Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#68655 Feb 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Dang, I never knew OT was a Conservative, I guess because like you say he is generally calm and gives a honest opinion rather than those profanity laced insults.
OT has posted that he used to be a Republican until the Republican Party went so far Right that he just couldn't support it, anymore. I think OT was a Moderate Republican and that he is a Moderate Democrat, now.
Moderates are not bad People, in either Party. But, all of the Moderate Republicans are leaving Congress because they just can't uphold what is now going on in the Republican Party. It started with the influx of the Evangelical Christians' influence in the Republican Party and it has progressed to the Tea Party Members' influence. If the Republicans don't rid themselves of both influences, it will be the death of their Party, IMO.
I've voted Republican in the past, but I never will, again...not until they get back to being a sensible Party, instead of a Radical Party.
Greed and the Love of Money has corrupted both Parties, IMO. Even the Democrats have some that members that have fallen into that trap. I yearn for the Democrats of Old, but I'm afraid those days are gone forever.
Man, I sound OLD, myself, don't I? Maybe my Age is catching up to me! That's what Old People do, wish we could go back to a better place in time...and that's just what I posted! Topix did it to me! Lol!
Wow! I gotta change that! Lol!

Location hidden

#68657 Feb 22, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok SSS, you're right to a degree. I will lay off. Part of the reason for my replies to your posts was simply to humor myself. Some of it was uncalled for. I apologize for the part where I may be stepping over the line. But please try not to issue blanket criticisms against an entire organization, group of people or industry merely based on what you think is going on. All corporations are not bad, all republicans are not bad. Yes, we disagree on what is ailing the country, but your opinion on the causes of these ailments is no more correct than mine. Realistically, neither one of us knows enough to come up with a solution to fix everything and neither one of us knows enough to pinpoint the problems. Just because we read something on the internet doesn't mean what we read is the absolute truth. I will respect your right to your opinion in the future, but please, respect mine as well. We can agree to disagree.
If you could just refrain from calling others idiots, stupid or just plain ignorant because they have an opinion different than you, I think you would find that others would respect you more for having your own opinion rather than blasting them for having theirs.
Regardless, you won't get anymore personal attacks from me. Nobody deserves to be personally mistreated due to having an differing opinion.
Truce?
Pete, I really have no quarrel with you. You see your things your way because of your Life experiences and I see them my way for the same reason. You have one way of expressing yourself and I have another. I don't bother with being "Polite" to posters that I do not know other than by their words...and if their words are deliberate Lies, then I don't feel that I owe them any courtesy because of the damage they may do, by influencing somebody who doesn't know any different. It's not meant to be personal, how could it be since I don't know you personally.
But, as angry as you've made me, unfairly I thought, I don't sense that you are a bad or deliberately mean Person.
Therefore, I do apologize to you if I "personally" offended you...but I warn you that I will probably do it, again, in the heat of "political battle". I'm passionate in my Beliefs...it's just the kind of Person that I am...I can't change it. If I'm your Friend, I'm the best Friend you'll ever have, as long as you don't screw me over...and if I'm your Enemy, I'll be the worst Enemy you'll ever have, unless you try to make amends and then, I forgive very easily, but it takes me a long time to forget. I don't throw it up in your face, but I rarely forget it, if I think you have done me wrong.
So, I took your Post as a half-way effort to apologize and an effort to make Peace. I am willing to accept and do both...only because I don't think you're a Bad Person, just frustrated and worried, as we all are.
wacky pack

Duluth, GA

#68663 Feb 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>They knew to go while the getting was good. They couldn't run fast enough to get away from the "Thing" they were attached to! Can you blame them???
The only thing they should have done, but didn't apparently, was to kick "It's" Azz before they left!
And I am NOT joking!
lol. Angry this morning are you dear?

Location hidden

#68664 Feb 22, 2013
TJohn wrote:
<quoted text>Please. Not so early in the morning. I was trying to enjoy my coffee but you ruined it with your all demoncrat drivel.
And please don`t use the word " sexy " with the word senior unless you are a senior in high school. Joan Rivers tried that already and trust me it doesn`t work.
And as usual, you blame somebody else entirely while not recognizing your own responsibility in your "discomfort" because you voluntarily read it!
Let me guess...you're a Teapublican, aren't you?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68665 Feb 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, I really have no quarrel with you. You see your things your way because of your Life experiences and I see them my way for the same reason. You have one way of expressing yourself and I have another. I don't bother with being "Polite" to posters that I do not know other than by their words...and if their words are deliberate Lies, then I don't feel that I owe them any courtesy because of the damage they may do, by influencing somebody who doesn't know any different. It's not meant to be personal, how could it be since I don't know you personally.
But, as angry as you've made me, unfairly I thought, I don't sense that you are a bad or deliberately mean Person.
Therefore, I do apologize to you if I "personally" offended you...but I warn you that I will probably do it, again, in the heat of "political battle". I'm passionate in my Beliefs...it's just the kind of Person that I am...I can't change it. If I'm your Friend, I'm the best Friend you'll ever have, as long as you don't screw me over...and if I'm your Enemy, I'll be the worst Enemy you'll ever have, unless you try to make amends and then, I forgive very easily, but it takes me a long time to forget. I don't throw it up in your face, but I rarely forget it, if I think you have done me wrong.
So, I took your Post as a half-way effort to apologize and an effort to make Peace. I am willing to accept and do both...only because I don't think you're a Bad Person, just frustrated and worried, as we all are.
Linda, that was a very nice post!

