Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#74311 Mar 29, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha, sometimes these Topix posts amaze me. OT has a Tea Party neighbor who is henpecked, so all the Republican party males are henpecked. Guess what, I have a democrat neighbor, not a liberal but a democrat, who is the biggest tightwad I have ever met. Based on your and OT's argument, I guess I am to assume all democrats are tightwads. I sort of laughed as well though. I realize OT was having a little fun.
But seriously, you would be very surprised by how many Republicans care for their fellow citizens, both democrat and republican, and are genuinely good people. I like to think of myself as one of these. I am very confident that if you were to brush politics aside for an instance, you would find many Republicans to be quite pleasurable. I in fact have found many democrats to be great people and like to call many of them as my close friends.
My ideology is secondary to my family and my values. Many republicans are like me with these priorities. For example, the second time we went to war in Iraq to me was not worth the loss of life on both sides. This move by my fellow republicans went totally against my moral beliefs. Therefore, I felt this was wrong. Rush Limbaugh has disrespected several people over the years. Even though I agree with his political beliefs, I would like nothing more than to admonish him for his unethical behavior. I have similar examples on the democrat side as well.
Sometimes I err and let my political side take control over my moral side. Sometimes, it is just human nature to do so. I try not to let this happen often though.
We as citizens of this great nation have more in common than differences. Concentrating on the differences and disrespecting people for these differences is detrimental to the country as a whole. Focusing on the commonalities can only lead to success.
Again, my two cents.
See Pete, this is why I keep coming to this Statewide Thread to read and maybe be enlightened by Posts like this one of yours. I also like to learn from discussion, but here lately, that has been almost impossible and it frustrates me. I admit it.

I know there are Good People who are Republicans, I've known some in my Life and know a few now. There seems to be less on Topix, though than there used to be.
You see, my complete opinion of you changed with this one Post.
I will try to be more respectful, but I tend to react according to the way I am treated. But, I will try to use more reasoning in my responses and ignore more of those I find offensive. I thank you for taking the time to be reasonable and patient, in telling me how you feel...maybe, it's in the Spirit of Good Friday.:)
rbs

United States

#74312 Mar 29, 2013
j bear wrote:
<quoted text>u meen u stll luvs me? i wll dumper my knew ho n com bak ta u bb.
plz bby,i need to eat,i been tellin u for a vry long time n ur teazin me n i cnt fkin take it nemore,swear to u,i cnt,i need to fkin eat,plz help me bby,i feed u too,only u,if u want,jst plz fkin feed me,plz bby ;(
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#74313 Mar 29, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
See Pete, this is why I keep coming to this Statewide Thread to read and maybe be enlightened by Posts like this one of yours. I also like to learn from discussion, but here lately, that has been almost impossible and it frustrates me. I admit it.
I know there are Good People who are Republicans, I've known some in my Life and know a few now. There seems to be less on Topix, though than there used to be.
You see, my complete opinion of you changed with this one Post.
I will try to be more respectful, but I tend to react according to the way I am treated. But, I will try to use more reasoning in my responses and ignore more of those I find offensive. I thank you for taking the time to be reasonable and patient, in telling me how you feel...maybe, it's in the Spirit of Good Friday.:)
Well said and thank you Sassy. Have a great Easter weekend.

Location hidden

#74315 Mar 29, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said and thank you Sassy. Have a great Easter weekend.
Happy Easter to you and your Family too, Pete!:)
Fowl

Jackson, TN

#74317 Mar 29, 2013
Mississippi Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>You don`t either, you dumb c^nt.
Yes you are dumb !
rbs

United States

#74318 Mar 29, 2013
I cant fkin take it bby,plz tell me jst write to me wat i gotta do to eat,im gone end up doin somethin myself to get some from some mofo wer ;(
rbs

United States

#74319 Mar 29, 2013
Im for bouta get some,some other way,my own gd way bby,i cant fkin take it,for rl n i want urs ;(
hubbub

