Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

"Oil Pipeline Ruptures In Arkansas."

Click here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/us/oil-pipe...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

"Natural Gas Extraction Causing Frequent Quakes, Property Damage In Northern Netherlands."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/31/natural...
gayblackjesus

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a Family Tradition that I'm sure you have never done...WE WORK... I started it years ago, when I WORKED!
Sounds like it's your family who works to keep your wrinkly old butt

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

gayblackjesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like it's your family who works to keep your wrinkly old butt
NOPE! You've got that wrong, too. Maybe you need to get your hearing checked, if that's what it "sounds" like to you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>That's an nice Easter morning message.... but then it's no more than we have come to expect.
Stating facts stupid. So can the old hag come and hunt eggs with you other seniors?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>We have a Family Tradition that I'm sure you have never done...WE WORK. therefore, we REST on Holidays, to get ready to back to WORK! I started it years ago, when I WORKED! I know that you don't believe in WORK, but we do. That way we don't have to sponge and steal off other People, like you do. You should try it sometime, just to get over your fear of it!
In other words none of your family invites you to their homes including your two raggedy children. it must be sad to never get to experience the joys of being a parent or grand parent or even a wife. You really are alone. Wonder why that is? Maybe because no one wants to be around you.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Stating facts stupid. So can the old hag come and hunt eggs with you other seniors?
Linda can come and join myself and my family and friends as we celebrate the Easter holiday...or at any other time, and we will make her feel welcome, just as I would any guest who cares to join us.
luke sky walker

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Linda can come and join myself and my family and friends as we celebrate the Easter holiday...or at any other time, and we will make her feel welcome, just as I would any guest who cares to join us.
Is Easter ever mentioned anywhere in the Nt if so where is it at?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>Linda can come and join myself and my family and friends as we celebrate the Easter holiday...or at any other time, and we will make her feel welcome, just as I would any guest who cares to join us.
Look Linda. I found you an Easter event to attend with a fellow fool. I sure wouldn't want to be sitting around that paupers table while those two chewed the fat.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Just like old Willard, he stated that I did not love America(he hates Liberals) so I called him out on this......and of course he did not have the spine to respond.
I believe before he did mentioned that he was a Preacher or something like that. Well I remember the Chaplains that use to come out to me in Vietnam(for Easter) and listen to my sins then forgive me, with a piece of bread, and at the time I thought this was great. That is until later when I saw the same Chaplain take off with our C.O. for a weekend in Saigon. I have never forgot that image. Now back to Willard, this is how I see him, he appears to be holier than thou, but behind closed doors he is just scammer in disquise.
Ya know Sassy, maybe this is one of my "lessons learned" in life, as now I have shed Religion and my belief in God is even greater. I still believe religion is good for some people, but if they just take the next step and except God and not let others tell them who God is, they also will have a closer relation with God.
And, of course, you went with them and know exactly what that Chaplin did in Saigon. Right?
I would also think that you should accept God, not except him.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks OT, and here I thought NTM8OR just pulled this "NAMBLA" out of his A$$.
Speaking of Rush Limbaugh, he is one guy I despise, for claiming he had a "pilonidal cyst" on his butt, to keep him out of Nam'.
Rush Limbaugh, "Do as I say, not as I do".
Well OT is wrong. I have not heard much of Rush Limbaugh since before the OJ trial. I got tired of him after a very few shows. The only time I hear him now is when Greta Van Susteren mentions him on her show and I happen to be listening. Which is also not too often.

What you fail to realize is that the reason for my comment was solely because Linda said that she did not care who marries who or about love and matters of the heart unless it directly concerns her. By making that statement she is proving that she is not the "compassionate human being" that she claims to be, since she obviously does not care about children who are targets of pedophiles like NAMBLA.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>And, of course, you went with them and know exactly what that Chaplin did in Saigon. Right?
I would also think that you should accept God, not except him.
Roflmao. That last sentence made me spit my beverage on the monitor.