Location hidden

#68666 Feb 22, 2013
wacky pack wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Angry this morning are you dear?
Actually, NO! But, my patience will lessen as the day goes on...it always does when I'm on Topix!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#68667 Feb 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
OT has posted that he used to be a Republican until the Republican Party went so far Right that he just couldn't support it, anymore. I think OT was a Moderate Republican and that he is a Moderate Democrat, now.
You are right my friend ! I was a Republican.... at a time when Republicans were the party of small businessmen/women on Main Street, not multi-national mega-corporations. At a time when Republicans were the party of civil rights, and the racists were mostly Democrats. At a time when Republicans could support the creation of the EPA, not seek to allow any environmental degradation for dollars. At a time when Republicans admitted that "government" could be a force for good, and a hand up for the least among us, not a party that would have their fellow citizens die rather than pay a few more pennies in taxes. These principles are common sense. Using THEM as a basis for choosing a party any reasonable American would join that party. BUT that party evaporated into the ether, replaced by today's Republican Party, a hull of it's former self, and in serious danger of becoming a regional party of the old south and an ever shrinking portion of the middle west. Having discovered that there are more important things in life than money...I have changed as well, but I assure you, not as much as my former party has !
I am still a supporter of second amendment rights and a gun owner, I am still a supporter of private property rights. I am still a supporter of small business, I am opposed to the "Patriot Act" and NDAA. I am opposed to amnesty for illegals unless and until the border is sealed from further migrations, and I endeavor to be a Christian, so I don't agree with some in my party either ! For now, and apparently for the forseeable future, the Dems are a better fit and Republicans just keep moving further and further away !
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68668 Feb 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that I'll never look at Israel the same way, again. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. I've read Article that basically said, in a gentle way, that Israel was just using us and I remember the Israeli Spy that stole Nuclear Secrets from us...and we did very little about any of this. But, the USS Liberty was going too far...way too far!
I can't help but wonder if things would have been different had JFK not been assassinated and did these things have anything to do with the real reason he was assassinated, and did Lee Harvey Oswald actually do it and if he did, was it like we have been told all these years?
You know, there are supposed to be some Sealed Documents about the JFK Assassination, that aren't allowed to be opened for one hundred years from the time of his death, supposedly by the request of Jackie and the Kennedy Family. There's never even been any hint as to what's in them, but the Press has slightly insinuated that they think it is information about his assassination. I wonder, but I'll never know.
Linda, the stealing of Nuclear secrets from us is bad, but nothing like the stealing of 201 kg. of highly enriched uranium from our processing facility, Numec in Pennsylvania. When back in 1968 some Israeli spies paid a visit there.
Both the FBI and CIA conducted years long investigation into the missing Uranium, but no charges were ever filed.
Oh BTW before you do a search on this issue let me advise you if you go to far your computer will start getting attacked.......so have a good fire wall with the latest updates and best protection.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68669 Feb 22, 2013
Points of light wrote:
thanks for serving your country
Your very welcome!

Location hidden

#68670 Feb 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Linda, that was a very nice post!
Lol! Well, he deserved some understanding, if he's who he says he is...a Business Owner. I'm sure he's just worried about his Business and rightfully so, in these Economic Hard Times. I can understand that. We just have differing opinions of how we got here and how our Gov't. can make things better, and who can make that happen , if they were just allowed to do so, with a little cooperation from the opposing political Party.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68672 Feb 22, 2013
SexySasssySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I support Israel with every fiber of my body. They are the ones that help in a time of need.
I have nothing against the Israeli people, I just don't like their government or the IDF.

