Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

As employers and businesses prepare for Obamacare’s sweeping changes and mandates to begin in 2014, many are already laying off some of their employees.

Medical Device Tax

1,000 jobs lost:“Stryker Corporation Confirms Obamacare Layoffs.”

275 jobs lost:“Medical Device Tax Blamed for Welch Allyn Layoffs.”

100 jobs lost:“Latest Obamacare Casualty: 100 Workers at Smith and Nephew.”

Medicare Payment Cuts

950 jobs lost:“Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Reengineers Cost Structure, Eliminate Positions.”

Up to 400 jobs lost:“Orlando Health to Cut Record Number of Jobs to Save Money.”

52 Jobs lost:“Delaware Hospice Lays Off 52 Workers amid Federal Changes.”

58 jobs lost:“Hospital Layoffs and the Affordable Hea[l]th Care Act.”

Obamacare reduces Medicare spending by $716 billion from 2013 to 2022, with a majority of the payment reductions hitting Medicare Part A providers, which includes hospitals, hospices, skilled nursing facilities, and nursing homes

Employer Mandate

At least 7,386 full-time jobs turned part-time:“State Grapples with Insurance Rules for Part-Time Workers.”

400 full-time jobs turned part-time:“Health Care Law Brings Double Dose of Trouble for CCAC Part-Time Profs.”

300 full-time jobs turned part-time:“Wendy’s Franchisee Slashes Employee Hours to Sidestep Obamacare.”

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

JoCoTpxr wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it might impact some Headstart students, teachers, aides, some airport security and controllers, some federal inspection of meats---I ssy, don't let the food supply slow down---what's a little horsemeat, and e-coli outbreaks always seem to affect the livers and kidneys of other people's children.
THANKS, REPUBLICAN OBSTRUCTIONISTS! A lot of bad stuff is going to end up at your doorstep! Your oath to Norquist placed us in this kick-the-can-down-the-road situation. Congress thought the Repubs would never institute such hurtful policies, but the Republican party members continue to surprise even themselves!
LOL

Another uninformed Democrat Drone.

The 'cuts' are not cuts in current spending at all, but GROWTH of spending. Instead of spending $10 MORE next fiscal year - the fed gov't will spend $8 MORE next fiscal year. Only to a Democrat Drone is spending MORE money than one did last year..."less".
roxy bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Uhoh...let me go get a diet mt dew lolz ur comin outa the broom closet...soo to speak lmao awwwwesy,my sweet gummy bear mwahmwahmwah n lick lmfaooo

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

As the U.S. commemorates the 40th anniversary of passage of the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline Authorization Act of 1973, it is worth remembering the challenges the project overcame and how they mirror the challenges facing the Keystone XL Pipeline today.

An 800-mile engineering marvel, the Alaska Pipeline was completed in two years and two months—but only after Congress acted to end interminable delays forced on the builders long after they completed the required environmental impact statements. Contrary to the dire predictions from many opponents, the Alaska Pipeline has had an excellent environmental record and has delivered 16 billion barrels of petroleum along with royalty revenue and thousands of jobs.

The Keystone XL, which would transport oil from Alberta (and some U.S. locations) to the Gulf Coast, has been even more extensively studied than the Alaska Pipeline was when Congress approved it in 1973. Yet it is still being stalled by environmental groups seeking to prevent any possibility of the pipeline being built in the United States—even after a series of favorable environmental impact statements (EIS) and a supplemental EIS recently issued by the State Department.

Of course, if environmentalists are successful in blocking the pipeline, that doesn’t mean the Canadian oil will not be produced. It simply means that it would be routed to China. When President Obama denied a permitting request for the Keystone XL in early 2012, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Canadian Natural Resource Minister Joe Oliver suggested that they’d be looking to the Chinese as an alternative investor.

...And Democrats decry "outsourcing jobs"...
JoCoTpxr

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Another uninformed Democrat Drone.
The 'cuts' are not cuts in current spending at all, but GROWTH of spending. Instead of spending $10 MORE next fiscal year - the fed gov't will spend $8 MORE next fiscal year. Only to a Democrat Drone is spending MORE money than one did last year..."less".
Try telling it to the American people when they ask why the Republicans did not deal with tax reform/loopholes for the corporations that the Republicans defend and represent? Why did the Republicans not deal with a BALANCE of both tax adjustments/revenue coming in and cuts to spending programs and Medicare/Medicaid etc. that will have to be made?

