropped out because of the announced harshness of the "grilling" they were going to receive from the TEApublicans in the Congressional Confirmation Process, some have declined to serve when the President asked, for the same reason, some have been "On Hold" for an extraordinary amount of time because the TEApublicans are blocking their Confirmation Hearing, so much so that I just read an Article about Obama considering going to Court to try and force Congress to have the Confirmation Hearings for 3 of his Nominees.
All of this has made it extremely difficult for Obama to put in place the People that he really wanted for the job...and that's exactly the reason the TEApublicans are doing it. They don't want the best People for the job, they want the only Person Obama can get, hoping they will be bad enough that they will embarrass the Administration and give them more ammunition to attack & blame Obama...and they couldn't care less what it's doing to the Country!
It's the TEApublicans who are creating these horrible situations, but they are falsely blaming Obama for most of the very things THEY, knowlingly, caused! And I believe the majority of the American People are seeing right through the TEApublicans' Schemes and Charades...and they do NOT like it!
Now, here are the 15 Cabinet Positions that are Appointed by the President, but HAVE to be Approved by Congress before they can hold the position!
Click here:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_15_pre...
So good of you to 'educate' us illiterates.

Cabinet positions are appointed by the president - but have to approved, NOT by Congress, only the U.S. Senate (which is only part of congress idiot). Now, the DEMOCRATS control the Senate - so the democrap president nominates and the rubber-stamp democrap senate approves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Scarlett Pimple wrote:
Only in Obamavile:
“The Department of Defense confirms to NBC 5 Investigates that accused Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Hasan has now been paid more than $278,000 since the Nov. 5, 2009 shooting that left 13 dead and 32 injured. The Army said under the Military Code of Justice, Hasan’s salary cannot be suspended unless he is proven guilty.”
Yup. You read that right. The guy who will never have a trial is being paid, and the ones he shot are going bankrupt.
But wait! There’s more!
So while Hassan is still drawing his military paycheck, the Defense Department has refused to deem Hassan's victims as suffering combat-related wounds, which would entitle them to Purple Hearts and additional pay and benefits to aid the cost of their rehabilitation.
“Meanwhile, more than three years later soldiers wounded in the mass shooting are fighting to receive the same pay and medical benefits given to those wounded in combat.
The Army has not classified the wounds of the Ft. Hood victims as “combat related” and declines to label the shooting a “terrorist attack”,
The “combat related” designation is an important
one, for without it Burnett and other shooting victims are not given combat-related pay, they are not eligible for Purple Heart retirement or medical benefits given to other soldiers wounded either at war or during the Sept. 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon.
The Army has categorized the shooting as a case of “workplace violence.”
"There have been times when my wife and I cannot afford groceries. We cannot afford gas in our car,” said Retired Army Spc. Logan Burnett, a reservist who, in 2009, was soon to be deployed to Iraq, was shot three times when a gunman opened fire inside the Army Deployment Center.
“Literally, times where we ate Ramen noodles for weeks on end. This [that Hasan is still earning a paycheck] makes me sick to my stomach,” said Burnett.
Burnett nearly died. He's had more than a dozen surgeries since the shooting, and says post-traumatic stress still keeps him up at night.
The “combat related” designation is an important one, for without it Burnett and other shooting victims are not given combat-related pay, they are not eligible for Purple Heart retirement or medical benefits given to other soldiers wounded either at war or during the Sept. 11, 2001 attack on the Pentagon.
So where are you liberals of America? I thought you were for the poor, disadvantaged, and abused?
http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/Accused-...
If you don't like the Military Rules, contact your TEApublican, Do-Nothing Congress and tell them to change them! Congress makes the Rules for the Military, NOT the President! You voted them in, so reap what you've sown or do something to change it!
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
If the President is supposed to be the "smartest" Man in the room, you Conservatives certainly screwed up when you elected George W. Bush , didn't you?
I always thought that the President was supposd to be the only ELECTED Man in the room!
First, "Bush again", second, you still haven't addressed the statement as it was not about Bush. Your statement just shows that you have no credible answer and your common liberaal drum beat. As usual I might add, this from just an observer. BTW, ANY President is supposed to be smart enough to pick the best and brightest and smartest.
roxyb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Roxy, who on here is close to dying...who are you talking about? Is it you? Are you "Angel"? She/He posted like she/he wasn't going to be here long, either.
wat? Noone is,i was talkin bout alzhiemers,sht
comstock