Location hidden

#68673 Feb 22, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> You are right my friend ! I was a Republican.... at a time when Republicans were the party of small businessmen/women on Main Street, not multi-national mega-corporations. At a time when Republicans were the party of civil rights, and the racists were mostly Democrats. At a time when Republicans could support the creation of the EPA, not seek to allow any environmental degradation for dollars. At a time when Republicans admitted that "government" could be a force for good, and a hand up for the least among us, not a party that would have their fellow citizens die rather than pay a few more pennies in taxes. These principles are common sense. Using THEM as a basis for choosing a party any reasonable American would join that party. BUT that party evaporated into the ether, replaced by today's Republican Party, a hull of it's former self, and in serious danger of becoming a regional party of the old south and an ever shrinking portion of the middle west. Having discovered that there are more important things in life than money...I have changed as well, but I assure you, not as much as my former party has !
I am still a supporter of second amendment rights and a gun owner, I am still a supporter of private property rights. I am still a supporter of small business, I am opposed to the "Patriot Act" and NDAA. I am opposed to amnesty for illegals unless and until the border is sealed from further migrations, and I endeavor to be a Christian, so I don't agree with some in my party either ! For now, and apparently for the forseeable future, the Dems are a better fit and Republicans just keep moving further and further away !
Strangly enough, OT, I have been a Democrat my entire Life and I believe in the exact same things that you do and always have....and you're right! To me, it's just Common Sense Beliefs for the betterment of ALL, and this Nation as a whole!

Location hidden

#68674 Feb 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I have nothing against the Israeli people, I just don't like their government or the IDF.
Absolutely!

Since: Jul 10

Cumberland City, TN

#68675 Feb 22, 2013
And as usual, you blame somebody else entirely while not recognizing your own responsibility in your "discomfort" because you voluntarily read it!

No.

And to respond to this post also, you do realize all the people in the Israeli gov`t and Israeli IDF are Israeli`s right ?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#68676 Feb 22, 2013
Well, I offer my admiration to "Pete" and to Linda for their exchanges of understanding...certainly a rare thing on Topix !

Location hidden

#68677 Feb 22, 2013
TJohn wrote:
No.
And to respond to this post also, you do realize all the people in the Israeli gov`t and Israeli IDF are Israeli`s right ?
You cannot blame the average Israeli Citizen for what their Gov't. does any more than you can blame the average American Citizen for what our Gov't. does.

And I certainly have no prejudice against them because they are "Jewish", if that's what you're meaning!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68678 Feb 22, 2013
TJohn wrote:
No.
Oh geeze here we go.......splitting hairs. I don't have the time to waste!

Location hidden

#68679 Feb 22, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Linda, the stealing of Nuclear secrets from us is bad, but nothing like the stealing of 201 kg. of highly enriched uranium from our processing facility, Numec in Pennsylvania. When back in 1968 some Israeli spies paid a visit there.
Both the FBI and CIA conducted years long investigation into the missing Uranium, but no charges were ever filed.
Oh BTW before you do a search on this issue let me advise you if you go to far your computer will start getting attacked.......so have a good fire wall with the latest updates and best protection.
Thanks for the warning, I will just avoid it altogether because I do remember that, I had just forgotten it.
I do believe that the Israeli Gov't. would sell us out in a heartbeat, if it was to their advantage to do so...after all we've done for them. Furthermore, I believe that our Gov't. knows they would. So, I think our Gov't. keeps giving them what they want because it's better to have them as a "Mooching" Fake
Friend than it is to make them an Enemy!
In a way, we made the "monster" and now, we have to live with it!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#68680 Feb 22, 2013
WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not certain you are prepared for what I presently think. I suppose I should first ascertain if you authored the flagship of indecency recently launched against SSS and those of us burdened to read it! If so, I wish to declare such an act decisive cause to exclude you from a group of individuals I will engage with on topix, or elsewhere. If I am in error here, I gladly offer apology. If not, I must tell you this post was offensive beyond prurience, and most unwelcomed by me.
While those in our group heartilly joust with each other in robust debate, argument, confrontation, satire, parody, sinicism, one-up-manship and the rest of it, The spectacle of this post falls outside the purview of social acceptability. Triple (S) remains on the opposite spectrum of most of what I believe, but does not deserve this brand of filthiness!
"Willard", I didn't bother to go back and check the post you refer to above, but since you are calling for an end to some of the filth posted on this thraed...Thank you.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#68681 Feb 22, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the warning, I will just avoid it altogether because I do remember that, I had just forgotten it.
I do believe that the Israeli Gov't. would sell us out in a heartbeat, if it was to their advantage to do so...after all we've done for them. Furthermore, I believe that our Gov't. knows they would. So, I think our Gov't. keeps giving them what they want because it's better to have them as a "Mooching" Fake
Friend than it is to make them an Enemy!
In a way, we made the "monster" and now, we have to live with it!
Ya know Linda, I never thought of it like that, you might be onto something. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citizen Sound-Off Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 27 min Stupid Obama Bitches 101,098
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min woodtick57 179,466
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 43 min Well Duh 76,128
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Giddyup 64,570
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Truth is might 19,718
Election OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 3 hr Misty 83,134
Election Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 hr xxxrayted 35,137
More from around the web