The Republicans need another election, that is, still another election/trip to the woodshed to tell them they do not listen well nor play well with others!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
As employers and businesses prepare for Obamacare’s sweeping changes and mandates to begin in 2014, many are already laying off some of their employees.
Medical Device Tax
Medicare Payment Cuts
950 jobs lost:“Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Reengineers Cost Structure, Eliminate Positions.”
Up to 400 jobs lost:“Orlando Health to Cut Record Number of Jobs to Save Money.”
Obamacare reduces Medicare spending by $716 billion from 2013 to 2022, with a majority of the payment reductions hitting Medicare Part A providers, which includes hospitals, hospices, skilled nursing facilities, and nursing homes
Employer Mandate
At least 7,386 full-time jobs turned part-time:“State Grapples with Insurance Rules for Part-Time Workers.”
400 full-time jobs turned part-time:“Health Care Law Brings Double Dose of Trouble for CCAC Part-Time Profs.”
300 full-time jobs turned part-time:“Wendy’s Franchisee Slashes Employee Hours to Sidestep Obamacare.”
You know as well as I do that in six months, this will all be blamed on the sequester.

AAhhhhhhhh, The sequester is coming!!!! Maybe if we all hide under the bed, we'll survive it.
JoCoTpxr

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
As the U.S. commemorates the 40th anniversary of passage of the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline Authorization Act of 1973, it is worth remembering the challenges the project overcame and how they mirror the challenges facing the Keystone XL Pipeline today.
An 800-mile engineering marvel, the Alaska Pipeline was completed in two years and two months—but only after Congress acted to end interminable delays forced on the builders long after they completed the required environmental impact statements. Contrary to the dire predictions from many opponents, the Alaska Pipeline has had an excellent environmental record and has delivered 16 billion barrels of petroleum along with royalty revenue and thousands of jobs.
The Keystone XL, which would transport oil from Alberta (and some U.S. locations) to the Gulf Coast, has been even more extensively studied than the Alaska Pipeline was when Congress approved it in 1973. Yet it is still being stalled by environmental groups seeking to prevent any possibility of the pipeline being built in the United States—even after a series of favorable environmental impact statements (EIS) and a supplemental EIS recently issued by the State Department.
Of course, if environmentalists are successful in blocking the pipeline, that doesn’t mean the Canadian oil will not be produced. It simply means that it would be routed to China. When President Obama denied a permitting request for the Keystone XL in early 2012, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Canadian Natural Resource Minister Joe Oliver suggested that they’d be looking to the Chinese as an alternative investor.
...And Democrats decry "outsourcing jobs"...
We have lots of pipeline in our country, but Canada does not necessarily need a pass/go for one that could harm the bread basket of our Midwest.
However, with global warming and drought, the U.S. breadbasket will probably be pushed northward until Canada itself becomes THE area for corn and wheat production!
roxy bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Wth r u talkin bout bby?
JoCoTpxr

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
Medical Device Tax
Medicare Payment Cuts
Employer Mandate
Knock knock! Reality check! Jobs are on the increase!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
Medical Device Tax
Medicare Payment Cuts
Employer Mandate
As you know Nuh_,since I don't want to test my firewall again, I will not even attempt to check out any of this, as you might of pulled it off your workplace wall.
roxy bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

U gd idiot lmfaooo oh n yea,ik,its ur fault bout dcs n robbin ash n wtf dr.phil? Lmao n why do u wanna know if i wanna have a gay relationship? Lolz bby

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>As you know Nuh_,since I don't want to test my firewall again, I will not even attempt to check out any of this, as you might of pulled it off your workplace wall.
I did not take this off the bulletin board - however, it is all available to anyone utilizing Google, Yahoo, etc.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

JoCoTpxr wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

O.K.

What is it now -'Recovery Summer 2010'+ 2 1/2 years???
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

JoCoTpxr wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it might impact some Headstart students, teachers, aides, some airport security and controllers, some federal inspection of meats---I ssy, don't let the food supply slow down---what's a little horsemeat, and e-coli outbreaks always seem to affect the livers and kidneys of other people's children.
THANKS, REPUBLICAN OBSTRUCTIONISTS! A lot of bad stuff is going to end up at your doorstep! Your oath to Norquist placed us in this kick-the-can-down-the-road situation. Congress thought the Repubs would never institute such hurtful policies, but the Republican party members continue to surprise even themselves!
Barack Obama 2013 State of the Union Address:

"Over the last few years, both parties have worked together to reduce the deficit by more than $2.5 trillion -- mostly through spending cuts, but also by raising tax rates on the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans. As a result, we are more than halfway towards the goal of $4 trillion in deficit reduction that economists say we need to stabilize our finances.”