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

one person looks like a dogface

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
So good of you to 'educate' us illiterates.
Cabinet positions are appointed by the president - but have to approved, NOT by Congress, only the U.S. Senate (which is only part of congress idiot). Now, the DEMOCRATS control the Senate - so the democrap president nominates and the rubber-stamp democrap senate approves.
Don't you EVER get tired of showing your ignorance??? This has been posted so many time , EVERYBODY should know it by now, but apparently, you STILL can't get the hang of it! How many Democrats are in the Senate? How many does it take to pass ANYTHING in the Senate?
I'm not telling you again, so look it up, before you make any more ignorant Posts about the Democrats in the Senate and what they can and cannot do because they have the..."Majority"!

You TEA Baggers have the IQ of a knat or, you do a really good imitation of it!

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden met with three illegal immigrants who have been granted deferred action legal status in the Oval Office Tuesday. Meanwhile, Obama still refuses to meet with any border security enforcement officers about any aspect of immigration reform.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-refu...ar...

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you EVER get tired of showing your ignorance??? This has been posted so many time , EVERYBODY should know it by now, but apparently, you STILL can't get the hang of it! How many Democrats are in the Senate? How many does it take to pass ANYTHING in the Senate?
I'm not telling you again, so look it up, before you make any more ignorant Posts about the Democrats in the Senate and what they can and cannot do because they have the..."Majority"!
You TEA Baggers have the IQ of a knat or, you do a really good imitation of it!
YOUR ignorance is showing quite brightly.

A SIMPLE MAJORITY is ALL that is required to confirm a presidential cabinet post. That means, to an idiot such as yourself that is quite uninformed, since the U.S. Senate is made up of 100 members - that means 50 + 1. Now, again, due to your low IQ, if there is a tie of 50 - 50 - then the President of the Senate is called to break the tie. The President of the Senate is also the Vice President of the United States. In this particular case, Uncle Joe Biden.

You'll read this...and then look it up...find it is true and STILL argue that you are right.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

In 2008 the American Issues Project released an ad tying Barack Obama to domestic terrorist Bill Ayers.“Barack Obama launched his political career with the direct assistance of Bill Ayers.”

(VIDEO-AT-LINK)

The Obama camp used the DOJ to demand an investigation and prosecute American Issues Project

That’s not all… Obama goons threatened 10,000 GOP donors with legal trouble and public harassment if they continued to support Republican candidates. The Wall Street Journal reported, via Jammie Wearing Fool:

On Aug. 21, 2008, the conservative American Issues Project ran an ad highlighting ties between candidate Obama and Bill Ayers, formerly of the Weather Underground. The Obama campaign and supporters were furious, and they pressured TV stations to pull the ad—a common-enough tactic in such ad spats.

What came next was not common. Bob Bauer, general counsel for the campaign (and later general counsel for the White House), on the same day wrote to the criminal division of the Justice Department, demanding an investigation into AIP,“its officers and directors,” and its “anonymous donors.” Mr. Bauer claimed that the nonprofit, as a 501(c)(4), was committing a “knowing and willful violation” of election law, and wanted “action to enforce against criminal violations.”

AIP gave Justice a full explanation as to why it was not in violation. It said that it operated exactly as liberal groups like Naral Pro-Choice did. It noted that it had disclosed its donor, Texas businessman Harold Simmons. Mr. Bauer’s response was a second letter to Justice calling for the prosecution of Mr. Simmons. He sent a third letter on Sept. 8, again smearing the “sham” AIP’s “illegal electoral purpose.”

Also on Sept. 8, Mr. Bauer complained to the Federal Election Commission about AIP and Mr. Simmons....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/05/...to...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,741 - 72,760 of138,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••