Happy Easter to you my friend.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I...along with Religious Dominance. Christianity wants to be Number One and, every Denomination wants to be the Number One Denomination in Christianity.
I just see very little in any of them that has to do with God and his True Teachings, which are all related to how we treat our Fellow Man, especially the Weakest, Sickest, and Poorest among us.
You mean like in 2nd Thessalonians, chapter 3 verse 10 : For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like in 2nd Thessalonians, chapter 3 verse 10 : For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.?
Once again she feels entitled to the money you work hard for each and every day just because she is old. Perhaps financial planning in her early years would have made her less dependent on YOUR paycheck. Everyone owes her. It's the democrat way of thinking.
gayblackjesus

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text> You mean like in 2nd Thessalonians, chapter 3 verse 10 : For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.?
Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
Luke 6:30

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Matthew 19:21
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Truth Deflector wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad you don't have money. You talk as if you are of the 1%,but we all know different.
And it is clear to all who has spent the entire holiday on Topix. She really needs a life!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

"Shooting Reported Outside Northeast Ohio Church."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-reported-outsi...
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know Sassy, maybe this is one of my "lessons learned" in life, as now I have shed Religion and my belief in God is even greater. I still believe religion is good for some people, but if they just take the next step and except God and not let others tell them who God is, they also will have a closer relation with God.
Hey Dunlapian,

We have something we totally agree on. I like this post and I share the same thoughts. We might not agree on politics, but I am willing to bet we do agree on a lot of other things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

"Beef With The Sequester? At Least, One Federal Program Was Able To Beat It."

Click here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/beef-w...
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Progressives are in the process of changing the meaning of marriage from a compact between a man and a woman. They want to add man and man, and woman and woman. However, the very meaning of the word "progressive" demands that things do not stop there, so who knows what they'll dream up next.

Another word that is targeted for change is "public". For instance, how exactly is public transit "public" if the people who use it have to pay for it? They already paid when their tax money built the roads and/or tracks, and in order to guarantee that people can use the roads they own, there must be publicly-provisioned transportation. Unfortunately, pretty much everywhere in America, "public" transit is not in fact provisioned - you must pay to use it, even in cities where you technically own the buses, trains, and the institutions that set the fares. What this means in practice, even without any kind of privatization, is that you're still being charged twice to use your own property, and the balance of funds is going into the hands of private construction and maintenance contractors. What's even worse is that because markets are inherently regressive, the expense of using "public" transit is much greater in relative terms for the people who need it most.

Now, not everyone who owns a given public bus can fit on that one public bus, so obviously a different economic mechanism than markets applies to public goods: Namely, queues - i.e., first-come, first-served. Only each individual citizen has a right to monetize their own access - i.e., if they were to sell their place in line to someone else, pay someone to hold their place, etc. Imposing a market externally on everyone is simply theft, and regressive theft at that.

Speaking of which, why in the hell do we not have public air transit? If we are not going to be serious about building high-speed rail, then at the very least we can provide a public air travel service. Our taxes and debt build airports, funded the aeronautical research that made these aircraft possible, run the FAA, and also track and manage air traffic. We may not be entitled to sip scotch in 1st class, but we are entitled to freely use (in both the sense of "unhindered" and "without charge") the infrastructure we own. In other words, there should be public airlines. It's not as if they would (or even could) be any less comfortable than the coach sections of private airliners, and we would at least no longer be charged at a markup for the "privilege" of being treated like sardines. Recognizing this, of course, means "No Fly Lists" are illegitimate, but if you seriously think someone is a terrorist, deport them, charge them with something, or accept the risk like a citizen of a free society.

Upshot: Public transit has to be free of charge, and access allocated only by the non-market economic mechanisms - queue, lottery, or command, or some combination thereof. Moreover, there needs to be public air travel. We built the air infrastructure, we own it, it's ours, and we each have an absolute right to use it. It should be practical to travel from one corner of this country to another without paying a single dime toward transit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••