The inquiring mind begs to know.

If $2.5 trillion is such a good thing, why is the sequester cut of a lousy $88 billion per year such a terrible thing?

Or put another way, if cutting a mere $88 billion caused the devastation that you've described, what were the effects of cutting the $2,5 trillion?

Doesn’t quite add up, does it?

Drink the Kool-aid. We'll all end up in a better place.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

JoCoTpxr wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the Federal Reserve doesn't not agree with you.

The Federal Reserve Beige Book, released on March 6, cited Obamacare as a factor in slowing hiring and employment growth.

The Beige Book is a report published eight times a year that details the economic activity in the 12 different Federal Reserve regions. As this most recent report explains,“Employers in several Districts cited the unknown effects of the Affordable Care Act as reasons for planned layoffs and reluctance to hire more staff.”

Obamacare imposes new costs and restrictions on business owners. It can be no surprise that many of these owners—particularly smaller companies—have decided to delay expansion and new hires. Regrettably, the harmful impact of Obamacare on the labor market is only going to increase. As many of the provisions, particularly the employer mandates, become closer to reality, more employers are going to alter hiring practices because Obamacare makes hiring a more expensive proposition.

Dunlapian: The link provided has (.gov) behind it...so it MUST be legit.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not take this off the bulletin board - however, it is all available to anyone utilizing Google, Yahoo, etc.
Nuh_, if you would of taken it off the Union Bulletin Board(which is under lock and key) I would and have taken it to the bank. I have used the Union Bulletin Board in the past to beat the C.E.O's at their own game of cashing out. You should try it some time, no matter if you are Democrat or Conservative, money is money........but it's better when it's in your own pocket.
Last week when you put a issue on here, I did google it, that's when my firewall took three fast hits.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

SSS wrote:
That little Korean Dude worries me , too!
----------
"White House Concerned With North Korean Threats."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-concerned-n...
First off, what idiot would lob a 'special weapon' at the U.S.- that has a return address???

However, just for information purposes...

The Obama Administration has tried to undermine the U.S. long-range missile defense program since it came into office.

First, it decided to decrease the number of Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) interceptors—which are capable of shooting down North Korean (and other) long-range missiles—to just 30. The Bush Administration deployed the first interceptor in 2004 and planned on deploying a total of 54 interceptors. The Obama Administration reversed that decision based on “new intelligence” purporting to show that the ballistic missile threat is not advancing as quickly as previously thought. D'OH!

Then again, Obama could direct approval of an acquisition plan for space-based missile defense interceptors based on the acquisition plan approved for Brilliant Pebbles interceptors in 1990. Space-based interceptors would provide the best protection against most classes of ballistic missiles. Sadly, Obama has done nothing to advance space-based interceptors.
roxy bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Dont act like u give a gd bout ne of these issues coz we both know u dont n im jst kinda upset rt now bby,otay
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>As you know Nuh_,since I don't want to test my firewall again, I will not even attempt to check out any of this, as you might of pulled it off your workplace wall.
What are you using, a "union made" firewall?

That's one that demands outrageous wages, paid leave, paid vacations, employer-provided health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and employer-provided pension plans, and then makes an inferior product that works sometimes.

Which is why the best anti-virus programs/firewalls are developed overseas.

But then, you can surf without worrying whether or not the developer’s employees were drinking and smoking weed on their breaks:

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
Last week when you put a issue on here, I did google it, that's when my firewall took three fast hits.
Yes I did. However, I did NOT put a link with it...and did I NOT clandestinely utilize my TeaPublican virus insertion program to obliderate SexySassySenior's computer either as she claims.

I typed the info in manually - I reckon you went to search for said info online...and your search garnered your firewall results...I had nothing to do with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Old Guy 30,458
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Curmudgeon 151,027
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 4 hr bacon hater 57,003
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr fubar 17,838
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 4 hr REAL AMERICAN PAT... 96,987
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 hr silverfox 53,002
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 hr Red Square 58,740
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••