Pittsburgh, PA

#74320 Mar 29, 2013
j bear

Mckinney, TX

#74321 Mar 29, 2013
bb i b write hear bb i wll feds u u no i wlls do et i hve alwys ben writes hears fo u bb i luv my roxrox .
j bear

Mckinney, TX

#74322 Mar 29, 2013
u no u kan alwys hve mne bb

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#74323 Mar 29, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, the only thing that comes to my mind is you are just unbelievable.
So you must be of the same mind as Linda when she said "I don't care who marries who, same sex, opposite sex, it makes no difference to me. I am not involved because I'm heterosexual and frankly, I just don't feel that it's any of my business who loves who nor who marries who, of either sex. When it somehow involves me, or somebody on my Family, then I will probably feel like it's some of my business, IF they make it my business."

The last part is the most dangerous.

"But otherwise, just let everybody do what they feel is right for them, when it comes to personal relationships and matters of the Heart. That's what I think and feel about it!"

She places no restrictions on "personal relationships and matters of the heart".

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#74324 Mar 29, 2013
Mississippi Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad your family WON`T be coming to visit you for Easter Sunday. It`s also too bad that they are waiting for you to croak so that they can have kids.
Just thought I would say hi sweetie before i doze off for the night. Have a great night.
gayblackjesus

Sparta, TN

#74325 Mar 29, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
No the idiot would be you. I admit that Linda sail people not animals. However, she did say people who are in love. She did not exclude any combinations. She sail it was none of her business as long as it did not affect her. Once a door it opened, a precedent is set and there is no telling who might be waiting on the other side to rush in. NAMBLA comes to mind as being one of the first.
If we ban gay marriage, a door is opened, a precedent is set and there is not telling who might have their marriage banned next. Ugly straight white people comes to mind as being one of the first.
dalewouldbeasham ed

Sparta, TN

#74326 Mar 29, 2013
I'm surprised someone with the username NTMD8OR is homophobic. I mean, Dale Earnhardt was gay for most of his life - he only turned straight right before his death.

“dumbasses”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#74327 Mar 29, 2013
gayblackjesus wrote:
<quoted text>
If we ban gay marriage, a door is opened, a precedent is set and there is not telling who might have their marriage banned next. Ugly straight white people comes to mind as being one of the first.
its is banned in 41 states,DUMBASS.

“dumbasses”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#74328 Mar 29, 2013
dalewouldbeashamed wrote:
I'm surprised someone with the username NTMD8OR is homophobic. I mean, Dale Earnhardt was gay for most of his life - he only turned straight right before his death.
YOU GAYS CANT HELP BUT LIE,YOUR REALLY SAD MUST BE AWFUL TO KNOW THE SCOTUS IS GONNA BURST YOUR BUBBLE

Location hidden

#74329 Mar 29, 2013
Get him to tell you his dirty little secrets and you'll be even more surprised!
gayblackjesus

Sparta, TN

#74330 Mar 29, 2013
goober45 wrote:
<quoted text>YOU GAYS CANT HELP BUT LIE,YOUR REALLY SAD MUST BE AWFUL TO KNOW THE SCOTUS IS GONNA BURST YOUR BUBBLE
*woosh*

Location hidden

#74332 Mar 29, 2013
NOT wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize your friend willard DOES NOT have an educated opinion at all when it comes to LGBT right?, His opinion is purely bigoted and bible thumping, yet he has no idea of the fight for the legal and financial rights of same sex couples. He threw out the one liner "I know a gay" just to make himself not look homophobe, but he is. You need better friends...
Thank you for sharing your opinion. While I don't agree with it I do sincerely appreciate it.
why the threadis still on

Hendersonville, TN

#74333 Mar 29, 2013
ya'll are stupid as hell.......all of ya'll

talking about hte same crp all the time....get a life...cancel the post....geezzussss

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's got your vote in the Tennessee Senate rac... 37 min WTSenior 3,736
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 171,780
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr Rut 72,221
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 hr 2nd Amendment Aaron 61,786
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 5 hr Not Landrieu 4,761
OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 6 hr Zil 81,795
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 hr auto correct 62,109
More from around the web